Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists (203 Views)

Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Mikel99(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
I am baffled about this question: Does God recognize the sin of people who engage in it under the influence of spell and witchcraft?
For example, a person who commits adultery under the influence of curses or witchcraft and has no control over his freewill. I mean if the person cannot resist or has lost total control of himself and doesn't know what he is doing again.
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mikel99:

I am baffled about this question: Does God recognize the sin of people who engage in it under the influence of spell and witchcraft?
For example, a person who commits adultery under the influence of curses or witchcraft and has no control over his freewill. I mean if the person cannot resist or has lost total control of himself and doesn't know what he is doing again.

Demons are the forces behind spells but they don't have any control over believers.

Because the believer's brain is functioning under the control of God's Holy Spirit so it's when the believer backslides that demons can take control and since demons are targeting believers they will come back in multiple folds {Matthew 12:43-45} all these is the result of backsliding:

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death! James 1:13-15

2 Likes

Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mikel99:

Can a witch or spell make you sleep on a bed of hot coals?

People already plan to sin and so it is very easy for another person to move them into committing that sin.
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Leggodeals(f): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mikel99:
In this case there is an entanglement of the flesh. Yes, demonic influences are real but demons cannot act in the absence of sin-whether the sin(s) be an action or a nature.

If a demon has full contol over a person, then they are demonically possessed. And this only happens to unbelievers. Unbelievers are already condemned by virtue of not believing in the only begotten son of God, Jesus Christ.

Christians can also be tormented or oppressed or influenced by demons because of ignorance but we can never be possessed by demons.

The root of this question is still thinking God is condemning anyone for sins. The only sin the Holy spirit would convict the world of is unbelief in the Lord Jesus.

If you believe in Jesus, there is no more record of your sins. All you do is receive forgiveness every time you fall into sin. Everyone in Christ is forgiven already and the blood of Jesus has cleansed us of all unrighteousness.

If you don't believe in Jesus, you are condemned and the wrath of God is upon you.
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Mikel99(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2023
Leggodeals:
In this case there is an entanglement of the flesh. Yes, demonic influences are real but demons cannot act in the absence of sin-whether the sin(s) be an action or a nature.

If a demon has full contol over a person, then they are demonically possessed. And this only happens to unbelievers. Unbelievers are already condemned by virtue of not believing in the only begotten son of God, Jesus Christ.

Christians can also be tormented or oppressed or influenced by demons because of ignorance but we can never be possessed by demons.

The root of this question is still thinking God is condemning anyone for sins. The only sin the Holy spirit would convict the world of is unbelief in the Lord Jesus.

If you believe in Jesus, there is no more record of your sins. All you do is receive forgiveness every time you fall into sin. Everyone in Christ is forgiven already and the blood of Jesus has cleansed us of all unrighteousness.

If you don't believe in Jesus, you are condemned and the wrath of God is upon you.
What about exorcism pastors or priests perform on Christians? Are the victims of exorcism not christians?
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Leggodeals(f): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2023
Mikel99:

What about exorcism pastors or priests perform on Christians? Are the victims of exorcism not christians?
The only way to gain clarity of things is to focus on the reality and not what seems. There are false ministers and Christians for a reason. The Word of God is the truth and reality, anything that contradicts it is not of him.
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Mikel99(m): 5:36am On Sep 26, 2023
Leggodeals:
The only way to gain clarity of things is to focus on the reality and not what seems. There are false ministers and Christians for a reason. The Word of God is the truth and reality, anything that contradicts it is not of him.
Don't your pastors conduct deliverance in church where they cast out evil spirits?
They are not men of God, right?
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Mikel99(m): 5:41am On Sep 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Demons are the forces behind spells but they don't have any control over believers.

Because the believer's brain is functioning under the control of God's Holy Spirit so it's when the believer backslides that demons can take control and since demons are targeting believers they will come back in multiple folds {Matthew 12:43-45} all these is the result of backsliding:

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death! James 1:13-15
Re: Good Afternoon My Fellow Theists by Mikel99(m): 5:47am On Sep 26, 2023
Leggodeals:

If you claim that God does not protect unbelievers and the wrath of God is upon them, what about the Jews who do not believe in Jesus and are still under the protection of God? I hope you have heard about God protecting Israel in wars?

(1) (Reply)

The Day Your Spirits Rebel, Things Will Never Be The Same In Your Country. / Dreamed Of Picking Three Snails / C&S Spiritual Leader, Baba Aladura, Dies At 103

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.