Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? (28524 Views)

Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by juman(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Sharon:

That is not how diabetes works.

How it works?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by bigtt76(f): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sad but that appears to be the only way out now. Its very risky cause diabetics suffering from wounds find it difficult healing and amputating may further aggravate this and lead to undesirable consequences undecided

HomoSapiien:

It’s over a week now and he’s in pain. embarassed

I’m not in the hospital as I’m in another state and I’ve not been comfortable with what I’m hearing about the whole thing.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Imstrong2(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
damola1:

The only hereditary thing about diabetes is habits.

Lose weight. Eat less, eat well. More more . And it won’t exist no more
please throw a little more light on this
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Aladesanmi5: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

My question is, is it best to treat him or get the leg amputated?

What are the chances of his survival doctors in the house?

File Photo: for illustration
Pls dont amputate the leg, we can handle that. If you care to know, you chat me privately so that i can direct you to where you can treat him in ondo state. For now let him stop salty/ sugary foods.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by miketyler(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
There are herbs used in treating it; my moms own was 2018 was so bad that it’s always brings out liquid …kept going to the hospital and doctor kept cutting off the old tissue making her bleed and in pains…we quit going to the hospital and tried local herbs ..boiled and she drank daily + one other stuff she do rob on it and now it’s gone … go herbal don’t amputate anything abeg
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by ozoigbondu1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Depending on the gangrene. Rush to Dr physiq Health and Wellness Center or call 08091078555

HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by tubolancer(m): 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
sukkot:
There is also a spiritual element to diabetes. There is a spiritual element to everything. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience and as it is in the spirit so does it manifest in the flesh and so a person with diabetes ? Judgement has been out on that soul from above that the soul will not enjoy anything sweet again and this is symbolically put in the flesh as you can't digest sweet sugar. You have the inability to utilize sweetness meaning your life will be full of bitterness. So a judgment of bitterness has been placed on this soul by the gods. So this problem needs to be attacked physically and spiritually
You have spoken well, let me share my story here for others to learn and be prayerful. I worked in a very big school with over five hundred students and I became the principal of the school, then one day the proprietor called me and told me someone among the staffs would walk on something on the school compound and fall sick meanwhile this man and his wife were suffering from diabetes, I didn't know much about the diseases, my dad and mom did not suffer from this diseases both of them are in their late 70s. Suddenly one day in the middle of the night I suffered a terrible attack, I knew it wasn't ordinary, my heart, my head all part of my body was vibrating, it was as if my heart was running down somewhere to hit a stone. I was taken to the hospital, my blood sugar and blood pressure went up. I prevented them from giving me an injection at the hospital, later I called my pastor. I think my blood sugar was 322 I couldn't breathe. The doctor gave me metformin and other diabetic drugs, and I could only take the metformin sometimes. I started praying, I knew it was not ordinary disease. After two days of praying, a bird fell down behind the window of my room and when I went to check my blood sugar the same evening, it went down to 150. Today my blood sugar is 80-90 and my blood pressure is 105. The man lost his child and his wife and God bless with a good health and new job. It is a long story but I thank God. Sometimes this disease is spiritual but some are hereditary, some lifestyle.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
ibro2much:

I disagree with what you have said up there,
My mum is diabetic and has been managing it for a long while.
she somehow hit her toe on something which later resulted in an open wound.
The wound started expanding and there was nothing we did not do but it keeps getting bigger and wider.

We later went to isolo general Hospital and we were directed to go for some test to check if the leg has gangrene or not,or if there is any blood flow to the said leg.

After conducting the test at Mushin for like 80something thousand naira,we took the result back to the hospital.
The doctor we met on duty later told us that the leg would need to be amputated,if we need her alive.

My siblings all objected to amputation and took her back home,then we got a nurse that comes to clean the wound daily and also treat her(regulating her blood sugar level daily)......
And some herbal treatment like putting mashed pawpaw close to the wound daily to stop the bleeding.

To the glory of God,the wound has finally healed and she can now use her legs to walk.
(Although it not easy,but it's achievable).

Till date she is still managing the diabetes.

Thought as much. You aren’t a Dr for what you said earlier.
Now let me explain what happened to your mum and also to tell you the danger in telling everybody you come across to reject amputation based on what your mum experienced.
Your Mum’s leg was still viable and hadn’t gotten to the stage where amputation was the only remedy. That’s why the leg could be salvaged. Also your mum probably had her blood glucose under control and the infection or wound had not yet become very chronic with other co-morbidities alongside poor sugar control. I must say she was really lucky.

Now using your mum as a reason to tell anybody who has this issue to reject amputation is totally wrong when you do not have any evidence that their case isn’t as bad as your mum’s. Infact that is very dangerous and can lead to the death of the person.

That you have headache and it was cured by paracetamol doesn’t mean every headache should be treated with paracetamol. Headache caused by high BP won’t go away with paracetamol not to talk of that caused by a tumor.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by ayarandy: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
Join #NSPPD 7AM FIRE PRAYER ON YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK AND MIXLR. Bring the issue before the LORD. I can assure you he'll be healed and made whole for WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Truthshotcrazy: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
tillaman:

Please advice them to amputate it, my beloved mother God rest her soul died due to this same thing, we thought we could treat her but the treatment would seem like the sore is healing but meanwhile na Sepsis go end the person life, organic failure as a result of septic shock!
You should advice the family, amputation might be the best option for the said person
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Imstrong2:
please throw a little more light on this

It’s really simple.

Eat. Food like beans. Sweet potatoes. Vegetable.

Lose 15kg. And you will reverse diabetes. I know cos I am doing it!

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by dallash: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
The earlier they amputate the leg since doctore has advised already, the better. Same thing happen to my mum and we were advised, my dad and mum declined. We paid for the surgery just waiting for my mum consent, she didn't agree and she felt better and when the pain came the following week, we rushed her back on her way we lost her. And doctor told us similar incident that happen. If you like ehim tell they to proceed with the surgery
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sukkot: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
tubolancer:
You have spoken well, let me share my story here for others to learn and be prayerful. I worked in a very big school with over five hundred students and I became the principal of the school, then one day the proprietor called me and told me someone among the staffs would walk on something on the school compound and fall sick meanwhile this man and his wife were suffering from diabetes, I didn't know much about the diseases, my dad and mom did not suffer from this diseases both of them are in their late 70s. Suddenly one day in the middle of the night I suffered a terrible attack, I knew it wasn't ordinary, my heart, my head all part of my body was vibrating, it was as if my heart was running down somewhere to hit a stone. I was taken to the hospital, my blood sugar and blood pressure went up. I prevented them from giving me an injection at the hospital, later I called my pastor. I think my blood sugar was 322 I couldn't breathe. The doctor gave me metformin and other diabetic drugs, and I could only take the metformin sometimes. I started praying, I knew it was not ordinary disease. After two days of praying, a bird fell down behind the window of my room and when I went to check my blood sugar the same evening, it went down to 150. Today my blood sugar is 80-90 and my blood pressure is 105. The man lost his child and his wife and God bless with a good health and new job. It is a long story but I thank God. Sometimes this disease is spiritual but some are hereditary, some lifestyle.
wow what a story. We thank God that you are fine now. And yes everything is spiritual. Even the hereditary and lifestyle induced one are spiritual . Spirits can colonise your body and force you into a destructive lifestyle that will destroy your body. It's all spiritual

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Truthshotcrazy: 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Depends if its gangrenous already. Its already fatal situation if gang rene already

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by beelon1020(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

go for stemcell treatment
It will cure it…
Check around ikeja for their office…
If you need the advance treatment tho, then look at India or Mexico…
Don’t waste that man’s leg…..
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by kay29000(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
RichboyPee:
At this stage, you can just pray. My Dad had his amputated last year and he didn't survive it. After spending over a million naira on surgery and drugs. I am sure he would still be here if we had continued managing it as before

This is so sad. Sorry about that.

How were you managing it before?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Acidosis(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
damola1:

It’s really simple.

Eat. Food like beans. Sweet potatoes. Vegetable.

Lose 15kg. And you will reverse diabetes. I know cos I am doing it!

Diabetes is a complex disease, bros. Merely losing weight changes nothing.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by DrAda(f): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Listen to the doctor or risk losing your brother

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sangresan(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
hustla:
It can be managed with a good dietician and medication but once there's a relapse, it's a problem

Best amputated before it has sepsis which will will kill him

Talking from what I have seen in real time

Can I message you?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Yankee101: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Follow your doctor’s advisory before gangrene sets in and affects other parts of your body or even take your life
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by SUNNINO(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
Do a scan on the foot to determine the extent it has eaten, if it has go deep inside the best thing is amputation to save the life.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by ylordy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

My Dad has been in the same situation the doc said amputation is the best that the stuff have damaged most of his toes bone but my mum disagreed we went traditional the wounds closed up and he is working with the leg uptill today.

Go for herbs and traditional medicine, when I saw my dad's leg then I thought it will not be able to make it the foot divided into to you can literally see his bones... But now everything is fine now.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Topmaike007(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

this type of issues is playing out in Oau teaching hospital between a patient I really feel for him to be honest
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by BESTScientist1: 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
I need to know his name and where he is, every sickness is 99.9% satanic oppression, the terrible state he is makes it more interesting to God, because now it's beyond the money you have. so can I pray for him. Those legs will receive strength, I join my faith with yours and decree in Jesus name that normalcy is restored to his legs and system in Jesus name. He needs to ask for forgiveness and now decide to live and please God. It's ridiculous but I've seen God do incredible things even as a biomedical personal, so his will not be an exception in Jesus.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by tubolancer(m): 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
sukkot:
wow what a story. We thank God that you are fine now. And yes everything is spiritual. Even the hereditary and lifestyle induced one are spiritual . Spirits can colonise your body and force you into a destructive lifestyle that will destroy your body. It's all spiritual
This is my story, we don't have it in my family, I don't engage in a destructive lifestyle, I do not drink alcohol, and do not patronize fast food outlets, I eat a balanced diet and engages in lots of exercises.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by rolams(m): 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

I know some active local herbs for diabetics he can use. He will start seeing the effect within 3 days.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by hustla(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
sangresan:

Can I message you?

I'm not a Dr

wink
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by mariahAngel(f): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Simdyofficial:
cry my dad's own is worst mhen.. full leg. We keep spending. I pray he gets well

What an awful situation.
Has he been amputated already?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Shaneroberts: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
mariahAngel:

If you don't mind me asking; have you researched on intermittent fasting, autophagy, and regeneration of cells?
Do you think it can help in this case or it's already too late?
Yes. A water fast longer than 20 days and above will reverse it. Fasting is nature's gift to man, it is not a religious phenomenom.
It is the quickest way to induce autophagy.
In 2121 I water-fasted for 2 weeks every month and it was surreal. The body heals itself through fasting. There is a difference between fasting and starvation.
Fasting is the greatest medicine in the world and it is free.
Improper blood circulation is the major cause of sicknesses.
That is why I don't joke with water fast,jump rope,blood donation after every 3 months,apple cider vinegar,probiotics,water purifier and extra virgin olive oil. I make sure I drink up to 16 litres of extra virgin olive oil every year. Na my life hack be this. And I am a vegetarian.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by twilliamx(m): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:

That means the foot has gangrene and if it's not amputated it will get to his heart and it will be definitely fatal same thing happened to my mom. It started from the big toe, because of delay, they had to amputate below the knee. Let him take his decision fast.. There are prosthetics and he will walk again
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Shaneroberts: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
mariahAngel:

If you don't mind me asking; have you researched on intermittent fasting, autophagy, and regeneration of cells?
Do you think it can help in this case or it's already too late?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
Acidosis:

Diabetes is a complex disease, bros. Merely losing weight changes nothing.

Nothing complex about diabetes root cause.

It’s the symptoms that is complex. But the root cause na chop chop chop of wrong food and too much food.

It’s a disease of food abuse.

Lose 15kg. It is actually the game changer.

I will dash out reversing diabetes book by prof Roy to anyone keen about it. I bought 8units last week. Na me they train My doctor doctor sef. Cos they all getting wrong

Lose weight too and bp drops too.

I studied it. I am using it… my sugar no Dey pass 110 … and no be fluke …and been using drugs for over 10 years. Anyone who one delete .. just eat like 1-2 x daily… eat exceptional food like beans and potatoes and once a week do one food daily.

In 2-3 months.. he go shock you. As the other guy said… allow fasting intermittent be a part of you. Only eat between 6-8 hours. Don’t eat fruits . If you want to shut it down…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 10 Lagos Government House Workers Test Positive / Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option / Home Exercise You Should Do To Burn Fat Rapidly

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64