Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? (28466 Views)

Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic / Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Man Serves His Amputated Foot To Friends For Dinner (Graphic Story & Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Daughterboard(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
juman:
Please people don't get diabetes.
Yes, you can prevent it.
Be vigilant with what you eat and be active and be measuring your blood sugar regularly.

Whenever I saw bad sugar level reading, I do blood sugar testing four to five times daily to know what works for me.

My brother just practice One Meal a Day (OMAD) to manage your sugar level. You will be fine trust me.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Ochyes: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
If you can lay your hands on this book"Halleluia Diet" by George Malkus. There are various testimonies including that of a diabetic man initially stuborn about the diet. When his leg was to be amputated, he refused and followed the "Halleluia Diet". He became free of diabetes and he was not amputated. There are stories of cancer, arthritis, diabetes etc that disappeared. Let your brother give a try.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by damola1: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Daughterboard:

My brother just practice One Meal a Day (OMAD) to manage your sugar level. You will be fine trust me.

We too Dey chop not out of hunger but out of Habit…

Who created breakfast? Lunch ? Or dinner ?

Only eat when you are really hungry… as my man here said once or max 2x a day… and you home free
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by HomoSapiien: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
gudugudumeje:
Yes, it can. Well that is if timely managed and left to surgery to handle the dead part...... But dont go to UCH o! All those stupid doctors there know is to amputate......

He’s currently there unfortunately cry
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by johngwain: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

My question is, is it best to treat him or get the leg amputated?

What are the chances of his survival doctors in the house?

File Photo: for illustration
Send me an email at johnmaince@gmail.com, I will tell u what to do, just drop your phone number, let's talk
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by MrCaesar: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
I have an uncle that was once recommended an amputation by a doctor. He was able to get by it using herbal cure. Amputation should be last resort. He should try herbal remedies as soon as possible.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Szdorf: 12:32am On Sep 24, 2023
I think this miracle intense can help ur brother heal d soul wound without operation because ur family need to think about his future
Call I may help
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 24, 2023
LordErrk:

Oga rest. Treatment for diabetic foot depend on the facilities of your center. Deep ulcers, even a grade 4 DFU may be effectively treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, among others. We refer patients all the time to centers like that, if they don't want an amputation...and they're ready to spend the money
Besides the fact that op mentioned the patient is in a lot of pain means there's still neuromuscular functions in that area. AMPUTATIONS SHOULDN'T JUST BE DONE!
So from the jargon you scribbled, I can easily deduce your just a silly internet troll, who knows nothing other than what he sees from the internet

Hyperbaric oxygen treatment is quite expensive in these parts as not too many patients can afford it and is not a guarantee that it will cure a grade 4 DFU. Even before oxygen therapy re-vascularization of the affected limb should be offered to the patient first. And if you aren’t reading with half your brain you’d have seen that I never said amputations should be done outrightly but only after individualizing the patient and considering if that’s the next best thing.
Where I am it is offered to patients and they are referred but we have very few who even consider it cos of cost. You sound like you know someone who works in a centre where DMFS is managed…at least you didn’t just read off the internet.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by juman(m): 2:15am On Sep 24, 2023
Daughterboard:

Thanks.
But I dont have diabetes.
I am just trying to prevent it.
One Meal a Day for a person that pick euro from the street is practically impossible.
One need energy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by real777(m): 4:47am On Sep 24, 2023
I am tempted to say that eating three times daily - morning, afternoon and evening when you are not an artisan, outdoor man working on the field sweating should be discouraged for proper functioning and elimination of waste from your body. You can not be in your bed, on your desk pressing phone and computer all day and have the effrontry to load your stomach with food, meat, soft drinks and ordering all sorts of food on the internet daily in the name of enjoyment lol.

My oga life doesn't work like that. People are quick to compare this so called "woke" deadly generation to that of our forebears but you are not ready to sacrifice your current enemical lifestyle.

For example they weren't eating refrigerated food and meat, never used carbide to ripen their plantain, weren't consuming soda and mineral water like the people of today. There was no "agbo" vendor mixing all sorts of concoctions to cure illness and boost sex performance, no fake drugs manufacturer, expired drugs, etc. Instead were eating fresh tomatoes and vegetables straight from the farms and not market. Nobody was using formalin to preserve meat but rather ate bush meat and healthy fish. No commercial fertilisers was available to boost crop production that today is now the culture of farming. So numerous to mention. The people of today are more desperate and wicked than the former...

What our ancestors lack then was not knowing their genotype before getting married. Go and figure why Elijah was being fed twice daily by the raven bird as powerful as God is, He could have loaded him with more than twice.

Lastly, moderation is the key to healthy living and if you destroy your own body with food, that may just be the end of it. Na who well go fit reason whether heaven sure for am. Those that have ears to hear, let them hear.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by mu2sa2: 5:50am On Sep 24, 2023
I knew a woman in a similar situation some years back. When her foot sore wasn't healing, the doctors at the teaching hospital asked the family to procure honey and they used it for dressing the sore. After about 2 weeks on admission she was discharged but a local nurse continued with the honey dressing at home for some time. The sore eventually closed up and healed completely. She never missed her daily insulin injection, though.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by leeikem(m): 6:29am On Sep 24, 2023
Who is feeding you all with this scam?
Diabetes existed when processed sugar and foods came into existence.
Diabetes is not hereditary, it’s continuous eating of bad foods.. from family to family.
Let the family check their ways of eating, you are what you eat..

If it’s not bad, start by eating pawpaw, the unripe one that looks like OKRA, it will drop the sugar level after eating for 3 days then you can start from there to heal.
Mko123:
Nothing really pains me much than the hereditary part of this disease. So you can just be welcomed to the world with this package.

Life in reality is really tasking
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2023
This is what I recommend for anyone suffering from diabetes. Test result first to prescribe the best dose.

psucc:
Please can you open up. So many are suffering from diabetes and will appreciate any solution to the menace
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2023
psucc:
Please can you open up. So many are suffering from diabetes and will appreciate any solution to the menace
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Here is the herb I recommend every time.

psucc:

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Uchek(m): 7:30am On Sep 24, 2023
FOUR TO FIVES DAILY? ISN'T THAT TOO MUCH? Do u have diabetes?

juman:
Please people don't get diabetes.
Yes, you can prevent it.
Be vigilant with what you eat and be active and be measuring your blood sugar regularly.

Whenever I saw bad sugar level reading, I do blood sugar testing four to five times daily to know what works for me.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Uchek(m): 7:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Do u have it?

Acidosis:

Diabetes is a complex disease, bros. Merely losing weight changes nothing.

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by sofnana(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2023
If you can transfer the patient to olupelu clinic in Ilorin you will be surprised after a few weeks, I can assure you of that.
HomoSapiien:

It’s over a week now and he’s in pain. embarassed

I’m not in the hospital as I’m in another state and I’ve not been comfortable with what I’m hearing about the whole thing.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by LordErrk: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2023
DominusPrime:

Hyperbaric oxygen treatment is quite expensive in these parts as not too many patients can afford it and is not a guarantee that it will cure a grade 4 DFU. Even before oxygen therapy re-vascularization of the affected limb should be offered to the patient first. And if you aren’t reading with half your brain you’d have seen that I never said amputations should be done outrightly but only after individualizing the patient and considering if that’s the next best thing.
Where I am it is offered to patients and they are referred but we have very few who even consider it cos of cost. You sound like you know someone who works in a centre where DMFS is managed…at least you didn’t just read off the internet.

😂 This guy. My point is Op should sha seek other expert opinions, and especially in a teaching hospital. I don't trust a lot of private practices in Nigeria. Most of them are just looking for any small way to do surgery and chop money, without even considering twice, how it's going to affect the patient

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2023
KIDfurniture:

How much a pack
2. How many pack will give the result
3. Is it for cure or just management
4. What's the content of each pack or bottle?
5. H ahh ahh any money back guarantee?

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by VeeInsider: 8:21am On Sep 24, 2023
We all desired his foot won't be cut off, the first hospital said it had to be cut off, another doctor said it can be treated.

We went with the option of treating the foot, the doctor started by reducing his sugar level and doing all that he could do, we had high hopes of his recovery until he went into diabetic coma, the doctor advised we use another hospital, we had to take him to another hospital and he died after 3 weeks.

This is my personal experience this June 2023, I lost someone so dear to me and we all desired the same thing your family is desiring right now.

Best will be to evaluate the extent of the damage, run the necessary tests and scan. DO IT ALL AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, avoid delayed tests and quack hospitals.

I wish the person a speedy recovery, whether amputated or treated. Happy Sunday

HomoSapiien:
There’s a brother of mine who’s been admitted to the hospital for about a week now. Man is pain.

He’s always been diabetic but the foot got worse this past week and he’s been admitted. Unable to eat and sleep. I’m really scared for him.

Doctor gave advice that the foot is amputated to prevent the spread to the entire leg, but his families are objecting to this saying that they’d prefer to treat him.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2023
1. How much per bottle?
2. How many tabs are in the bottle?
3. How many packs will make a dose?
4. How many will bring the desired results
5. Hshahahahashaa, any money back guarantee?

KIDfurniture:

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by StemCellTherapi(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2023
HomoSapiien:

Hmmm...some Doctors sef.

Quick question.

Is your Uncle's leg worse than this my patients leg?

(Viewers Discretion is advised).

If not, do not cut off that leg.

I won't repeat myself.

He can be treated.

There are Natural Medicine and Herbal Therapies that can heal the foot with time.

When some Doctors dont know how else to treat, they quickly suggest the easy way out for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Aladesanmi5: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2023
psucc:
treat the wound or leg or treat)cure the diabetes?

Interested in the cure. Let me know asap
Actually, i responded based on the picture i saw. If the diabetes has developed i to wound, dont amputate the leg because of that. Diabetes is curable. You can call me 07012001655 / 07039216449.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by DaCharis2016: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2023
KIDfurniture:
No cut anything .. herbs dey .. very good herbs will cure em

you know of very potent herbs for this?
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Exceed15: 10:18am On Sep 24, 2023
HomoSapiien:

It’s over a week now and he’s in pain. embarassed

I’m not in the hospital as I’m in another state and I’ve not been comfortable with what I’m hearing about the whole thing.

Calm down . He'll be fine. Just have faith.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by KIDfurniture(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Healing process for something that has been in the system of a human will take time. It’s not going to be rocket science at all. 60 capsules in each bottle….
3-3
Start with 5 bottles plus D3

psucc:
1. How much per bottle?
2. How many tabs are in the bottle?
3. How many packs will make a dose?
4. How many will bring the desired results
5. Hshahahahashaa, any money back guarantee?

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Dre183(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2023
To be honest,is going to be amputed.

This is exactly what happened to my grandfather 13years ago... Those doctors couldn't waste time, they just cut it off at igbobi.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by 1saed: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2023
I still wonder why people aren't simply telling the patient to keep drinking their urine all day all night for quick recovery

Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by upuphim(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Best to manage as healing is difficult from the effects of amputation. Many have not lived long after amputation from history. So I recommend Healthgarde products to manage it. You may reach me on oazimo@yahoo.com if interested.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by Originalsly: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
Read comment from Doctokwus only ... and I believe he said it all. To support what he said... from my observations.... I've seen people have their legs amputated to stop the spread.... first from the knee... then the entire legs. One of my customers recently died ... first met him .. healthy looking man ... walking ok... used to be hanging out infront of the building ... used to let me in ... then the amputations began... eventually had both legs completely amputated. Sad.
It's for him and his family to decide and live with their decision. The only advice you should give...if any ... is for them to check up on their diabetic status and avoid the foods that contribute to it. It will be a problem to many who have forsaken their traditional foods and taken to the sugar laden sodas and cereals and fruit juices that support diabetes.
Re: Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? by psucc(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
You've nit exhausted my questions.
KIDfurniture:
Healing process for something that has been in the system of a human will take time. It’s not going to be rocket science at all. 60 capsules in each bottle….
3-3
Start with 5 bottles plus D3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Pupils Die In Ogun After Taking Deworming Drugs / Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies In Madrid hospital / Tunde Onakoya's Pain In The Leg & The Surgery Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.