Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor (8296 Views)

Buhari Meets With Benue Governor-elect, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (photos) / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / Rev Fr Alia, APC Benue Governorship Candidate Rocks Asiwaju Cap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by AntiChristian: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
So APC get former reverend father?

No be Muslim Fulani evil party again?

Because he's a reverend father then democracy has won!

APC is forgiven in this case!
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by anonymous1759(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Gbam!

Benue voted massively for APC at both National and State level. LP failed in the state because they had no confidence in Peter Obi and to worsen it, Ortom was supporting Obi. Benue hated Ortom and Obi. Their both surnames started with "O". Ortom failed Benue completely and as such anything relating to Ortom was voted out.

Alia has not started well o! Complains are beginning to rise high and spread across the state. His choice of Chief of Staff is what will bury his administration before this tenure finishes. Alia has not started well o, he should change quickly o. Na so me i the start o. When i started with Ortom they thought i was making noise. Though i supported Alia fully till date but we must always say the truth.

All eyes should be on Alia.

Make we no come get another Ortom o.

When will benue get it right ? Leadership keeps failing them .
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by tachia406: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes Father
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:

Judgement is unanimous
please on this recurring issue of certain events been termed prelection matters even though criminal in nature, does it then mean that if a criminal act is perpetrated by an aspirant in pursuit of political goal but such criminal act was only discovered after the elections by an opponent,such criminal act wouldn't matter again?,how can such criminality be treated?,I ask this question because during the hearings,the officials of the high court in Abuja where of claimed to have gotten the affidavit came to prove that the affidavit was fake n never acquired from that court,now forgery is a serious crime by any standard,so should ode now go Scot free?,it appears that most of these tribunal ruling are based on behind the scene influence rather than clear legal provisions,the apparent success of political gangsterism is what is denying the country decent, competent and effective leadership at all levels, this political gangsterism is happening across the political divide, it's in the best interest of the country for this to be stop before we inadvertently enthrone n legalize gangtocracy or cultocracy.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by matm: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Rev fr Aliah. I tap into ur victory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DanAugust2021: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Gbam!

Benue voted massively for APC at both National and State level. LP failed in the state because they had no confidence in Peter Obi and to worsen it, Ortom was supporting Obi. Benue hated Ortom and Obi. Their both surnames started with "O". Ortom failed Benue completely and as such anything relating to Ortom was voted out.

Alia has not started well o! Complains are beginning to rise high and spread across the state. His choice of Chief of Staff is what will bury his administration before this tenure finishes. Alia has not started well o, he should change quickly o. Na so me i the start o. When i started with Ortom they thought i was making noise. Though i supported Alia fully till date but we must always say the truth.

All eyes should be on Alia.

Make we no come get another Ortom o.
l don't understand your " Alia has not started well o". Since he came on board, he hasn't owed worker's salaries and has promised to offset salary arrears Ortom left, he has awarded contracts, etc. Whoever is crying must be a very lazy party member that is no longer getting "awuf" money. It's no longer business as usual. He's told them that, he'll do his best for Benue state and doesn't care about a second term. They thought they'll threaten him with second term, but Yes Father no send them.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Obaofaba: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
please on this recurring issue of certain events been termed prelection matters even though criminal in nature, does it then mean that if a criminal act is perpetrated by an aspirant in pursuit of political goal but such criminal act was only discovered after the elections by an opponent,such criminal act wouldn't matter again?,how can such criminality be treated?,I ask this question because during the hearings,the officials of the high court in Abuja where of claimed to have gotten the affidavit came to prove that the affidavit was fake n never acquired from that court,now forgery is a serious crime by any standard,so should ode now go Scot free?,it appears that most of these tribunal ruling are based on behind the scene influence rather than clear legal provisions,the apparent success of political gangsterism is what is denying the country decent, competent and effective leadership at all levels, this political gangsterism is happening across the political divide, it's in the best interest of the country for this to be stop before we inadvertently enthrone n legalize gangtocracy or cultocracy.

You asked a very good question but like every other heedless mob, you already provided an answer that suit your emotions.

Nonsensical.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nats12:
Good one, in a sane society no one is supposed to contest his victory that's because his victory is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. But then, this is Nigeria, a theatre where anything is possible.

There's no questioning the popularity of Alia but should emotions be placed above the law?,to me it shouldn't be,the high court officials personally came to testify during the hearings that ode committed forgery,now this raise some pertinent questions, should the law be blind because of Alia's popularity?, should ode now go Scot free because the crime he committed occurred before elections? Should the idea of exempting all prelection matters from the electoral tribunals be extended to even clear criminal acts?I have no issue whatsoever with Alia the law should always be the law as situation changes.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by benuejosh: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
DanAugust2021:
l don't understand your " Alia has not started well o". Since he came on board, he hasn't owed worker's salaries and has promised to offset salary arrears Ortom left, he has awarded contracts, etc. Whoever is crying must be a very lazy party member that is no longer getting "awuf" money. It's no longer business as usual. He's told them that, he'll do his best for Benue state and doesn't care about a second term. They thought they'll threaten him with second term, but Yes Father no send them.
Na salaries be work? Salaries are the rights of the workers. And what do you mean by awuf? You're writing nonsense. What are his policy frame work? Where is the administration facing? Why the withdrawal of entitlements and allowances that were signed for the teachers in the country by the past federal government withdrawn from the teachers in Benue State alone and why are the teachers all demoted? They are lots of things going on underground and complains from those affected workers but you stack illiterates is talking of awuf. You must be insane not to understand what is happening in the state. And to make such unguided statements as it concerns the poorest of the poor in the state. Mention one thing he has done good. Salaries are the rights of the workers.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by fergie001: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
The forgery must fall within the precincts of Section 182(1)j.

The said Form EC9 if need be, is not a forged Certificate, hence, does not fall into this category.

Submitting false information to INEC, I believe falls within Section 29 of the Electoral Act and are pre-election & "intra-party ." The Supreme Court in SDP & Or v. INEC & 2 Ors in March this year unanimously placed this sort of subject matter within intra-party.

If there was anyone to challenge same it was INEC not the Petitioner.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Obaofaba:

You asked a very good question but like every other heedless mob, you already provided an answer that suit your emotions.

Nonsensical.
it's really a pity and shameful how some of you just resorts to insulting anyone who expresses a contrary political view, well thank you but I'm more related to Alia than you may assume.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DanAugust2021: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
anonymous1759:

When will benue get it right ? Leadership keeps failing them .
The Rev is on course. Forget all of the hangers-on complaining because, there's no more free money to chop. He took over in May, and has paid 4 months salaries to date, he has promised to offset the massive salary backlog Wicked Ortom left, and a lot more.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:

The forgery must fall within the precincts of Section 182(1)j.

The said Form EC9 if need be, is not a forged Certificate, hence, does not fall into this category.

Submitting false information to INEC, I believe falls within Section 29 of the Electoral Act and are pre-election & "intra-party ." The Supreme Court in SDP & Or v. INEC & 2 Ors in March this year unanimously placed this sort of subject matter within intra-party.

If there was anyone to challenge same it was INEC not the Petitioner.

Thanks,but my point is that,a crime is a crime, now should the idea of exempting all prelection matters from the electoral tribunals include even clear criminal acts?
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by famology(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Who's challenging the Rev father's victory in Benue State? It was a clean victory.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DanAugust2021: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
There's no questioning the popularity of Alia but should emotions be placed above the law?,to me it shouldn't be,the high court officials personally came to testify during the hearings that ode committed forgery,now this raise some pertinent questions, should the law be blind because of Alia's popularity?, should ode now go Scot free because the crime he committed occurred before elections? Should the idea of exempting all prelection matters from the electoral tribunals be extended to even clear criminal acts?I have no issue whatsoever with Alia the law should always be the law as situation changes.
That's the law. Whatever you have against a contestant, bring it to court before the general election. Election tribunals are not regular courts. If they feel Ode has committed forgery, they should approach the high court.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by fergie001: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
Thanks,but my point is that,a crime is a crime, now should the idea of exempting all prelection matters from the electoral tribunals include even clear criminal acts?
Jurisdiction is like the gate to a house. If you don't have access to it, you can't go in.

The Courts simply interpret what they see in the Electoral Act, if there must be amendments, it has to start with the legislators (they make the laws).
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
DanAugust2021:
That's the law. Whatever you have against a contestant, bring it to court before the general election. Election tribunals are not regular courts. If they feel Ode has committed forgery, they should approach the high court.
you know it's not always possible for some criminal acts to discovered immediately,now if our laws stand that anything that happens before elections is prelection matter n then some political office holders enjoys immunity, this means one can even kill in pursuit of political ambition provided it's not discovered before elections n he eventually wins then he is on the clear?
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by anonymous1759(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
DanAugust2021:
The Rev is on course. Forget all of the hangers-on complaining because, there's no more free money to chop. He took over in May, and has paid 4 months salaries to date, he has promised to offset the massive salary backlog Wicked Ortom left, and a lot more.

Time will vindicate him
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by garfield1: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:
Jurisdiction is like the gate to a house. If you don't have access to it, you can't go in.

The Courts simply interpret what they see in the Electoral Act, if there must be amendments, it has to start with the legislators (they make the laws).

Which state is next ?

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DanAugust2021: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Na salaries be work? Salaries are the rights of the workers. And what do you mean by awuf? You're writing nonsense. What are his policy frame work? Where is the administration facing? Why the withdrawal of entitlements and allowances that were signed for the teachers in the country by the past federal government withdrawn from the teachers in Benue State alone and why are the teachers all demoted? They are lots of things going on underground and complains from those affected workers but you stack illiterates is talking of awuf. You must be insane not to understand what is happening in the state. And to make such unguided statements as it concerns the poorest of the poor in the state. Mention one thing he has done good. Salaries are the rights of the workers.
It's obvious you don't know what's happening in Benue state. Why do you think the teacher's haven't gone on strike? I know you don't know why. It's because that issue has been rectified (you are not current with the happenings in Benue state), Imagine a retard like you calling someone you don't know a stark illiterate. No awuf money for you and your co-travellers, Shikena.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Deepthoughts: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
fergie001:

I appreciate your candidate explanation,I think the legislature would consider this during the next amendments as I'm sure there's going to be,the electronic transfer issues has really raised up the need for a rethink.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DanAugust2021: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
you know it's not always possible for some criminal acts to discovered immediately,now if our laws stand that anything that happens before elections is prelection matter n then some political office holders enjoys immunity, this means one can even kill in pursuit of political ambition provided it's not discovered before elections n he eventually wins then he is on the clear?
Unfortunately, that's what is happening in Nigeria. Our laws are filled with loop holes for the crafty to exploit.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by blesboi(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
I no wan talk abeg..
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by DesChyko: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
benuejosh:
Benue hated Ortom and Obi. Their both surnames started with "O".

I still advocate for age restrictions on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by jrusky(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Who still dey go tribunal for the governorship election in Benue? The Reverend father won Square and clear let Ortom and his boys go rest.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by fergie001: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Deepthoughts:
I appreciate your candidate explanation,I think the legislature would consider this during the next amendments as I'm sure there's going to be,the electronic transfer issues has really raised up the need for a rethink.
They won't consider anything, the status quo favours them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by fergie001: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
garfield1:

Which state is next ?
Unclear, heard Nasarawa is next week.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Bfly: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
The fact that every loser goes to tribunal after election isenough reason to review our electoral process. Something is really wrong.
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Ahigbo1: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
It wasn't even negotiable. Ride on Fr
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by Successlane: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ahaaa

Now democracy is under threat

Judiciary is no more the hope of common man

Tinubu has bought all judges
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by OTTIDOO(f): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Congratulations!!!!!!!
To our very own Governor
His Excellency Rev Dr Hyacinth Iormen Alia
Your victory is assured
YES FADAAAAAAAAA
💃💃💃
Re: Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor by MasterTeeUSA: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes DADDY

fergie001:

Judgement is unanimous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monopoly Gone Wrong - The Ibru Group! / Who Are The Best Governors In Nigeria? / Gov Okorocha Reacts To Charly Boy's Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.