Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,369 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] (3607 Views)

See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 / The Faces Of Notable Nigerians That Protested Against GEJ (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by paramakina202: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
But even more curious was that Obasanjo skipped Peter Odili for Goodluck Jonathan in 2007 primarily for 'being Ibo'.

Peter Odili is not of Ikwere origin.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Tranquill: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

Says a Yellowba man deep inside one bush in Ondo state

My mom is from obiokpor I literally grew up in Rivers State

All these their madness started after the war

Because they wanted to claim abandoned properties they even went as far as adding R- to every word like R to ụmụ Okoro to rumokoro after the war

You YellowBa propagandists are being bursted everyday the premier of eastern region was Micheal Okpara that shows this news paper was doctored by one jobless SW!ne in ogbomosho

You fake ass prop

Firstly, you could not even spell Obio Akpor so I assume you are in one okpa shop in Abakpa typing none sense.

Your miserable parents that told you about‘abandoned property’ forgot to tell you that they were brazen thieves who were stealing other peoples land and developing same with stolen government money. They were sharing government money as ‘loan’ never to be repaid, only to Igbo people through ACB. Go tell them to tell you the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

Yellowba people this Una lie na curse o no cap

You people are so shameless

Fake ass publication grin

Michael Okpara was the premier of eastern region not Zik so that rubbishes your lies!

You YellowBas are shameless liars and slanderous hateful people

Imagine how far this SW!ne went to even edit an old news paper that wasn't even published

Shame shame shame!

Useless tr!be of liars and propagandist

Tufiakwa
lol in 1956 Zik was the premier of the Eastern region. How does realising your mistake now make you feel grin mark my moniker bro. If I post something, I post facts only
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 24, 2023
Tranquill:

Just take your fable to your ipi.g newsfeed because that is where it would be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Ikwerre at no time in history ever identified as Igbo.

Ikwerre in 1958 before independence, was at Willinks commission along with other minority ethnic groups to demand that they did not want to remain in the same region with Igbo people. In 1965 two years before the war, Ikwerre people made what is today called 'the Rumuomasi declaration' where they also clearly stated that they are not Igbo. At the onset of the war, Ikwerre leaders were among the minority ethnic groups that sent a delegation to Ojukwu to make it clear that their desire for a separate region from Igbo people had not changed. Ikwerre has never being Igbo before, during and after the war. You can only continue fabricating stories but it is only only your igbo people that will buy as it it can not change anything.
any dated articles on these tales by moonlight of yours? Please post facts only on this thread not your thoughts
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

Odili is Ndoni they are igbos
udo
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
But even more curious was that Obasanjo skipped Peter Odili for Goodluck Jonathan in 2007 primarily for 'being Ibo'.

P!g odili is igbo! Na so you dey lie

Lie lie clown went and made fake ass publication that didn't even exist without checking for who was the premier of the Eastern region then.

You're cur$ed!

People will lie on you and deny you things that belongs to you! Your life will be miserable

You'll be alive to see Igbos prosper more!

No be curse na fact!

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

P!g odili is igbo! Na so you dey lie

Lie lie clown went and made fake ass publication that didn't even exist without checking for who was the premier of the Eastern region then.

You're cur$ed!

People will lie on you and deny you things that belongs to you! Your life will be miserable

You'll be alive to see Igbos prosper more!

No be curse na fact!
oh wait. I just realised you are igbo. Are you alright nwanne? Do you understand this thread at all?
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2023
Tranquill:

Firstly, you could not even spell Obio Akpor so I assume you are in one okpa shop in Abakpa typing none sense.

Your miserable parents that told you about‘abandoned property’ forgot to tell you that they were brazen thieves who were stealing other peoples land and developing same with stolen government money. They were sharing government money as ‘loan’ never to be repaid, only to Igbo people through ACB. Go tell them to tell you the truth.

Another lie ! From the pit of hell
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
oh wait. I just realised you are igbo. Are you alright nwanne? Do you understand this thread at all?

I never said I wasn't Igbo my mom is from rivers I literally spent alot of my years there .
And I was privileged to be told what happened first hand from my grandparents
Stop your propaganda lies making up publications that never existed

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

Another lie ! From the pit of hell
damn bro you are embarrassing me on this thread. You couldn't even pause for 2 minutes to read the thread before you started typing thrash all over it thinking I'm some how against Igbo. Damn. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
You and I were basically saying the same thing. Ikwerre started denying being igbo after the war
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

I never said I wasn't Igbo my mom is from rivers I literally spent alot of my years there .
And I was privileged to be told what happened first hand from my grandparents
Stop your propaganda lies making up publications that never existed

SMH. Still making same mistake
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by deekseen(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2023
BrodaBenad:

I guess you're more ikwere than Amaechi right?

I was actually waiting for someone to bring this up.

If Amaechi claims to be Igbo, what about his community? Does it now make his hometown Igbo? Does it also make everyone from his place Igbo?

Is Amaechi now the mouthpiece of his people on this issue? Because he made that claim, will his people automatically become Igbos?

Just to let you know, that claim by Amaechi was politically motivated. I don't want to go too far, let me update you with an event that happened just last year.

When he appeared before the Fulanis to appeal to them about his presidential ambition, he said it clearly that he's not Igbo.

Hear him yourself: https://twitter.com/OneJoblessBoy/status/1529763447809970176?t=50vqzesCpNnNQhcuUGQe5w&s=19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2023
deekseen:

I was actually waiting for someone to bring this up.

If Amaechi claims to be Igbo, what about his community? Does it now make his hometown Igbo? Does it also make everyone from his place Igbo?

Is Amaechi now the mouthpiece of his people on this issue? Because he made that claim, will his people automatically become Igbos?

Just to let you know, that claim by Amaechi was politically motivated. I don't want to go too far, let me update you with an event that happened just last year.

When he appeared before the Fulanis to appeal to them about his presidential ambition, he said it clearly that he's not Igbo.

Hear him yourself: https://twitter.com/OneJoblessBoy/status/1529763447809970176?t=50vqzesCpNnNQhcuUGQe5w&s=19
the point of this thread is to establish when your igbo denial started and it has been established
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by paramakina202: 8:22am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I won’t swallow this pill cheesy

How many bombs did FG drop on Ikwerre during the war?

Anyways, Ikwerres are Igbos (mostly), agreed

The wahala is when you equate being Igbos to being part of Biafra

That’s where the vawulence always begins

Biafra is the major cause for Igbo denial, most of those SS Igbo deny their Igbo identity to avoid being included in another ill-fated Biafra war adventure but most Igbos pretend not to know this.Ikwerre man is cool with Igboman until you bring the issue of Biafra.
If Ngwa clan for example is carved into Rivers state or Akwa Ibom state in a boundary adjustment in the next few years they will deny their Igbo origin for same reasons.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by deekseen(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
the point of this thread is to establish when your igbo denial started and it has been established
No. The point of this thread is to promote and enforce this propaganda.

Find out from your forefathers who were already mature men with family before the time in question and you'll know the truth.

The painful thing about this propaganda is that it's being peddled by a tiny and irrelevant group of Igbos. Not even up to 0.01%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2023
deekseen:

No. The point of this thread is to promote and enforce this propaganda.

Find out from your forefathers who were already mature men with family before the time in question and you'll know the truth.

The painful thing about this propaganda is that it's being peddled by a tiny and irrelevant group of Igbos. Not even up to 0.01%.
ok but show facts. I don't like stories.
Show me publications from before the war that unambiguously showed Ikwere as a distinct ethnic group
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2023
paramakina202:

Biafra is the major cause for Igbo denial, most of those SS Igbo deny their Igbo identity to avoid being included in another ill-fated Biafra war adventure but most Igbos pretend not to know this.Ikwerre man is cool with Igboman until you bring the issue of Biafra.
If Ngwa clan for example is carved into Rivers state or Akwa Ibom state in a boundary adjustment in the next few years they will deny their Igbo origin for same reasons.
how come Asaba people that have never ever been included in eastern region not deny their Igboness?
Everybody cannot be Ikwere. Even in the same Rivers state, Other igbos don't deny their Igboness

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by deekseen(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
ok but show facts. I don't like stories.
Show me publications from before the war that unambiguously showed Ikwere as a distinct ethnic group
I've told you already. Go ask your forefathers who were already mature men with family before the time in question to get the truth.

You people want to twist history so that 100 years from now when someone reads your propaganda they will accept it as the truth.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by MrAgbako: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
90% of PH in 1956 was Ikwere! That's my point. In 1956 they saw themselves as 'Ibos' and resisted being drafted in a Rivers state
shinedu una wahala too much. If I said I'm a yellow man. Then I'm a yellow man. If ikwerre people said they not Ibos then they not Ibos. These people keep saying same thing since and y'all keep forcing yourselves down their throat. . .
Wahala for ikwerre man o. 😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2023
deekseen:

I've told you already. Go ask your forefathers who were already mature men with family before the time in question to get the truth.

You people want to twist history so that 100 years from now when someone reads your propaganda they will accept it as the truth.
you have not presented any 'facts' to counter my 'propaganda ' so my propaganda stands till further notice
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2023
MrAgbako:
shinedu una wahala too much. If I said I'm a yellow man. Then I'm a yellow man. If ikwerre people said they not Ibos then they not Ibos. These people keep saying same thing since and y'all keep forcing yourselves down their throat. . .
Wahala for ikwerre man o. 😂😂😂
it is also surprising that when igbos said they were Biafra, your leaders forced Nigeria down our throat.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by paramakina202: 8:58am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
how come Asaba people that have never ever been included in eastern region not deny their Igboness?
Everybody cannot be Ikwere. Even in the same Rivers state, Other igbos don't deny their Igboness

Most of Asaba people are proud Igbos and not Igbophobic unlike Ikwerre folks yet there are still some that deny their Igbo identity.
As I said what triggers Igbo denial is Biafra nobody want to pass through all that again.
Culturally and politically people of SE and SS have no issue but once the issue of Biafra comes up they will cut ties with Igbo.
That is same thing that made Wike deny Igbo in national television.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Gentlelox: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

One thing is certain, Igbos have always been successful and prosperous migrants to date
so which tribe is unsuccessful?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by NATIONALPASTOR: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
90% Igbo inhabitants, yes; but does that make it an Igbo town? If Okota is 80% inhabited by Igbos does that make Okota and Igbo town or an annexation?

Their grouse here according to what I read is that the they ‘deserved to be consulted’ on the state creation but you have chosen to twist the story to promote your narrative

The IBO's mentioned there are the Ikwere ibos.

You Yoruba's are always angry to see Igbo's reunited with their brothers in other states.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by honour7: 10:18am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
This clearly shows Ikwere was Igbo before the war.

The man was saying that Ibos of the Eastern region are not opposed if PH was included in a proposed Rivers state. That the people against the inclusion was the PH branch of Ibos. And that they have the right to be against it because they constitute 90% of the town. Incase you don't know the 'Ibo' that constitutes 90% of PH, that's Ikwere! The other 10% are ijaw and ogonis

So clearly, Ikwere protested to Zik that they don't want to be included in a Rivers state. The headline on the newspaper simply means that since PH township comprised of Ibo, Ijaw and Ogoni areas, that it can't be called an 'Ibo' town even though they constitute 90%, but a town belonging to all Rivers people.

Ikwuere from history is an Anex of Benin town, so is some part of onitcha and itsekiri kingdom and Lagos island if they claim they are not igbos, from ancestory they are right. It was the Benin people that caused this controversy by not allowing conquered territory to speak their language. Believing only pure breed Bini's should speak the language. This is we're this controversies arise from.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by steeltrust: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2023
Imagine an ijaw man in ondo will say he’s not same as the one in the bayelsa 😂🤣

Make ona de let politicians de deceive ona

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by OPICANTO2223: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2023
Ibo should not worry at all. Very soon the relevancy of crude oil will reduce. Many developed countries has proposed at worst year 2040 to stop using diesel and petrol cars. Electric cars will take over

Can you imagine?. Then gas will be more important. Remember SE has the highest gas deposit ik Nigeria. The future will be sweet anyway

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by AwkaFinest: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I won’t swallow this pill cheesy

How many bombs did FG drop on Ikwerre during the war?

Anyways, Ikwerres are Igbos (mostly), agreed

The wahala is when you equate being Igbos to being part of Biafra

That’s where the vawulence always begins

Your ignorance is stinking.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Obi2saveNigeria: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2023
I hope you're aware that D.K Onwenu was Onyeka Onwenu's father? The popular legendary female musician? She was his last born and once stated that they lost their properties in P.H after the war.

I don't really blame Nigerians for putting a wedge between us and Ikwerre people, such things happen after a war. However, I pity the Ikwerre people that encouraged it and even promoted it till date. They will pay back someday, even if it's next 50 years!

Razgas:
This clearly shows Ikwere was Igbo before the war.

The man was saying that Ibos of the Eastern region are not opposed if PH was included in a proposed Rivers state. That the people against the inclusion was the PH branch of Ibos. And that they have the right to be against it because they constitute 90% of the town. Incase you don't know the 'Ibo' that constitutes 90% of PH, that's Ikwere! The other 10% are ijaw and ogonis

So clearly, Ikwere protested to Zik that they don't want to be included in a Rivers state. The headline on the newspaper simply means that since PH township comprised of Ibo, Ijaw and Ogoni areas, that it can't be called an 'Ibo' town even though they constitute 90%, but a town belonging to all Rivers people.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Obi2saveNigeria: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2023
The future is very clear. With our human resources and gas, we will always be good. Then we will channel our maritime activities towards Akwa-Cross to Abia-Imo.

Then we will see what their bragging rights will be about. I see ijaws claiming half of p.h in the coming years. They're already doing so gradually.

OPICANTO2223:
Ibo should not worry at all. Very soon the relevancy of crude oil will reduce. Many developed countries has proposed at worst year 2040 to stop using diesel and petrol cars. Electric cars will take over

Can you imagine?. Then gas will be more important. Remember SE has the highest gas deposit ik Nigeria. The future will be sweet anyway
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by deekseen(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
you have not presented any 'facts' to counter my 'propaganda ' so my propaganda stands till further notice

Dey play with yourself.

https://www.edoworld.net/History_Of_Ikwerre_People_In_Nigeria.html#:~:text=Chief%20Solomon%20therefore%20establishes%20a,of%20Ihru%20%E1%BB%8Dha%20(Ikwerre).

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Ricci22: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
The fact South South region has some type of Igbo heritage does not make them 100% Igbo.

But then fast forward to present day.....what do you expect after a horrible experience of civil war caused by political miscalculation of Ojukwu, who have known and done better by avoiding that route.
The Truth Remains no South South man is comfortable being in Nigeria under this system of government but yet Biafra is never the solution to solving Niger Delta problem Rather (100% Federalism).
Allow the people of Niger Delta control their God giving Natural Resources.
This is not Nigerian crude oil....Its called Niger Delta crude oil.
Niger Delta is coming.....NLNG alone can feed the entire Niger Delta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iran Begins Moving Missiles To Strike Israel & Egyptian Army Is Prepar / We Have Enough Membership Cards For All, Abia APGA Tells Defecting PDP Members / I Caught A Glimpse Of Gej's Transformation Agenda (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.