Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,376 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] (3611 Views)

See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 / The Faces Of Notable Nigerians That Protested Against GEJ (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 24, 2023
EmptyGarden:
To the igbos, keep destroying your own cities and make them as uninhabitable as possible…. Then feel free to claim other cities (Like Lagos and Port Harcourt) afterwards.
lol. Don't hype yourself. Both Lagos, port Harcourt and all the other cities in Nigeria are the same shìthole. Nobody is claiming anything. We are just clearly stating here that Ikwere was igbo as at 1956.
Please restrict your comments to facts only 🙏

5 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ogwachi-ukwu in your map lol grin . All the way to delta state.

Na my friend home town bedat you aint carving that out of Nigeria ma'am.
it is also my Bishop's hometown and he supports Biafra. Who should we believe now?
That's the map of Igboland not the map of Biafra

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:

Does the Igboman have bad reputation in Nigeria, yes! But that is because of Igbo' ignorance. The Igbo has not been aggressive (never been violent) nor retrogressive (not backward).
Ikwere knows they are igbo is a good revelation from you, and that's what this thread wants to expose
Fixed! @ bolded.
The Igbo man blames everyone except themselves, that is why the Kalabari, Ikwere, delta Igbos might not want to be part of.

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Fixed! @ bolded.
The Igbo man blames everyone except themselves, that is what the Kalabari, Ikwere, delta Igbos might not want to be part of.
what exactly does the igbo do. Nigeria love violent, backward fulani over peaceful and progressive igbo.
Also please 🙏 remove Kalabari here. Nobody send them message

3 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
it is also my Bishop's hometown and he supports Biafra. Who should we believe now?
That's the map of Igboland not the map of Biafra
Everyone cannot be against na, mostly when you're a bishop to many Igbos. It depends on who you're exposed to. Many delta igbo don't want to be included and some are left with indecision because of their Igbo root.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
what exactly does the igbo do. Nigeria love violent, backward fulani over peaceful and progressive igbo.
Also please 🙏 remove Kalabari here. Nobody send them message
Igbo are arrogant in nature and prideful.
Yoruba are deplomatic and prideful.

Yorubas are progressive, infact i see my Ijebu tribe as the most successful in Nigeria.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
At the bolded. Which territories do we lay claim to just because we migrated there?
I attached the map of Igboland. It occupies 102 Local Government Areas, both in Rivers, Delta and Edo(Igbanke)
It is not that big anyway, just 5% of Nigeria's landmass. Should be easy for Nigeria to forfeit

Is it the same as MNK’s map? Personally I would join Biafra if minorities won’t be DOMINATED although my home isn’t covered in your map

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:04am On Sep 24, 2023
CJStarz:
In English readers,we were taught COMPREHENSION. That is, reading WITH UNDERSTANDING.I believe say na zero over ten u bn dey score in that particular area.

The only way I will see through your eyes is if I read the post tabula rasa but I’ve been infected by vile propaganda

Say what you may, you’re entitled to your opinion
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Is it the same as MNK’s map? Personally I would join Biafra if minorities won’t be DOMINATED although my home isn’t covered in your map
It's not the same as MNK map and that's where we defer. I don't support his maps and we are voicing it out on every platform to get his attention.
Domination is relative. Giving all appointments to your tribe is one form of domination. Using state power to support militants in your ethnic group who are grazing cattle on people's farms is another one. I know the one igbos can do and can't do
Do you get my meaning?

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Igbo are arrogant in nature and prideful.
Yoruba are deplomatic and prideful.

Yorubas are progressive, infact i see my Ijebu tribe as the most successful in Nigeria.
being arrogant and prideful is not a crime. Why should you kill 3 million people because they are arrogant and prideful? Why should you vote against a candidate simply because his tribe is arrogant and prideful? Why should you make state policies to weaken citizens of your country because you think they are arrogant and prideful?
That's bunkum

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Everyone cannot be against na, mostly when you're a bishop to many Igbos. It depends on who you're exposed to. Many delta igbo don't want to be included and some are left with indecision because of their Igbo root.
that's where referendum comes in.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
It's not the same as MNK map and that's where we defer. I don't support his maps and we are voicing it out on every platform to get his attention.
Domination is relative. Giving all appointments to your tribe is one form of domination. Using state power to support militants in your ethnic group who are grazing cattle on people's farms is another one. I know the one igbos can do and can't do
Do you get my meaning?

I do but i foresee a French-styled domination of minorities in MNK’s Biafra if it were to happen.

The last administration took Nigeria backwards by decades (unity-wise).

Biafra is still a big possibility given the type of politics in play at the National level, I just don’t want another war

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
there are more British people in Diaspora than in Britain. It is estimated that about 150 million British people live in Diaspora.
Igbos can be all over the place and Igboland can still be independent.
However this thread is not about Biafra but Igbo and Ikwerre relationship

Leave France, China, Britain and America out , they’re the only nations with territories outside their shores (I think)
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by EmptyGarden(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
lol. Don't hype yourself. Both Lagos, port Harcourt and all the other cities in Nigeria are the same shìthole. Nobody is claiming anything. We are just clearly stating here that Ikwere was igbo as at 1956.
Please restrict your comments to facts only 🙏
Ikwerre was Igbo indeed… this is really getting old. And a 1956 publication is your “fact”? Wake up from this reverie and go back to claiming Igbos are Jews, that cheers me up every time.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Leave France, China, Britain and America out , they’re the only nations with territories outside their shores (I think)
that's not even what I mean. I mean Britain has migrants in many countries.
Also Biafra would not be the first country to be surrounded completely by another country nor will it be the first country with more of its people living in foreign countries.

Give me Biafra any day any time. If you spend a week in Rwanda you'd know why the average igboman will always choose Biafra over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Jennieee4(f): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2023
You see
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 6:23am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
being arrogant and prideful is not a crime. Why should you kill 3 million people because they are arrogant and prideful? Why should you vote against a candidate simply because his tribe is arrogant and prideful? Why should you make state policies to weaken citizens of your country because you think they are arrogant and prideful?
That's bunkum
I didn't kill three million people. At the same time the military coup was so much audacity from the igbo group that lead to the war. It was called war and not genocide 4 some reason.
No one deserve to die that way, may the gentle souls lost during the civil war rest in peace.
The attempt of Ojukwu to attempt Lagos which is home to large number of Ijebus was so daring because you need to conquer Ogun state another home of Ijebu people where Awolowo is from. As an Ijebu guy i see our ancestors did well.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 24, 2023
EmptyGarden:

Ikwerre was Igbo indeed… this is really getting old. And a 1956 publication is your “fact”? Wake up from this reverie and go back to claiming Igbos are Jews, that cheers me up every time.
bring your own 'facts' to counter my 'facts'
Facts only 🙏 no time for your airs of superiority that is obviously faulty. Cheers
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 6:25am On Sep 24, 2023
EmptyGarden:

Igbos are not Jew but might have came from ancient Hebrew.
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

I didn't kill three million people. At the same time the military coup was so much audacity from the igbo group that lead to the war. It was called war and not genocide 4 some reason.
No one deserve to die that way, may the gentle souls lost during the civil war rest in peace.
The attempt of Ojukwu to attempt Lagos which is home to large number of Ijebus was so daring because you need to conquer Ogun state another home of Ijebu people where Awolowo is from. As an Ijebu guy i see our ancestors did well.
your ancestors did not do well. 'Igbos' did not plan any coup. Just a group of soldiers who are motivated by their own ambition.
My dad was a teacher in onitsha at the time and was not part of any coup. Starving citizens of your country and accusing them of planning a coup that they know nothing about can only happen in a wicked country like Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

I do but i foresee a French-styled domination of minorities in MNK’s Biafra if it were to happen.

The last administration took Nigeria backwards by decades (unity-wise).

Biafra is still a big possibility given the type of politics in play at the National level, I just don’t want another war
we are asking for referendum.
MNK and any potential Biafran leader already knows the importance of unity and integration. Believe me, no country that emerges from Nigeria will want to repeat the mistakes of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:30am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
that's not even what I mean. I mean Britain has migrants in many countries.
Also Biafra would not be the first country to be surrounded completely by another country nor will it be the first country with more of its people living in foreign countries.

Give me Biafra any day any time. If you spend a week in Rwanda you'd know why the average igboman will always choose Biafra over Nigeria

I understood, I was only siting a rare possibility. The experience would be different because Biafra would face all sorts of intimidation from Nigerians (the possibilities are scary).

Being land-locked isn’t really a problem if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
we are asking for referendum.
MNK and any potential Biafran leader already knows the importance of unity and integration. Believe me, no country that emerges from Nigeria will want to repeat the mistakes of Nigeria

🤞
Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by EmptyGarden(m): 6:39am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Igbos are not Jew but might have came from ancient Hebrew.
Oh, now it’s ancient Hebrew? We’re getting somewhere then grin

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by tollyboy5(m): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
your ancestors did not do well. 'Igbos' did not plan any coup. Just a group of soldiers who are motivated by their own ambition.
My dad was a teacher in onitsha at the time and was not part of any coup. Starving citizens of your country and accusing them of planning a coup that they know nothing about can only happen in a wicked country like Nigeria
Look these are lame excuses no one will take that from you.
I make a comment on a thread recently that Nigeria leaders are reflection of the masses.
The Igbo leaders where fully aware of the coup, the benefactor of the coup if went 100% successful as it was planned would be be Igbos, so there is no excuse. Whatever later happened should be blamed on Igbo leaders, Igbo leaders are just a reflection of the Igbo people that is why Ojukwu led Biafra still made the mistake of wanting to head to Lagos lol.
Same reason why Lagosians will be having issues or argument with Igbos over governorship election in Lagos.

Today Nigeria Igbos don't blame themselves for anything they're rather blame other and form victim status. That is the identity many sub group of Igbo extraction are avoiding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2023
tollyboy5:

Look these are lame excuses no one will take that from you.
I make a comment on a thread recently that Nigeria leaders are reflection of the masses.
The Igbo leaders where fully aware of the coup, the benefactor of the coup if went 100% successful as it was planned would be be Igbos, so there is no excuse. Whatever later happened should be blamed on Igbo leaders, Igbo leaders are just a reflection of the Igbo people that is why Ojukwu led Biafra still made the mistake of wanting to head to Lagos lol.
Same reason why Lagosians will be having issues or argument with Igbos over governorship election in Lagos.

Today Nigeria Igbos don't blame themselves for anything they're rather blame other and form victim status. That is the identity many sub group of Igbo extraction are avoiding.
So how come the coups by Col Dimka and Maj Okar were not blamed on middle belt people?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by deekseen(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2023
Why is it only the Igbos that make the claim that Ikwerres are Igbo?

Every Ikwerre man knows he's Ikwerre, and they say Ikwerre bu otu, not Ikwerre bu Igbo. Not even Ikwerre na Igbo bu otu.

So you guys should keep wasting your time. Nothing is going to change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by mrvitalis(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
It is also curious that people who dress like this as their traditional attire are not igbos.

P.s. there is 'no igbo person' in these photos.
Odili is Ndoni they are igbos

4 Likes

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
This clearly shows Ikwere was Igbo before the war.

The man was saying that Ibos of the Eastern region are not opposed if PH was included in a proposed Rivers state. That the people against the inclusion was the PH branch of Ibos. And that they have the right to be against it because they constitute 90% of the town. Incase you don't know the 'Ibo' that constitutes 90% of PH, that's Ikwere! The other 10% are ijaw and ogonis

So clearly, Ikwere protested to Zik that they don't want to be included in a Rivers state. The headline on the newspaper simply means that since PH township comprised of Ibo, Ijaw and Ogoni areas, that it can't be called an 'Ibo' town even though they constitute 90%, but a town belonging to all Rivers people.
Yellowba people this Una lie na curse o no cap

You people are so shameless

Fake ass publication grin

Michael Okpara was the premier of eastern region not Zik so that rubbishes your lies!

You YellowBas are shameless liars and slanderous hateful people

Imagine how far this SW!ne went to even edit an old news paper that wasn't even published

Shame shame shame!

Useless tr!be of liars and propagandist

Tufiakwa

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by Tranquill: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
This clearly shows Ikwere was Igbo before the war.

The man was saying that Ibos of the Eastern region are not opposed if PH was included in a proposed Rivers state. That the people against the inclusion was the PH branch of Ibos. And that they have the right to be against it because they constitute 90% of the town. Incase you don't know the 'Ibo' that constitutes 90% of PH, that's Ikwere! The other 10% are ijaw and ogonis

So clearly, Ikwere protested to Zik that they don't want to be included in a Rivers state. The headline on the newspaper simply means that since PH township comprised of Ibo, Ijaw and Ogoni areas, that it can't be called an 'Ibo' town even though they constitute 90%, but a town belonging to all Rivers people.

Just take your fable to your ipi.g newsfeed because that is where it would be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Ikwerre at no time in history ever identified as Igbo.

Ikwerre in 1958 before independence, was at Willinks commission along with other minority ethnic groups to demand that they did not want to remain in the same region with Igbo people. In 1965 two years before the war, Ikwerre people made what is today called 'the Rumuomasi declaration' where they also clearly stated that they are not Igbo. At the onset of the war, Ikwerre leaders were among the minority ethnic groups that sent a delegation to Ojukwu to make it clear that their desire for a separate region from Igbo people had not changed. Ikwerre has never being Igbo before, during and after the war. You can only continue fabricating stories but it is only only your igbo people that will buy as it it can not change anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 7:37am On Sep 24, 2023
deekseen:
Why is it only the Igbos that make the claim that Ikwerres are Igbo?

Every Ikwerre man knows he's Ikwerre, and they say Ikwerre bu otu, not Ikwerre bu Igbo. Not even Ikwerre na Igbo bu otu.

So you guys should keep wasting your time. Nothing is going to change.

I guess you're more ikwere than Amaechi right?

1 Like

Re: Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] by BrodaBenad: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2023
Tranquill:

Just take your fable to your ipi.g newsfeed because that is where it would be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Ikwerre at no time in history ever identified as Igbo.

Ikwerre in 1958 before independence, was at Willinks commission along with other minority ethnic groups to demand that they did not want to remain in the same region with Igbo people. In 1965 two years before the war, Ikwerre people made what is today called 'the Rumuomasi declaration' where they also clearly stated that they are not Igbo. At the onset of the war, Ikwerre leaders were among the minority ethnic groups that sent a delegation to Ojukwu to make it clear that their desire for a separate region from Igbo people had not changed. Ikwerre has never being Igbo before, during and after the war. You can only continue fabricating stories but it is only only your igbo people that will buy as it it can not change anything.

Says a Yellowba man deep inside one bush in Ondo state

My mom is from obiokpor I literally grew up in Rivers State

All these their madness started after the war

Because they wanted to claim abandoned properties they even went as far as adding R- to every word like R to ụmụ Okoro to rumokoro after the war

You YellowBa propagandists are being bursted everyday the premier of eastern region was Micheal Okpara that shows this news paper was doctored by one jobless SW!ne in ogbomosho

You fake ass prop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suggest brilliant ideas/program that will improve Nigeria economic situation / As A Citizen Of Nigeria, What Have You Benefit From GEJ Adminstration. / UN Honours 1, 500 Nigerian Soldiers In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.