Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers (35562 Views)

Which Country Do You Fear Marrying From? / Why Do Men Fear To Date Financial Stable Women? / Why Adoption Is Better Than Marrying Single Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Tosinville(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

They can fear all they like, but single moms are human beings, too.

The fact that they have a child does (or should) not make them less so.

If she's the right one for you, having a child shouldn't make you pick the wrong one and end up in a mess.

I met a single mom who was the right woman for me many years ago and, well, she ain't a single Mom anymore.

I made sure of that!
grin
Well maybe you are not really good looking, so you don’t really have much choice

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by diggindeep: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
stay one place oga grin
We run around when playing football

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by omega25red(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
enemyofprogress:
you know whether na her winch kill the husband? My hand no dey for single mother o
This is a joke right?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by seunlayi(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
In my view and experience dealing with them, many single mum are actually wonderful women, filled with real life experience unlike those single ladies still practicing zeeworld. Although, those that has refused to learn from their past experience are more. As a matter of fact, I know about many that have remarried and are doing their best to keep their new home running well.... Anytime something is about to go wrong, they are very conscious and not ready to go back to separation.
I see nothing wrong in marring a single mum if you can careful study her past, I mean you should not believe her story until you investigate what actually happened to her.

Best of luck to all signed mum that are still searching

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by sylve11: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
chaloskyx:
single mothers only need men for companionship not love tje only love they have is for their child so when you are marrying for love they marry you for survival and wont hesitate to leve you gor another man who can secure her finances better in a nutshell single mothers are users.

Hmmmm cool
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by sylve11: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2023
LordAdam16:

Single mothers are the norm in riverine terrains.

Their attitude has nothing to do with motherhood. Those are your average promiscuous women who have had way too many abortions until they allow one get to term. The birth of the child does not slow them down or give them an epiphany. If they had standards before, now they're even lower.

Babe wen u need 500 for 2.5GB data to nack before go accept foodstuff wen remain for house.

Those people are on a different planet. There is no big future or dreams to aspire to. At 11 they realize there's nothing out there for them. There is no escape, especially for those, actually most of them, who are not book smart. So they just start f*cking, raising kids, fishing and doing whatever menial tasks to survive.

Their way of life is very different from what most city folks are accustomed to. And I'm not trying to be elitist.

-Lord

You tell no lies! cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Styluss: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
They have a child or two already, they have a lower value in the love market. They pretend to love you till you get hooked. They dont get annoyed to what a regular chick will get mad at you for.
sylve11:

Mind talking more about the bolded? cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by enemyofprogress: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
omega25red:
This is a joke right?
it's not in the jokes section
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Brandiebird: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Most men don't want single mothers, PERIOD!!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

I don't care how she became a single mother, that's IRRELEVANT!!! undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...

Are you single with no children?
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by fckmn24seg(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bohmbohm is not involved
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Myer(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:
It's the way the society demeans a man's choice that irritates me, yikes!!! undecided...

OP...
The reason why most men don't want to marry a single mother is not because of any St.upid "fear", it's because of CHOICE!!!! undecided...

Y'all need to start accepting men's choice(s) in women and stop trying to demean men for having and exercising it undecided...

Personally, single mothers are a no go area for me, and my son's relationship wise undecided...

But as long as there's a well cultured 18 - 24year old virgin out there, I'd rather be castrated than marry a single mother AND THAT'S MY CHOICE!! undecided...

Well said. It's a matter of choice.
Some have married single mothers and have a very blessed marriage. 2baba's former baby mama is happily married to a pastor.
But most times, the single mother has not healed from whatever she was dealing with.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by jaxxy(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
it's extra and unnecessary baggage unless there is a genuine reason behind it.

1st question is why didn't she marry her baby daddy? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by ufotunang: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
The reason is when you marry her you will also have to take care of the child or children she got from another man out of wedlock...you have to bear the responsibilities of doing that.... and you have not yet gotten your own child yet at that time of marrying her

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by buJu234: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2023
No family wants their son to bring a woman with another man's kids into their family.. (especially African society)

That's why if u re lady, and u want to sleep around do that with protection, also if your daughter comes home with pregnancy.. remove it ASAP , because u re saving her future by sacrificing today..

Lastly, to all single ladies, the society loves you but none wants you in their son's life..

So jst move on with your life.. if you find love good.. if not move on..

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
Tosinville:
Well maybe you are not really good looking, so you don’t really have much choice

You think it's about looks?

Go and ask Freeze about his ex.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by FireUpNow(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
sylve11:

Mind sharing your experiences? cool
Writing everything here will take a lot instead I will cut the story. Met this lady she told me she has never been married so we got serious to the point of making marriage arrangements until I met someone I know that also know this lady, the lady wasn't comfortable anymore knowing that I know that particular guy, it was the guy who later told me everything about the lady that she was married to man for 8 years and she left the marriage, oh boy I fear women and I decided to end it all with her. Too many dirty secrets and lies

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by sylve11: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
FireUpNow:

Write everything here will a lot instead I will cut the story. Met this lady she told me she has never been married so we got serious to the point of making marriage arrangements until I met someone I know that also know this lady, the lady wasn't comfortable anymore knowing that I know that particular guy, it was the guy who later told me everything about the lady that she was married to man for 8 years and she left the marriage, oh boy I fear women and I decided to end it all with her. Too many dirty secrets and lies

Oh! Okay bro. Thanks for sharing. cool
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by highchief1: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
It's not worth the stress and emotional blackmailing that will follow..

And besides, football match no dey start from 1:0 down.
lol but tennis them Dey give person ahead na.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by FarmTech(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:

Sighs undecided...
Same old, same old, shaming tactics undecided...
Aren't you guys tired already?! undecided...

I mean...
It's the same old script undecided...
A man states his standards...
Females and sim.ps get offended...
And rather than attack his point, they resort to emotional blackmail and insults undecided...

Maybe you should try another method undecided...
At least one that's COHERENT enough (if you know what that means) undecided...
Cause this one is getting old already undecided...

Please quote me when you have something that's atleast average and mentally exciting undecided...
Hmm. I fell for this kind tactics many many times while growing up. Once they throw it at me I just keep quiet out of shyness.
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Tosinville(m): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
ufotunang:
The reason is when you marry her you will also have to take care of the child or children she got from another man out of wedlock...you have to bear the responsibilities of doing that.... and you have not yet gotten your own child yet at that time of marrying her
wahala

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by streetsoldier1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:

OP...

How i wish i worked with this mindset... I was forming woke and "it doesnt mean attitude" .. my eyes see shege, not advisable at all

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by FarmTech(m): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
buJu234:
No family wants their son to bring a woman with another man's kids into their family.. (especially African society)

That's why if u re lady, and u want to sleep around do that with protection, also if your daughter comes home with pregnancy.. remove it ASAP , because u re saving her future by sacrificing today..

Lastly, to all single ladies, the society loves you but none wants you in their son's life..

So jst move on with your life.. if you find love good.. if not move on..
And that's how u support abortion?
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by ojonugba2014(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Sometime I use to ask myself " na pussy scares or what on Earth is the reason why a reasonable guy wl go for single mother "

I rather remain single than to marry a single a single mother. Why a reasonable guy go open his eyes and see fire yet decided to play with fire.

Over my dead body. There are thousands of fresh pussy out there ooooo

8 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Hassanmaye(m): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Azeemokoya:
In Nigeria, as in many parts of the world, the dynamics of relationships and family structures have evolved significantly over the years. One of the most noticeable changes is the increasing number of single mothers in society.

While this trend is indicative of the strength of women who navigate the challenges of single parenthood, it has also sparked discussions about why some men may hesitate or even fear marrying single mothers.

Take for instance, Chidi, a young professional in Lagos, confessed that he once hesitated to date a single mother because he feared what his family and friends would say.

In Nigeria, like in many other societies, there exists a certain stigma attached to single motherhood. Traditional cultural norms often place a high value on the nuclear family unit, where children are raised by both biological parents.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-most-nigerian-men-fear-marrying-single-mothers/
She will always give her baby daddy puna, I can't tolerate that gaskiya.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Hassanmaye(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
Fahvvy:

OP...

Haha they will come for you wait
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Hassanmaye(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
izonborn098:
Bro i want to tell what you don't want to hear.. I have single mom who is married now but my child is with me, this woman want to sleep with me till date, though i was sleeping with her when she was dating the said guy but i give up when she got married to him. Single moms are very dangerous and shameless.
Another of my guy has the same experience and the said child need dna because she was sleeping with both men before she get pregnant and the child is a photo copy of my friend, but she said the child belong to her present guy because my guy Bleep her up.. Never in my life will i ever marry any single mom except circumstances which is rare..
Wow
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by Hassanmaye(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
tonicyril:
That is like saying u impregnated ur girlfriend and she born 2 pikins for u but her family came up with wahala and scater ur unionism grin cheesy

But after three years, u and ur girlfriend run go meet for faraway shagamu and continue ur unionism...

So it's still a win win for you,

But imagine Ajax Amsterdam leading Go Ahead Eagles 2:0 and Go Ahead Eagles said they are not continuing again, so the went to FC Utretch with the 2:0 and continue the match with fc utretch grin grin grin no naa
Bad guy

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by APCREP: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
This are for the ladies that are still single. Be loyal to your man and respect him fully so that all these comments will have no effect on you because you won't end up being a single mom but a mother.
Put not your trust in your cooking skill ( because a man can get better food from a good restaurant)
Put not your trust in your beauty and your physical attributes( because the beautiful ones are not yet born)
Put not your trust in your mother's wrong advise or friends or sweet talk from other men ( because if e red only you go carry your cross )
See most Rich guys doesn't need your Cooking ability or your looks or anything you are proud of because there is substitute for them money can cover that ..but money can't buy honest loyalty and respect...
Girls don't be deceived... Act unwisely and uncultured you will become a scape goat every where..
Your place is loyalty take the name fool just to have a good home two captains can be in a ship ....you are the assistant not the captain.. God bless you.

Lastly guys if you see a venza for 300k shine your eyes cos it's too good to be true ...if it was true you won't luckily even find one to buy...
Go check well the engine remain small to knock

Single women na problem

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by AlphaHakimi: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
No matter the situation, never marry a single mother.
If she was a good woman, her ex would not get her pregnant and leave her ( except in the case of death of her legally married husband).

Even single mothers usually advise their sons not to marry a single mother when he grows of age.

Shalom

9 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by UnfairLife7(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2023
Palmyra:

Is not advisable except if the husband is dead through accident or situation beyond her control.
Then Why asking a lady to get pregnant before marriage when single mothers are clear evidence of fertility?
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by tonicyril: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
highchief1:
lol but tennis them Dey give person ahead na.

Nope....e no dey happen for anywhere
Re: Why Most Nigerian Men Fear Marrying Single Mothers by UnfairLife7(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
izonborn098:
Bro i want to tell what you don't want to hear.. I have single mom who is married now but my child is with me, this woman want to sleep with me till date, though i was sleeping with her when she was dating the said guy but i give up when she got married to him. Single moms are very dangerous and shameless.
Another of my guy has the same experience and the said child need dna because she was sleeping with both men before she get pregnant and the child is a photo copy of my friend, but she said the child belong to her present guy because my guy Bleep her up.. Never in my life will i ever marry any single mom except circumstances which is rare..
Lol

All these your accusations or reasons are applicable to single ladies too. It has nothing to do with being single mothers or not. There are some single mothers that i personally know. They've remarried and there's nothing like all what you put up there. While we have some single ladies cheating while dating their husband to be and still continue to cheat in marriage. I understand it's a choice not to marry a single mother or even single ladies but your reasons are applicable to both single mothers and single ladies.

It has nothing to do with being a single mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should I Still Give Him A Chance? / What Will Be Your Reaction If You're Her Brother? / 7 Bad Habits That Can Destroy Your Relationship With Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.