Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (6397 Views)

7 Types Of People In RELIGION SECTION / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
The truth is that secularism is a myth. Some countries adopt a religion as a state religion and that leaves the minority at a disadvantage position. Other countries that claim to be neutral end up persecuting religious groups like is systematically happening in the UK and has already been entrenched in France.

It is important for people to respect other people's beliefs but sadly it is not as easy as it sounds. While Religious people constantly see atheists are sorry losers, atheists in turn try to sterilize and freeze out religion.

Everyone has got a 'gun' and uses it - it depends on what side of the fence you are.

What is sure is that what ever part of the word you are, morals are on the decline.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
Lie. Morals remain the same. Its just more out there now. A lot of my religious friends posts bible passages all day long. Yet they are sleeping with married folk n having abortions they don't believe in. Truth is if u need the fear of hell to be a good person then u are really not a good person. we need ethics not fear. Homosexuality has been around and is not a modern invention.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@Lie. Morals remain the same@@@@@@@@@

I am sure most people agree morals are on the decline. No where have I mentioned homosexuality that is not the topic of debate here. You do not have to be religious to see that morals are on the decline.

Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by vescucci(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Some atheists come here cuz they truly believe religion causes more harm than good, if any. They're on a crusade, pardon the pun, to make the world a better place from their POV.

Most, however, just like a good condescending argument to get their blood flowing on a slow workday. They have equally pompous theists to engage them too. You know, the two to tango business.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by DeepSight(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^Bro, you should write. You flow.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2011
vescucci:

Some atheists come here cuz they truly believe communism causes more harm than good, if any. They're on a crusade, pardon the pun, to make the world a better place from their POV.

grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by thehomer: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
divine2043:

The truth is that secularism is a myth. Some countries adopt a religion as a state religion and that leaves the minority at a disadvantage position. Other countries that claim to be neutral end up persecuting religious groups like is systematically happening in the UK and has already been entrenched in France.

It is important for people to respect other people's beliefs but sadly it is not as easy as it sounds. While Religious people constantly see atheists are sorry losers, atheists in turn try to sterilize and freeze out religion.

Everyone has got a 'gun' and uses it - it depends on what side of the fence you are.

What is sure is that what ever part of the word you are, morals are on the decline.

What do you mean by secularism being a myth?
How are the UK and France persecuting religious people?
Sorry but I refuse to respect ridiculous beliefs such as people being killed for changing their religious preference neither will I respect a belief like prayer is the best answer for a child with diabetes.

Actually, morals have been improving. I simply wonder what part of the world you are in.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2011
ATLgal:

Tobi
Surely u jest. U don't really consider a whole group as monolithic? Just like Frosbel does not speak for the entire crazy segment of christianhood.
kai its only those that are closer to my heart that calls me tobi. as an atheist u are not. Except u change ur belief
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Isn't ur condemnation reserved for sinners who r xtian? As frosble made me an unbeliever, it would make more sense for u to be my friend so I can see the glory of God in ur life n thus change my ways. smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
well there are two things here. friendship and being close to someone's heart. Yes i can be ur friend if u want. cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by manmustwac(m): 12:33am On Oct 22, 2011
I didn't join nairaland because of the religion section and didn't really give a toss until I stumbled upon a topic called The Problem With The Atheist which to me was a bloody insult to my intelligence angry . This made me start to think. How can me not believing in a God be a problem to religious folk? Going through Christian topics and reading statements like leave everything to god to judge our corrupt politicians pastors etc is just a good excuse to do nothing. Nigerians killing themselves over two imported religions isn't going to help the country progress. I just believe that religion or at least religion the way its practiced in Nigeria is more like a hindrance which is stopping tjedna country from progressing. To many people waiting from some guy to come down from the sky to solve the country's problem. And am herd to stay. smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by vescucci(m): 12:52am On Oct 23, 2011
Deep Sight:

^^^Bro, you should write. You flow.

My Oga. But you say to be still na.

Frosbel, being cheeky is my job here. You wan chance me?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by chinnyonwu(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2015
frosbel:
Personally, I wouldn't go to an atheist forum to "push" my beliefs on anyone. I think that's what some of us don't understand. Why visit a forum about belief systems, when you don't believe in religion? Of course that's your right, but I for one, don't understand it.

We did have one poster a while back who admitted to being on here just to plant seeds of disbelief in others. There are also many wonderful posters here who discuss faith/religion intelligently and politely.

But why come on here or any other religion forum if you are just bashing and do not believe in GOD.

Why not ask the unbiased ( grin ) moderators to provide you with your own section.

I can recommend some titles for your section, god haters pad or sect for non-believers etc .

Comments from the sensible ONLY will be much appreciated.
Lol
Its the same way Jehova Witnesses and fanatics shove down their beliefs on others. Anyway for me, i just point out to theists how ridiculous they sound and have a good laugh.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by MacCantStopMe: 4:41am On Apr 18, 2020
^^^^

Evolishi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / My Encounter With Jesus Christ And Conversion To Christianity:part1 / A Question JW Cannot Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.