Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

One Spouse Policy? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Spouse Policy? (5459 Views)

FG Probes Swiss Envoy Over ‘gay Spouse’ / Jonathan’s Economic Policy ‘failing’ — UN / Ndubuisi Ekekwe (Afrit) On Africa's Infotech Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Spouse Policy? by Guardian(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2011
emofine:

Interesting policy but what if a couple that has the maximum number of children granted (which is two) yet one child dies in infancy or early in life, are they thus permitted to have another child - and not be taxed as their tally will still be within the required bracket?

. . .and what if someone was pregnant with triplets, would the couple be taxed for one of the children born?

I assumed there was a relationship between polygamy and population growth and that perhaps in a polygamous household more children were likely to be born than in a monogamous one. Having done a minimum research I believe there are quite some holes in that theory and other factors to still consider.

APPLICATION & INTERPRETATION:

In case 1:   what if a couple that has the maximum number of children granted (which is two) yet one child dies in infancy or early in life, are they thus permitted to have another child - and not be taxed ?   YES Their present count is within the count allowed by Law

In case 2: what if someone was pregnant with triplets, would the couple be taxed for one of the children born ?   YES their Present count exceeds the number allowed by Law

Thus: Where the Law applies. The number/count of child/children is the number of living children from either male or female citizen.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Guardian, urs is a case of emotion with no basis. What if they have 9 kids and all die?
How many women get preg with triplets with no fertility treatment? Now how many require fertity treatment? Quit looking for extreme cases and presenting them as the norm.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Guardian(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
ATLgal:

Guardian, urs is a case of emotion with no basis. What if they have 9 kids and all die?
How many women get preg with triplets with no fertility treatment? Now how many require fertity treatment? Quit looking for extreme cases and presenting them as the norm.

AtlantaBabe,
The Proposed Law is simple. U can have 2 kids free of Tax. Once the pikin pass 2 !! Gbam !!! You must pay TAX. Trust me it would world.

It's free from any religious qurrel and no Muslim, Christian, Hindu, White Garment, Ogun, Shango , Worshipper would tell me it's an attack.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
I see ur point. How would u implement it? Who go report delivery? What if thr family no get income? Where tax money go come from?
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Guardian(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
ATLgal:

I see your point. How would u implement it? Who go report delivery? What if thr family no get income? Where tax money go come from?

Now we are moving forward.

We go amend another Law. That states thus.

"All births and deaths as required by Federal constitution of Nigeria must be registered at medial place of birth and Local Government office for Population."

All Hospitals must show records of Births and Death. Failure to do so shall attract harsh penalities, which shall include. Withdrawal of Practice license of registration at all known regulatory body Gbam !!!
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
And people who give birth at home or in a different state? For ur plan to work u need a national biometric registry. Where is d money coming from? Do u jail those who don't pay d tax or comply? Where is ur prison capable of holding such? Oya build.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Guardian(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
See my proposed Law is Fair.

People who give birth at home or in a different state? ANS : Births must be registered at medial place of birth and/or Local Government office for Population

smiley No Escape Local government is close to every villager. smiley EVen of you born for house go LGA.

The Law Allows you only 2 Kids, Else pay TAX.

If you don't have money don't violate the Law. Else , We have to think of a good deterrent for those who would pose and try to deceive us with their poverty state but yet still reproduce like Elede smiley

Oya You come up with a solution to deter them.

As for registration we would apply all measures. If no certificate of Birth No school, No Free Education, , Later we would get cash for moire sophisticated mechinery to capture. See the case of SIM Registration in Naija it's all a fools bluff but at least they succeed in scaring a number of people to register and I bet 70% of user are registered. The same applies my dear. In mean time attend to deterrant.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by ebere1712: 4:00am On Oct 25, 2011
Anybody can have any number of kids they want. What is your business? is the government paying for anything. Enough of this rubbish.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Oct 25, 2011
My own plan no get that 2 for free nonsense. Tax them all. That will not all cause people to THINK TWICE even before having the first two, but ensure they have what it takes before they make the decision to reproduce.

I would make adoption (controlled situation by the way), the only way to have kids tax free. grin grin
Re: One Spouse Policy? by arsenefc: 4:13am On Oct 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

My own plan no get that 2 for free nonsense. Tax them all. That will not all cause people to THINK TWICE even before having the first two, but ensure they have what it takes before they make the decision to reproduce.

I would make adoption (controlled situation by the way), the only way to have kids tax free. grin grin

Do you have fibroid or something?, a huge fibroid or something like that.

Mehn, tax kids. because you couldnt have one?

Why are you so callous?
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Oct 25, 2011
Guardian:

If you don't have money don't violate the Law. Else , We have to think of a good deterrent for those who would pose and try to deceive us with their poverty state but [size=13pt]yet still reproduce like Elede[/size] smiley

Re: One Spouse Policy? by sheyguy: 4:25am On Oct 25, 2011
isnt it going to contradict sharia pple 1-man-to-4-women policy. i doubt if the news is true.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Oct 25, 2011
My idea works with Sharia . . . . The man is free to marry even 20 wives, so long as he knows that every child produced by any of those women, he gets to pay for. So if 20 loosers women want to marry one fine, that is fine.

Most definitely, Children are blessings but you have to pay the fee for choosing to bring those precious lives in to this world. It costs money to take care of them in society.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by arsenefc: 4:33am On Oct 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

My idea works with Sharia . . . . The man is free to marry even 20 wives, so long as he knows that every child produced by any of those women, he gets to pay for. So if 20 loosers women want to marry one fine, that is fine.

Most definitely,[size=18pt] Children are blessings but you have to pay the fee for choosing to bring those precious lives in to this world[/size]. It costs money to take care of them in society.

ROTFL

LOL
Re: One Spouse Policy? by ektbear: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I would make adoption (controlled situation by the way), the only way to have kids tax free.  grin grin

I like this plan.

Especially the adoption thing (though you need to be careful you don't create loopholes. E.g., me adopting my cousin's 9th child leading to him not paying tax)
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Oct 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

I like this plan.

Especially the adoption thing (though you need to be careful you don't create loopholes. E.g., me adopting my cousin's 9th child leading to him not paying tax)

Nah!!! you adopting your cousins child does not absolve your cousin. As long as we know whose child it is, we will go after em for as long as that child remains under 18.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 25, 2011
U guys do understand why population growth is important? Taxing them all is discrimination against the poor. And 2 where r u going to import people to replenish ur country when ur people quit having kids due to ur draconian rules?
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 4:45am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

U guys do understand why population growth is important? Taxing them all is discrimination against the poor. And 2 where r u going to import people to replenish your country when your people quit having kids due to your draconian rules?

Population growth is important in a country where the vast majority of the populace are between the ages of 16 and 25, unemployment is almost at 50% (unofficially) and the country imports above 95% of what it is able to produce ??   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided What are you replenishing? We barely have enough to fix our roads, let alone develop to handle the high population we have, na replenishing you dey talk of? Abeg why??
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 25, 2011
U are being shortsighted. Why don't u take d people out back n shoot them? The problem is not population. It is govt inefficiency looting and a general lack of education. Why is unemployment 50%? Too much religion. Takr out the North u start to get a clearer pic. Northern youth are being marginalized. There is no power adding to d unemployment issue. So wipe out half the. Population and then when things get better import who exactly? China n india have 1 bil and are doing better RELATIVELY. There are only 177 universities in nigeria. Could that be part of d problem? These are real people not numbers. Don't discount them.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:11am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

U are being shortsighted. Why don't u take d people out back n shoot them? The problem is not population. It is govt inefficiency looting and a general lack of education. Why is unemployment 50%? Too much religion. Takr out the North u start to get a clearer pic. Northern youth are being marginalized. There is no power adding to d unemployment issue. So wipe out half the. Population and then when things get better import who exactly? China n india have 1 bil and are doing better RELATIVELY. There are only 177 universities in nigeria. Could that be part of d problem? These are real people not numbers. Don't discount them.

WOW !!!! shocked  shocked

This is what makes me weak when I try to converse with Nigerians on this 'elede' breeding mentality.  You really do not see that our population has become a burden we cannot even afford? shocked

So, unemployment you blame on Government, and there is no way to say that it is also the case that we are not able to produce enough jobs to cover the growing population?? Even if you you cut government expenditure down to 0%, how far do you think our Naira 3 trillion budget will get in providing for even 10% of the poor we have each year? Or do you think all these issues exist in isolation?? :-/

China and India doing relatively better? Why do people say that without also considering the harsh realities in these countries. Is china not the same country that enacted the ONE-CHILD program? Is India today not also the country with the greatest poverty numbers and increasing??

Nigeria has 177 universities, and you think the money to build more comes from trees? Are you serious? Have you ever had to manage mouths before? If you have, I suggest you apply that wisdom here. If you have $10 bucks to buy food for 5 people, and then 5 more people enter the room, it means that $10 bucks will not go as far as it could have when you only had 5, and stretching that $10 bucks to feed the 10 will probably not make a difference as they will all now be hungry even after eating what that $10 can buy.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 25, 2011
Ok. U are misunderstanding me. I am not advocating people breeding. I am of the school that not everyone has to have a child. Yes it is the govt that causes unemployment. They are looting the country. I sm referring to the people that already are here. This is why Nigeria is a ticking time bomb. Look at any country. Marginilization causes poverty n increases crime. FACT. When u educate people childbirth rates auto decline. The govt isn't providing power how is d private second going to grow? Take out the northern population and recalculate the GDP and tell me if its the same rate.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 25, 2011
No need for personal attacks. Why do poor people have more kids? Its a sort of social security program. Ur 10 naira deal does not work. U are assuming the upcoming population is a deadbeat one. Not true. Nigeria actually has a growing middle class. My comprising to china was to point out that they have 5 times nigeria's population yet a higher gdp. U are assuming the more people less money mentality. D world currently produces more than enough food to feed d entire population problem is distribution (relating to income)
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

Ok. U are misunderstanding me. I am not advocating people breeding. I am of the school that not everyone has to have a child. Yes it is the govt that causes unemployment. They are looting the country. I sm referring to the people that already are here. This is why Nigeria is a ticking time bomb. Look at any country. Marginilization causes poverty n increases crime. FACT. When u educate people childbirth rates auto decline. The govt isn't providing power how is d private second going to grow? Take out the northern population and recalculate the GDP and tell me if its the same rate.

Again, I am tempted to repost my $10 analogy for you here.

You have $10, which would sufficiently feed 5 people. However, as time went on, 5 more people showed up, now you have to feed people still but you don't have enough. Do you blame the $10 or the person holding the money for it all?

Look, it is time Nigerians play their own part in this. We are overpopulated . . . we do not have enough resources to feed the number of people we have today. Yes, there is corruption, but also we have gotten to a place where if you wiped Nigeria completely clean of Corruption today, We would still not be able to afford Power, Education for all, and all other heavenly goods you feel we should have. We have tipped that scale at this point, and news that our oil resources will disappear in a couple more decades makes this an alarming situation since we do not have any other viable sources at the moment.

Considering the same people who helped drive the population from about 60 million to more than 150 million today, are some of the very same who got Family Planning pounding for 3 decades, I don't think we can afford to waste more money on efforts that may fail. What we need now is action, and a tax program will not only provide a more immediate easing in growth rate but will likely cause COMMON SENSE to kick in more often than not for many of these 'elede' breeders.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 25, 2011
Er, now u are being silly. Yes from trees. Agriculture will put us ahead of where we are. Paper money means nothing. Its d power behind it. How did other countries get built? Get my point? The answer isn't sterilizing the poor. Its in harnessing human and natural resources. The govt is paying for pilgrimage n u are telling me I'm complaining about school money. Is that wise!
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 25, 2011
U are being emotional instead of rational. The problem is not population. It is a lack of education. Again u take out the no western education populace and tally the GDP. Get to the root of the problem instead of over reacting. And u that u are talking. Are u not going to have any kids? I bet u already have 4 even. But u r an elite so I bet u are exempt.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

No need for personal attacks. Why do poor people have more kids? Its a sort of social security program. your 10 naira deal does not work. U are assuming the upcoming population is a deadbeat one. Not true. Nigeria actually has a growing middle class. My comprising to china was to point out that they have 5 times nigeria's population yet a higher gdp. U are assuming the more people less money mentality. D world currently produces more than enough food to feed d entire population problem is distribution (relating to income)

No Personal attacks . . . simply stated that yes, this sort of thing weakens me.

Children are not toys or houses that you have them for social security. NO! They are human beings that require CARE and that those producing them have the ability to adequately take care of them. You have morons who watch their one child die of an illness. They are unable to afford treatment so the child ends up dead. What these morons do next is go for having another child to REPLACE the lost one, rather than stopping to think that it is probably best NOT to have a child until they can adequately afford the care it would need.

What upcoming population are you referring to? What More people/less money mentality? IT IS A FACT that we have more people than the money we have can take care of. Take a look at the numbers --- get interested in those digits cause they are the future you leave for the children you decide to pop out. lol

People on here have made attempts to compare Libya to Nigeria in the sense that both are oil producing countries and supply oil to the west. But most of these nonnies fail to check is the fact that Nigeria, even though it produces about 15% more Oil than Libya (I believe we claim we produce about 2 million barrels a day whil libya is/was at about 1.7 million barrels), Nigeria also has to cater to a population that is more than 25X more than Libya does. The Numbers are there for you to consider please. Consider them

There is nothing EMOTIONAL about presenting you with the facts and trying to get you to OPEN your eyes to what is right in front of you.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 25, 2011
By the way, guess what happened in China based on the one child rule? They aborted d girls n now they don't have enough wives and have to import wives.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:47am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

U are being emotional instead of rational. The problem is not population. It is a lack of education. Again u take out the no western education populace and tally the GDP. Get to the root of the problem instead of over reacting. And u that u are talking. Are u not going to have any kids? I bet u already have 4 even. But u r an elite so I bet u are exempt.

See, this is ridiculous ! What, about WESTERN EDUCATION, do you think will cause people who think of kids as SOCIAL SECURITY, not to pop kids out like pigs? Western EDUCATION DOES NOT PREVENT people from having kids they want to have. There are so many Western Educated individuals out there who still have 3 or more kids . . . my folks had 6 of us, and they are both educated. We were not produced as SOCIAL SECURITY, and we NEVER LACKED.

Calm down and think these things through. Again, The problem here is we have more mouths than we can feed. If you closed down Abuja, and all Government offices, and then decided to pool all the money from our resources directly into the hands of people, you would still not be able to make a huge dent in the Nigerian problem. That is because we have MORE MOUTHS than we can afford. We are already there now . . . and increasing is NOT THE ANSWER. Controlling the situation is in our interest.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

By the way, guess what happened in China based on the one child rule? They aborted d girls n now they don't have enough wives and have to import wives.

Now they know not to abort dem gals, right? It is good for people to learn their lessons. Hence the reason why a tax on child bearing is a good idea. Then people will learn that they have no right to burden society for their own personal choices.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2011
Libya produces way more than that. Listen don't give urself a heart attack. I am giving u the reason why they have kids not saying I agree with it. u keep repeating the same thing. Other countries do not have oil n do better. Guess what they have? Education. u are d one being blind. Google GDP by state. And then google population by state and ull see what I'm talking about. I'm done going back n forth with u. Ur rules are too draconian. It can't be all or nothing. If u tax all births u are discriminating against d poor. Pure n simple. If u don't agree with me I agree with u.
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

LOL. Different cultures okay. In China, sons were desired to lead the family, build wealth, etc etc.
In Nigeria, women have the balls to do both, no social constraint (except for hypersensitive politicians).
Re: One Spouse Policy? by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Oct 25, 2011
ATLgal:

Libya produces way more than that. Listen don't give urself a heart attack. I am giving u the reason why they have kids not saying I agree with it. u keep repeating the same thing. Other countries do not have oil n do better. Guess what they have? Education. u are d one being blind. Google GDP by state. And then google population by state and ull see what I'm talking about. I'm done going back n forth with u. your rules are too draconian. It can't be all or nothing. If u tax all births u are discriminating against d poor. Pure n simple. If u don't agree with me I agree with u.

Taxing [b]ALL [/b]births is discriminating against the poor? WUUUUUUUHHHAAATTTTTT?? ??  shocked shocked shocked shocked??  ROFL

By the way, what OTHER countries are you referring to there?? Give us examples please. Also mention their population cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. / The Chategories Of People Who Don't Want Igbos In SW/NORTHERN NIGERIA...#FACTS. / A Anambrarian Would Rather Go With Urhobos Than With Biafra....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.