Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences (17123 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Lennox Mall, Sailor Lounge, Etc For Environmental Pollution / Peter Obi Causes Pandemonium At Ladipo Market As He Campaign For GRV / Plateau State Closes All Entry And Exit Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Xxxxtentacion2: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
Funflipper:

Who are the traders in ladipo market?
wetin concern me with traders in the market cant you see the market is dirty abi you are blind...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by luluman: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Bulabans at work! Closing markets that are generating daily revenue? You may think that you are punishing somebody but you are indirectly punishing yourself. Why not engage a body that will be clearing the refuse generated by the market while occupants of the market pay for it?
You should stop being dumb, it was stated in the post that they don't pay but you can't read.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by plaindealer: 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
obi58:

So what is LAWMA doing about sanitising such environments? Go around Lagos and you will ask yourself if LAWMA still exists!

See dirty, pigsty and rotten ipob mentality.

So, because there's LAWMA, you are free to trash everywhere, desecrate your surroundings and create health and environmental hazards?

LAWMA educates you every day on how to manage and dispose of trash.?

I bet the rotten pigs and shop owners did not sign up for the LAWMA waste disposal service because the clowns don't want to pay the monthly disposal fees.

Btw, which agency is responsible for the rubbish below in your village?

Did you destroy this market with rotten trash and still sit on top of this stinking and rotten mess to buy and sell all day because your useless government did not clean your mess for you?

Some of you live worse than animals and it's sad that you are used to this rotten and pigsty way of life.

Sad..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by obi58: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2023
plaindealer:

See dirty, pigsty and rotten ipob mentality.

So, because there's LAWMA, you are free to trash everywhere, desecrate your surroundings and create health and environmental hazards?

LAWMA educates you every day on how to manage and dispose of trash.?

I bet the rotten pigs and shop owners did not sign up for the LAWMA waste disposal service because the clowns don't want to pay the monthly disposal fees.

Btw, which agency is responsible for the rubbish below in your village?

Did you destroy this market with rotten trash and still sit on top of this stinking and rotten mess to buy and sell all day because your useless government did not clean your mess for you?

Some of you live worse than animals and it's sad that you are used to this rotten and pigsty way of life.

Sad..

From your clearly bigoted response it's evident that it would be difficult to have a rational conversation with you but I will try. Of course I will not demean myself to get into racist discussions. This is strictly about government putting necessary structures in place. So let's not make this conversation emotive but rational.

In sane societies, people don't litter indiscriminately because there are waste receptacles everywhere. Also waste disposal agencies are up and alive to their responsibilities. Similarly people will pay for functional utilities like electricity over going to buy fuel to run their generators. It's just plain common sense. You won't see someone with toilet in his house go out to defecate outside.

LAWMA was promulgated to provide waste disposal services which they have are clearly not doing. They are not alive to their responsibilities and should be held accountable for the heaps of refuse appearing everywhere. If you choose to punish Lagosians by depriving them of their source of daily income you also reduce income to the state as well as create more societal problems when desperate people now resort to crime.

How shameful!
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by lexylaw40kuti: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Whitecoal711: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
Lov this,enemy fastracking the division
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by placeofallure(f): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Bulabans at work! Closing markets that are generating daily revenue? You may think that you are punishing somebody but you are indirectly punishing yourself. Why not engage a body that will be clearing the refuse generated by the market while occupants of the market pay for it?

I am not disappointed I'm seeing comments like yours. I know una. Bulabans imagine! Your tribe can never go wrong in your eye. A market is dirty and was sanctioned, you are attributing it to political affiliations... People like you will keep dragging the nation back cause you are never objective. So it's government that will help them organise how to clean the place, their profits, na government dem dey give? On top everything they're tax evaders o! Go and dirty Artisan market or your Aba una no gree, radarada!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by plaindealer: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
obi58:

From your clearly bigoted response it's evident that it would be difficult to have a rational conversation with you but I will try. Of course I will not demean myself to get into racist discussions. This is strictly about government putting necessary structures in place. So let's not make this conversation emotive but rational.

In sane societies, people don't litter indiscriminately because there are waste receptacles everywhere. Also waste disposal agencies are up and alive to their responsibilities. Similarly people will pay for functional utilities like electricity over going to buy fuel to run their generators. It's just plain common sense. You won't see someone with toilet in his house go out to defecate outside.

LAWMA was promulgated to provide waste disposal services which they have are clearly not doing. They are not alive to their responsibilities and should be held accountable for the heaps of refuse appearing everywhere. If you choose to punish Lagosians by depriving them of their source of daily income you also reduce income to the state as well as create more societal problems when desperate people now resort to crime.

How shameful!

What's the meaning of this ignorant rubbish?
LAWMA"s service is a paid service, not a free service, Lagosians all over Lagos subscribe for LAWMA to remove and dispose their waste for a monthly fee, it is obvious that the dirty Ladipo pigs are not paying LAWMA for their services like the rest of Lagos because they are used to their rotten, primitive and barbaric village pigsty way of life.

Are your dirty Ladipo brothers paying LAWMA to remove their waste? No.

Before you villagers compare Nigeria with advanced countries, get proper education about residential and commercial waste disposal in advanced countries

In advanced countries, all residential and commercial buildings must engage waste disposal companies to dispose their waste for a monthly fee, you cannot litter your environment for any reason, I mean, not for any reason, the city will fine you, they will also remove the waste and send you the bill with penalties included and even put a lein on your house if you don't pay.

Even in some areas, big shops are charged only N300 per month.

Fake Internet billionaires cannot pay N300 for waste disposal.

Please, confine your dirty and ignorant village ways to your fellow dirty village people.

This is why they say you people are too socially underdeloped to be part of any sane and lawful society or even coexist peacefully with other people.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Gajagojo: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2023
Smithkafors:
Did you provide waste bags for the masses?…how efficient is your waste disposals ?.
Ladipo market is not the masses

It is a business
An industrial businesses generating industrial waste
Government is not under obligation to provide waste bags
Where is the money for that to come from?

Government is not responsible for industrial waste disposal

Business owners are responsible

If you operate a poultry e.g you are responsible not government

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Gajagojo: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2023
obi58:

How shameful!

Government is not responsible for industrial waste
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by plaindealer: 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
Smithkafors:
Did you provide waste bags for the masses?…how efficient is your waste disposals ?.

See primitive reasoning, it is your job to make arrangements for waste disposal, go to LAWMA, collect waste bins and make the statutory monthly payments for LAWMA to remove your waste, this is also what they do in advanced countries.

You people are just not exposed to decent living and way of life.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by samz77: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Lanrelagboi:
FLASH: The Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab, has ordered immediate closure of Ladipo Market, Mushin, for several environmental offences including, reckless waste disposal, unhygienic premises, non-payment of waste bills, among others.

No be only close na to tell them make Dem varnish go their respective states.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Deltancapo: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
opalu:
Oppressed at home, Oppressed outside. May God help, bless and multiply the Igbo businessmen.
Dorty that is everyone on Lagos roads......

Then something is wrong with the Igbo cos they are not the tribes in Africa

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
obi58:

Let me ask you a simple question.... Will inhabitants in a house with a toilet go out to the bush to defecate?

Will people go out to dispose of waste indiscriminately if proper waste bins are provided everywhere and same emptied periodically by the relevant government agency? So please tell me what LAWMA has been doing to keep these markets clean? Instead they choose to bully the shop owners and cripple their source of daily income.

Charity begins at home. The problem is with LAWMA. If they are active in the discharge of their duties we won't be having these developments.

Government should be for the people and is supposed to be a service. People will happily pay for functional services. This is the truth.

I repeat it is only the foolish that will leave a perfectly functional waste bin to dispose of refuse indiscriminately and if such offenders are identified then they should be punished appropriately.

You make a valid point and I can understand your point of view as LAWMA has not lived up to expectations. Definitely they share in the blame based on this, although we don't know if some of the shop owners refused to contribute money for waste disposal. Still, I give you that point! ✔️

The crux of my comment was, however, to point out the fact that not everything is centred on tribe/ethnicity as suggested by the poster as Ladipo market comprises both Yoruba and Igbo traders. That particular rhetoric of tribalism & victimization is always repeated each time people feel something affects Igbos in Lagos and it's not always so.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:05am On Sep 30, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
See as Lagos dirty... the eldorado that tinubu built.. i shame for apc supporters...
Modified: to those wretched souls tagging me igbo. Anybody that says the truth is always igbo. What is the point of democracy if you all cant criticise the government.

You're right but let the criticism start with your red planet. Your people are detty piegs

I live in oba where òbí Cubana is from even as Yoruba I Know who your people are

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Drsmartphilips: 2:39am On Sep 30, 2023
igbos are pigs

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by obi58: 2:59am On Sep 30, 2023
plaindealer:

What's the meaning of this ignorant rubbish?
LAWMA"s service is a paid service, not a free service, Lagosians all over Lagos subscribe for LAWMA to remove and dispose their waste for a monthly fee, it is obvious that the dirty Ladipo pigs are not paying LAWMA for their services like the rest of Lagos because they are used to their rotten, primitive and barbaric village pigsty way of life.

Are your dirty Ladipo brothers paying LAWMA to remove their waste? No.

Before you villagers compare Nigeria with advanced countries, get proper education about residential and commercial waste disposal in advanced countries

In advanced countries, all residential and commercial buildings must engage waste disposal companies to dispose their waste for a monthly fee, you cannot litter your environment for any reason, I mean, not for any reason, the city will fine you, they will also remove the waste and send you the bill with penalties included and even put a lein on your house if you don't pay.

Even in some areas, big shops are charged only N300 per month.

Fake Internet billionaires cannot pay N300 for waste disposal.

Please, confine your dirty and ignorant village ways to your fellow dirty village people.

This is why they say you people are too socially underdeloped to be part of any sane and lawful society or even coexist peacefully with other people.

Like I said it's obvious that you're bigoted and unwilling to reason like a rational being so continuing this conversation will be akin to arguing with a deranged individual.

How do you know that the traders don't pay for waste disposal? Don't they pay taxes in the billions monthly to the government? Again I ask what services has LAWMA provided in this public space to demand payment?

I hope you are not one of those keyboard cowards. Please air these your 'views' when next you are in Ladipo let's see what reactions you will get.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by BlackKafka: 5:06am On Sep 30, 2023
Nwodosis:

LOL. So because of the 'huuuuggee' revenue from markets, we should turn everywhere to a pig-sty.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Lifestone(m): 5:38am On Sep 30, 2023
Nwodosis:
Did you read? The traders didn't pay waste bill, yet they are as dirty a pig
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by walefresh3(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2023
dokyOloye:

Mr Bulawayo ,The whole of Lagos is a waste bin,why single out Ladipo?
like southeast Right ?
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by legitnow1: 6:36am On Sep 30, 2023
THEY WILL STLL OPEN IT.

YORUBA NO GET SENSE, TINUBU CARRY POLITICS ENTER MARKET.

IGBO IS HIS PROBLEM, BUT THEY MUST NOT LEAVE TO BIAFRA.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by lexylaw40kuti: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2023
Nn
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Eniitankorede: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2023
Nwodosis:

They are not paying for environmental services, didn’t you read that? They should go back to southyeast and destroy the place. The same people will be displaying statistics of how Lagos is the dirtiest city in the world.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Xxxxtentacion2: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

You're right but let the criticism start with your red planet. Your people are detty piegs

I live in oba where òbí Cubana is from even as Yoruba I Know who your people are
Oga am not igbo.. saying the truth does not make me igbo... ladipo market in lagos is a very dirty place take it or leave it
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Sleekfingers: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2023
Smithkafors:

So na government go buy waste bags for them abi? There is absolutely something wrong with some Nigerians. They just reason like pigs.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Sleekfingers: 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2023
Midehi3:
Dirty state, but closing many markets, depriving people of their livelihood, if thieves come many now, they will be complaining, they should close Alaba too, close tradefair

Another lame excuses....

So the government should be pampering them right?
That's why prison is in Lagos. ....

To be frank with you, there is a plan to totally close Alaba International.......Lagos State wants to use that space for something.
Same with Computer Village. That place used to be a residential area. Until they turned that place into a market.....They will send them to Abule Egba or Alagbado......

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by leafcuremed: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2023
Are you looking for a legit place to order psychedelics and order chemicals online from legit websites without getting screwed and at fair price. Then visit the online shops below today and get the best service online.
They offer great pricing and awesome customer service. Delivery is done worldwide.
Psychedelics are a subclass of hallucinogenic drugs whose primary effect is to trigger non-ordinary states of consciousness
(known as psychedelic experiences or "trips"wink. This causes specific psychological, visual, and auditory changes, and often a
substantially altered state of consciousness.
https://buylsdusa.com
https://buyacidonline.com
https://caluaniestore.com
https://chemiverse.cc
https://alphadmtshop.com
https://buyclonedcardsonline.site
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by lexylaw40kuti: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Mustack: 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
NAC1666:

After collecting daily revenue and sanitation levies,you still expect the treaders to carry the waste bins to there houses?. Just tell us you are looking for a way to revoke the market land. I saw this coming

You saw it in your fake dream. Traders pay there daily dues but your Biafra brother refuses to pay lawma dues.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Mustack: 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
tarboshi:
What is the work of LAWMA?
Is to discharge his duty. But the market leaders fail to pay there dues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eko Founders’ Controversy: Academics, Olota, Lagos Chief Tackle Oba Of Benin / Military Repels Attack On Babbangida Village, Yobe State / Boko Haram: Army Reinstates 2,500 Soldiers, 102 Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.