Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? (22385 Views)

5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by ChronicGp(m): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2023
Manual cars are faster according to F1 drivers
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by dreyFoxx(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2023
Give me manual....hold your automatic.....let's see who gets to the finish line first.....#speed_shift

1 Like

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by Sammy101111(m): 8:14am On Oct 05, 2023
Yes manual is faster
Manual cars are used for car race not automatic

You can pick from gear 1 and jump gear 4 in manual
But automatic will Select the gear for you the more you step on the accelerate

Wisdom is knowledge
Manual is for able body
Automatic na for andicap
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by BlackDuke(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2023
There is a reason why race cars are manual transmission cars cool
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by IzRayl: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2023
All F1 cars are manual,I think that's answers the question
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by blueghost(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2023
The speed of a car, whether it's manual or automatic, primarily depends on the vehicle's engine, transmission, and other technical specifications, rather than the type of transmission itself. In other words, there is no inherent difference in speed between manual and automatic cars.

1 Like

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by Munzy14(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
lordm:
Automatic transmission is s faster and better. I have driven both
Dey play.

By the time Automatic go reach gear3..

Manual do reach 5and return.

Even the write up gave you a clue to this..Manual gives a direct connection with driver and engine if he is very efficient with gear selection.

Automatic na females motor...But recently we find it comforting as men.

Even racing cars are manual.
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by Semaj77(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Don't assume. Go and make your research on google. Formula 1 cars are semi-automatic.

Semi automatic Which means exactly what

You're the one who has to do your research well before you comment

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by ceragon123: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Try grand prix or professional race with your automatic and see where you will be on the table.

Automatic is sweet but manual is the thing. There is a reason why manual cars have not faded out from History. Yes, it is stressful and full of suffering but, can you get something good without suffering? Hell No!

Nothing good comes easy. Driving automatic make people dumb and lazy. If you can't choose your gear, what can you choose? Automatic cars are for women who don't have anything in common with areas.
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by Tapout(m): 6:17am On Oct 06, 2023
Brendaniel:
No, The major difference is take off, why do you think police and most transport drivers use manual, because you can get to your highest gear within a shorter distance than auto.

If a police man is driving an automatic and is chasing a thief using manual and they have to make so many turns from street to street, the police might never catch the thief, but if they enter a free expressway over a long distance without any stops then the possibility becomes higher for the police, because they will both exhaust their maximum gears.

Now this is where engine power will begin to really talk but most thieves prefer manual same with police....

Biko are you a thief or police? Because this knowledge is not read in books.😅
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by sacajawea: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
ottajah:

I was even surprised to see that post that manual accelerates faster than automatic from rest..No be small what kind of engineer are you??
It could be Building engineer
No insults, I was asking a question to genuinely know
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by chccho(m): 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
blueghost:
The speed of a car, whether it's manual or automatic, primarily depends on the vehicle's engine, transmission, and other technical specifications, rather than the type of transmission itself. In other words, there is no inherent difference in speed between manual and automatic cars.
I agree
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by gonkin(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bluffly:

Simply because manual doesn't have to wait for speed sensor to detect speed and communicate with brainbox before brainbox communicates with shift solenoids
The communication speed is actually faster in automatic. But still manual has more aggressive gearing than a torque converter that experiences some loss at higher rpms.

In Manual nearly 100% of the torque from the engine is translated to the wheel rotation
Ever wondered why its not advisable to tow with an automatic?

1 Like

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by Angrigowt: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2023
Yeah first time i towed a car with my rwd car that day.i felt my engine was faulty .it kept acting funny on the rear wheels. I swore never to tow any mofocka again
gonkin:

The communication speed is actually faster in automatic. But still manual has more aggressive gearing than a torque converter that experiences some loss at higher rpms.

In Manual nearly 100% of the torque from the engine is translated to the wheel rotation
Ever wondered why its not advisable to tow with an automatic?
Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by ojeysky(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
Just incase, I have a clean Toks manual gear mini cooper countryman sport 2013... It's fully loaded. If you like good fuel economy and performance reachout for the ride.
Selling at a distress sale price:

https://www.nairaland.com/7425143/distress-sale-toks-mini-cooper

1 Like

Re: Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? by eraglory: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
Are automatic cars use for car race?
please sir I have a request.

Can u be my life mentor?. Someone I can submit to in all facet of life. I need someone to be my shepherd in my life journey.
Please sir.

My number is 08171646642.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Help: Catalytic Converter Missing In Exhaust Pipe / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Man Crashed A 3-wheeled Car With A Gyrocopter While Trying To Make It Fly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.