Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? (702 Views)

Nigerians Are Really Suffering / Fuel Scarcity, No Electricity: Nigerians Are Really Suffering – Ben Bruce / A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
To say Nigerians are suffering is an understatement. People are hungry, people are getting sacked from work. Food and other commodities are getting very expensive and nobody cares. Yesterday I saw a man that does labourer work, he was complaining that he has been working without pay. The engineer that is in charge always delay their payment. The man was begging me for garri to drink. A lot of people are going through worse. Some people have gone days without eating and with no hope of eating.
There is a saying that bad people thrive when good people do nothing. What have you done to help this poor people. People are easily attracted to crime now than ever before. Young boys of 13 are already involved in scam,rituals,robbery,kidnapping. Young girls are involved in prostitution. In my area, if as a guy you are not into scam,they see you as a failure.
And the thing is that things will keep getting worse. As the economy keeps going bad, more people will be involved in crimes. And one way or the other it affects all of us.
The solution is not running out of the country. If you run due to the high level of insecurity, you still have loved ones that can be affected.
Why can't we all work to improve this country. Giving people gifts of money and giveaway won't solve anything. The money will finish and they will be in need tomorrow. Give them food today they will be hungry tomorrow.
Why don't we all work together to help underprivileged people. We can form a group for that and help people. I will list ways we can help below
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
1) we can contribute money monthly. There are lots of people here on Nairaland. If we can form a group of 10,000, 100,000 people and make little contributions of 100# it will go a long way in helping lots of people. We can open business for them. Imagine how many people will be empowered by this. They in turn will be financially okay and be able to help. Just think how many people will benefit in a year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
2) they are people that make good videos on their various skills on YouTube, tiktok,etc but they don't earn from it because they can't get enough views. We can watch their videos and also refer people to watch their videos. Imagine Someone gets up to a million views on a youtube video that is like 500$. We have lifted someone and the person can in turn help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2023
3) they are people that sell online but they don't get patronage, we can help them by referring people to their business. Helping them advertise their business to get more patronage
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
4) they are apps that pay people based on referrals. We can help them by joining this apps with their referral link once it is verified to be genuine.
Let's be our brother's keeper. Let's join hands to lift ourselves up. Let's create a society where we don't have to live in fear. The america and UK we run to, is developed because their people worked together for it.
Life is too short, to think only about yourself. Let's show love to one another.
Instead of spending time insulting ourselves here everyday. Let's think of ways to solve problems in our society.
I can't do it on my own,I don't have the resources but together we can make noticeable difference.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by BossGerald: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2023
Cruise777 and duro4chang
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Tinububalls: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
Go and complain to the president, he's not in Nairaland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by duro4chang(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
BossGerald:
Cruise777 and duro4chang
You must really be in pain. You always cry and wail online everyday. Find something to do. Wailing cannot help you. Even if people give you money you will lavish it. Be a man.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by BossGerald: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
duro4chang:
You must really be in pain. You always cry and wail online everyday. Find something to do. Wailing cannot help you. Even if people give you money you will lavish it. Be a man.

You just described what you do here daily...what a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Yujin(m): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
Structural changes and the establishment of strong institutions in the only way forward. All these firebrigade tactics will never work on a large scale.
Soon, people will be dying on the streets of Nigeria due to hunger yet they will never learn. It will take the intervention of the relevant external bodies to force the necessary change in Nigeria.
Until then, let the suffering and smiling continue.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Ofunaofu: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
duro4chang:

Every thing is not politics where you accuse any one criticizing Tinubu to be wailing and crying.

Nigerians are suffering, what can you do to help

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by duro4chang(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
BossGerald:

You just described what you do here daily...what a shame
You are the only one crying on daily basis. Do something with your hands. Use your skill. Use your talent. Use your education. Stop complaining. Your brothers are there making legit money.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by BossGerald: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
duro4chang:
You are the only one crying on daily basis. Do something with your hands. Use your skill. Use your talent. Use your education. Stop complaining. Your brothers are there making legit money.

I only mentioned your moniker, is that wailing to you?? Do you have sense at all??

You must be fuulish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by phorget(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2023
Soylife:
To say Nigerians are suffering is an understatement. People are hungry, people are getting sacked from work. Food and other commodities are getting very expensive and nobody cares. Yesterday I saw a man that does labourer work, he was complaining that he has been working without pay. The engineer that is in charge always delay their payment. The man was begging me for garri to drink. A lot of people are going through worse. Some people have gone days without eating and with no hope of eating.
There is a saying that bad people thrive when good people do nothing. What have you done to help this poor people. People are easily attracted to crime now than ever before. Young boys of 13 are already involved in scam,rituals,robbery,kidnapping. Young girls are involved in prostitution. In my area, if as a guy you are not into scam,they see you as a failure.
And the thing is that things will keep getting worse. As the economy keeps going bad, more people will be involved in crimes. And one way or the other it affects all of us.
The solution is not running out of the country. If you run due to the high level of insecurity, you still have loved ones that can be affected.
Why can't we all work to improve this country. Giving people gifts of money and giveaway won't solve anything. The money will finish and they will be in need tomorrow. Give them food today they will be hungry tomorrow.
Why don't we all work together to help underprivileged people. We can form a group for that and help people. I will list ways we can help below

Been trying to reach you with the number on your profile, can you kindly chat me up on 0eight03six1688zerosix please.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by duro4chang(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Every thing is not politics where you accuse any one criticizing Tinubu to be wailing and crying.

Nigerians are suffering, what can you do to help
Stop wailing. Be a problem solver not a complainant every time. Use your head. Think of what you can do for others tha will fetch you money.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Ofunaofu: 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
duro4chang:
Stop wailing. Be a problem solver not a complainant every time. Use your head. Think of what you can do for others tha will fetch you money.

You are complaining bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by nairalanda1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
The problem is, Nigerians are only interested in their side winning, as can be seen from the responses to OP's question.

Nigerians are not interested in how we can get out of poverty, because the answer....ramping up taxes, cutting subsides, cutting corruption, and investing in industrial development....is not an answer we want to hear.

What we want is more money to feed our welfare....without a thought as to how it comes about.

Well, good luck to Nigerians, as someone who quotes me here always says. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
Op, stop troubling ur self for those that wants to be enslaved.
Dis is mission impossible, u hv a good vision for mankind but Nigerians does not deserve ur kind.
For now, let them keep ronu, its no longer favoring them and their families again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
duro4chang:
Rice bandit like u, una never ronu finish ba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Dpen11(f): 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Until the corruption in Nigeria stop
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
phorget:

Been trying to reach you with the number on your profile, can you kindly chat me up on 0eight03six1688zerosix please.
Okay I will
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tinububalls:
Go and complain to the president, he's not in Nairaland.
Sir, the president cannot do everything. Even in civilised country, citizens gather to provide for the poor, they provide food and other amenities to them.
In Nigeria we have people going hungry,some people don't have what to eat and no hope of what to eat.
Before I brought this here, I knew that the probability that it will succeed is low, because everyone is so selfish.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by anungangampu: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
We are a different kind of country in the world. A country of over 200million where 80% percent lives in poverty yet can demand anything from their leaders as they are polarized along tribal difference.

There is no country like that in the world.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Yujin(m): 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
anungangampu:
We are a different kind of country in the world. A country of over 200million where 80% percent lives in poverty yet can demand anything from their leaders as they are polarized along tribal difference.

There is no country like that in the world.
Nigeria is not a country but a contraption. This is why she is the way she is.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Nice2023(m): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
People are suffering and some of them deserve to suffer more while others are inflicted upon.

I pity and feel for those group of others.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Wawelexy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
It's so easy to suggest, but taking actions is the real deal here...

OP, why not take the lead first, while others follow
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Tohsynetita1: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Soylife:

it's not possible, this is because how many people will you liberate? We can't even liberate a state talk of the country, only those extremely rich like Billionaire can do that, only think you could do is to teach some skill for free or very less to anyone that wants to learn. Those that you want to give money, their are some that are malnurished but will rather use the money for Gins, alcohol that will still affect them.
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

it's not possible, this is because how many people will you liberate? We can't even liberate a state talk of the country, only those extremely rich like Billionaire can do that, only think you could do is to teach some skill for free or very less to anyone that wants to learn. Those that you want to give money, their are some that are malnurished but will rather use the money for Gins, alcohol that will still affect them.
We don't have to be billionaires to achieve this. Nairaland has over 3million members.let's assume that 500k are financially okay and can contribute no matter how small 500#,1k etc that is over 200mil monthly. Do you know how many people will be empowered in a year.
Then other non financial aid we can offer to the society. Eg helping people who have YouTube channel,tiktok,online market place
Do the calculation and see how many people this will benefit.
The thing I have noticed among Nigerians is that they don't want to help. They prefer giving people pocket money but will never help them to attain financial freedom. They want people that they can oppress. They want to be able to snatch the wife of that poor man easily. They want to drive flashy cars so that the poor can hail them. They need poor people to run dirty errands for them but we forget that this life is too short. If life was for eternity I may understand. Everything you have, you will kiss goodbye when you die, so why don't you use it to help people
But maybe what do I know? I just like to dream big and I also believe everyone deserves a good life.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Soylife(m): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
Wawelexy:
It's so easy to suggest, but taking actions is the real deal here...

OP, why not take the lead first, while others follow
Only me can't do it, I don't have the resources to do it but if we come together we can achieve something bigger. Imagine if we give a youtuber with quality content a million views. We have lifted one out of poverty. Imagine if we contribute a meager 200#. Calculate how many people we can help. We can do much more together. We complain that economy is bad, poverty is increasing but we don't discuss how we can help. We see ourselves as babies that government should provide everything for.
If it is to gather as tribes and Insult ourselves from morning till night, you will see people ready. If it is to vote for bbnaija, you will see lots of youths gather cash to do so. If it is to dash bet companies billions every week, you will see people ready to do so but to help poor people, people without hope of eating, they start to give excuse.
It is well
Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Nonexisting1: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
I am not contributing shishi to anything because most hungry fellows I've seen are agbadorian and they are mostly the fools to benefit from the benevolence. I never even give people around me, e come be agbadorians. Mtchew

Re: Nigerians Are Really Suffering...what Can We Do? by Tohsynetita1: 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
Soylife:

We don't have to be billionaires to achieve this. Nairaland has over 3million members.let's assume that 500k are financially okay and can contribute no matter how small 500#,1k etc that is over 200mil monthly. Do you know how many people will be empowered in a year.
Then other non financial aid we can offer to the society. Eg helping people who have YouTube channel,tiktok,online market place
Do the calculation and see how many people this will benefit.
The thing I have noticed among Nigerians is that they don't want to help. They prefer giving people pocket money but will never help them to attain financial freedom. They want people that they can oppress. They want to be able to snatch the wife of that poor man easily. They want to drive flashy cars so that the poor can hail them. They need poor people to run dirty errands for them but we forget that this life is too short. If life was for eternity I may understand. Everything you have, you will kiss goodbye when you die, so why don't you use it to help people
But maybe what do I know? I just like to dream big and I also believe everyone deserves a good life.

I know and understand you, this idea of yours should be church task, let them do it for their members alone. Even if we contribute money, it's among us that we still steal the money. Then, some would think why will I contribute my hard earned money for one ingrate to be rich? why can't you contribute for me also?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rascality Behind Continue Sealing Of IGBO'S Populated Market / Throwback: I Won't Die Until You Become President, Nwabueze Tells Atiku / Can Someone From Minority Tribe To Became Nigerian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.