Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,169 members, 7,860,185 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? (1369 Views)

Stop Marrying Girls That Are Hungry - Daddy Freeze (video) / ”Stop Marrying Hungry Women” – Blessing Okoro Advises Men / Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Quality20(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2023
While growing up many years a go, we learnt and saw how northerners and hausa men were always marrying teenage girls and sometimes even those below 10 years ,but now all of a sudden all that have stopped. What has really happened this past few years that put a stop all that? Or have hausa men become more westernised and educated than before? Or have those girls become less attractive to them? I really wonder. On my part , I think the girls have become smaller in statue more than they were years back, such that these days 13 and 15 year olds now look like 5 and 7 year olds of yester years. In the past , teenage girls used to the gold standard when looking for a bride but now a days their body sizes have reduced drastically such that these men don't see them as ladies but rather as babies. However in some part of the western worlds, where nutrition is adequate and children grow well, some of the men from the local culture still marry teenage ladies. But here in the 3rd world where is far from being adequate, no man from whatever culture dare to marry teenagers again, except they are gonna risk being labelled paedophile

1 Like

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Natbrowny: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2023
They haven't become more westernised.

The teenage girls murders them.
The teenage girls end up poisoning the husband with Whateva means they get, sometimes they wipe out the whole family including themselves.

Such was rampant 8 to 10 years back. Abeg if na u, u go stil wan risk am.

In one Abuja court currently, more than 15 cases of teenage wife kill husband choke.
In sabon Gari in Zaria (one court dey there) I witnessed FOUR.

DNT LET'S TALK ABOUT ZAMFARA AND SOKOTO AND KEBBI

MEDIA NO DEY REPORT THOSE ONES..

KANO IS GANGSTER ALREADY IN CASES OF MURDER. THEY BURY THE CASE SO NOONE HEARS ABOUT HOW SHIT HAPPENS..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Olawade24: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2023
Natbrowny:
They haven't become more westernised.

The teenage girls murders them.
The teenage girls end up poisoning the husband with Whateva means they get, sometimes they wipe out the whole family including themselves.

Such was rampant 8 to 10 years back. Abeg if na u, u go stil wan risk am.

In one Abuja court currently, more than 15 cases of teenage wife kill husband choke.
In sabon Gari in Zaria (one court dey there) I witnessed FOUR.

DNT LET'S TALK ABOUT ZAMFARA AND SOKOTO AND KEBBI

MEDIA NO DEY REPORT THOSE ONES..

KANO IS GANGSTER ALREADY IN CASES OF MURDER. THEY BURY THE CASE SO NOONE HEARS ABOUT HOW SHIT HAPPENS..

But there are still high cases of pheadophiles marriage in the North abi na me no da current with the latest gist.

I heard the gbeshing of below 16 is still high.
Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Natbrowny: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2023
Olawade24:

But there are still high cases of pheadophiles marriage in the North abi na me no da current with the latest gist.

Yeah. Ggbenshing is high. Very high. Even forced marriage still dey on a low sha. But b4 e reach media, sarki and other local leaders don die d case

In Zamfara one year like dat.. One supposed mallam cleric dey nak 3 gals. These gals no get breast sef.. Dey just shout shout. Dey dead d case b4 e trend. Dey protected the man coz na popular jingo for street.

D gals say he told dem if he didnt nak dem, dey wud b barren. And thats how their own mothers did too to give birth 2 dem

Many shits happen bros. These days. Its off media. Na like China, Northern states dey operate now.

Secrets r buried

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by 1Sharon(f): 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2023
They haven't stopped lol

It is part of their religion. It is sunna because mohammed did it.
Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Quality20(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
1Sharon:
They haven't stopped lol

maybe they don't want to be criticized by Yoruba and southern press/NGOs in general. And besides,times have changed, nobody wants a wife who can't take care of herself these days.
You know here in the south its even an abomination to marry or sleep with teenagers, because we all believe that they shd either be in school or serving their parents at those ages

1 Like

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by 1Sharon(f): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Quality20:
maybe they don't want to be criticized by Yoruba and southern press/NGOs in general. And besides,times have changed, nobody wants a wife who can't take care of herself these days.
You know here in the south its even an abomination to marry or sleep with teenagers, because we all believe that they shd either be in school or serving their parents at those ages

You really think a poor hausa family has stopped selling their underage daughter to give themselves less mouths to feed? undecided

And Southerners aren't in a position to take the moral high ground.

Northerners marry underage girls, southerners sleep with them

Nobody's a saint undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by eteebanky: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Who told you they stopped, dy play

I really hate the hausas for creating ALMAJIRI, it is really causing a lot of problems for them

I'm convinced that all this bandits, terrorists in north are originated from Almajiri

May God heal their land

How I wish we southerners separate from the northerners to create our own country

Make northerners go join Niger republic

1 Like

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by talk2hb1(m): 3:18am On Oct 05, 2023
Anything to throw shade at every other tribes, most of what you know are based on propaganda and lies
Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Birniwa(m): 3:25am On Oct 05, 2023
Of all the things disturbing things in this country, this is what this mumu OP finds a trouble in his life.

FYI, Hausa people comprise of some 80 million people in this country, even if what you're alleging happens every second, how would you know a single occurence of it? You being a nonentity that barely makes name in his neighbourhood.
Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Typing: 5:23am On Oct 05, 2023
Olawade24:

Na Igbo People dey marry underage Girls most.

Re: Why Did Hausa Men Stop Marrying Teenage Girls? by Quality20(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2023
Typing:

Na Igbo People dey marry underage Girls most.
underage girl child marriage in the south east! I find it really hard to believe this. Where was Oby Ezekwesili and her likes when all these were happening?

(1) (Reply)

Men Should Stop Having Random Intimacy In This Bad Economy / The Height Of Indiscipline Is Allowing Your Self Get Fat Or Remaining Fat / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.