Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates (57328 Views)

Why Is It That Most Ladies Don't Want To Date Or Marry Their Age Mates? / Good Men Marry Bad Girls, Bad Girls Marry Good Men / My Friend Takes Pleasure In Sleeping With Small Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by ikorodureporta: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Dr Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of African Development Bank (AfDB), has appealed to men who marry underage girls to marry women whose ages complement theirs.

According to him, child marriage was one of the serious gender-based violence being meted out to girls in many African countries. Dr Adesina was speaking at a meeting of the Organisation of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD) in New York. “Marry your own age mates and leave our girls alone,” he said.

He said the situation has led to a vicious cycle of poverty and dependence for millions of women and girls on the African continent.

Dr Adesina explained that education was the antidote to child marriage and added that girls should be allowed to go to school and complete their education instead of getting married.

He commended African first ladies for ensuring that the value chain of girls and women empowerment came into fruition.

He was, however, of the view that this value chain was being distracted by men through early marriage, gender-based violence and the lack of economic empowerment for women.

Source: https://allure.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/akinwunmi/

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by jerryunit48: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Correct one o , at least the age difference no suppose too much

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by paiz: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by ikorodureporta: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
so someone who is close to 40 shl marry his age mate??

152 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
i dont believe in that

for men it is better to marry someone you can mode and tame to the woman you want

believe me, you dont want a wild horse in your house

My age mate are untamable so i better go for someone fresh and young.

250 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by majamajic(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
if u are 60 and u marry 18
on your wedding silver jubilee u be 85 while she is 43

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Educharles(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
cool
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Magnoliaa(f): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Or rather marry your 'mental age mate.'

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Magnoliaa(f): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
ikorodureporta:

What is wrong with that?

If they click.......

-----

I don't understand why people don't get to make allowance for varieties when it comes to things like these.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by lilmonarch(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

What is wrong with that?

If they click.......

-----

I don't understand why people don't get to make allowance for varieties when it comes to things like these.
menopause

48 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Magnoliaa(f): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
lilwetdick:
i dont believe in that

for men it is better to marry someone you can mode and tame to the woman you want

[b]believe me, you dont want a wild horse in your house

My age mate are untamable so i better go for someone fresh and young.[/b]

Are you speaking for all men @bolded? What do you mean by a 'wild horse' here, also?

You can't change people. Especially against their wish and for yourself. It's inhumane.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Magnoliaa(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
lilmonarch:
menopause

Like I said, varieties. And different things to consider.

You are not in the head of anyone neither are you directing their 'mental processes.'

If you feel/think menopause is an issue, then avoid older women.

It works for others.

A relationship (going into it) can be for so many other things than for child-bearing and other superficial things people expect and make it to be.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by lilmonarch(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

You are not in the head of anyone neither are you directing their 'mental processes.'

It works for others.

A relationship (going into it) can be for so many other things than for child-bearing and other superficial things people expect and make it to be.
I'm curious to know those other things that supercedes childbearing in marriage miss Magnoliaa

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Magnoliaa(f): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
lilmonarch:
I'm curious to know what those other things that supercedes childbearing in marriage miss Magnoliaa

Make your own findings.

I didn't say 'supercede,' btw.

18 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by cooooooks(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Age is a number but being viscerally against marrying your age mate is stupid.

I still don't understand the supposed benefits of marrying pikins.

However, I can't talk too much because I, for the first time, am attracted to someone significantly younger. embarassed embarassed embarassed

ikorodureporta:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by lilmonarch(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

It works for others.

while i don't expect anyone to go into marriage for procreation alone, i'm curious to know those other things that supercedes procreation in marriage miss Magnoliaa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Charleys: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
There's no such thing as a 35 year old sweet pus5y.

cry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by BetWinners(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ladies over 24 are a complete no-no for me angry
Lord knows at the age of 76 I will still be gbenshing 18year and 19year olds tongue

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by visijo(m): 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
If your boyfriend is not spending money on you it means he's saving money to marry you. Be patient men are good people

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by myfan: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
True that

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Kokaine(m): 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
lilwetdick:
i dont believe in that

believe me, you dont want a wild horse in your house

My age mate are untamable so i better go for someone fresh and young.

its all about character sha. Because even a young one can get wild after a while

10 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
If Aisha can make it with Buhari, you too can

meanwhile
A brother needs a 25 years old virgin for a very important prayer . He just need her to make some declarations (prayers) for him as requested by the prophet. He's willing to pay #20,000.
No physical contact needed. She just have to say the prayers in her location by mid night and that's all.
Pm me if you are interested.
FYI He's a Christian and very willing to provide all his details if you are in doubt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by Toks2008(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
ikorodureporta:

No mind am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by ntyce(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hope Ned Nwoko is reading?

12 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina: Stop Marrying Small Girls; Marry Your Age Mates by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
I won't do that. Marrying my age mate will make people mistake her for my mum. I will get tired correcting people that she is my wife not my mum.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How My Uncle Destroyed His Family! / What Happened To A Newly Married Couple In My Car Yes / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.