Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,596 members, 7,851,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This (17035 Views)

Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by online4business: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
OhiOfIhima:

I just have two things to tell you... One, your agreement say a yearly tenancy, for you to have paid twice, that mean they consider ur plead which is out of agreement. If they want you to give up the possession, they( the landlord n his lawyer) re to give you a quit notice just b4 or immediately after d expiration of ur tenancy which happens to b January 2024. With that, they will give you a period of 6 months to seek for another apartment. That QNotice they served is invalid, just keep ur mind at rest, if they like, let them go to court. Don't even stress urself to get the service of a lawyer, just get ur agreement and ur payment receipts intact, if you're summon at the court, go with confidence... Surely, the court will favour you.
Secondly, for the damages, zero your mind bcoz you might not have it back again. You're to have it back if nothing went wrong in d apartment but as you're saying they are coming for an inspection, they must find out to overturned the damage paid. Good luck bro...
No be so e be ooo legalese some lawyer use is that once you fail to pay in full(means you have breach the tenancy agreement)=right to give you qnotice.

Lawyers are as cunning as fox.
Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by christoranky(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2023
Honestly speaking, some landlords are wicked... Since I bought a vehicle in my compound... I've never known peace. Today they'll ask me to park it there... Tomorrow the same person will ask me to park it here, it got to a level where I now decided not to repark it again. They've given me quit notice which I don't bloody care... By God's grace I'll pack out before my rent is due. Majority of Landlord and Land landy in Lagos are inhuman.
Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by goldmatrix(m): 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Consult a lawyer and get to court..
Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by Rinoxy: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
TruthDefender:
Someone can't pay measly 550k rent and people are advising he gets a lawyer. Won't he pay the lawyer and at the end he will still move out of the house ?

@OP, the only option is to look for a cheaper affordable accommodation and move.

Avoid trouble at all times
550k rent isn't measly please.
Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by mfm04622: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hanndye:

Bro, follow this link:
https://lawpadi.com/evict-tenant-lagos/

I have checked the link. There is no where were it is stated that a landlord need a reason to evict a tenant!
If there is, please show me.

Thank you
Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by Hanndye: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2023
mfm04622:

I have checked the link. There is no where were it is stated that a landlord need a reason to evict a tenants!
If there is, please show me.

Thank you
Did you see any of these where you checked?

Re: Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This by mfm04622: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hanndye:

Did you see any of these where you checked?

1. These are REASONs why the landlord can start eviction process. Does what you are quoting said the Landlord is required to inform the tenant the reason he is being evicted?
2. So, which of these is hard for the landlord to claim? Remember the tenant has broken the terms of the tenancy agreement by paying twice instead of once.
So, the law does not require the landlord to inform the tenant why he is being evicted. Even if there is need for that, informing the tenant he want to use the property is enough. Or it is not?
So you re saying if the tenant is a trouble maker that pays his rent on time and abide by the agreement, the landlord is forced to be his landlord? As long as proper notice is served, the tenant can be evicted.
LoL!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Duplex Plan Design / Fire Outbreak At Ire Akari Estate, Soka In Ibadan (Photo) / Things To Know Before You Hire An Architect In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.