Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa (10083 Views)

5 Categories Of Bloggers In Nigeria. Which One Are You? / 10 Powerful Secrets Of Successful Bloggers Exposed! / Top Bloggers In Nigeria 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa by ndubisik(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2013
The problems bloggers face in Nigeria, and Africa in general are so many. For one, the idea of "niche" is now cliche. Everybody, including newbies, want to be the next big thing in so short a time. We are a very creative people but we fail to use our creativity in business, blogging not excluded.
Another problem for starters happens to be the HIGH cost of internet fees and LOW power supply. You don't expect an undergraduate like me to spend huge amount on 3g services, talkless of our 4g which is some people's EDGE overseas.
Many blogs out there are over saturated with rehashed content we have seen over and over again, reason being that they believe the new methods won't work. Like I always say, "don't try to conform to the standard, instead aim to be the standard."
Also, we start out as newbies, hoping to remain there and attain the heights of "problogger". Imagine a blogger using ..com and telling me it doesn't matter the platform you use ? Don't make me laugh. Don't even try to give me examples of the likes of Linda Ikeji. Ever heard of one-hit wonders ?
The fact still remains, if you want to achieve "success" in blogging, treat it as you would any offline business. Thanks
By the way, I'll be launching my blog soon. Expect the unexpected (lol..what else can a 16 year old say ?)
Re: Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa by ndubisik(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2013
The problems bloggers face in Nigeria, and Africa in general are so many. For one, the idea of "niche" is now cliche. Everybody, including newbies, want to be the next big thing in so short a time. We are a very creative people but we fail to use our creativity in business, blogging not excluded.
Another problem for starters happens to be the HIGH cost of internet fees and LOW power supply. You don't expect an undergraduate like me to spend huge amount on 3g services, talkless of our 4g which is some people's EDGE overseas.
Many blogs out there are over saturated with rehashed content we have seen over and over again, reason being that they believe the new methods won't work. Like I always say, "don't try to conform to the standard, instead aim to be the standard."
Also, we start out as newbies, hoping to remain there and attain the heights of "problogger". Imagine a blogger using ..com and telling me it doesn't matter the platform you use ? Don't make me laugh. Don't even try to give me examples of the likes of Linda Ikeji. Ever heard of one-hit wonders ?
The fact still remains, if you want to achieve "success" in blogging, treat it as you would any offline business. Thanks
By the way, I'll be launching my blog soon. Expect the unexpected (lol..what else can a 16 year old say ?)
Re: Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa by jtenna: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2013
ndubisik: The problems bloggers face in Nigeria, and Africa in general are so many. For one, the idea of "niche" is now cliche. Everybody, including newbies, want to be the next big thing in so short a time. We are a very creative people but we fail to use our creativity in business, blogging not excluded.
i really love ur contribution. R u really 16? Anyway, another tin is dat nigerians dont love themselves, they hoard valuable info from enthusiastic n hardworkin fellows. D few who make it blogging dont want 2 share their secrets. For me, blogging will always remain a passion n i will go to all d ends of the earth to gather more info n get better at it. Feel free 2 check out my blog. Its all about celebrating creativity n innovations www.hotlatestproducts.com
Re: Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa by ndubisik(m): 1:32am On Dec 07, 2013
j.tenna:

i really love ur contribution. R u really 16? Anyway, another tin is dat nigerians dont love themselves, they hoard valuable info from enthusiastic n hardworkin fellows. D few who make it blogging dont want 2 share their secrets. For me, blogging will always remain a passion n i will go to all d ends of the earth to gather more info n get better at it. Feel free 2 check out my blog. Its all about celebrating creativity n innovations www.hotlatestproducts.com

Thanks so much sista. Yes I'm 16 yrs old( wonder why that's surprising..lol) . The point you made is a very interesting one. Most bloggers don't like giving out their secrets. I really don't know why that is so. I like your spirit,with the kind of passion you display in your words. Nice one dearie
Re: Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa by jtenna: 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
ndubisik:

Thanks so much sista. Yes I'm 16 yrs old( wonder why that's surprising..lol) . The point you made is a very interesting one. Most bloggers don't like giving out their secrets. I really don't know why that is so. I like your spirit,with the kind of passion you display in your words. Nice one dearie
thanks dear and you are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Web Designers In Nigeria (Contact Details) / Top 5 Online News Blogs In Abuja And Rating / PEER TO PEER,MATRIX,MLM & SPORT Websites Expert In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.