Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,878 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want (2261 Views)

Which Northern States Do You Think Peter Obi Can Win? / Ayo Opadokun: IPOB Members Fighting For Their Rights, They Are Not Rebels / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2023
sukkot:
its just how God has created it to make everybody honest is by creating opposing forces

igbos vs yorubas
serbs vs croats
boers vs zulus
tutsi vs hutus
african americans vs whitey
republicans vs catholics
etc etc

Igbos don't have issues with Yorubas

We've never!

All hatred is coming from SW no cap

The fact no Yorubas were disturbed or attacked in SE tells alot about you lots

Imagine being called Igbo because you look fresh

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2023
BATified2023:
u ain’t cowards but a man from faraway Finland can tell u not to go out n u dare not try it

Igbo n bravery shouldn’t b in d same line

Let me tell you people support sit at home that's it!

Most people here in SE are self employed

No body is being bullied whatsoever

We are showing solidarity to MNK

I think it's not anyone business

His cause is a just one simple!
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2023
sukkot:
take that same energy to fight ikpeazu and abaribe and ekweremadu etc.
You're a tribalist

I'm not expecting anything reasonable from you
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by BATified2023: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Let me tell you people support sit at home that's it!

Most people here in SE are self employed

No body is being bullied whatsoever

We are showing solidarity to MNK

I think it's not anyone business

His cause is a just one simple!
what about people being killed on Monday with their shops burnt?

Is that the definition of “not bullying”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by vanitybutiwanti: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2023
Rayban26:
Theres really no way just classify your foolishness Op. I didnt read your Gibberish writeup because I already know what it contains
In your mind you still think this is a yoruba vs igbo matter? Nigerians were willing to accept Osinbajo as their president until tinubu reared his ugly head and didnt allow Osinbajo get there. Let that sink in. Because how do people choose between criminals like tinubu and Atiku? Make una rest.
you'd have not voted for osibanjo, stop gaslighting people here, we are not kids

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Abufo: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2023
sukkot:
they know one man can’t perform miracles and they also know their man won’t perform miracles. This is a little unspoken secret which I will let out, ndigbo only want their man in power for BRAGGING RIGHTS. That’s all. Nothing more nothing less. Just for bragging rights. You see the Igbo culture is predicated on bragging. It’s a culture that is deep rooted in bragging and trying to show off. This why they all try to build mansions in the village to show off. Even watching the man and seeing how he moves it’s all about showing off and displaying expensive cars and basically it’s a culture where the need to get the ego stroked constantly by showing expensive things is a never ending quest. It’s all about bragging and hedonism. And trying to get an Igbo president is just another way to make a lot of noise and brag when it happens. The fact that they cannot brag that the strongest and most powerful man in the land is an Igbo man is a constant source of irritation to them and the source of the strong desire for biafran agitation. The Biafra agitation is because they don’t have that bragging right to shout that the strongest man in the country is an Igbo man, which there is nothing wrong in being a braggart, we can accommodate your character flaws just as you accommodate ours but at least present us with a viable Igbo person as president then you can then have 8 years of bragging and noise making . We would happily give you that but it seems you are hell bent on getting this bragging rights at the expense of our countries future by presenting us with a man who ran anambra into the ground. The man will run the country into the ground. Try and post phone your desire to brag about an Igbo president till you present somebody like okonjo iweala. So truthfully igbos don’t really want a great country and neither do they think a great country can be achieved from the presidential seat, all they want is an Igbo president so they can satisfy that undying Igbo desire to brag. It’s all a quest to satisfy the desire to brag . To nurture the ego and the pride. Nothing more , nothing less

No .....you all want Ebola escobar for his competence and integrity.............the problem is that you cannot fathom an Igbo man ruling Nigeria....imagine an okoro calling the shorts in naija, that will be over their dead bodies......I say one mighty AMEN to that!
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2023
BATified2023:
what about people being killed on Monday with their shops burnt?

Is that the definition of “not bullying”

You also have seen several times our brothers beat up or even kill those trying to bully people into doing what they don't want

Several so called mischief makers have been lynched by the public not once not twice

But as for the sit at home it's 100% voluntary action

Like I said before alot of people here are self employed

Including myself

We've always shown our commitment against vices when we want

When mkpụrụ mmiri came our people went all out to beat up and tackle the issue effectively in our way

Sit at home is civil commitment
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Rayban26: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
you'd have not voted for osibanjo, stop gaslighting people here, we are not kids

Normally you dont deserve a response but I'll just tell you that we are not hypocrites like you tribalistic lots. We sane Nigerians vote competence irrespective of tribe as like as they have what it takes. You dont mind a criminal being your president as long as he is from your tribe because you think he will bring power and resources to the west and in your gullible minds you think you will benefit from him. I laugh at you...shey all the money he is currently looting for his cabinet and family you have benefits there abi?

When buhari was in power what did he even do for his home town? You people are not wise. I meant what I said. If you have a problem with that go to third main land bridge and do the needful

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Justiceleague1: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2023
akmaw:

I'm really surprised. Most of this people live and thrive well in Yoruba land. Why do they hate Yorubas so much?
Please shut up,you guys are very annoying! Who hates the yorubas?!

I am SS from Edo and I hussle in Lagos and God has been merciful and good,how then,how the hell can I now wake up and say I hate the yorubas?!
People show their disdain towards certain people at any given time especially in politics when a certain people for example choose to foist a certified failure like buhari on everyone!

The right thinking people all over the country blame you yorubas for that,which is very true.

A Benue friend once to me some time last year that the north now refer to us in the south as "those southern fools!"..and that's cos they feel disappointed over the choices we have been making.

In Nigeria, only the Igbo people are vocal enough to voice out their grievances but you people are like crabs,who always makes sure nobody climbs out to safety.. kilode!!!?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Justiceleague1: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2023
Rayban26:

Normally you dont deserve a response but I'll just tell you that we are not hypocrites like you tribalistic lots. We sane Nigerians vote competence irrespective of tribe as like as they have what it takes. You dont mind a criminal being your president as long as he is from your tribe because you think he will bring power and resources to the west and in your gullible minds you think you will benefit from him. I laugh at you...shey all the money he is currently looting for his cabinet and family you have benefits there abi?

When buhari was in power what did he even do for his home town? You people are not wise. I meant what I said. If you have a problem with that go to third main land bridge and do the needful

They are very unwise and foolish indeed..they foisted a known failure like buhari on everyone and they still have shameless guts and mouth to talk about other people.
I used to think the op was one intelligent young fella,never knew he is just a roadside quack

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by DMerciful(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Everybody knows Soludo does not like Obi so he is biased. If you'd quoted Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, it would have made sense.
richie240:
Lolz.. ..this same 'obi' right?
grin
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Airlord2030: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Please shut up,you guys are very annoying! Who hates the yorubas?!

I am SS from Edo and I hussle in Lagos and God has been merciful and good,how then,how the hell can I now wake up and say I hate the yorubas?!
People show their disdain towards certain people at any given time especially in politics when a certain people for example choose to foist a certified failure like buhari on everyone!

The right thinking people all over the country blame you yorubas for that,which is very true.

A Benue friend once to me some time last year that the north now refer to us in the south as "those southern fools!"..and that's cos they feel disappointed over the choices we have been making.

In Nigeria, only the Igbo people are vocal enough to voice out their grievances but you people are like crabs,who always makes sure nobody climbs out to safety.. kilode!!!?
yorubas are westerners and not south.. We don't need any southern rubbish..

We will support who ever we like.. You southerners can support who you like too
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by DMerciful(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Delegates!!! The Delegates vote for who'll give them dollars. Who did the masses vote for?

Stop being mischievous
richie240:
Osigini??
cool
(
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by DMerciful(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
Like i said, you like going back and forth. Do what pleases you
sukkot:
he was the best at what ? What’s his track record ?
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Afamed: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
DMerciful:
Delegates!!! The Delegates vote for who'll give them dollars. Who did the masses vote for?

Stop being mischievous

Umahi is our choice in the east , not your Pandora fraud who siphoned Anambra money into his family business.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by jogojogo: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Anyone who ask for better governing is termed a hater

You lots are pathetic

Igbos are by far the most outspoken

You're taking side with people wey no send your papa

May God bless ndi Igbo

Others enabling bad government will suffer the most

Igbos aren't cowards we'll speak up anyday anytime
Please charity begins at home. You can't give what you don't have. Ask for good governance at home first, then we take you serious
No be only good governance na good good

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by DMerciful(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2023
Then vote for Umahi
Afamed:

Umahi is our choice in the east , not your Pandora fraud who siphoned Anambra money into his family business.
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by MountHoreb: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2023
The same way your people foolishly voted for Buhari who later became a colossal failure. You people again voted for a she-male, an international drug lord, certificate forger 🤣. Hide your face in shame and keep quiet forever.
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Meagainstthem: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Who classed Nigeria? cheesy

You mean the street beggers

And those who can be identified by poverty Last election grin that have turned rice bandits now? cheesy

Explain what you mean by class grin

I mean onion bandits are third class citizen,are you onion bandits?yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Meagainstthem: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Una wey dey rule since how has Nigeria faired?

Atleast we've turned some people to cannibalgrin That's an achievement

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by stuffs2002: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2023
Rayban26:
Theres really no way just classify your foolishness Op. I didnt read your Gibberish writeup because I already know what it contains
In your mind you still think this is a yoruba vs igbo matter? Nigerians were willing to accept Osinbajo as their president until tinubu reared his ugly head and didnt allow Osinbajo get there. Let that sink in. Because how do people choose between criminals like tinubu and Atiku? Make una rest.

1. sukkot was 100% correct
2. You hate the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by stuffs2002: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2023
fx45:
First and foremost, you need to learn how to write properly with paragraphs and punctuations so your post can be readable.

Back to your topic, no matter how bad Peter Obi is, he will be 100x better than the disaster called Bola A Thubv. He has ruined whatever is left of the Nigerian economy. The Naira is gone and never coming back again.

I wonder what exactly your post is all about.

You talk out of deep hatred and envy

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by stuffs2002: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Anyone who ask for better governing is termed a hater

You lots are pathetic

Igbos are by far the most outspoken

You're taking side with people wey no send your papa

May God bless ndi Igbo

Others enabling bad government will suffer the most

Igbos aren't cowards we'll speak up anyday anytime

Speaking from the point of envy, hatred and bitterness will not get IIGB0S anywhere in this country.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by stuffs2002: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
DMerciful:
My point is Igbos supported Obi because he was the best. Even if he goes to AA party, Igbos would still have voted for him. There are other Igbos but non is as competent, upright like Peter Obi.

You guys said Igbos are a slave to PDP for 20yrs, we left PDP yet you're still complaining

That is why us Northerners always laugh at the ridiculousness of IIGB0S

Deep in your heart of heart, you know Obi is a disaster but tribalism and BIGOTRY will not let you accept.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by richie240: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
So if the IGBO delegates, who are supposed to be IGBO representatives, (ie ur fathers), don't believe in igbos and decide to trade your collective destinies for atiku's dollars, whose fault is dt Biko? Yorubas? Hausas?
cool
DMerciful:

Stop being mischievous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by richie240: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2023
'Nigeira bureau of statistics' ko, 'ipob bureau of statistics' ni. grin
Obaino too did not like obi, okwea?
grin
DMerciful:
Everybody knows Soludo does not like Obi so he is biased. If you'd quoted Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, it would have made sense.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by yommen: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2023
fx45:
First and foremost, you need to learn how to write properly with paragraphs and punctuations so your post can be readable.

Back to your topic, no matter how bad Peter Obi is, he will be 100x better than the disaster called Bola A Thubv. He has ruined whatever is left of the Nigerian economy. The Naira is gone and never coming back again.

I wonder what exactly your post is all about.

We judge people based on past performance and not on assumption and promise. Tinubu's performance as governor is far beyond what Obi could have even aspired as a governor. When Soludo assumed office, he said it that there was nothing to show for Obi's governance, no legacy whatsoever. That is in addition to Anambrarians' complaint about him way back in 2012.

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by stuffs2002: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2023
DMerciful:
Then vote for Umahi

Isn't it tribalism when you are quick to approve an Igbo man just because he is Igbo. Is Umahi the only good minister in this present cabinet? Why should you not pick Wike, after all he is also a good minister and doing a very good job.

Igbos condem Wike but praise Umahi while the rest of Nigerians see both Wike and Umahi as very good ministers.

Umahi is a good person and very sound and dedicated engineer but we Nigerians will never vote him as long as he is Igbo because voting an Igbo man into power no matter how good he is is a very dangoueous thing as they are mostly not logical people and filled with hate, BIGOTRY and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2023
jogojogo:

Please charity begins at home. You can't give what you don't have. Ask for good governance at home first, then we take you serious
No be only good governance na good good
🤡🤡🤡🤡🎈

South west is a cesspit!

SE I way better!

Quote me anywhere!!!!
Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2023
Meagainstthem:

I mean onion bandits are third class citizen,are you onion bandits?yes or no?

You mean the beggars of life place!

Rice bandits!

1M+ out of school children roaming your streets

Ya in nairaland clowning 🤡🤡🤡

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by Neckpresser101: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
stuffs2002:

Speaking from the point of envy, hatred and bitterness will not get IIGB0S anywhere in this country.

You only Envy who's Better than you

No body envies brown roof dwellers and riec bandits

Per capita no tribe come close being Economically viable than Igbos

You people are full of hate we no send Una papa

You people are just beginning to steal rice and plantain

Calm down!

Who envies a tribe that identifies themselves by poverty tongue

Re: Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want by anungangampu: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2023
akmaw:

I'm really surprised. Most of this people live and thrive well in Yoruba land. Why do they hate Yorubas so much?
Lol' you guys are indeed sophisticated. Nobody was complaining of tribalism till a set of people came out to tag their own because they look like igbos on election day.
It's barely one year and the story has been spinned around almost 360 degree.
You had end Sars' ' they immediately called it attack against yoroubas.
LAGOS ELITE voted a competent president' they called it calming of land.
It's yet one year' you guys are now saying its igbos who started it.

One thing I know is Igbo have the capacity to sustain attacks as long as possible. This is what yoroubas lack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ICPC Deploys Operatives To Monitor Elections In Bayelsa, Imo, Kogi / They're Disappointed: No Chaos In SE During Xmas! / Seun Employed Fergie001 As One Of The Moderator On Politics Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.