Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) (2385 Views)

How Israel Was Created - Aljazeera Documentary (video) / This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / Lying In State Of The Holy Communion Children In Sri Lanka Bombing(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Kseeker: 10:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
That it’s sworn to destroy Israel? That it’s a terrorist group, proscribed both by the United States and the European Union? That it rules Gaza with an iron fist? That it’s killed hundreds of innocent Israelis with rocket, mortar, and suicide attacks?

But did you also know that Hamas — which is an Arabic acronym for “Islamic Resistance Movement” — would probably not exist today were it not for the Jewish state? That the Israelis helped turn a bunch of fringe Palestinian Islamists in the late 1970s into one of the world’s most notorious militant groups? That Hamas is blowback?

This isn’t a conspiracy theory. Listen to former Israeli officials such as Brig. Gen. Yitzhak Segev, who was the Israeli military governor in Gaza in the early 1980s. Segev later told a New York Times reporter that he had helped finance the Palestinian Islamist movement as a “counterweight” to the secularists and leftists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and the Fatah party, led by Yasser Arafat (who himself referred to Hamas as “a creature of Israel.”)The Israeli government gave me a budget,” the retired brigadier general confessed, “and the military government gives to the mosques.”

“Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel’s creation,” Avner Cohen, a former Israeli religious affairs official who worked in Gaza for more than two decades, told the Wall Street Journal in 2009. Back in the mid-1980s, Cohen even wrote an official report to his superiors warning them not to play divide-and-rule in the Occupied Territories, by backing Palestinian Islamists against Palestinian secularists. “I … suggest focusing our efforts on finding ways to break up this monster before this reality jumps in our face,” he wrote.

They didn’t listen to him. And Hamas, as I explain in the fifth installment of my short film series for The Intercept on blowback, was the result. To be clear: First, the Israelis helped build up a militant strain of Palestinian political Islam, in the form of Hamas and its Muslim Brotherhood precursors; then, the Israelis switched tack and tried to bomb, besiege, and blockade it out of existence.

In the past decade alone, Israel has gone to war with Hamas three times — in 2009, 2012, and 2014 — killing around 2,500 Palestinian civilians in Gaza in the process. Meanwhile, Hamas has killed far more Israeli civilians than any secular Palestinian militant group. This is the human cost of blowback.When I look back at the chain of events, I think we made a mistake,” David Hacham, a former Arab affairs expert in the Israeli military who was based in Gaza in the 1980s, later remarked. “But at the time, nobody thought about the possible results.”

They never do, do they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7grSsuFSS0?si=mXN_3LYU4nsEHMGW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by verraV: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Make I just pass
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Kseeker: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
verraV:
Make I just pass

I urge you to understand bott sides with an open mind to find out the truth
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Thundafireseun: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nah dem sabi
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by CoronaVirusPro: 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2023

Fvck Israel!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by EmirofAfonjaz: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
REVDESMONDJUJU
OHUDEALER
MagicBishop

You are now saying ISRAEL created HAMAS? I thought you were hailing HAMAS at the beginning and cursing ISRAEL.

You opened almost 14 thread daily at the onset, but now you have changed to another moniker to spin your Worthless uncircumcised taqqiya headslamming pig rants AGAIN? You have failed. What we know is this HAMAS will DIE...and still DIE in spirit.

No Cap!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Northernblood7(m): 11:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Where is Hebrahim the terrorist supporter cheesy cheesy cheesy wink 😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Kseeker: 12:56am On Oct 12, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
REVDESMONDJUJU
OHUDEALER
MagicBishop

You are now saying ISRAEL created HAMAS? I thought you were hailing HAMAS at the beginning and cursing ISRAEL.

You opened almost 14 thread daily at the onset, but now you have changed to another moniker to spin your Worthless uncircumcised taqqiya headslamming pig rants AGAIN? You have failed. What we know is this HAMAS will DIE...and still DIE in spirit.

No Cap!

im sure this post isnt relevant with this post. the post is concerned about the jewish state created HAMAS AND BICKFIRED IT
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by DesChyko: 6:05am On Oct 12, 2023
Just like a rich folk land expensive properties to create envy/desire in a thief, then hires security outfits to keep them out right?
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by cjudy(m): 6:30am On Oct 12, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvck Israel!

You’re still crying and fvcking Israel?

Meanwhile Israel don fvck you up and down wotowoto

As I taste your tears, Omo it’s very sweet and I enjoyed.

Can you do me a Favour? Cry more please and fvck Israel more

1 Like

Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by orisa37: 6:46am On Oct 12, 2023
YOU MEAN HEBROGENTILE? HAMAS FORCED HIM TO RESURRECT.
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by misreal(m): 6:55am On Oct 12, 2023
If they created Hamas,the let them kill it..
A servant is not greater than his master
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by EmirofAfonjaz: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2023
HAMAS will be killed brutally...even their Supporters will be killed brutally for supporting EVIL and encouraging death of others. ISRAEL is a divine entity and the death of her enemies in all corners of the Earth is Ordained in the Spirit. angry

Kseeker:

im sure this post isnt relevant with this post. the post is concerned about the jewish state created HAMAS AND BICKFIRED IT
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by EmirofAfonjaz: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2023
cheesy

cjudy:

You’re still crying and fvcking Israel?

Meanwhile Israel don fvck you up and down wotowoto

As I taste your tears, Omo it’s very sweet and I enjoyed.

Can you do me a Favour? Cry more please and fvck Israel more
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Shinjawest: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2023
Head slammers are very stupid set of people...

Always blaming people for their stupidity..

Now they are not blaming American for creating Isis and Taliban...

Soon they will claim that Christians created bokoharam..

Stupid black abduls
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Truthday: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
Shinjawest:
Head slammers are very stupid set of people...

Always blaming people for their stupidity..

Now they are not blaming American for creating Isis and Taliban...

Soon they will claim that Christians created bokoharam..

Stupid black abduls

I expected you to come with evidence that Israel didn't support Hamas
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by Shinjawest: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Truthday:

I expected you to come with evidence that Israel didn't support Hamas

Then let Israel kill the hamas they created....

Don't feel pity for hamas

Hamas are bloody terrorists

Let's join heads together and pray for Israel to kill all hamas terrorists
Re: How Israel Went From Creating Hamas To Bombing It. (pics) by meobizy(f): 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
What are the scores as of today?

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Living In Europe Ruin The Reputation Of Their Country / Why Africa Is Poor? / Hilarious! China Erects A Dog Statue That Looks Like Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.