Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu (20070 Views)

Where Yoruba And Igbo Peoples Meet - Ugbodu, Delta State. / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / Igala Language In Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2011
^
You are busying claiming to be from Edo state, yet your Igbanke (Ika)brothers who are already in Edo state are crying everyday about how they want to leave Edo state.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by pazienza(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2011
agbotaen:

many people seems to think language is what makes a person to come from a particular tribe, but in reality language can change due to wars, migration, business and trade , drought and migration of other people.
2. you will also have to look at a Peoples culture, way of life religion and arts to know who they are.
3. then a people have to tell you who they are by themself ,they need no outsider
4. all the tribe in nigeria as it stands today are creation of the british, around 200 years ago,there was no yoruba or hausa or igbo tribe, what you have were groups and villages or towns, but as the british came many groups wanted political power so they formed political unions caLLED tribes or ethnic groups and alligned.
5. formerly we did not have ijo tribe ,what we had was kingdoms like opobo , brass  etc, but they later united
6. formerly there was loseness in tribal afiliation,but after the british came it became iron clad , you are either edo or igbo or ijaw.
7.  it is not language only that brings a tribe together ,but shared ancestory and a common goal, yorubas are tied mainly by believe that they are children of oduduwa, that is their ralying point, i am an ika man  what rallying ancestor do i have with some one from igboland ?
8. ika people are diverse but majority of them believe that benin is the land of their ancestors .so this benin issue joins ika together like our kingship, culture and way of life that is tied to benin , although there are some  ika cultures that are from igbo, but the ones from benin are more ancient and deeply respected like the igue festival celebrated by the oba of benin and ika monarchs like agbor, owa, umunede, abavo and some  others.
9. we acknowledge our igbo heritage by some names which our people bear like nduka,emeka and others,but we also know that all our fore fathers names or family names are edo names like in my family from owa , these are some of my ancestors names igbedigi, ozolua, ewuare,omigie,ovwiagbon, ugbebor,agbontaen,ohormi, ojezua,osuhon  and others  coming way down from about 800 years or so .
10.  our language the ika language which have been assulted and has undergone lots of changes due to pressure from neighbouring towns that are not ika,and the british govt, we are now trying to salvage it,so that it will not detoriorate beyond where it is today.
11. after careful analysis we know that ika language is a mix of edo and igbo,plus indigenous languages,. i know some will disagree,
12.   igbo words ------------------------------------------------
1.   eka-  hand
2. onu- mouth
3. imin- nose
4. nti-  ear
5. uku- leg

13.     edo words in ika
1.  okpan-----------plate
2.palmoil-  ofingbon
3. bell  ----adza
4. aza----------  bank
5. ukpe-----------light
6. oldwoman------odede
7.oldman--------------edionma

words   that are indegenous to ika
1.  saka----------------------   i  can
2. masaka----------------------------  i  cannot
3. egilegbeshi--------------------   is it true
4.  eshi--------------------  true
5. erira-------------------it is

so  in  making sentences you will find a string of both igbo and edo words like-
1.   okpoho  ni  lalani  ri  a du ihian ile ikpa wu aduaran , onyen saka kwondon  e   no  bihia kor    a   -----------------------------------this woman that is punching every body is a giant who will hold her and not let her go .
2.   dodo  wehe ni nedi m ,ofungbon hun ri imen okpan ri mmughe odede------------------  please take the palm oil that is in the plate in my mothers room to my father
3. oken-oba  ni  lalani kikeni    ,siko da  shia nim  eri   imen ogua ogiso  -----------------this  old man that is coming is going to stand as a witness for me at the kings court.

so  that is how ika language is strung together now as there are some edo and igbo words joined to  make a sentence , but we know which words are igbo and those that are edoic.

the present king of agbor , he no  longer uses obi title , but is called dein of agbor is kiagborekuzi , his fathers name was ikenchuku gbenoba,his was was obika gbenoba, and obikas father was aigbobu,and if you trace back again you will see names like agbonzegbe, igbenijie,akina as agbor rules in ancient times , so  this are still benin names.so the present king name is kiagborekuzi and family name is gbenoba.
       these are some of the names of the kings that have ruled owa kingdom----------------------------edogun/odogun, igbedigin,ewuare, ozolua, orghogbua, okundaiye, obaigbena and the present one is efeizomor (these are all bini names)
         but the point is that ika people are their own people .

Bia, kedu onye mepe gate ndi ara?
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 2:19am On Nov 20, 2011
pazienza:

Bia, kedu onye mepe gate ndi ara?

LOL, e di kwa funny, mana ihea e kwuru bu eziokwu
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
let me also abuse you in my native ika ,owa dialect,
onu wu ebon igbo wu oseka le obolo,
uhuki ke le idoboro ke gi onu gbe ali ,
uloro e bi hia kor onu , agbon onu ,gha itebite jen itebite,
iseh.
i leave you to figure out what it means , one thing i have found out is that many igbo people are too sentimental and they get iritated when you dont follow their line of arguement, is it by force to claim to be igbo , if majority of ika people say they are ikas what is your business.
as any forced marriage leads to trouble, and hatred , what many igbo people cannot remove themselves from is that language does not show that you belong to an ethnic group ,as trade ,war, or inter marriage can make a people adopt any language at a time, i have looked carefully at ika and igbo world view and i have seen that they are different.our psychology is not same, but i do know we share some things in common, so also we share some things with edo people ,but we have evolved to become ika people.
as for the person talking about igbanke , yes they want to come to delta state because the ika areas in delta state is more developed , but is delta igboland ? the answer is no , it is a state made up of many people and different tribes. there was a time in edo or old midwest /bendel state when igbanke was enjoying facilities under samuel ogbemudia because of his affiliation to igbanke , so government come and they go, is the east or igbo land developed too ? the answer is that there are many areas too that are not developed.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2011
agbotaen:

iseh.
i leave you to figure out what it means , one thing i have found out is that many igbo people are too sentimental and they get iritated when you dont follow their line of arguement, is it by force to claim to be igbo , if majority of ika people say they are ikas what is your business.
as any forced marriage leads to trouble, and hatred , what many igbo people cannot remove themselves from is that language does not show that you belong to an ethnic group ,as trade ,war, or inter marriage can make a people adopt any language at a time, i have looked carefully at ika and igbo world view and i have seen that they are different.our psychology is not same, but i do know we share some things in common, so also we share some things with edo people ,but we have evolved to become ika people.
as for the person talking about igbanke , yes they want to come to delta state because the ika areas in delta state is more developed , but is delta igboland ? the answer is no , it is a state made up of many people and different tribes. there was a time in edo or old midwest /bendel state when igbanke was enjoying facilities under samuel ogbemudia because of his affiliation to igbanke , so government come and they go, is the east or igbo land developed too ? the answer is that there are many areas too that are not developed.

nna agboaten the bolded part of your argument makes no sense, I as an oshimili man know that igbos dont have the same history, culture, world view etc, I have cousins that are ikwerre that will not fit your typical igbo man from say nnewi, Likewise those part of igbo land close to akwa-ibom and calabar have different history and world view associate with that area,

We know that most of us in delta state have ancient ties to benin and therefore our world view will be defnintely different from an igbo man from inside inside awka,

So when i see an ika man lump all igbos into one basket i feel like smacking his damn head, Matter of fact Ikas should please go and joing igbanke in edo state ah ah (Inferiorty complex)

Ignorant people like you keep acting that there is just one igbo identity (that is fallacy in the highest order)

2 Likes

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2011
^
Sometimes I just wish they were all locked up inside Edo state. It's really annoying how they lump everything east of the Niger as one. They just seem to know nothing.

No group of people are Igbo in the first place, the name is a collective term.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by pazienza(m): 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
agbotaen:

iseh.

Walahi,if i get this my gateman that allowed you out,i will sack him.

Seriously,solomon when are u going to get tired of this your copy and paste crap,everbody except you is tired of them.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by pazienza(m): 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
mbatuku2:

^
Sometimes I just wish they were all locked up inside Edo state. It's really annoying how they lump everything east of the Niger as one. They just seem to know nothing.

No group of people are Igbo in the first place, the name is a collective term.

Thank you.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
you are the ignorant ones trying to lump ika people together with igbo,when many of them dont want to ,so please go and learn and stop classifying ikas as igbo, and for you mr aniocha ,what is your business with majority of ika peoples stand or are you also ika ? those that want to be igbo should be igbo and those of us that want to be ika should be ika, after all i did not clasify any one as igbo, but i know those who are ika.it is you igbo people that keep bringing the issue up, even if giving a million naira ,i dont want to be igbo, i just want to be ika.
as for the aniocha man ,i know you are lost , if igbanke say they want to join ika in delta ,did they say they want to join aniocha ? they know those who are their family. or is delta state now igboland?
it is people like you that is not allowing anioma to make progress because you always want to impose your igboness on others in that region and you know that there are yoruba in okwunzu, ugbodu, igalas in evbu and edo and others ,and when this people come up to say where they are from you igbo cheap propagandist shout them down,but not so for ikas we have a huge population and we are also strong politically so you cant shout us down.
any body trying to impose an igbo agenda on the whole of anioma will meet a brick wall as we will fight and also sensitise our people and they will take a stance like they did in 1967 .
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2011
Agboaten stop acting like an illitereate, so because an ijaw man's name is william hunter (which is totally english), he speaks in english, writes in english, goes to church, observe christmas etc therefore he is white?

Now nobody is denying the influence of the Benin empire on surrounding peoples and just because some of your culture point to benin, you have some benin words in your language or you have some benin culture doesnt stop making you igbo,

You keep on saying ANIOMA, what is ANIOMA? do you know what ANIOMA is? who came up with this phrase? idiot na so one of my agbor friend will say I am agbor. I guess an abeokuta man is not yoruba he should say he is abeokuta,

ANIOMA has no historical relevance in case you dont know, I as an Oshimili man would rather join igbos across the Niger than to belong to some senseless made up body/organization called Anioma (unless na to create a state but not as a name of my people)

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2011
that is your business ,i am ika , and i know anioma was created in 1950,by denis osadebe , it is a political group,but my ethnicity is ika and you can kill your self with your stupid igbo propaganda , i rather follow any one else than igbo, you know why you guys are just too arogant and you have no respect for others ,
there is nothing in this world that will make me igbo. and we have never said we are binis either , its just that you are too sentimental to read what any one who is not going along with you say, and for your information delta north is made up of edo related people, igala, yoruba ,and igbos so if you want to impose you igboness let it stop in aniocha area, because i know you wont bring it to ika area.this theory have failed initially and it will continue to fail, the first trial was during the civil war and it failed.
ika people did not beg to form anioma, it is asaba people and their related brothers that formed it and begged others to join ,and i can remember that dennis osadebe acknowledged that anioma region was made up of different ethnic groups including ika,bini, ukwani, yoruba, igbo, igala and others ,but because we live in same region we should unite for our political progress and if today it is about igbo agenda it will fail,and that is why ukwani and ika people are not too keen on anioma agenda.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2011
agbotaen:

that is your business ,i am ika , and i know anioma was created in 1950,by denis osadebe , it is a political group,but my ethnicity is ika and you can kill your self with your silly igbo propaganda , i rather follow any one else than igbo, you know why you guys are just too arogant and you have no respect for others ,
there is nothing in this world that will make me igbo. and we have never said we are binis either , its just that you are too sentimental to read what any one who is not going along with you say, and for your information delta north is made up of edo related people, igala, yoruba ,and igbos so if you want to impose you igboness let it stop in aniocha area, because i know you wont bring it to ika area.this theory have failed initially and it will continue to fail, the first trial was during the civil war and it failed.
ika people did not beg to form anioma, it is asaba people and their related brothers that formed it and begged others to join ,and i can remember that dennis osadebe acknowledged that anioma region was made up of different ethnic groups including ika,bini, ukwani, yoruba, igbo, igala and others ,but because we live in same region we should unite for our political progress and if today it is about igbo agenda it will fail,and that is why ukwani and ika people are not too keen on anioma agenda.

kill my self shocked i like manya and straffing so why would i wanna kill myself? dont make no sense, hw bout killing yourself cos u are mad that i call u igbo grin

Nothing in the world will make you igbo? you are already one idiot, if u are confised go and ask Yorubas to tell u who you are,

Asasba people formed anioma and begged others to join shocked you have finally proved your daftness, so dem beg una to join and here i was thinking that it was at gun point angry very stupid ika boy u are, you voluntarily joined something and now u are talking thrash, anuofia

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Kc3000: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^^^lmao lol lol. . . .igbo boy, guy u are just too gangsta cool
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2011
@kc3000 Keeping it 100 always, Oshimili representer here, I personally feel ika should be carved into Edo state #justsaying

2 Likes

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2011
igbo boy:

@kc3000 Keeping it 100 always, Oshimili representer here, I personally feel ika should be carved into Edo state #justsaying

Agbontan and his likes, should be the ones deported to Benin. In the real world, majority of Ikas see themselves as Igbo, I always make a point of duty to ask every Ika I meet online and offline what ethnicity they feel they are, and all the ones I've asked said Igbo(I was even suprised that there's a huge population of Ikas living and feeling at home in the South-East).

So, it's unfair to generalize the good people of Ikaland because of the action of one deluded Ika man called Solomon Omogie.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
there are also millions of igbos living in lagos ,and thousands living in ika land too , so stop your crap.
i am ika , and that is all i want to know , i am not interested in being an igbo progandist.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 6:30am On Dec 09, 2011
you dont have to be a propagandist, like i said go and meet hausas and Yoruba they will gladly help an okoro like you know who you are (slice u real good like suya) effing IKA, I want IkA to so phocking join edo, Oshimili and the rest form an Anioma state and then we have more like minded people

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
the problem you igbo propagandist have is that you are still suffering from the civil war disorder , ok , i know oshimili and aniocha suffered from terrible holocaust, but ika did not suffer this , so sorry ooh, you people always think like this -they are against us mentality ,always ready to fight , if you hate hausas very much and you hate yorubas , so why are there millions of igbos in yoruba and hausa land? why do igbo women marry hausa and yoruba men, but ASABA was made capital by a northern inlaw called babangida.
all i want to know is ika ,and the interesting thing is that we do not need a majority tribe to succeed,and ika people are making progress in every field and they are just ika, obaigbena described himself as an ika from a small ethnic group in delta,when he was interviewed by new york times last year.
every year we have annual ika lecture and discurssion by ogua/onu ika -our highest socio-cultural group and chief fortune ebie has just handed over to sunday usifoh as new ika national leader.
LET ME ,greet the obi of owa ( obi iselogbe ooo) , on the upcoming igue festival that will be held towards this month end, this festival was first celebrated in owa ,about 500 years ago by obi aigbogidi orhogbuwa , this festival was first celebrated by oba ewuare ,the oba of benin.
agbogidi iyare,
ojenebo iyare,
agwo ekirika iyare,
ogiso iyare .
i wish our obi ,many more igue festival , iselogbe .
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by AndreUweh(m): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
agbotaen:

the problem you igbo propagandist have is that you are still suffering from the civil war disorder , ok , i know oshimili and aniocha suffered from terrible holocaust, but ika did not suffer this , so sorry ooh, you people always think like this -they are against us mentality ,always ready to fight , if you hate hausas very much and you hate yorubas , so why are there millions of igbos in yoruba and hausa land? why do igbo women marry hausa and yoruba men, but ASABA was made capital by a northern inlaw called babangida.
all i want to know is ika ,and the interesting thing is that we do not need a majority tribe to succeed,and ika people are making progress in every field and they are just ika, obaigbena described himself as an ika from a small ethnic group in delta,when he was interviewed by new york times last year.
every year we have annual ika lecture and discurssion by ogua/onu ika -our highest socio-cultural group and chief fortune ebie has just handed over to sunday usifoh as new ika national leader.
LET ME ,greet the obi of owa ( obi iselogbe ooo) , on the upcoming igue festival that will be held towards this month end, this festival was first celebrated in owa ,about 500 years ago by obi aigbogidi orhogbuwa , this festival was first celebrated by oba ewuare ,the oba of benin.
agbogidi iyare,
ojenebo iyare,
agwo ekirika iyare,
ogiso iyare .
I have always said that you are a no brainer, a thread about Olukumis is now diverted to Ika via you. You hardly make any contribution in any thread, even about Olukumis in your state. How come you are not intelligent enoough to know about this group. If I may ask, what else do you do for a living apart from spreading falsehood?.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2011
agbotaen:

agbogidi iyare,
ojenebo iyare,
agwo ekirika iyare,
ogiso iyare .

Yea oshimili was devastated during the war and ika land to a large extent was not (we know why ok, poosie ika)

you are a plain daft ika man, so if my in-laws that celeberate easter and christmas does that make them jews, whites etc?

Quinceañera is popular in the latino world, does that make them spanish? No, As we all know the SPanish nation had immense influence on their colonies to the point that in mexico you dont even have their native languages anymore, everything is spanish.

Now the western igbos had influence from Benin that is not disputable, (I am glad we in oshimili still know our roots sha), no doubt we adopted some of their customs duh!!! However, I agree with you though that Ika should not join the larger igbo peeps in Delta state, join your kinsmen in igbanke Edo Biko

When I compare some oshimili traditions i find it to be totally different from my mothers family in Rivers state whose traditions are 360. Infact oshimili is closer to customs apart from our kin in delta state, maybe onitsha apart from that no other igbo land closely relates to us, Igbos dont have one homogeneous culture; go and see ikwerre, go and see oshimili, go and see Ika, go and see an Nnewi man go and see ngwa man man all different because it is based on their geopgraphy and interactions with their neighbors, ikwerres have long interactions with the riverine peoples, we in delta state under Benin influence, Abia man with his ibibio/efik peeps, enugu with his igala and so on and so forth.

you mentioned a couple of festivals wiith Benin themes thinking that makes u one of them hahahahaha,
i guess the hausas are feeling like arab cos they dress like them, have first and last name that are arabic and celeberate eid tongue

Hmm good luck jonathan must be from the west cos he wears a cowboy hat and has a non african name #sillyikaboy

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by agbotaen: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2011
well no ika man has ever claimed to be benin, so also no proper ika man can claim to be igbo, i am ika that is all i know ,and as for the olukunmis they have every right to say their ancestors were yorubas , i had known this for long ,because i am from delta , i am not from accross the niger , and i am not an igbo propagandist who always want to shout people down , i have carried out my own research and i know that olukunmis are yorubas from ondo area who later got mixed with other people .so they have every right to say who they are , if they say they are yoruba so be it and if they say they are not so be it , as for me ,i am ika and that is all. those igbos who are still deluded to believe that all delta north is igbo area , they can go on i their delusion , but i know when it is time for critical decisions these kingdoms will decide where and who they want to go with .
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
Have you become the mouthpiece of Olokumi speakers?

You believe that Olokumi speakers are 'yoruba'. Why yoruba? Why not Olokumi ethnic tribe, according to your ideology here?

You sure want to see Igboland divided, dont you?
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by Ngodigha1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
mbatuku2:

Have you become the mouthpiece of Olokumi speakers?

You believe that Olokumi speakers are 'yoruba'. Why yoruba? Why not Olokumi ethnic tribe, according to your ideology here?

You sure want to see Igboland divided, dont you?
Well said,
That baboon called Agbontaen is an enemy of progress. What an ediott he is.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by aribisala0(m): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
Personally i do not believe that there is really such a thing or perhaps i should say WAS, as YORUBA before the British /Nigeria. If indeed there was it certainly would not include most of the people now called yoruba.Being yoruba is is a useful survival/competitive device within the confines of Nigeria. Those other so called Yoruba groups outside Nigeria do not call themselves Yoruba .
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by aribisala0(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
I see they have not unbanned you grin grin
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by tpia5: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2011
aribisala0:

Personally i do not believe that there is really such a thing or perhaps i should say WAS, as YORUBA before the British /Nigeria. If indeed there was it certainly would not include most of the people now called yoruba.Being yoruba is is a useful survival/competitive device within the confines of Nigeria. Those other so called Yoruba groups outside Nigeria do not call themselves Yoruba .

you should stick to Igbo matters.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by aribisala0(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
tpia@:

you should stick to Igbo matters.
perhaps you haven't noticed.

i do NOT respond to anything you say. I will make an exception on this occasion just to be sure you know!!
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by odumchi: 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
Let's cool down with the insults and try to tolerate each other. I don't want to lock this thread.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2011
odumchi:

Let's cool down with the insults and try to tolerate each other. I don't want to lock this thread.

for your mind u be MOD shocked

agbotaen:

well no ika man has ever claimed to be benin, so also no proper ika man can claim to be igbo, i am ika that is all i know ,and as for the olukunmis they have every right to say their ancestors were yorubas , i had known this for long ,because i am from delta , i am not from accross the niger , and i am not an igbo propagandist who always want to shout people down , i have carried out my own research and i know that olukunmis are yorubas from ondo area who later got mixed with other people .so they have every right to say who they are , if they say they are yoruba so be it and if they say they are not so be it , as for me ,i am ika and that is all. those igbos who are still deluded to believe that[b] all delta north is igbo area [/b], they can go on i their delusion , but i know when it is time for critical decisions these kingdoms will decide where and who they want to go with .

I agree with you on this one, not all delta north is igbo area, Ika for one are not igbos, (they dont even know who they are, lost souls), and I know that some parts of delta north/anioma region that border urhobo/isoko areas are not exclusively igbo,

I know for sure though that Oshimili is 100% igbo cant speak for other Delta North areas though.

1 Like

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by AndreUweh(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2011
igbo boy:

I agree with you on this one, not all delta north is igbo area, Ika for one are not igbos, (they dont even know who they are, lost souls), and I know that some parts of delta north/anioma region that border urhobo/isoko areas are not exclusively igbo,

I know for sure though that Oshimili is 100% igbo cant speak for other Delta North areas though.

Please do not regard Ika people as non Igbo because of agbontaen. That will be an insult to Ogbuefi and other proud Igbo people of Ika. Agbontaen is fighting a lost battle.
Ekeresimesi oma nwannemadu.
Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by odumchi: 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2011
What's this supposed to mean?

igbo boy:

Re: Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu by igboboy1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
odumchi:

What's this supposed to mean?

bros na joke i dey , just dey tease u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help With Ibibio Translations Please. / 32 Crowned Obas In Ibadan Is Just A Joke Carried Too Far — Olubadan / A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.