Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? (2798 Views)

Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / 8 Ways To Identify A Lady That Is Not Broke. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by paradise00(m): 12:10am On Oct 23, 2011
My lady can not even understand demostration not talkless of speaking , Oh God help me out !!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by r231(m): 12:11am On Oct 23, 2011
where is she from undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by omega25red(m): 12:11am On Oct 23, 2011
is there a common language btwn the two of you like english?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by lindabon: 1:33am On Oct 23, 2011
OP, pele
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Flygeriana(m): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2011
Why wont I marry a lady that cannot speak my language?

I cant speak my girlfriend's language, tho, she can speak mine but I nothing will ever stop me from marrying her.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Flygeriana(m): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2011
OP, if language would prompt u not to marry a girl, then I'll advice u to date ONLY girls from your tribe.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by InkedNerd(f): 1:43am On Oct 23, 2011
@OP: Yes, I can marry someone who doesn't speak my language or the language of my family. Like my papa always says, "Language is no man's monopoly". Although language is very much a part of culture, I think its a trivial reason to not marry someone.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by BABE3: 1:48am On Oct 23, 2011
paradise00:

My lady can not even understand demonstration.

Demonstration asin Sign language? Is she hard of hearing? Visually challenged? What exactly is wrong with her?

How come this is just becoming a problem for you? What was the means of communication during the period of "toasting"? How did she become your lady?

Or is 'demonstration' the name of a language I've never heard of? 
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by InkedNerd(f): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2011
BABE!:

Demonstration asin Sign language? Is she hard of hearing? Visually challenged? What exactly is wrong with her?

How come this is just becoming a problem for you? What was the means of communication during the period of "toasting"? How did she become your lady?

Or is 'demonstration' the name of a language I've never heard of? 

lol, good questions--especially the first line grin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 23, 2011
Teach her, stop complaining jare.

If she's not willing to learn, stick to English.

If language is a big thing for you, simply dump her. I know how hard it is to change to English just for her in a group where you guys normally speak your language.

I understand your dilemma sha, because I love speaking my language at any opportunity given.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 1:57am On Oct 23, 2011
Prime Time.

O to ijo meta ooo. Se dada le wa? A ti miss yin
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 23, 2011
ora, ore mi.

hmm hmm, emi na ri nau. Mo ri bi aaro mi se so e. tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 2:03am On Oct 23, 2011
^^^^

Lol. Se akada tin lo dada? Se "A's" le tin fun wa? Se mo pe awon omo ekiti mo iwe ooo. Ki e ma disgrace awon omo ekiti ooo.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:04am On Oct 23, 2011
But she have the rest of what you need in wife materials. E.g Barcelona, Manchester, Camp Nou (Bed jacking) Cooking. If she posses all this thing.

English na small thing. . .You Can get her all those Macmilliians books like. . . Ali and Simbi, Edet live in Calabar, Eze goes to school, Obi and Nneka

and Ilesanmi For writing skills.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 23, 2011
Lax75:

^^^^

Lol. Se akada tin lo dada? Se "A's" le tin fun wa? Se mo pe awon omo ekiti mo iwe ooo. Ki e ma disgrace awon omo ekiti ooo.

aha this is an example of stereotype threat huh?
Mii le disgrace ile baba ati iya mi nau. akada n lo dede, ti e siko?
Mo rin irin Israeli leni sha lol.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by BABE3: 2:09am On Oct 23, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, good questions--especially the first line grin

smiley You ran away yesterday.  undecided

seedord247:

If she posses all this thing. English na small thing. .

How do you know the problem is her not being able to speak English? You too dey jump.

seedord247:

. . Ali and Simbi, Edet live in Calabar, Eze goes to school, Obi and Nneka and Ilesanmi For writing skills.

Lol. Nostalgia.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:12am On Oct 23, 2011
BABE!:

smiley You ran away yesterday.  undecided

How do you know the problem is her not being able to speak English? You too dey jump.

Lol. Nostalgia.

Aunty . . .  I just dey yawn my own ni oooo.

why did you said my sandal look like Moses type?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by BABE3: 2:19am On Oct 23, 2011
seedord247:

Aunty . . .  I just dey yawn my own ni oooo.

why did you said my sandal look like Moses type?

Biko, stop calling me "Aunty".  grin I'm pretty sure you're older than me.

Your sandals? Have you seen any 'Moses and the Israelites' movie? If you haven't, go and see one. Make sure you focus your vision on Moses' shoes. 
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by ShyOne(f): 2:24am On Oct 23, 2011
@ Poster

Get her a tutor - THAT ISN'T YOU.

I now have tutor - a Yoruba tutor who is tutoring me and teaching me Yoruba grin

yayyyyyy!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:25am On Oct 23, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Poster

I now have tutor - a Yoruba tutor who is tutoring me and teaching me Yoruba grin

yayyyyyy!!!

You must be in Nigeria by now abi . . . . I can also help you in Pidgin if you like.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 23, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Poster

I now have tutor - a Yoruba tutor who is tutoring me and teaching me Yoruba   grin

yayyyyyy!!!

Ki    lo n ko e?

Can you understand that? I can help you small by posting to you on NL in simple Yoruba if you're interested.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 2:31am On Oct 23, 2011
BABE!:

Biko, stop calling me "Aunty". grin I'm pretty sure you're older than me.

Your sandals? Have you seen any 'Moses and the Israelites' movie? If you haven't, go and see one. Make sure you focus your vision of Moses' shoes.

Babe Mi.

He needs the Staff to go along with those sandals and the robe oo. Gba be!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by BABE3: 2:34am On Oct 23, 2011
Lax75:

Babe Mi.

LOL.

Lets free Seedord abeg. He's on his lane. grin

What's the meaning of your signature by the way? I'm curious.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:36am On Oct 23, 2011
Lax75:

Babe Mi.

BaBa Ijeshaa.

Summer never end ooo . . . . . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 2:42am On Oct 23, 2011
BABE!:

LOL.

Lets free Seedord abeg. He's on his lane.  grin

What's the meaning of your signature by the way? I'm curious.

It means in simple terms, "i no send you."

You see this gateman wey dey call your Uncle Baba Ijesha?

Bobo tin wa ija mi ni ale yi. Hmmm. Ok.

The internet is a leveler and free for everyone. Even olodes (hunters).
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by ShyOne(f): 2:43am On Oct 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ki    lo n ko e?

Can you understand that? I can help you small by posting to you on NL in simple Yoruba if you're interested.

No I don't understand

I start Monday - He is emailing me my lesson plan tomorrow and we start on Monday.  I need to be able to know what is going on around me in Lagos when I arrive.

That is great!  thank you for offering yourself to me - yes I need your help - please post simple Yoruba to me - I am very much interested.

Are you a man or a woman?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:44am On Oct 23, 2011
BABE!:

[color=#000099]LOL.

Lets free Seedord abeg. He's on his lane.  grin

You better look for a way to replace all those your lost hair . .  before you know it your lil sis friend will be kneeling down for you thinking you are her Grandma
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 23, 2011
@Shy

^^^ woman lol. Ouch!

I'll pop in here once in a while just for you. Goodluck learning. Its a tricky language.

Think about it, when you understand (even if only 50%), you'll be able to understand 90% Nigerian music.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 2:47am On Oct 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

aha this is an example of stereotype threat huh?
Mii le disgrace ile baba ati iya mi nau. akada n lo dede, ti e siko?
Mo rin irin Israeli leni sha lol.

Heya,

Eku ise oooo. Mo trust yin. Over here, ko si much oo. A n' ti jeje. Boring weekend.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by ShyOne(f): 2:48am On Oct 23, 2011
Sorry Ileke-Idi - my apologies - it just isn't listed on your profile - but I see your picture now - you are definitely a woman.  I didn't look at your picture before I asked.

please - help me - that would be good if you can help with simple Yoruba.  I love languages so I should be ok with help from others.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by Lax75(m): 2:49am On Oct 23, 2011
Shy-One:

No I don't understand

I start Monday - He is emailing me my lesson plan tomorrow and we start on Monday.  I need to be able to know what is going on around me in Lagos when I arrive.

That is great!  thank you for offering yourself to me - yes I need your help - please post simple Yoruba to me - I am very much interested.

Are you a man or a woman?

Sister Shy,

Be sure to have him teach you all the dirty freaky words tooo. Or Auntie I.I. can teach you that so you can use it to blow his mind. Haha!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Speak Your Language: ? by seedord247(m): 2:50am On Oct 23, 2011
Lax75:

It means in simple terms, "i no send you."

You see this gateman wey dey call your Uncle Baba Ijesha?

Bobo tin wa ija mi ni ale yi. Hmmm. Ok.

The internet is a leveler and free for everyone. Even olodes (hunters).

I was almost taking a Nap but your reply slap me in back.

how many years have you been washing Dishes for Mcdonald?

Plz don't tell me it's almost a decade. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At 34years She Said She Won't Do It Until We Are Married / Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? / Sex Before Or After Marriage Which One Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.