Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? (2802 Views)

Is This An Insult Or What?! / Insult Or Compliment? / Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:15am On Jul 14, 2012
Hi guys,
Do you expert a woman to payback a loan made to her while you were dating, after you break up?
I really would like to hear your views. If you lent your girlfriend money, do you expect her to pay you back after you break up? Or would you be offended if your ex suddenly pays you back every cent you have ever given her?

A friend wants to payback a loan to her ex but insist on giving him back even the money he gave her?

Is this an insult or an honourable thing to do?
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by omega25red(m): 2:54am On Jul 14, 2012
loan part i can understand. Because a loan is a business transaction. The part of all the money he ever gave her has some deeper meaning. He probably always threw the fact that she had no money in her face or he must have really pissed her off.

The truth is the guy would not and shouldn't be insulted because she is mad and wants to give him all the money he ever spent on her. If anything he should be happy because they are broken up, he got his money which means good riddence to bad shlt.

As for the girl, the guy can never say anything about her ever again becuase she has just put him in his place and he can't claim that he did anything monetary for her
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 14, 2012
Paying back the loan is definately a must,but paying back all money ever spent doesnt make sense and seems to show how hurt she was.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by tobechi74: 5:30am On Jul 14, 2012
A LOAN IS A LOAN AND SHOULD BE PAID BACK EVEN IF THE TWO ARE STILL DATING......my dad borrows from mummy and pays back.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by ayobase(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2012
If I can recall, this case has been dealt with properly!
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:40am On Jul 14, 2012
ayobase: If I can recall, this case has been dealt with properly!
Not sure i get you. You mean in another thread?
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2012
And what about interest on the loan? She says he never requested it but she would want to pay it too.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2012
talina: Paying back the loan is definately a must,but paying back all money ever spent doesnt make sense and seems to show how hurt she was.
She is hurt bt more so she feels her pride is dented and is totally disgsted with him.She says she feels that maybe the loan made him take her for granted.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:52am On Jul 14, 2012
My thoughts were that maybe she still likes him so needs a way of redeeming her pride becouse of the way they parted. Which she is very disappointed with. And if she still likes him and does pay everything back she might alianate him further becouse he might feel insulted and would never consider recinciliation. But she say no she is over him?
I am not convinced she is.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by ayobase(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2012
sweetcheecks:

There was a related thread!
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Mynd44: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2012
sweetcheecks:
Yes it has been dealt with
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Natasha2(f): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2012
If it was a loan then it should be paid back, there are no sentiments in business , Even married people borrow from each other and pay back.However paying back every cent someone spent on you makes no sense, its a big insult. I mean when they gave the money to you, you were in need and probably couldn't even pay back even if you were asked, now all of a sudden you want to pay that back. its in this kind of cases I wish one could turn the hands of time, I bet if he asked her for every cent he spent on her few years back she wouldn't be able to give nada. grin
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2012
@OP: INCASE HE DSNT COLLECT IT BACK... TELL UR FWEND TO SND IT TO ME!!... Mumu fwend vwi soon she wud ask him 2 giv her all the smooches n kisses bck. Mtcheeew!
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by cog1: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2012
IMHO,that lady is yet to get over the guy in her subconcious
And is only acting up to make the guy look guilty or feel bad somehow.
Tell me,if this is not the case.
Fine,you borrowed money & on the basis of that you want to
Repay your loan.
Now on what basis are you giving back all other money,when the
Guy in question never asked for total refund of money he didn't loan you?!
I feel its a cheap way to draw attention to oneself.
If I were the guy,I'll reject everything plus the loan refund,afterall
Money gets lost sometimes,maybe falls out of a pocket,pickpocket,etc
I'll regard it as one of those.
While she's at repaying both asked and unasked,she shouldn't forget
To refund all the hours out of his time on earth which the guy spent on her!!!!!
Blessed day
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
@OP
if you friend want to give back ALL the money she received from this guy then she should do JUST THAT. who cares how a person feels or not, if thats what she desires to do?
i could certainly understand a woman doing this so that there is no talks of what this guy has "done for her".
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Mynd44: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
But seriously, if to Her the honourable thing to do is returning all his money, then by all means let her. It is a personal thing.
As for the loans, you have to pay it back nah. That's what differentiates it from a favour
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
^^^^ but bro, should it really matter how the generous ex feels or thinks?! if this lady WANTS to hand over the money to him then she should do so, regardless of what the ex thinks (let him deal with his own issues).
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by shizzle11(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2012
Op ehm no vex'o. So she wants to return everything abi? Ok. Is she also going to collect all the 'coochie' wey d guy don chop abi him no chop punny ni

Anyway as per loan, why not
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ but bro, should it really matter how the generous ex feels or thinks?! if this lady WANTS to hand over the money to him then she should do so, regardless of what the ex thinks (let him deal with his own issues).
My point exactly
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by shizzle11(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2012
On a serious note, for she to say she wants to return the money, i think its a slight on the guy. Will she also return the abstract moments they had together No matter how hard she tries she cannot erase his memory from her life and that's a hard fact, whatever led to their break up, i don't see any reason why she wants to denigrate him with this action, she should learn to live with .
Alas the guy has nothing to loose so if she throws the money back at him, let him gladly accept it and move on, good riddance...who knows
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
shizzle11: On a serious note, for she to say she wants to return the money, i think its a slight on the guy. Will she also return the abstract moments they had together No matter how hard she tries she cannot erase his memory from her life and that's a hard fact, whatever led to their break up, i don't see any reason why she wants to denigrate him with this action, she should learn to live with .
Alas the guy has nothing to loose so if she throws the money back at him, let him gladly accept it and move on, good riddance...who knows

the abstract moments you are talking about was something they SHARED TOGETHER, not something that was handed to her as a gift........but if she wants to hand over all the material gifts she got from this guy, in order to erase any physical memories of this guy from her life, then so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by ODB1: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
[size=20pt]she must return my money
return my money
I dont care
every penny[/size]
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yes it has been dealt with

please foward thread url. Would like to check it out. Thanks
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
cog1: IMHO,that lady is yet to get over the guy in her subconcious
And is only acting up to make the guy look guilty or feel bad somehow.
Tell me,if this is not the case.
Fine,you borrowed money & on the basis of that you want to
Repay your loan.
Now on what basis are you giving back all other money,when the
Guy in question never asked for total refund of money he didn't loan you?!
I feel its a cheap way to draw attention to oneself.
If I were the guy,I'll reject everything plus the loan refund,afterall
Money gets lost sometimes,maybe falls out of a pocket,pickpocket,etc
I'll regard it as one of those.
While she's at repaying both asked and unasked,she shouldn't forget
To refund all the hours out of his time on earth which the guy spent on her!!!!!
Blessed day

You mean hours they shared? She was present remeber also spending her time with him. angry
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by sweetcheecks(f): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
O.D.B.:
[size=20pt]she must return my money
return my money
I dont care
every penny[/size]

Ooo you sound very affected dear. Did they do this too you as well? Sorry!
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ topic
Depending on the loan amount involved, i may deserve to waive it. . . But returning every cent i gave her? That's an insult!
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by ODB1: 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Ooo you sound very affected dear. Did they do this too you as well? Sorry!

No. I bounced with half her stuff in the middle of the nite
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by esere826: 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
sweetcheecks: Hi guys,
Do you expert a woman to payback a loan made to her while you were dating, after you break up?
I really would like to hear your views. If you lent your girlfriend money, do you expect her to pay you back after you break up? Or would you be offended if your ex suddenly pays you back every cent you have ever given her?

A friend wants to payback a loan to her ex but insist on giving him back even the money he gave her?

Is this an insult or an honourable thing to do?

Definitely return the loan

As for 'paying back' every other money!! Was the relationship a transaction?

I feel really irrated when ladies scream about equal rights, and how their guys must zip their pants, but yet make 'collecting of money' from men a strong feature of their relationships as this case shows.

Don't you understand that this leads to a power differential in relationships fuelling male behaviour, and the degenerate way men perceive women generally.

I mean if we are talking of the lady returning money (apart from the loan) here, how come the guy is not also returning something tangible like money, shirts etc ?

Obviuosly she wasnt giviving any thing tangible, .. probably just se.x and cooking. ....shame, shame
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2012
Key word = Loan.
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by 190: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
was the loan given to her after a s[i]e[/i]x marathon

if yes then she should return the money and the guy should return the marathon

everyone's happy undecided
Re: Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? by Mynd44: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
sexkillz: @ topic
Depending on the loan amount involved, i may deserve to waive it. . . But returning every cent i gave her? That's an insult!
That might be the reason why she wants to return everything. To insult the guy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Find Out What Kind Of Woman Belongs To Men Zodiac Sign / Choose Your Skin Color(photo) / What A Man Needs Is SUBMISSION not SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.