Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians (9646 Views)

Nationwide Hardship: These Challenges Are Temporary, Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians / Obj Stop Forming Better Person You Contributed To Our Pains. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
The Federal Government has reassured that the pains being experienced by Nigerians over the recent removal of fuel subsidy will be temporary.

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Alhaji Mohammed Idris gave the assurance in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.

He explained that it was obvious that the ultimate benefits of the removal of the subsidy would be reaped by the common man.

Idris said it was regrettable that only few people were, hitherto, benefitting from the subsidy regime, adding that the few were enjoying the common wealth of the entire country at the expense of the majority.

“So, President Bola Tinubu said he would not be part of that. He stands with the majority of Nigerians. Although the removal will be painful at the beginning, it will be better for all of us at the end,” he said.

The minister explained: “Fuel subsidy removal is like the pregnant woman due for delivery and in labour; when she is in labour pains, she will feel and prefer she never had the opportunity to bear a child. However, after the child is delivered, then the woman will hold her baby, smile and becomes the happiest woman in the world.

“I think, that analogy can be applied to this issue of fuel subsidy removal. So, the pains will be temporary, but at the end, we will be better for it; that is what President Bola Tinubu believes in, and that is what he is preaching”.

The Minister recalled that within the first few months of Tinubu’s administration he allocated funds to the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory for palliatives to cushion the effect subsidy removal.

“This is because Tinubu believes that the state governors are people who know their terrains very well. He also made available assorted grains and fertilizers to help cushion the immediate concerns of Nigerians about the removal of fuel subsidy. I can assure you that in the long run, Nigeria will be better for it,” Idris said. (NAN)
https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/16/subsidy-removal-our-pains-are-temporary-fg-to-nigerians/

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Milecent(f): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
After all the suffering
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by socialmediaman: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
Just give it to Nigerian politicians abeg.

They know how to destroy and still somehow convince Nigerians that it was for their good

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by slivertongue: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
rubbish talk from a palliatives govt

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
All the economic indices since the removal of this fraudulent fuel subsidy they have been perpetuating in the past 8 years all points to woeful endings for the downtrodden masses while these criminal burgeoning class continue to live in annoying stupendous opulence.

Meanwhile, the "pains are temporary while govt goes on borrowing spree. Borrowing to fund budget, borrowing for families living below poverty level, IMF asking government to borrow in dollars to save naira. Are these not going to plunge us into more pain?"

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
Meanwhile,

On January 1, 2012, former President Goodluck Jonathan abruptly ended fuel subsidies, sparking the Occupy Nigeria protest.

Occupy Nigeria was an anti-subsidy removal campaign, which was later propagated to unseat Jonathan and his People’s Democratic Party (PDP). It was also one of the corridors through which the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was installed.

Some of the leading protesters, all APC supporters, now hail the decision to eliminate subsidies as significant and advantageous for the Nigerian people. Ten years ago, this rationale was widely contested.
APC ‘Occupied Nigeria’ in 2012. What Changed Now That Tinubu Has Removed Subsidy
https://fij.ng/article/apc-occupied-nigeria-in-2012-what-changed-now-that-tinubu-has-removed-subsidy/

9 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by GanagiBitrus: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
Just like "Very soon, ₦1 will be equal to $1".

I expected some kind of specific time frame for Nigerians to endure.
Because "Temporary" could mean till year 2099.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Ofunaofu: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
It's five months now, and they keep saying that the sufferings is temporary.

The good thing about this is that those who supported, encouraged and enthroned this calamitous Tinubu government are also in pains

35 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by wittywriter: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
FG or BAT/BAAT?...ok so the poor/average masses should endure sufferings from your incompetence and anti-productive policies whilst you live large on their taxes paid and the free mineral resources...on top you get juicy allowances and monthly salaries without having to spend a dime for anything whatsoever you need as you stay in office .
VAGABOND IN POWER !

CodeTemplar:
Our pain?
The pain has map and constituency o... Lol

Thundafireseun:
grin
The same way they said Dangote refinery will commence July

Abeggg I no wan laugh grin

Ausmos:
While you squandered 390 million Naira within just a week with nothing to show for it. Temporary my foot.

CodeTemplar:

Stop trolling with senseless posts based on accusations of party affiliation.

Myer:

Wittiness is supposed to mean application of Wisdom and Understanding for Good/Sound judgment/decisions. An irony of your Wittyness.
Until you understand the effect of fuel subsidy as obtainable in Nigeria due to corruption, you will not appreciate the future effect of the removal of the fuel subsidy.

The journey from the past misappropriation and the future good (if properly appropriated) cannot be wished away.
We have to endure a short suffering. I believe by next year we will begin to enjoy the dividends of the fuel subsidy removal as well as other economic and financial policies being implemented.
If you know economics and financial experts, they know the implications. Unbiased expert judgment/analysius is what you need to understand all what Nigeria is going through presently.

This administration is an answer to several years of prayers both on federal nd state levels. Only give them time and pray for them.
God has indeed remembered Nigeria.

With the definition you wrongly attached to my moniker I knew you are ignorant which also reflects on your support for incompetent leaders...continue to live in your ignorant suffering whilst your leaders live and spend in affluence !
Your leaders can't suffer but want you lots to.

Wittyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by MXrep: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Story
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Urheadmaster(m): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
Give it a year first and see if it is temporaril or inheritance tongue
Ofunaofu:
It's five months now, and they keep saying that the sufferings is temporary.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
Our pain?

The pain has map and constituency o... Lol

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Thundafireseun: 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
grin
The same way they said Dangote refinery will commence July

Abeggg I no wan laugh grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Ausmos: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
While you squandered 390 million Naira within just a week with nothing to show for it. Temporary my foot.

26 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Dedeity: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tinubu is a complete failure

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
wittywriter:
FG or BAT/BAAT?...ok so the poor/average masses should endure sufferings from your incompetence and anti-productive policies whilst you live large on their taxes paid and the free mineral resources...on top you get juicy allowances and monthly salaries without having to spend a dime for anything whatsoever you need as you stay in office .
VAGABOND IN POWER !

Wittyness
Stop trolling with senseless posts based on accusations of party affiliation.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
When you hear the politicians say "Make sacrifices,our pain are temporary,and all their bullshit talks,just know they want to kill Nigerians the more.

11 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Antman077: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by datola: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023
Good at raising hope!
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Zupay: 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023
But government officials are living large and being wasteful.

8 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by babamadiba(m): 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023
E be like say they want to tell me another story again eoooo 🎶🎵🎼 In 2babas voice.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Doris4ever(m): 6:27am On Oct 17, 2023
The pain is not temporary o, as a job seeker it has become almost impossible to survive. High cost of transportation is biting hard. Foodstuff has become a luxury. God will help us.

Meanwhile,
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check my contact on my profile.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Prophylactic: 6:28am On Oct 17, 2023
Can these thieves stop laughing at nigerians for once ?

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Easternpilot: 6:28am On Oct 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by GreenEnergy24(m): 6:28am On Oct 17, 2023
May God bless Nigeria..

Nigeria may be going through a rough patch at the moment but the government of the day is doing all it can to change the fortune of the country.

China also went through such situation in the past but now they are reaping the benefits of their hard work, patience and dedication.

Pls check my contact for solar and inverter installations at affordable prices
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by EdiskyHarry: 6:28am On Oct 17, 2023
Enough of this false hope and senseless stupid talk everyday. our pains are temporary, but you are sharing luxurious cars and billions among yourselves as leaders on daily basis, while you tell the masses to endure. angry

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Ofunaofu: 6:28am On Oct 17, 2023
grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by Xwizard: 6:29am On Oct 17, 2023
No it had never been temporary

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:30am On Oct 17, 2023
That was the deceptive phrase Buhari use to decieve us for good 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by atobs4real(m): 6:30am On Oct 17, 2023
Sick FB.
Where is the 5b naira palliative given to the political rogues?

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by bukky204: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2023
I think this ppl are mad sha

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians by money121(m): 6:30am On Oct 17, 2023
Ok oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates / Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Surges As Crude Production Rises / I’m Reaching Out To Those Who Defected To APC – PDP Chairman, Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.