Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,595 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP (7288 Views)

Military Rule Is Better Than Tinubu Rule / Which SS Person Will You Suggest To Be Shettima Vice After Tinubu Rule? / Osun Rerun: CDD Gives Damning Verdict On Election, Makes Shocking Revelations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Bennycollins: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2023
sweetgala:

It is silly of LP to insist that the NBS report on food price inflation is a consequence of poor economic management by a government that has only been in executive control of same economy for less than 200 days.

The issues around supply of food and other similar domestic consumables can only be attributed to the security and social upheavals experienced in the main agricultural belts of the nation and the devastating effects of the floods we saw last year which has negatively affected the crop yields in many cases and outrightly wiped out all crops in many others.

We've also seen an increased targeted attack on farming areas by bandits, the faeme/herder crisis has not let up, many farming settlements have been destroyed, many farmers have been em-poverished because of the total loss of crops, many have died many have been maimed and can't return to their fields.

Coupled with the poor logistical, storage and processing facilities for food crops tye country is guaranteed to enter into a crisis.

We also have the issue of the impact of higher OPEC prices for oil and the resultant PMS, Diesel and other by-products urea(fertilizer)

The only solution is for the government to implement a multifaceted strategy around mechanised agriculture, improve the logistics and transport of crops from fields to the marketplace, increase the capacity to convert crops to finished products for the marketplace, and most importantly secure the lives and properties of the farmers.
What rubbish? 200 days is enough to affect an economy positively, even if on a minute scale for a start. In some other climes the the negatives starts reversing right from swearing in day based on initial declarations and body language of the incoming, and not the other way round. Make una dey reason.
Do you people think that if the LP candidate was the one in charge now and things went this bad, we won't all shout because we supported him?
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Proudlyomonna: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Continue yoyr lamentation till 2031.

Shut up jareh, na una go come am with empty belle come deh shout wailer upandan while for reality hunger don finish your career grin grin

Zombie ooo zombie mentality.
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Pristine664: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bennycollins:
What rubbish? 200 days is enough to affect an economy positively, even if on a minute scale for a start. In some other climes the the negatives starts reversing right from swearing in day based on initial declarations and body language of the incoming, and not the other way round. Make una dey reason.
Do you people think that if the LP candidate was the one in charge now and things went this bad, we won't all shout because we supported him?

Firstly, your LP candidate drove poverty index from 25% to 53% in Anambra. State labour union were on strike severally including Medical Doctors that went on strike for 13 uninterrupted months, etc forget all the social media "messianic" noise.

Secondly, his supporters are mob that wouldn't allow for any criticism of their god or any dissenting voice no matter how subtle. Talking bad about Obi is like blasphemy to many of his supporters so there is no way you people would have protested against his administration. cool
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by stepaside1: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
If you remove subsidy and the cost of petrol goes up 3 fold and if you liberalise the forex market such that currency loses 30-40% of its value, where do you think inflation will be trending in the short term? It is basic economics. Inflation will first of all rise, stabilise and start trending down. It will take time to achieve that.

LP can argue about the necessity or otherwise of subsidy removal and forex harmonisation but once both policies are adopted, the outcome cannot be different from what we are seeing.
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Bennycollins: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Pristine664:

Firstly, your LP candidate drove poverty index from 25% to 53% in Anambra. State labour union were on strike severally including Medical Doctors that went on strike for 13 uninterrupted months, etc forget all the social media "messianic" noise.

Secondly, his supporters are mob that wouldn't allow for any criticism of their god or any dissenting voice no matter how subtle. Talking bad about Obi is like blasphemy to many of his supporters so there is no way you people would have protested against his administration. cool

I wonder where you got your facts from. Obi that won so many accolades/awards as gov?
Let's even assume you are right, is he not better than the internationally confirmed confirmed crook we are now saddled with?
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Dybala11(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
JASONjnr:

Dude, I might envy someone who's got a very ugly face...

I might even envy someone who's never been to school before but I can never envy a little brat who brags for a living but pick pockets at Oshodi junction....

Who dash you visa😁?

You weh never see food chop.
What sort of fvckery is this, you've got no joy at all. See finishing/total annihilation. 😂😂😂😂
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Dybala11(m): 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
ZaddyJ:
grin But wait o jokes his he saying the truth about you ? I beg me sef I need your assistant o
That guy legit said it on a trend that he owns two beaches in Canada. 😂😂😂
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by ZaddyJ: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dybala11:

That guy legit said it on a trend that he owns two beaches in Canada. 😂😂😂
🤣🤣🤣
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by JASONjnr(m): 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dybala11:

What sort of fvckery is this, you've got no joy at all. See finishing/total annihilation. 😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by JASONjnr(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
snipernigga:
Why are you wasting your time talking to someone who and his co travellers are suffering from hunger induced madness. Abi you fit follow mad person fight for road grin grin grin

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by kcbaba007: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
JASONjnr:
NBS forgot to mention how the soaring price of food isn't affecting BMCs and their families......

I joined BMC yesterday and I was told agents I should patronise to buy food items at a relatively cheaper price. One agent I bought a bag of foreign rice sold 50kg for 2k.... I filled a full tank for just N1,500

My 30k is enough for me to live a comfortable life per month. Our BMC boss @CoronaVirusPro owns two beaches in Canada and other properties while he reside in Oshodi.

Laff wan kill me for here

1 Like

Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by YouAreNobody: 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
blueAgent:

Rubbish & gibberish
the fool thinks it's by speaking english

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by JASONjnr(m): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
kcbaba007:

Laff wan kill me for here

Lol...🤣🤣🤣
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by blueAgent(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2023
YouAreNobody:

the fool thinks it's by speaking english

I tell u.
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by sweetgala(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bennycollins:

Please do mention three major food crops in a Nigerian market that has a 200 day planting to harvest window, I'll be waiting.
We are heading into december/fall season with fewer crops reaching maturity/harvest, the next major harvests start from late February/march onwards.

Any economic input from this current government can't be expected to translate to cheaper food on the plate of the average Nigerian in less than two planting seasons, if anyone tell you otherwise they've either had a dinner with the all-seeing and all-knowing God because only a miracle can bring such a result.

It's time for Nigerians to take the finger out of their bumhole and start using reason when making statements and take actions to address future disaster
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by sweetgala(m): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
aviara:

Typing long epistle doesn't mean you are intelligent. The points you raised in a bid to defend your slave-masrer shows how daft you truly are. I urge you to check and compare the inflation rate within the last three months of Buhari and the first 3 months of Tinubu.

Economics is a social science not propaganda

If you think the cost of food is simply because of inflation rate as your other deluded fools do then you'll be chasing a shadow. Best of luck !
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Bennycollins: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
sweetgala:

Please do mention three major food crops in a Nigerian market that has a 200 day planting to harvest window, I'll be waiting.
We are heading into december/fall season with fewer crops reaching maturity/harvest, the next major harvests start from late February/march onwards.

Any economic input from this current government can't be expected to translate to cheaper food on the plate of the average Nigerian in less than two planting seasons, if anyone tell you otherwise they've either had a dinner with the all-seeing and all-knowing God because only a miracle can bring such a result.

It's time for Nigerians to take the finger out of their bumhole and start using reason when making statements and take actions to address future disaster
Most of you are smart by halves. Or should I say you are still an upstart?
Now let me school you a little, learn but you can continue your hatchet job of promoting and defending plutocrats.
Do you know that Tinubu was the national leader of the APC for 8yrs before he took over power himself. Obviously you don't know what it means for anyone other than the sitting president to be so designated in a ruling party. With so much influence, why did he wait for 8yrs for things to go so bad, knowing he had the magic wand to change the economy. Could he not advice the govt on policy to adopt? Or he did and was ignored? If he waited to take over before changing the country, then he is truly the crook the whole world says he is.
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by sweetgala(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2023
Bennycollins:
Most of you are smart by halves. Or should I say you are still an upstart?
Now let me school you a little, learn but you can continue your hatchet job of promoting and defending plutocrats.
Do you know that Tinubu was the national leader of the APC for 8yrs before he took over power himself. Obviously you don't know what it means for anyone other than the sitting president to be so designated in a ruling party. With so much influence, why did he wait for 8yrs for things to go so bad, knowing he had the magic wand to change the economy. Could he not advice the govt on policy to adopt? Or he did and was ignored? If he waited to take over before changing the country, then he is truly the crook the whole world says he is.

All you've done is repeat the obvious, Tinubu was the leader of APC, APC has failed , PDP has failed , leadership has failed ; for show long would you lot keep wailing and complaining.

WHAT HAEV YOU DONE TO BETTER THE LOT OF YOUR OWN IMMEDIATE COMMUNITY!

You can't even help yourself, you've continued to make a political statement about agriculture, the farmer on the field only cares about the economics of his input, managing his crop with respect to nature's will, and the current insecurity that plagues the farming belts they don't care which entity is in Abuja.

Keep banging your head on the wall because you're upset Tinubu is president let's see if that'll put food on the table
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by Bennycollins: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2023
sweetgala:

All you've done is repeat the obvious, Tinubu was the leader of APC, APC has failed , PDP has failed , leadership has failed ; for show long would you lot keep wailing and complaining.

WHAT HAEV YOU DONE TO BETTER THE LOT OF YOUR OWN IMMEDIATE COMMUNITY!

You can't even help yourself, you've continued to make a political statement about agriculture, the farmer on the field only cares about the economics of his input, managing his crop with respect to nature's will, and the current insecurity that plagues the farming belts they don't care which entity is in Abuja.

Keep banging your head on the wall because you're upset Tinubu is president let's see if that'll put food on the table
I swear, you are not and will never do better than me. See online rat trying to shame who he doesn't even know, talking putting food on the table.
I have a good job, not doing 30k allowance things.
Re: NBS Report On Soaring Food Prices, Verdict On Tinubu’s Rule — LP by sweetgala(m): 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
Bennycollins:
I swear, you are not and will never do better than me. See online rat trying to shame who he doesn't even know, talking putting food on the table.
I have a good job, not doing 30k allowance things.

If only you knew !

But I'm glad to hear you're able to put good on the table for your family and a roof over their heads and cloths on their back. But never you assume that a contesting argument is that of beggars or the lowly.
God has really done me very well in these past few years and it's nothing of my capacity or position but just God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Rescues 18 Female Kidnapped Victims In Katsina / Italy Angry Over Rescue Mission / Plateau Governor Visits Suntai In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.