Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55844 Views)

The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
you have not answered my question brainwashed niggar. You can't even back up what you practice and you're calling people names.

yeyeyeye, ma palestinian brothers...

yeyeyeye

ozua
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
Bleep off my mention you psycho.

Next time view people's history before replying them.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hardon1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2023
Catholic church...
That mother church and The most liberal church among christian denominations.

It's the first and will be the last...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hardon1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
theophorus:
Don't forget that this particular Church their wedding could be after 3 kids ooo.

The usage of white is symbolic even if most people don't know.

There is no need quoting me, just ask Google.

See, in the Catholic church, wearing white is not necessarily symbolic. You fit don born three still wear white...

Infact, you can be wedded even putting three-quarter trouser and polo with palms or anything provided it's decent,

In the church, the sacrament of matrimony goes beyond what you wear
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice. No need for traditional wedding. 2 in 1..
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by peculiar2233: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
you can't ask your father because you're better than him despite being born brainless yourself. Quite tragic but unsurprising.
E pain am 🤣🤣
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by todugo(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
ewu
A wedding is a ceremony with the goal of inviting people to witness your vows and celebrate with you.

A couple can choose not to have a wedding and give their vows in court and are legally married.

This shows you that it's the vow that makes them a couple and not the ceremony.

You, putting emphasis on how to dress for the occasion is not important. It's the couple choice and idea and should be respected.
The white wedding you know today was born out of someone's idea.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
TimFisher2:

Where are you from? Where is she from?
We are both from the north
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Exceed15: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
The groom should have worn a plain black pant on it. Fashion go wrong.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
todugo:

A wedding is a ceremony with the goal of inviting people to witness your vows and celebrate with you.

A ceremony you said not ceremonies. So where is the idea of doing TWO WEDDINGS coming from?

Secondly, a wedding is a ceremony that spiritually and legally binds a man and a woman as husband and wife with the invited people as witness.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Melagros(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
lordnkem000:

Girl u re on point
I love it too
My brother I love it too
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by pongwa(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
Bride wey wear 'Isi Agu' for church wedding tok why she do so

Di couple wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
One couple wey wear 'Isi Agu', for dia church wedding don begin trend afta dia fotos go viral.

Pipo bin begin react afta fotos of her wedding go viral - di common tin na to wear white dress for church wedding for Nigeria but recently, couples don dey explore oda traditional styles to rock for dia wedding.

Bride wear Isi AguWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Di bride tell BBC Pidgin say her decision na out of di love wey she get for Africa and black pipo and to also create sometin wey dey different.

couple for churchWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Isi agu wedding outfit

According to @Ikejiofor Ella Amy wey bi di bride, " i be fashion designer, so i use di medium to send out my message. And from pipo responses i dey happy say we all love to embrace our own"..

Nigerians react to Paystack co-founder tweet of how e 'dress' go wedding
Nollywood actress Rahama Sadau spark 'controversy' with dress wey show her back
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimji confam say e dey marry im colleague Mo Bimpe
Di bride say e be like mystery wen pipo hear wetin her plan be for di wedding outfit and dem wait to see am. She add say she bin receive plenti accolades on social media.

Isiagu, wey mean Chieftaincy be traditional outfit for Igbo land. Di material dey for special occasions like weddings and dem dey take am sew orisirisi style.

Bride wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Bride wear Isi Agu for church wedding

Ms Ella say she dey happy say we di younger generation dey go go back to di roots and embrace wetin be our own.

See how some pipo react

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59199702
Igbo amaka
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Chee59(f): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice. Can't be me.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by todugo(m): 12:40am On Oct 20, 2023
Armaggedon:
A ceremony you said not ceremonies. So where is the idea of doing TWO WEDDINGS coming from?

Secondly, a wedding is a ceremony that spiritually and legally binds a man and a woman as husband and wife with the invited people as witness.
Don't impose your believes on other people who dont see it from your view point . 6 and 9 has the same shape, you are able to differentiate them base on where your looking from.
Respect their choice!
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Snakedoctor1: 3:11am On Oct 20, 2023
Good innovation. Must it be the way white people do it. Me I will wear Akwaete. Why can't we even dance the national anthem with one nice Azonto bear or suo instead of standing like zombie. grin
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BluntCrazeMan: 4:33am On Oct 20, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
Bride wey wear 'Isi Agu' for church wedding tok why she do so

Di couple wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
One couple wey wear 'Isi Agu', for dia church wedding don begin trend afta dia fotos go viral.

Pipo bin begin react afta fotos of her wedding go viral - di common tin na to wear white dress for church wedding for Nigeria but recently, couples don dey explore oda traditional styles to rock for dia wedding.

Bride wear Isi AguWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Di bride tell BBC Pidgin say her decision na out of di love wey she get for Africa and black pipo and to also create sometin wey dey different.

couple for churchWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Isi agu wedding outfit

According to @Ikejiofor Ella Amy wey bi di bride, " i be fashion designer, so i use di medium to send out my message. And from pipo responses i dey happy say we all love to embrace our own"..

Nigerians react to Paystack co-founder tweet of how e 'dress' go wedding
Nollywood actress Rahama Sadau spark 'controversy' with dress wey show her back
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimji confam say e dey marry im colleague Mo Bimpe
Di bride say e be like mystery wen pipo hear wetin her plan be for di wedding outfit and dem wait to see am. She add say she bin receive plenti accolades on social media.

Isiagu, wey mean Chieftaincy be traditional outfit for Igbo land. Di material dey for special occasions like weddings and dem dey take am sew orisirisi style.

Bride wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Bride wear Isi Agu for church wedding

Ms Ella say she dey happy say we di younger generation dey go go back to di roots and embrace wetin be our own.

See how some pipo react

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59199702

No be Callistus be this??
The Pilot that speaks Pidgin English...
😁🤣grin grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BluntCrazeMan: 4:37am On Oct 20, 2023
juman:
Worshippers of mary.

Go and find what your real problem is.

Somebody else's worshipping of anything he likes is the least of your personal problems.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BluntCrazeMan: 4:41am On Oct 20, 2023
theophorus:
Don't forget that this particular Church their wedding could be after 3 kids ooo.

The usage of white is symbolic even if most people don't know.

There is no need quoting me, just ask Google.

So,, only women should show her purity?
(Even when she no dey pure true true??)

And why must anybody symbolizing anything?

Oga ..
Wear what truly makes you YOU.
That's what the man truly wants.
And not symbolisms of what is not truly there in reality.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TimFisher2: 6:23am On Oct 20, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

We are both from the north

Fantastic. You have my permission.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 6:28am On Oct 20, 2023
TimFisher2:

Fantastic. You have my permission.

Congratulations

Thankx boss
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2023
todugo:

Don't impose your believes on other people who dont see it from your view point . 6 and 9 has the same shape, you are able to differentiate them base on where your looking from.
Respect their choice!
this is what you say when you lose an argument. you are a fool and a very big one at that. This is a discussion forum and it's posted here. I didn't go to their church to tell them what to do.

Now, get off my mention.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2023
BigYash:
Collect woto woto where? grin And even if its just the bprice.. You can't come and be giving me orders in my hux o..
we must respect each other opinion that's just it
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BrickDevo: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
For those quoting me in a haste, I repeat:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

wearing Isiagu during white wedding does not change what white wedding represents. White wedding is the white man's traditional wedding which he blended with Christianity. We are Igbos. Do the authentic Igba nkwu and invite the priest(or the minister of your religion) to witness it, give his blessings also and issue marriage certificate similar to what is done during burial.
Jesus Christ ATTENDED traditional marriage and endorsed it through his miracle but didn't preside over it.
Stop washing the back of the cup.
Spot on
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Calitoscassius(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2023
But they are still worshipping white Jesus and God undecided
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by brainycaleb(m): 9:15am On Oct 20, 2023
Nothing about any of these weddings are cheap! Nevertheless, I'm okay with traditional and court wedding and a thanksgiving in church.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by jevic(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2023
Igbo Amaka..
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by HoneySwag(f): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2023
The outfit is so lovely 🥰
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by achimendy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
It's still the same thing. The originality of that fabric is still Western.

It's not thesame.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TimFisher2: 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Thankx boss

Treat am well ooo...no go use sharia law kill am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
TimFisher2:

Treat am well ooo...no go use sharia law kill am grin grin

grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.