Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55834 Views)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 99thEnemy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
The Trend of wedding gown (women) and Suit (Men) started with Queen Victoria's wedding with Prince Albert in the 19th Century.

Prior to that time and trend, people use to just wear their best outfit for their wedding.

Wedding gowns and Suits are from the traditional English culture. Why can't we also use our own culture in wedding fashion?

Thumbs up to this new Nigerian trend jare. cool

It should even go more cultural in dress sense. cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by justtruth88miSt(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
Apoche shocked

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by blackgold2018(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
inferiority complex kill you there.

You prefer borrowed white man culture.

White slave like you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AareGaa: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
It is a new trend

Only in Ibo land.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
BigYash:
I love the white gown .. With the isiagwu patches below..
Na Yoruba own I wan see grin That their men big short nicker for alter go mad gonn grin

Any Igbo lady who wanna wear this gown in few months from now,should pm me for deal.. Must be a virgin ,with average body built,and buwest must be able to stand without support.. Above all,you must have sense.. I dey wait cool
And your dick must stand without taking herbs 🌿 too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AareGaa: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
Emperormartin:

Ibu onye eriri eri...

Ibos and crudity
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
1Sharon:

Who is this one? Make me swerve. Toothless bulldog.

Mtcheew!

Fu ck off biko!!
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Napata77: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
ponishah:

Stupid slavery mentality!
BACK PEOPLE ARE THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL SLAVES ON EARTH, THEY ARE HAPPY TO REMEMBER THAT THEY NEED TO WEAR ATTIRES RELATED TO THEIR CULTURE, BUT DID NOT REMEMBER THAT THEY HAD DONE A REAL WEDDING AT THE BRIDES MAIDEN HOME, AND WERE REALY REPEATING AND DOING A SECOND WEDDING IN A CHURCH.
STUPID MONKIES STILL ENSLAVING THEMSELVES, EVEN WHEN FREED.
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP MARRYING A BRIDE TWO TIMES, IN NIGERIA

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RACIALLY ABUSE AFRICANS.

ARE YOU MAD?

STUPID BASTARD.

DON’T YOU DARE TRY THAT HERE.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by izubext007: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
That's nice 👍
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Dancebreaker: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
If culturally allowed, then great.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Manna4Gurls: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
Na pesin u go church go marry no bi dressing

If u like water Nika and polo, na wife u go carry go home
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BigYash: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
And your dick must stand without taking herbs 🌿 too
That is not an issue,even though you don't have right to give me conditions. grin I no go use millions marry you,then you go come my house dey dictate for me..
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by peculiar2233: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
your reasoning is faulty. Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.
My question for u is, who took your brain away from you? Just asking though
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by press9jatv: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wow that’s beautiful 🤩
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by SolomonGrandi: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
The question is why is there a church wedding in the first place

Slaves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

I don already design the wear for my head.

Omoh, that kind blazers/suit no go bad o. cheesy grin

That is where we are heading.

E make sense.

Women can design their white with isiagu print or diamond incrusted isiagu into their white.

just dont show igbo men this, dem go reject suit in mass for wedding.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Yoruba Muslim miscreant terrorists and some Northerner head slamming terrorists no go like this great news coming from the great Biafra land

1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by deji17: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
China, went to China.. grin grin
Where is this Ishiagu 150 years ago?
NB. It's good to be original

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by godofuck231: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Originality
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
deji17:
China, went to China.. grin grin
Where is this Ishiagu 150 years ago?
NB. It's good to be original

Nobody stop you sewing isiagu wear.

Anybody can wear it, not igbo alone.

Many of your brothers with igbo wife wear it.

So, stop crying here.

Everytime cry!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 8stargeneral: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Cool that's what i will use during my wedding
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by ponishah: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Napata77:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RACIALLY ABUSE AFRICANS.

ARE YOU MAD?

STUPID BASTARD.

DON’T YOU DARE TRY THAT HERE.
THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURTS, YOU CAN RANT FOREVER , IT IS THE TRAIT OF A SLAVE

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Mindlog: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
juman:
Worshippers of mary.

And how is an issue for you? cheesy grin
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by deji17: 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:

Nobody stop you sewing isiagu wear.

Anybody can wear it, not igbo alone.

So, stop crying here.
You are always angry..Instead of issuing a disclaimer that Ishiagu has an Igbo origin, you are here swinging and puffing... grin grin You need anger management treatment.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Chibuzoripob: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
angry angry grin angry sad sad
Omoawoke2:
Them no wear their winter cap?
undecided what's winter cap/head warmer?
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Dottormentor: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
Come with your isiagu let me sample you. Otorfe nyasho.
Bliss4Lyfe:
Bride wey wear 'Isi Agu' for church wedding tok why she do so

Di couple wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
One couple wey wear 'Isi Agu', for dia church wedding don begin trend afta dia fotos go viral.

Pipo bin begin react afta fotos of her wedding go viral - di common tin na to wear white dress for church wedding for Nigeria but recently, couples don dey explore oda traditional styles to rock for dia wedding.

Bride wear Isi AguWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Di bride tell BBC Pidgin say her decision na out of di love wey she get for Africa and black pipo and to also create sometin wey dey different.

couple for churchWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Isi agu wedding outfit

According to @Ikejiofor Ella Amy wey bi di bride, " i be fashion designer, so i use di medium to send out my message. And from pipo responses i dey happy say we all love to embrace our own"..

Nigerians react to Paystack co-founder tweet of how e 'dress' go wedding
Nollywood actress Rahama Sadau spark 'controversy' with dress wey show her back
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimji confam say e dey marry im colleague Mo Bimpe
Di bride say e be like mystery wen pipo hear wetin her plan be for di wedding outfit and dem wait to see am. She add say she bin receive plenti accolades on social media.

Isiagu, wey mean Chieftaincy be traditional outfit for Igbo land. Di material dey for special occasions like weddings and dem dey take am sew orisirisi style.

Bride wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Bride wear Isi Agu for church wedding

Ms Ella say she dey happy say we di younger generation dey go go back to di roots and embrace wetin be our own.

See how some pipo react

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59199702
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
deji17:

You are always angry..Instead of issuing a disclaimer that Ishiagu has an Igbo origin, you are here swinging and puffing... grin grin You need anger management treatment.

Ok it has yoruba origin.

happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Pacesetter123(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2023
I think I like it
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Juanmike(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
How? Have you seen indians wed b4?
They don't wear suit or... They embrace their culture, Igbos should do same
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by deji17: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:

Ok it has yoruba origin.

happy now?
I'm always happy bro. Either you or I wear Ishiagu, it's happiness all through. Ishiagu in 042 is a place I know very well. Agbani, Law School, Nsukka, Ogrute etc. I know the interiors. Not just, I/ Layout.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.