Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55838 Views)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
BigYash:
I love the white gown .. With the isiagwu patches below..
Na Yoruba own I wan see grin That their men big short nicker for alter go mad gonn grin

Any Igbo lady who wanna wear this gown in few months from now,should pm me for deal.. Must be a virgin ,with average body built,and buwest must be able to stand without support.. Above all,you must have sense.. I dey wait cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
TimFisher2:

You have our permission. Go on.

It would be more sweet if your wife to be will be Igbo.
Unfortunately she's not igbo. But e for make mad sense. After like 80% of the girls I dated are igbo, my sister marry igbo, I come end up with this isi aki girl grin
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Unfortunately she's not igbo. But e for make mad sense. After like 80% of the girls I dated are igbo, my sister marry igbo, I come end up with this isi aki girl grin

lol

Anybody can use Isiagu for important occassion.

one love!

it is up to you, afterall, u be our inlaw.

you our family man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Airlord2030: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
White wedding is a whiteman's culture.

stick to your traditional marriage if you know you want to wear your igbo dress.

dumb afghaneasterners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Babangidapikin: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

Yeah you see “Rivers” state, “Imo” State and meaningless names, as well as bandits and the racist name Nigeria- Nigger Area…

How did that happen and if you can answer that you know say you don receive sense small
I have seen someone wear an Antelope type and I appreciate that, I can connect, but this Agu is what I can't connect, at least it is a new trend not something ancestral ... How did it come about, is everyone trying to be the 🦁 lion of his kingdom abi 🐅 Tiger.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Airlord2030:
White wedding is a whiteman's culture.

stick to your traditional marriage if you know you want to wear your igbo dress.

dumb afghaneasterners

Wrong!

What do u wear to your mosque wedding?

At least, the church wedding has been transitioned from European wear to African wear.

U see the first couple, she had a rising sun on her head and he tired traditional rob on his waist.

The church wedding is fully African now, u all can use Isiagu.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Godsonkemz(m): 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Suit is gradually fading away. I can't remember the last time I wore my suit. Only for corporate people.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Suit is gradually fading away. I can't remember the last time I wore my suit. Only for corporate people.

we have smarter wear to suit.

They call it suit, i call it coat.

Over dressing after shirt, u tie your neck. madness!

i love the black traditional Obi normally wear.

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by SenatePresdo(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
For those quoting me in a haste, I repeat:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

wearing Isiagu during white wedding does not change what white wedding represents. White wedding is the white man's traditional wedding which he blended with Christianity. We are Igbos. Do the authentic Igba nkwu and invite the priest(or the minister of your religion) to witness it, give his blessings also and issue marriage certificate similar to what is done during burial.
Jesus Christ ATTENDED traditional marriage and endorsed it through his miracle but didn't preside over it.
Stop washing the back of the cup.

You don't tell people how to do or what to do.

It shows you the intruder type of person.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by MyExpression(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kobicove:
I totally hate the practice of using the Isi-Agu to sew a dress for whatever occasion. angry

It is disrespect to the reverence reserved for the fabric as a symbol of status and authority in the Igbo culture!

Increase the price, to a premium price, people will start respecting it
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

wearing Isiagu during white wedding does not change what white wedding represents. White wedding is the white man's traditional wedding which he blended with Christianity. We are Igbos. Do the authentic Igba nkwu and invite the priest(or the minister of your religion) to witness it, give his blessings also and issue marriage certificate similar to what is done during burial.
Jesus Christ ATTENDED traditional marriage and endorsed it through his miracle but didn't preside over it.

People go to renew marriage vow after 30 years of marriage.

It is basically second wedding ceremony.

We will marry our wife in the village, church, and court.

Na our enjoyment and celebration of love.

3 is a special number of completion.

Trinity or 3in1 God.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by cooljude(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
isan:
This clothes are made in china [center][/center] this igbo cultural clothes didn't exist till 1950 igbo were naked before that time

Lies!!!!
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by cooljude(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
isan:
This clothes are made in china [center][/center] this igbo cultural clothes didn't exist till 1950 igbo were naked before that time

Lies!!!! Igbos were not naked by that timeframe.....
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by IamAsiri: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

It's just a material of cloth. Even Whites can wear material they like, including black. So what's the fuss all about? They can even decide to include aso-oke to the wedding gown and groom's suit if they love it.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by EmpressOne(f): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2023
Their just fooling themselves because white wedding wheather with or without isi agu is not our culture. They are still slaves to the Europeans. If truly you're serious about embracing your culture, you have no business practicing European spirituality and wedding. Wake up fools! Mental slavery is worse than physical slavery.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Awise09(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wow so beautiful!
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
EmpressOne:
Their just fooling themselves because white wedding wheather with or without isi agu is not our culture. They are still slaves to the Europeans. If truly you're serious about embracing your culture, you have no business practicing European spirituality and wedding. Wake up fools! Mental slavery is worse than physical slavery.

Well sorry, White man dont own Christianity.

Christianity is not a European religion.

Jesus is not a whiteman.

It arrived in Europe sametime, it arrives Africa.

First Christians were Ethiopians and Coptic Egyptians.

Igbo are Christians and will never deny Christ

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
As a nation we appear before the alter of God and exchange our till death vows.

Beautifully in Isi Agu.

Where is the whiteman in this equarion?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TimFisher2: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Where are you from? Where is she from?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BigYash: 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
My tribe Yoruba don't sell their daughters just pay bride price and buy some items so if you do anyhow you will collect wotowoto 🤣🤣🤣
Collect woto woto where? grin And even if its just the bprice.. You can't come and be giving me orders in my hux o..
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by todugo(m): 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

Oga wedding na wedding. The most important thing is for the married couple to keep their vow. Rest with this your white washed way of reasoning.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
SenatePresdo:

You don't tell people how to do or what to do.

It shows you the intruder type of person.
if you feel I am talking to you, then there are things you're not doing right.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
todugo:

Oga wedding na wedding. The most important thing is for the married couple to keep their vow. Rest with this your white washed way of reasoning.
ewu
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by peculiar2233: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
you can always ask your father that.
I can't ask my father, it's you I will still ask cuz you and your fa*da has none😂😂
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:

People go to renew marriage vow after 30 years of marriage.

It is basically second wedding ceremony.

We will marry our wife in the village, church, and court.

Na our enjoyment and celebration of love.

3 is a special number of completion.

Trinity or 3in1 God.
where are all these in the Bible?
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
peculiar2233:

I can't ask my father, it's you I will still ask cuz you and your fa*da has none😂😂
you can't ask your father because you're better than him despite being born brainless yourself. Quite tragic but unsurprising.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by andy244: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
They want to Igbonize it. What's your problem? People no longer have their own choice again? Na you the pay for the ceremonies? Tufiakwa.

Armaggedon:

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
where are all these in the Bible?

muslim boy dey read bible?
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:

muslim boy dey read bible?
you have not answered my question brainwashed niggar. You can't even back up what you practice and you're calling people names.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
you have not answered my question brainwashed niggar. You can't even back up what you practice and you're calling people names.
u call me brain washed, yet na u dey cry for palestinians and want to die.

Have u ever seen us give a fcvk about any whiteman or nation?
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
we are christians for God not the whites.

we no send each other, two things are apart.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:
u call me brain washed, yet na u dey cry for palestinians and want to die.

Have u ever seen us give a fcvk about any whiteman or nation?
Bleep off my mention you psycho.

Next time view people's history before replying them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.