Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55838 Views)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Afonja007: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
Be proud of your own

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
deji17:

I'm always happy bro. Either you or I wear Ishiagu, it's happiness all through. Ishiagu in 042 is a place I know very well. Agbani, Law School, Nsukka, Ogrute etc. I know the interiors. Not just, I/ Layout.
grin grin grin grin one love!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Dottormentor: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Which Biafra land? Next time you will say coming from Yoruba and northern slave. How are you all doing Yoruba slaves? Enikure. Eyin eniya wonyi.
You will always be Yoruba and Hausa slaves.
SeunOsewaIsDiot:
Yoruba Muslim miscreant terrorists and some Northerner head slamming terrorists no go like this great news coming from the great Biafra land
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Kingbuhari(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
This isi Agu a yard of it 30k then calculate how much these couple used to sew

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 1Sharon(f): 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Sorry, your tra shy opinion is not needed on this.

Swerve!

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by deji17: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:
grin grin grin grin one love!
One love bro!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
BigYash:
That is not an issue,even though you don't have right to give me conditions. grin I no go use millions marry you,then you go come my house dey dictate for me..
Na equal rights we get o, You are not supposed to give me condition too
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
peculiar2233:

My question for u is, who took your brain away from you? Just asking though
you can always ask your father that.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
1Sharon:

Mid dle fin ger
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Caleb15(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
Nice reading a post written in pidgin english, the matrix is happening...

This day shall not be forgotten
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BigYash: 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Na equal rights we get o, You are not supposed to give me condition too
When na me wan pay your bride price? Buy your people things upon things.. You dey whyn grin

No equal right there o.. I am literally buying you,with those lists your people will present to me.. Except your people wan give me you for free,then you can come with equal rights.. If not,keep your equal right for pocket o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Omoluabi16(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Personally don't feel it. White gown with patches of isi-Agu? Time and place for everything. Think all these designs will be better fitted for traditional occasions.But well...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by truthhurtsnaira: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
For those quoting me in a haste, I repeat:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

I disagree… It’s okay… We have already been colonized and slowly we are reclaiming our identity.

If you are calling yourself a Nigerian- that itself is part of the nonsense that Oyibo did to your forefathers dem abi…?

And you also typed in ENGLISH abi?

SO lets celebrate what we still have left in any place we find ourselves
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by truthhurtsnaira: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
Babangidapikin:
When last did you see a Lion or Tiger roaming in the East, the only thing I know that roam about is an Antelope ... So me I am just curious sha about this concept, please enlighten me and show me a Lion or Tiger from the east ...

Yeah you see “Rivers” state, “Imo” State and meaningless names, as well as bandits and the racist name Nigeria- Nigger Area…

How did that happen and if you can answer that you know say you don receive sense small
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

I disagree… It’s okay… We have already been colonized and slowly we are reclaiming our identity.

If you are calling yourself a Nigerian- that itself is part of the nonsense that Oyibo did to your forefathers dem abi…?

There is only one country the white man called Nigga.

Nigeria and Niger is known to be part of us.

Then all the slaves in America were called Nigga or Negro.

Majority came from us Nigeria or Nigga area.(Nige ria)

So, we and those in America dey same boat in the white man eye.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Longinyamapucci(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

See fake human talking...we are proudly Igbos.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Longinyamapucci(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

See fake human talking...we are proudly Igbos.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
BigYash:
When na me wan pay your bride price? Buy your people things upon things.. You dey whyn grin

No equal right there o.. I am literally buying you,with those lists your people will present to me.. Except your people wan give me you for free,then you can come with equal rights.. If not,keep your equal right for pocket o..
My tribe Yoruba don't sell their daughters just pay bride price and buy some items so if you do anyhow you will collect wotowoto 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by SAMBARRY: 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kobicove:
I totally hate the practice of using the Isi-Agu to sew a dress for whatever occasion. angry

It is disrespect to the reverence reserved for the fabric as a symbol of status and authority in the Igbo culture!
Lol something wey social media olosho dey use sew olosho styles and twerk on social media

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TimFisher2: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

I am not igbo, but I'd rather wear this on my wedding day than wear a white man's culture

You have our permission. Go on.

It would be more sweet if your wife to be will be Igbo.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by blueAgent(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
Napata77:
FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC.

WE ARE GRADUALLY SHEDDING THE COLONIAL INFLUENCE AND BECOMING AFRICANS AGAIN.

THE ANCESTORS ARE SMILING.

KUDOS TO ALL CONCERNED IN THIS TREND.

TO TRULY PROGRESS AS AFRICANS, WE MUST THINK LIKE THE CHINESE, JAPANESE, AND INDIANS.

THEY ELEVATE THEIR CULTURE, HERITAGE AND RELIGION OVER ANY EUROPEAN TRADITION.

NEXT STEP IS TO START UPDATING AND RETURNING TO OUR TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION.

BUILD GRAND TEMPLES OF TRADITIONAL SPIRITUALITY LIKE OUR ANCESTORS DID IN ANCIENT ISRAEL, NUBIA, AND EGYPT.

WE KNEW GOD THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE EUROPEANS, SO THEY CANNOT TEACH US DIVINITY OR HOW TO WORSHIP THE SUPREME BEING.

.Sighs

Rubbish
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by PHIPEX(m): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
It's still the same thing. The originality of that fabric is still Western.
So with Agbada and co. How many garment factories are left in Nigeria.

At least one colonial mentality is being questioned

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Nche95(m): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
isan:
This clothes are made in china [center][/center] this igbo cultural clothes didn't exist till 1950 igbo were naked before that time
and Yorubas were in suits and gown.. Anu ohia !!
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Sleekfingers: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Them no wear their winter cap?

.😀😆😅🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Head warmer
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

If we are colonized, why then do you tamper with the white wedding? wearing Isiagu during white wedding does not change what white wedding represents. It has always been done although by minority. White wedding is the white man's traditional wedding which he blended with Christianity. Blend Igba nkwu with Christianity by inviting the priest to witness the traditional marriage give his blessings also and issue marriage certificate similar to what is done during burial. Stop washing the back of the cup.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by OGrockinnewacct: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beautiful.

Although I’m Team #TraditionalWeddinngOnly
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by ufuosman(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beautiful
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by PAPIJAID(m): 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
God bless their marriage. This is just the way to go for our naira, let's buy Nigeria, wear and eat Nigeria and our Naira will go up. Not just for us to be defending the naira with our reserves.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Klington: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Igbos and worshiping whites

See has they hang white man behind, they will soon bow down their heads to all the white saints given to them by their white masters

With your ibadan accent, bitterness will drown you.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by meobizy(f): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Good concept. Not widespread enough to make the news. This is Nairaland, every thing is an update.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Hakeem66: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
It's good, let's promote our culture. We should not imitate the whites in everything.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Mom007(f): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
The first is so tacky! Over do kill some people!
The rest aren't so bad but it's not something I would ever do or encourage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.