Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55732 Views)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2023
Bride wey wear 'Isi Agu' for church wedding tok why she do so

Di couple wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
One couple wey wear 'Isi Agu', for dia church wedding don begin trend afta dia fotos go viral.

Pipo bin begin react afta fotos of her wedding go viral - di common tin na to wear white dress for church wedding for Nigeria but recently, couples don dey explore oda traditional styles to rock for dia wedding.

Bride wear Isi AguWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Di bride tell BBC Pidgin say her decision na out of di love wey she get for Africa and black pipo and to also create sometin wey dey different.

couple for churchWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Isi agu wedding outfit

According to @Ikejiofor Ella Amy wey bi di bride, " i be fashion designer, so i use di medium to send out my message. And from pipo responses i dey happy say we all love to embrace our own"..

Nigerians react to Paystack co-founder tweet of how e 'dress' go wedding
Nollywood actress Rahama Sadau spark 'controversy' with dress wey show her back
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimji confam say e dey marry im colleague Mo Bimpe
Di bride say e be like mystery wen pipo hear wetin her plan be for di wedding outfit and dem wait to see am. She add say she bin receive plenti accolades on social media.

Isiagu, wey mean Chieftaincy be traditional outfit for Igbo land. Di material dey for special occasions like weddings and dem dey take am sew orisirisi style.

Bride wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Bride wear Isi Agu for church wedding

Ms Ella say she dey happy say we di younger generation dey go go back to di roots and embrace wetin be our own.

See how some pipo react

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59199702

48 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
more

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
It is a new trend

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
more

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
Another one

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
again

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
That's pure and absolute nonsense
For those quoting me in a haste, I repeat:

Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

wearing Isiagu during white wedding does not change what white wedding represents. White wedding is the white man's traditional wedding which he blended with Christianity. We are Igbos. Do the authentic Igba nkwu and invite the priest(or the minister of your religion) to witness it, give his blessings also and issue marriage certificate similar to what is done during burial.
Jesus Christ ATTENDED traditional marriage and endorsed it through his miracle but didn't preside over it.
Stop washing the back of the cup.

127 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Emperormartin(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Omoh I support this full time!!!

Catholic church always leading the way

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Emperormartin(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense
Ibu onye eriri eri...

206 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
Groom refuse to wear SUIT

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
ANOTHER 1

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
AGAIN

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
It's still the same thing. The originality of that fabric is still Western.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Kobicove(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
I totally hate the practice of using the Isi-Agu to sew a dress for whatever occasion. angry

It is disrespect to the reverence reserved for the fabric as a symbol of status and authority in the Igbo culture!

49 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TANID(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
Cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
It already looks good at this early stage.

I can see this going really far and even displacing European wear.

They will design and redesign it to compete with the European wedding wear.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by lordnkem000(m): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
It already looks good at this early stage.

I can see this going really far and even displacing European wear.

They will design and redesign it to compete with the European wedding wear.
Girl u re on point
I love it too

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Marynwachukwu21(f): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Wahala be like koi-koi shoe,is this now a trending or whatπŸ™„.But I love the design

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by VinnyBaba: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
The Way Igbos mix their CATHOLICISM with TRADITIONAL RELIGION is Awesome!😊😊😎

The Azeez, Kamorus, Ganiyus and Musiliu will NOT like this thread! πŸ˜πŸ˜’

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Armaggedon: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
Emperormartin:

Ibu onye eriri eri...
your reasoning is faulty. Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by isan(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
This clothes are made in china [center][/center] this igbo cultural clothes didn't exist till 1950 igbo were naked before that time

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BigYash: 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
I love the white gown .. With the isiagwu patches below..
Na Yoruba own I wan see grin That their men big short nicker for alter go mad gonn grin

Any Igbo lady who wanna wear this gown in few months from now,should pm me for deal.. Must be a virgin ,with average body built,and buwest must be able to stand without support.. Above all,you must have sense.. I dey wait cool

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Omoawoke2(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Them no wear their winter cap?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by VinnyBaba: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Igbos and worshiping whites

See has they hang white man behind, they will soon bow down their heads to all the white saints given to them by their white masters

I was indeed Right when I said the Kamorus and Ganiyus WON'T like this Beautiful thread! sad undecided

Boy, Purge your Soul from IGBOPHOBIC sentiments, OK?! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by juman(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
Worshippers of mary.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Igbos and worshiping whites

See has they hang white man behind, they will soon bow down their heads to all the white saints given to them by their white masters
juman:
Worshippers of mary.

Even the priest have a touch of isi agu.

VinnyBaba:

The Way Igbos mix their CATHOLICISM with TRADITIONAL RELIGION is Awesome!😊😊😎

The Azeez, Kamorus, Ganiyus and Musiliu will NOT like this thread! πŸ˜πŸ˜’

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by theophorus(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
Don't forget that this particular Church their wedding could be after 3 kids ooo.

The usage of white is symbolic even if most people don't know.

There is no need quoting me, just ask Google.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by TimFisher2: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
grin

I am so proud of my ancestral origin.

God I thank you everyday...Na you do this one oooooo.......

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by hammerFC: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
Dem done carry Isiagu enter church. grin
Soon every igbo man will dream of Isiagu print suit abi na coat for his wedding day.
Design the front with gold chain and button, military style.

E just dey start/begin.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by NFBI: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nice concept

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can I Mix With My Lemon Fresh Lotion. / I Need Body Cream For My Children / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.