Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari (16125 Views)

Staggered Elections : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri / INEC Set To Announce Staggered Elections / APC Issues 6 Queries To INEC, Denies Calling For Staggered Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by peekspot(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2023

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday, approved the staggered takeoff of six out of 14 public universities established in the twilight of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

The Minister of Education, Prof. Tahir Mamman, who revealed this to State House Correspondents, said the choice of the universities — two colleges of agriculture, education and medicine each—was strategic to the skills-empowerment goals of the Tinubu-led administration.

The Buhari administration approved the establishment of no fewer than 75 universities, encompassing federal, state and private institutions within seven years.

However, Mamman said the Federal Government lacked the funds and qualified staffing to kick start all institutions at once as they are capital intensive.

He added that the Tinubu administration will be “conservative” in doling out approvals for the establishment of new universities.

“And then there are quite a number of universities and institutions which were approved in the last days of the last administration, which because of issues of funding, and even staff it may not be prudent to get these institutions to take off altogether at once.

“So Mr. President has directed we stagger their commencement, their takeoff so that the government can properly support them,” the Former Baze University Vice Chancellor said, after he briefed Tinubu at the Aso Rock Villa.

https://punchng.com/just-in-tinubu-okays-staggered-start-of-six-varsities-approved-by-buhari/

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Project360: 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
Buhari 🥸
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Chiefpriestt: 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
Buhari was a failure but Tinubu is failure like no other

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by masterflowx(m): 4:49am On Oct 19, 2023
I don't even want to be hearing Buhari's name again. He k!ll Nigeria and Tinubu is burying her now.

46 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Sonnick(m): 4:50am On Oct 19, 2023
Okay. But I never believed any president can be worse than Buhari

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by rofanx13: 4:50am On Oct 19, 2023
Does he want to expand his reasons for borrowing? Where are the gains of subsidy removal that Ms Thuvbu will keep borrowing at the rate he's borrowing?

There's no need for take off of any new university now. Let's solve our myriads of economic issues presently first.
Mr strategist my foot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Parydelegate: 4:54am On Oct 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Bullhari: 4:56am On Oct 19, 2023
I do not undertand ths staggered starting thing ooo. Truly.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Jostoman: 5:07am On Oct 19, 2023
Obedient stay away
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by opalu: 5:32am On Oct 19, 2023
Okay
The Federal Government should sign a Build-Operate-Transfer Agreement with me to build the universities and run them for 100 years. Then Transfer back to them.
That is the best decision that will make them work. This Government cannot even fund the existing old Universities on ground eg Unilag, ABU, UNN, UI, OAU etc are shadows of themselves. One faculty of Unilag for instance is supposed to be like Covenant University as a whole. That is what will show that Nigeria is serious about her future

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Omalicious1: 5:52am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by theophorus(m): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2023
Good, they should kick off asap so that we can train more Medical personnel and transport them to the west for Fx earnings.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by kennyz247(m): 6:17am On Oct 19, 2023
After all this university wahala self, where is the job for the graduates?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by lexy2014: 6:34am On Oct 19, 2023
kennyz247:
After all this university wahala self, where is the job for the graduates?

Beyond that, which money is he going to use to start the universities when he has been crying that there's no money?

Tinubu is obviously duller than buhari
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by foleskay(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2023
What an absolute incomplete baradash news. I opened the thread to read the approved schls that will commence academic works,only to see nothing tangible. Rubbish news reportage undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Blackdisciple(m): 7:00am On Oct 19, 2023
President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday, approved the staggered takeoff of six out of 14 public universities established in the twilight of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

So which and which University buhari established before leaving office..?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by bluefilm: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2023
What about plans for their funding?

This is all bullshit.
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by JB4life: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2023
masterflowx:

I don't even want to be hearing Buhari's name again. He k!ll Nigeria and Tinubu is burying her now.

The name really means ECONOMIC TERRORISM.
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by sadiyamuhammad: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2023
This project truly mean the world to me and I must say I'm glad I took this step and sharing it all with you is nothing less than great joy to me

Go YouTube and check it all for yourself 😊

Making Strangers' Day with Free Footballs ⚽️ ⚽️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDG_YtdAL4
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by blowjohn(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2023
People still dey go school?
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by blowjohn(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2023
Make them fix our refineries na. Leave all this one wey una dey do
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by APCNig: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Buhari was a failure but Tinubu is failure like no other

Tell us what your biological father has succeed in
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Seefinish: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2023
Good decision. I support Bulaba on this
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by ufotunang: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2023
Instead of rehabilitating and upgrading the other existing universities that are in bad condition and lack educational infrastructures and amenties...they want to waste money to build new universities...the other existing universities to you cannot maintain them... incompetent government

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Chiefpriestt: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2023
APCNig:

Tell us what your biological father has succeed in
Learn how to write good sentence first before asking a foolish question ediot
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by ejimatic: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Leeok10: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2023
cool
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by Aomial: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by ToladolVentures(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is nice...
Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by laivwire(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
Not to beat a dead horse but the universities on ground are still on wobbly feet yet the administration is proposing new ones. Opening more institutions that'd be going on strike every 6 months.

There's nothing bad in having just 12 well funded and top tier universities in the country. Convert the rest to technical schools and research centers.

Raise the academic standards that only the best of geniuses gain admissions. Let the rest learn practical trade and business skills and establish businesses we are in dire need of.

That will mop up our vast population that is largely unemployed and close up the our demand-skill deficit.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Staggered Start Of Six Varsities Approved By Buhari by tete7000(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
laivwire:
Not to beat a dead horse but the universities on ground are still on wobbly feet yet the administration is proposing new ones. Opening more institutions that'd be going on strike every 6 months.

There's nothing bad in having just 12 well funded and top tier universities in the country. Convert the rest to technical schools and research centers.

Raise the academic standards that only the best of geniuses gain admissions. Let the rest learn practical trade and business skills and establish businesses we are in dire need of.

That will mop up our vast population that is largely unemployed and close up the our demand-skill deficit.

Na people wey no get certificate you dey expect to do these for you? Dey there dey dream

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Of The Kidnappings You Read Online Are Staged And Fake - Police PRO / Boko Haram Threatens To Unsettle Govt And Judiciary If They Hang Al Mustapha? / Amaechi IntendsTo Buy A Court Injunction To Stop Wike's Swearing In - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.