Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti (23777 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / Governor Makinde Appoints Ahmed Murtala, Kano Indigene As Aide / SURPRISE! Ihedioha Appoints Non-indigene As Imo SSG, Seriake Dickson Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Swiftgrp: 3:27am On Oct 26, 2023
cocolacec:

Aregbesola'a father is Igbira/Ebira from Kogi.Ilesa is where the mother comes from.Rauf adopted his mother's town and name.
His father was buried in Ebiraland while he was a governor.Rauf is called Obuko Ebira(he-goat of Ebiraland).
Are you serious? I thought Abdulrauf Aregbe was a full-blooded Ijesa man. Anyway Ebiras and Yorubas share direct boundaries, intermarry, and many Ebiras speak Yoruba in and out of Kogi State from my years of research.

The former Nigerian track star, Fatima Yusuf was born in Owo, Ondo State and is Ebira but married to Adewale Olukoju a Yoruba star athlete. The couple are both veteran Olympians and US-based... East Coast to be precise.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by zelnababa(m): 4:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Ozommadu:

When you lie shamelessly don't forget say na internet we dey.

🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖
lolz, did google tell you that BAT is from osun?
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by lexylaw40: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
cool
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by OnoVegasBlog: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2023
CJStarz:
I am also in Aba and I presume you are from the Ogboo axis.
I am from Anambra state, same State as Ide Udeagbala, but I can tell you that what Otti is trying to do by appointing him a Mayor is something that cannot even happen in Anambra state. I don't see Soludo appointing an Abiriba person,no matter how rich and influential he is,a Mayor of Awka metropolis. What Gov. Otti isdoing to the Ngwa people, people who accommodated his forefathers that left Arochukwu to come and settle in Ngwa land is not good,in my own estimate.
Give the indigenes their due respect.
Until he appoints an Ngwa man as a Mayor or TC chairman in Ohafia LGA or Umuahia North/South local government,then I can believe in his sincerity of purpose.
But for the accommodating spirit of Ngwa people,migrants into their lands wouldn't have thrived, economically and otherwise.

God bless you for saying the truth.
But the blame should go to my Ngwa brothers who refused to understand the politics of Abia State.
They have gradually been reduced to minority status.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by lexylaw40kuti: 4:46pm On Jan 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan's SURE-P A Monumental Fraud: Tinubu / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate / Between Baguda's Rice Pyramid And Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.