Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State (10308 Views)

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Obinoscopy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
This is good for democracy, I just pray he dosesnt end up being one of them
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by teskyg: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Politics no be for ajeh butter oh.If Bruce hear the sound of Bazooka(synonymous) with the Niger Delta -Region.Walahi him go run leave forget him shoe from Yenegoa,

Let him face his business oh.Politics has still not gotten to the stage where the likes of Bruce can play with.We like you please continue your running your Business (Silverbird ) so we go the watch firm they go, jeje
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by razznaija(f): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
who is dis again? we keep having gullible fools as leaders, i hope dis one would be better.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by 1luvkipsus: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2011
Let him go and rest jare,what does he know about governance?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by k10: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2011
wont it be another chris okotie ( with less english)
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by 9ja4eva: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
Is that some kind of joke or night of a governor's laugh?

HE CAN'T BE SERIOUS
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by asha80(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
maybe he wants to do a silvio berlusconi
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by eghost247(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
Might make a good governor
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by VoodooDoll(m): 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
He is running for prominence and not for governor.

With so much to lose, (political opponents know where to firebomb) he will fade quickly but probably secure a govt post (national or state).
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
new development
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Wasnt he accused of shinning Stella Obasanjos kongo?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Wasnt he accused of shinning Stella Obasanjos kongo?

Does that make him ineligible in Nigeria? OBJ was Bleeping his daughter-in-law's kongo naaa. grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Basics007: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
How many thugs does he control? Is Nigeria politics for ajebo like him? He'll soon chicken out when the threats start coming. Shebi na Naija.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^ But Donald Duke and fashola sef be Ajebo
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by blank(f): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
After stealing NTA's money? Smh.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by badesco(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Guy has some money to waste. it will advisable that he stays away from politics, if not he will get his precious name soiled. Ben Stay Clear Of Politics
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by sheriffman(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
This guy may be a gud soul but surely nt cut out 4 nigerian politics and again he has chosen d wrong party,though its PDP dat must win dat elections cos of GEJ but I tell u he will lose d primaries.dont Write out sylva.alaibe will be given d Atiku treatment collect his money and dump him.I still see Sylva picking d PDP ticket.Guys dis is 9JA.We ve been deceived 4 so long and I tink I now know hw dis guys think.Its all politics Sylva will win.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Akiika: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
So, he chose to run for election in that corruption-laden, stinking PDP and y'all are applauding the development? If he is not desperate and meant well for Bayelsans, he should contest as an independent candidate.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by maclatunji: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
I just saw his advert on Silverbird. Win or lose. I expect him to come out of the process smiling. He is an astute businessman and I know building the profile he has takes something special.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by freshcvv(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
Another thief oo, so because GEJ gave you part of the $200million entertainment funds, you think say him go give u long leg too? ole ole ole.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by seedord247(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
freshcvv:

Another thief oo, so because GEJ gave you part of the $200million entertainment funds, you think say him go give u long leg too? ole ole ole.

Yes . . . Out of all the state na Bayelsa hin won run For.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
dayokanu:

^^^True, but Duke and Fashola contested and won elections in states with a manageable degree of 'craziness' by Bayelsa and Delta standards. I've lived in Bayelsa for some time (Mbiama and Igbogene) and can tell you the only industries there are politics, militancy and seeking government/oil company patronage. And you know these factors are a combustible mix.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Biscute(f): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
Please Ben Bruce go and deliver Bayelsa state from suffering, may the lord almighty see you through in Jesus name amen
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Sike(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2011
What do men with power want?
The answer would be MORE POWER!
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Oct 26, 2011
PDP ke?? Is this a joke?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by TomFord: 1:10am On Oct 26, 2011
He has a better chance with ACN(i think) what do indigenes think of him?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Basics007: 3:25am On Oct 26, 2011
dayokanu:

Well that means we have to wait and see who is backing him. Afterall the 2 ajebos u mentioned wouldn't have sniffed govt house if not for their backers.
BTW wetin happen to ur boys last weekend. Mo sure pe ogun ni awon Hanover fi play match yen
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by danjohn: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

PDP ke?? Is this a joke?

I was thinking the same thing.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by YEMOYEMI: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2011
Its very diffucult to get any party's ticket at the expense of incumbent.The incument has the power, will and also enjoys the sympaties of so many sycophants. take the case of Alao Akala in Oyo State. Ne never deserved to get PDP primary ticket so another 'day' talkless of another term. Am saying this because am convinced that Silva will get PDP tciket for another 4years even if he had not done anything meaniful for the state. Its the useless system we find ourselves in.

I think Bruce is coming out in a wrong party but I do not blame him. Do you expect another party to 'win' PDP in GEJ's own state? He has done his calculations very well. Bruce is launching himself as the next governor after 8years of Silva.

Bruce will make a good governor and I also think this is good for Nigeria politics for people like this to be seeking elective office.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Rhino5dm: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2011
I read alot of naive response on this thread. There are plenty reasons why someone will choose to contest for elections.

1. Winning
2. Preparation of ground for future purpose
3.Bargaining power for juicy position
4. Testing his political clout.
5 Fronting for a particular canditate to scare off the real and potential opponents.
6. Pupolarity sake.
7. Fraud(use as means to seek for external assistance e.g Yarima's presidential aspiration)

. . .until you figure out his real intentions, i indulge you to wait and be still!
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by kayalla(f): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2011
no comment lipsrsealed
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by KnowAll(m): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2011
Am saying this because am convinced that Silva will get PDP tciket for another 4years even if he had not done anything meaniful for the state. Its the useless system we find ourselves in.

If Silvia dosen't get the ticket in the primaries, he would have broken a new record in Nigeria as the first incumbent not to be selected by his party in a primary election. I don't see that happening. Silvia would get the ticket, others are only posturing for 2016 or there about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

24-hour Curfew Imposed On Potiskum... / Shettima Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi In Maiduguri. Photos / Ambassador's List: Buhari Tells APC Governors To Put Complaints In Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.