Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State (10309 Views)

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2011
Okay!!

As much as I still consider Mr. Ben Murray Bruce to be one of them (political crooks), I undoubtedly feel he would be the best thing to happen to Bayelsa State.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2011
blank:

After stealing NTA's money? Smh.

Proof, please?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by ProAnti: 9:32am On Oct 26, 2011
KnowAll:

If Silvia dosen't get the ticket in the primaries, he would have broken a new record in Nigeria as the first incumbent not to be selected by his party in a primary election. I don't see that happening. Silvia would get the ticket, others are only posturing for 2016 or there about.

Wrong!! Chinwoke Mbadinuju, a sitting governor, lost the PDP ticket in 2003, decamped to AD (I think) and lost woefully at the polls.

Senator patrick Osakwe lost the PDP senatorial ticket for Delta North in 2007, decamped to Accord Party and won convincingly at the Polls.

My point, Sylva will lose the ticket if he really insulted President Jonathan. And if he moves to another party, he is doomed.

You can't insult Tinubu and get an ACN ticket,  How much more insulting the president,
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by KnowAll(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2011
@Pro Anti[b]
Mbadinuju claimed that he was excluded from the governorship contest in 200[/b]3 despite winning the PDP primaries because Uba and President Olusegun Obasanjo opposed his candidature.[4] In his place, Dr. Chris Ngige ran for the PDP but was beaten by the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA). Eventually, after the election was nullified and re-ran, Chris Ngige took the post.[12]

Mbadinuju did not loose the primaries he was excluded and he claimed he won the primaries, so I know what I am saying. Senator Patrick Osakwe was not involved in a Gubernatorial Primary, my postulations was referring specifically to Guber Primaries, so the Senator's election was of no relevance to the discuss here.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by ProAnti: 10:43am On Oct 26, 2011
@KnowAll,

If Mbadinuju was excluded (according to him) in 2003, what stops PDP from excluding Sylva in 2011.

Any way we look at it, Sylva's likely loss will not make history.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by KnowAll(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2011
If Mbadinuju was excluded (according to him) in 2003, what stops PDP from excluding Sylva in 2011.

Any way we look at it, Sylva's likely loss will not make history

That is a topic for another day, at this point in time the Governor is on hand to run and participate in the primaries obviously with all the state machinery of PDP in his palms, together with the largesse(state allowance including derivatives at his disposal) from Abuja every month there could be only one winner.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Xfactoria: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2011
KnowAll:

That is a topic for another day, at this point in time the Governor is on hand to run and participate in the primaries obviously with all the state machinery of PDP in his palms, together with the largesse(state allowance including derivatives at his disposal) from Abuja every month there could be only one winner.

Are you aware that the PDP in Bayelsa is factionalized into about three: Sylva, Jonathan and Ebebi's groups. Ebebi and Jonathan will likely close ranks and he will be compensated but Sylva will be the ultimate loser.

The party can also refuse you its ticket if the National Executive Committee decides so as it was in the case of Muhammed Abacha in Kano CPC. So, that you win a primaries does not guarantee you the party's ticket. Now you can see where Jonathan will wield the big stick.

Whichever way you look at it, Sylva will lose without Jonathan's backing.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by MMM2(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
till then
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by KnowAll(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
Are you aware that the PDP in Bayelsa is factionalized into about three: Sylva, Jonathan and Ebebi's groups. Ebebi and Jonathan will likely close ranks and he will be compensated but Sylva will be the ultimate loser.

The party can also refuse you its ticket if the National Executive Committee decides so as it was in the case of Muhammed Abacha in Kano CPC. So, that you win a primaries does not guarantee you the party's ticket. Now you can see where Jonathan will wield the big stick.

Whichever way you look at it, Sylva will lose without Jonathan's backing

Conjecture!!!, I think JEG is a more civil person when compared to people like OBJ who would readily put his dirty nose in every single elections in some states, no matter how low and down the scale the election is? I don't see JEG going down the OBJ route, GEJ is a smooth operator, as long as those rogues in power can buy madame first lady a nice encrusted diamond necklace no matter how bad the Governor is, the Presidency go support you. Or how else did Udughan manage to find himself in Governor's house again, after the courts have fired the first salvo at nullify his election, that one na abracada, moreso when the whole world knew he did not perform during his first term. I am sure the relationship between the Governor of Delta State and the Presidency is more than skin deep. Sylvia would need to engage Udaghan to know wetin happen now. undecided
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Gbenge77(m): 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
Him to wan chop national cake.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2011
Simply Put, Ben Bruce has no chance in the Race,
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by jmaine: 9:23am On Oct 27, 2011
Sylva is a thug . . . . Pushing him out of power would be a very difficult venture. . .considering the politics of bombs and guns in Bayelsa . . . . Dissenting pockets of ND militants would be set free from their lair to earn a living by threatening oppositions . . . .Ben bruce really has no chance against sylva i must admit . . .though very sad . . .

The bright side of it is that 2016 is around the corner . . .but we have another local hero in the waiting ala Alaibe . . .Ben Bruce cry . . . . .
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by clem2love(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
we are all full of vision !
vision without the helf of God his useless. if he is able what of people arround him we they support him to do good ? that is the question we need to ask our sell.

"Fashola as an example" he came in with good motive and initiation of "KAI" "LASTMA" what it their duty ? but see today what are they doing ?

that is the problem we are having.

if we are to grow it must first start from individual basic.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by blank(f): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
HNosegbe:

Proof, please?

I cannot put up the proof i have due to confidentiality agreement that i signed. However, we did a consulting job for NTA part of which was to track down their physical assets. We discovered that he purchased all his cinema equipment, silverbird equipment and radio equipment on NTA's taband then made away with the assets. So many other irregularities. We made our report and nothing has been done to recover them or even make it public.

I KNOW, 100%, that he is a thief and i do not care if u believe me or not.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by frankoko(m): 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asaba/message/5709

COJA SCAM LATEST
Why Obasanjo sacked Ben Bruce as NTA DG
*More heads to roll at NTA, Presidency
JACOB SEGUN OLATUNJI, Abuja
FOLLOWING the sack of the Director General of the Nigerian Television
Authority (NTA), Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, at the weekend over the alleged
shoddy handling of the NTA/8th All African Games (COJA) multi-million naira
contracts, more jobs are said to be on the line at the two organisations and
the Presidency.

According to a highly placed presidency source, the sacked NTA boss was
accused of allegedly using a confidant to get President Olusegun Obasanjo to
sign a multimillion dollar contract of COJA without passing through the
appropriate channels.

The source revealed that this development became open when Vice-President
Atiku Abubakar as the chairman of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of
COJA forwarded another proposal to President Obasanjo on a similar contract
which he signed, thus duplicating the contract.

While the NTA boss was said to have favoured the JVC Professionals (UK)
Ltd., Vice-President Atiku-led LOC was said to be backing the ACE Computer
System Ltd/Panasonic (SA) for the supply of broadcast equipment.

Already, Nigeria is said to stand the risk of losing over $100 million while
the JVC has instituted a £17 million suit in London against the NTA, the
COJA LOC and the Nigerian government for breach of contract.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that when the attention of President Obasanjo was
drawn to the development as reported by a journal in its last edition, he
was said to have fumed and vowed to deal with those behind it.
According to the Nigerian Tribune source, while the operatives of the
State Security Service (SSS) are said to have swung into action to get to
the root of the matter, President Obasanjo is also planning to set up a
probe panel on the matter.

President Obasanjo, it was learnt, was not happy about the alleged role
played in the matter by his close confidant and how the public would
perceive him despite his stand on corrupt practices. According to the
source, the President was also not happy on the alleged decision of the NTA
to go to the press without his knowledge despite the fact that the former
NTA boss had unfettered access to him, his family and the Vice President.

It was gathered that the Presidency fingered Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce as the
brain behind the story in a journal going by the way the entire story went,
including the comments of both the President and the Vice President as well
as the various memos that changed hands over the whole transactions.

President Obasanjo was said to have kept the decision to sack the NTA boss
top secret until it was formally announced to avoid being influenced again.

The source hinted that top officials of NTA and LOC of COJA, the Federal
Ministry of Information and the Presidency have been slated for questioning
over what they knew about the whole transactions.

President Obasanjo is said to be worried over what Nigerians and the
international community would be thinking about him on the development.

"To say the least, Baba is not happy about the whole mess. People will be
saying that is this how he has been signing double approvals or contracts
due to pressures from his confidants," the source said.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Cromagnon: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
Afam4eva:

Most likely. But i think he would make a good governor.
how market

Goes to show, no be by grammar
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Cromagnon: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
KnowAll:
Yes he would make a good Governor. I see him in the mould of Soludo but with an entertaining streak rather than economics. We need to start voting Godfatherless individuals so that they can perform. Fashola despite the hindrance coming from his Godfather he is trying but he can and should do better.

Eating your words now aren't you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Atiku Sign Peace Accord Pact Today / TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives / Has The South West Made A Wrong Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.