Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State (10289 Views)

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan / I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by prettyG: 7:00am On Oct 25, 2011
Ben Bruce To Run For Governor

The media mogul will today declare his intention to run for the Bayelsa state government house
Ben Murray-Bruce, owner of the Silverbird Group will today declare his ambition to run for governor of Bayelsa state in next year's election. He will declare his candidature under the platform of the PDP.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ben-bruce-run-governor
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 25, 2011
It,s a welcome development
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
He will loose
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
otokx:

He will loose

Most likely. But i think he would make a good governor.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by KnowAll(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yes he would make a good Governor. I see him in the mould of Soludo but with an entertaining streak rather than economics. We need to start voting Godfatherless individuals so that they can perform. Fashola despite the hindrance coming from his Godfather he is trying but he can and should do better.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by ProAnti: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rhythm FM has confirmed the rumours.

Ben Murray-Bruce has picked up a PDP governorship form.

The political battle in Bayelsa is getting really interesting.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by OAM4J: 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Good!
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
In a free and fair election, someone like Murray-Bruce would make a very strong showing, that is if he doesn't win outright. But then again, it's Bayelsa we're talking about and politics in that state defies logic. You would think that an oil producing state like Bayelsa, having near fuc*k-all to show for the misadventure that is the Sylva administration these past 4 years, would choose to kick him and his visionless crew out for good. But don't hold your breath. Think i'm joking?: take a look at Delta and Abia states.

I think he (Murray-Bruce) would have stood a better chance if he had chosen another party other than PDP, as those crooks in the state branch of the party are looking out for their pockets and nothing else; i would guess by now Sylva would have 'bought over' a sizeable number of the shameless lot.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by kokoA(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
I like dat man. He did a nice job with NTA before Obj kicked him out.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by jmaine: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2011
We need more visionaries like him to move into the public  sphere . . . .If he wins which is highly dependent on the political party he belongs . . .I predict the [b]Don Duke transformational Effect [/b]on Bayelsa State
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by efisher(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
Good lord! If he gets the ticket, Bayelsa will undoubtedly get a feel of what I call excellent governance. Bayelsa deserves him.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by buzugee(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
is he nigerian ? not that it matters
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by kokoA(m): 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
buzugee:

is he nigerian ? not that it matters

Yes he is the former D.G of NTA and also the owner of Silverbird Entertainment and Rythm FM all over Nigeria.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by efisher(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
From wikipedia:

Ben Murray-Bruce a Bayelsa state born, and American trained Entrepreneur reportedly founded the organization (silverbird) with a 20 000 naira loan from his father and working from a small office space rented from the same. Armed with the contacts of his elder brother, Michael Murray-Bruce, the second of 10 children made early forays into event organizing, organizing 20 big time music festivals in Lagos, Benin , Port Harcourt and Ife between 1980 and 1983.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by buzugee(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
kokoA:

Yes he is the former D.G of NTA and also the owner of Silverbird Entertainment and Rythm FM all over Nigeria.
Ahhhh thanks KokoA. quite a peculiar name for a nigerian. ben murray bruce, that is
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by buzugee(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
efisher:

From wikipedia:

Ben Murray-Bruce a Bayelsa state born, and American trained Entrepreneur reportedly founded the organization (silverbird) with a 20 000 naira loan from his father and working from a small office space rented from the same. Armed with the contacts of his elder brother, Michael Murray-Bruce, the second of 10 children made early forays into event organizing, organizing 20 big time music festivals in Lagos, Benin , Port Harcourt and Ife between 1980 and 1983.
i see he has been around for a while
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Kx: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
Are they like the Ibrus of delta?
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by efisher(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2011
From another source:

Benedict Murray-Bruce was born on February 18, 1956 in Lagos to an Ijaw parent Mullighan and Margaret Murray-Bruce from Akassa, Bayelsa State of Nigeria. He attended the famous Our Lady of Apostles, in Yaba, Lagos and St Gregory College in Obalende. He studied Marketing and Business at the University of Southern Carolina.

Growing up was not a bed of roses. His father was a public servant who worked with the UAC. Ben whose initial dream was to be a professor of history had the opportunity of working in Domino Stores, a departmental store owned by his father. He however decided to do other things. His venture into show business didn’t enjoy the support of his parents. In his words “One time I was dancing and my father saw me dancing. He said, “If I ever catch you dancing, you’ll never use those legs again.” Though his father hated show business, thinking it was a waste of time, but somehow he managed to cope with a son who was bent on making a living out of the business. Even though he hated the business, he enjoyed the attention he was getting being the father to Ben.

Read more here: http://www.financialfreedominspiration.com/resources/success-stories/ben-murray-bruce-silverbird-group/
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Akanbiedu(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
Not bad. At least he has business sense.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by VoodooDoll(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2011
Ben Bruce is a Nigerian, although he has Scottish blood further up his ancestral line.

His family own Silverbird and I think Dominos Stores of old.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by queenesthr(f): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
I hope he wins
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
So, Una no fit get better photo of old boy.
This one look like when he lose contract o.
grin
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by rolchi(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
Oh! Thank God, we need people like this to take up the challenge of leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by pinkrex(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
Under PDP undecided
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by McAdem: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
He did a nice job with NTA before Obj kicked him out.

why was he kicked out of NTA?

He was kicked out for allegedly awarded contract twice for the same equipments.

visit :[b]http://www.nigerianmuse.com/nigeriawatch/officialfraud/?u=TheNews_COJA_Flawed_African_games.htm[/b]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Carlmax(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool, best news of the new week,
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by ProAnti: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
It is crystal clear PDP intends to kick out Timi Sylva.

Mr Bruce's biggest challenge will be overcoming the Alaibe effect. His closeness to President Jonathan may count during the primaries.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2011
McAdem:

It was not OBJ that kicked him out.

Its a long story and I don't want to open the old wounds of our elders here.
Let sleeping do lie.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by naijadot: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2011
It will be interesting to see how this goes.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by engrj(m): 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
Are u sure they know him in bayesa cus to me he look like abino smiley smiley but all de best bro.
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2011
McAdem:

He was kicked out for allegedly awarded contract twice for the same equipments.

visit :[b]http://www.nigerianmuse.com/nigeriawatch/officialfraud/?u=TheNews_COJA_Flawed_African_games.htm[/b]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

True yarns. . .he was (and maybe is) corrupt. Same goes for Ngozi Okonjo Iweala

OBJ confronted him with evidence and demanded his resignation
Re: Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State by kokoA(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
Orikinla:

It was not OBJ that kicked him out.

Its a long story and I don't want to open the old wounds of our elders here.
Let sleeping do lie.

Please tell us naw. . [s]They said he has a 'thing' with late Stella[/s] lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs / PHOTOS: Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna Swears In As Kano Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.