Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory (42735 Views)

Portable Mocks APC, Tinubu After Oyetola’s Loss After Being Paid. Sings & Dances / Diri Celebrates Supreme Court's Dismissal Of Lyon's Appeal Application (Video) / Diri Duoye Celebrating After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Islie: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
One of the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Thursday, rejoiced with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.

This was after the Supreme Court affirmed the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s president in the 2023 general election.

Tinubu’s election was challenged by his two major opponents – Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

In its ruling on Thursday, the seven-member panel held that the issues canvassed by Obi were the same as that of Atiku’s thus and there was no need for a repeat.

It therefore affirmed the ruling of the Presidential Elections Petitions Tribunal that upheld the victory of Tinubu in the election.

Daily Trust reports that after the unanimous decision of the seven-member panel, well-wishers at the Villa rushed into President Tinubu’s office to congratulate him.

While this was ongoing, Governor Douye Diri of Bayelsa State, who is a member of the PDP, was captured in a video rejoicing with the president.

He walked up to the nation’s number one citizen and shook hands with him.

Tinubu, who was basking in joy, was heard saying, ‘Oh! Diri, you are looking good. I used to see him on television.”

Nyesom Wike, Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), who is also a PDP chieftain, was seen in the president’s office.

Diri is standing in for reelection in a few weeks time.

Timipre Sylva, his main opponent, who is of the APC, has been disqualified by the court.

https://dailytrust.com/supreme-court-verdict-pdp-governor-joins-apc-chieftains-at-tinubus-office/#google_vignette

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hmm
Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by SoNature(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Atiku's decision to compete in the election practically buried the PDP. Instead of Reno Omokri to tell him the truth, he is busy taking out his frustration on Peter Obi and OBIdients.

Buhari cannot rule for 8 years and you expect power to remain in the North. Abomination! If that had happened, northerners would've been taking educated, enterprising and innovative South as their lackeys (boy-boy) cheesy

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Akinboboz(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
Rejoice, once again I say rejoice.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Herdsmen: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
Politics...

No enemy.. no friend..

Just interest..

Obi and his obideint sees everyone and everything as war.. see where e land dem

Tinubu should thank Obi daft for making him President

142 Likes 19 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by nairavsdollars(f): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
He will soon defect

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by SoNature(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
Herdsmen:
Politics...

No enemy.. no friend..

Just interest..

You go just drink otapiapia because of Obi one day.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by accordadoga29(f): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hehehe

Only pañdora and his inconsequential 5% of the people are still suffering from heartbreak

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Misswork(f): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
Herdsmen:
Politics...

No enemy.. no friend..

Just interest..

Abi
Contact me for your academic assistance

9 Likes

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Herdsmen: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
SoNature:

You go just drink otapiapia because of Obi one day.

He was my former governor a born fool.. no worries ..
I no drink am on top his 8 yrs .. na when the idiot no Dey relevant i wan .com kee mysef

E don be ..

94 Likes 15 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Herdsmen: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Misswork:

Abi

Yes naa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by SoNature(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Herdsmen:

I no drink am on top his 8 yrs .. na when the idiot no Dey relevant i wan .com kee mysef

E don be ..

Who cares whether him na your papa for 8 years?

Na observation I observe, I no kill person.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Herdsmen: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
SoNature:

Who cares whether him na your papa for 8 years?

Na observation I observe, I no kill person.

Who cares wetin you Dey observe ..

Abi your observation get anything to gain or lose

Olboy troll comot

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by flokii: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
Most of the PDP governors in South didn't want Atiku as flag bearer.. this 'born to rule' mentality of those from North don expire.. Nigerians ain't buying it anylonger.

If not carelessness, flag bearer from North, PDP national chairman too from the North and you expect Southern politicians to support such arrangement?

You can see Wike is unapologetic about his actions while he was Rivers governor. This is the end of the road for Atiku Sadiqi.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
Islie:

One of the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Thursday, rejoiced with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.…

https://dailytrust.com/supreme-court-verdict-pdp-governor-joins-apc-chieftains-at-tinubus-office/#google_vignette

Nlfpmod

The bokoharam lady in Lp nkom

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by stuffs2002: 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
SoNature:
Atiku's decision to compete in the election practically buried the PDP. Instead of Reno Omokri to tell him the truth, he is busy taking out his frustration on Peter Obi and OBIdients.

Buhari cannot rule for 8 years and you expect power to remain in the North. Abomination! If that had happened, northerners would be taking educated, enterprising and innovative South as their lackeys (boy-boy) cheesy

1. I am not a fan of PDP and I wanted Tinubu to win the elections from the begining.

2. Atiku was the best bet for PDP at the time as there was no better candidate to beat the APC. PDP made the right choice in presenting Atiku because no other politician in the PDP had the national coverage Atiki had.

3. Peter Obi still remains one of the biggest reasons PDP lost. Obi was greedy, selfish and short sighted.

84 Likes 13 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by BOSSkesh(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2023
Gbam
Everybody should join the winning team
The train of progress is leaving the station oh

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Urheadmaster(m): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
Peter Obi is truly giving these people nightmares

Imagine celebrating someone’s “success” with another person’s name on a printed t-shirt tongue.

yarimo:
Jubilations all over Nigeria immediately after the judgment

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Eteka1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
Diri has now switched to Wike's side.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by iokpebholo: 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
stuffs2002:

1. I am not a fan of PDP and I wanted Tinubu to win the elections from the begining.

2. Atiku was the bet for PDP at the time as there was no better candidate to beat the APC. PDP made the right choice in presenting Atiku because no other politician in the PDP had the national coverage Atiki had.

3. Peter Obi still remains one of the biggest reasons PDP lost. Obi was greedy, selfish and short sighted.
May God bless you sir,thats why I don't pity obi at all.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by richiemcgold: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Diri is pitching his tent with the right man

Aligning with Atiku may cost him his reelection

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by seunmsg(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2023
Diri May join APC after the election.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Built2last: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
If Peter Obi had been declared winner by supreme court today.

They would have killed Obi and tagged it unknown gun men.

You are dealing with a drug baron. They play dirty.

When all hope is lost they activate their hit men.

Funsho Williams comes to mind.

Let all who are hating Atiku and Obi know that they will never suffer. If they like let 1 dollar exchange to 10, 000 naira

it's those abusing both of them that will suffer the hardship

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Whalis: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Una see diri
Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Macdeey: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
cheesy. Wike has finally Killed and buried PDP grin grin grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by Houseofglam7(f): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
🫤
Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
We celebrate with the celebrant o grin,victory is sweet o. grin cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by ideynl1: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
Herdsmen:
Politics...

No enemy.. no friend..

Just interest..

Don’t forget, Tinubu must contest. North2023

You don tire?

19 Likes

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by ACRI: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Gbajue tii lule

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by MS2471: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
PDAPC

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governor Diri Celebrates With Tinubu After Supreme Court Victory by ideynl1: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Herdsmen:

E don be ..

You’re an Almajiri.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.