Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

qq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / qq (1063 Views)

The Arabic Inscription On The Naira Note / Is This True About Sanusi (sls) Or A Tale Of The Old Witch? / GEJ Didnt Attend The NLC/TUC Meeting? David Mark Did? : Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

qq by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2011
kk
Re: qq by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2011
Subscribing,even though I know its bull
Re: qq by Sunofgod(m): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2011
naira = arian?
Re: qq by Natasha2(f): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2011
I think there's a thread about the meaning of Naira but I'm not sure, lemme search cheesy
Re: qq by Samxiulee: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2011
If the naira is an accronym for never allow ibos to rise again,pls whats for the dollar,pounds,yen,and rand, let the man Awolowo rest in peace,forget about him and move on and stop blaming him for your woes.
Re: qq by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2011
Re: qq by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2011
Sam xiu lee:

If the naira is an accronym for never allow ibos to rise again,pls whats for the dollar,pounds,yen,and rand, let the man Awolowo rest in peace,forget about him and move on and stop blaming him for your woes.

Sir, do i sound like am blaming Awo? In your domain Sir, is it wrong to seek for knowledge?
Re: qq by jamace(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-29795.32.html

None here know the meaning of Naira and Kobo sad sad
Re: qq by Samxiulee: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2011
Its ok,NAIRA was coined from the word Nigeria. Just like you av the old France money franc.
Re: qq by olawalebabs(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
greateros:

the Federal Republic of Nigeria switched from the pounds to NAIRA after the civil war.

I was made to understand that the name NAIRA was coined by Chief Obafemi Awolowo and it is an acronym for these words:

Never Allow Igbos Rise Again! shocked shocked shocked

I honestly wish to disagree with these acronym but i realized that i have no other translation or meaning to the word NAIRA! Its not from any Nigerian Language!

House, if anybody knows any official meaning of the word "Naira" or history of the word please enlighten us.

expecting your meaningful contribution.
if you believe this, you always believe queen Elizabeth is from Ijebu

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Protesting Against The Killing Of Innocents By Boko Haram? / War Drums As Northerners Flee Southern Nigeria / FG Awards N9b Contract To Julius Berger To Rehabilitate Berger Port In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.