Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,778 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers (14773 Views)

Abba Kyari’s Brother Received ₦279m From Hushpuppi, Others – Police Report / "Treat All Persons As Boko Haram Suspects Unless..." - Buratai Directs Soldiers / NASS Siege Report: IGP, Oshiomhole Colluding To Implicate Saraki - Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by jaephoenix(m): 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

No matter how small a hospital is, with this law in place, it is the responsibility of every hospital to have the functioning contacts of police within their vicinity.
If everybody does everything right, the social order will be maintained, in this case, ur hospital is the one who didn't do it right not the police, on every front u didn't do it right, they came for u to go with them to the station, u refused, this is u not doing it right.
I know when to blame the police and I know when I don't have to blame them.
Did you also read in my previous posts where I said those police hotline numbers are useless? Or you wanna blow hot air?
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by jaephoenix(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

"Bail is free" which is true, except maybe when court grant u bail on certain terms.
Now let me tell u a story, a young man was coming out from his shop, he was closing up by 8pm, he owns a big grocery store (super market), the police parked their van, waited for him to lock up and arrested him.
He was begging them in the vehicle, according to him, he saw a man, one of the staffs working in a particular office (I don't want to specify) in the van also, he was begging them in the vehicle, they parked their vehicle close to their station and one of them came to him pretending to do him a favor and asked him how much he has, that night he was with 15k in his pockets because he already paid his money to the POS earlier in the evening, he begged them with the 15k and the officer told him, the moment u drop from ur vehicle, start running and don't look back.
He jumped down from d Hilux and ran, this is a man in his thirties telling me this story.
Now, why will u do that?
What if they shot u in the process of running?
Why will u give them 15k?
He has a CCTV in front of his shop that clearly captured the whole incident so why was he scared?
Problems like this, can't be solved by IGP or commissioner of police, ENDSARS harrasment stopped because the citizens had enough.
I was watching on TV yesterday when a senior police officer in Ghana was addressing same issues about what their lower ranked officers do and they need cooperation from the masses to help end those stuffs.
For this particular issue, the police has done what they can do, the only thing they can enforce is when a police officer harass a hospital or doctor for treating a patient shot or stabbed without medical report then the hospital and doctor will bring out and the police officer will be duly dealth with, if a doctor or hospital rejects such a patient because of lack of medical report, then the family of the victim should do the needful by slamming that hospital or doctor with a law suit.
That's what I am saying, police can't mount the hospital to enforce this.
Even having this conversation is part of addressing that issue, having this discussion on a bigger platform like TV is another way of enlightening the public and this menace will stop, IGP talking about it, is another way.
People should be made aware of their legal rights.
Many people in Nigeria live in ignorance and cry that there's no law and order.
We are so used to lawlessness that to enforce law and order is abnormal to us.
If an american is saying this, I'd forgive him. But a nigerian making this claim is funny. Have you accosted an officer wielding a gun and he'll tell you that he'll shoot you and nothing would happen? I guess you have. Do you think he's playing? Lol. Imagine!
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by jaephoenix(m): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
JagabanB:

I am an outsider in the medical, but I am an insider as long as this issue is concerned.
The law didn't make provisions for the excuses u are giving and these excuses don't show professionalism on ur part and the part of ur hospital.
Why don't u have contact of police in ur neighborhood?
U delayed the report, what u are saying now is what u should have gone with them to explain initially instead of turning them down.
They don't know these things u are saying until you tell them, same way I don't know it and u are telling me now.
Explain yourself first before going on the offensive, that's how a society should work.
I have had so many fracas with police and military alike.
Even at check points, I do what's necessary, I don't overstep my boundaries and u don't overstep yours and we are good to go.
The law says 2 hours within treatment, u didn't report with that 2 hours what prevented u from going with them when they came initially?
Let's all do what we are supposed to do, that's only when the social order will be maintained, it's not about hospital dynamics, this is about the law.
My primary obligation is the patients, not the police. I just told you that those police numbers don't work? You can choose to ignore that part
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by lexylaw40: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2023
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

My primary obligation is the patients, not the police. I just told you that those police numbers don't work? You can choose to ignore that part
Comrade, police station has DPO, they have numbers, police offices have phones numbers.
U are facing ur own challenges that I know.
Things can be improved upon on your part as well as the part of the force, we want a functioning system that patients can rely on in case of emergencies.
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you also read in my previous posts where I said those police hotline numbers are useless? Or you wanna blow hot air?
I am not talking about hotlines now.
I am talking about phone number.
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

I know you're literate so I guess you read the part where I said docs don't make laws. And such laws mandate us not to treat patients without ID. Please take off your hate tinted glasses and read slowly
It's not h8, it's reality.
Not treating a student in a school environment without ID, I don't know about ur laws, I just made a reference and that law said u should allow the patient to die too because those laws supercede life?
I work as a field engineer, I know every profession has laws, does the law permit u to let people die?
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

If an american is saying this, I'd forgive him. But a nigerian making this claim is funny. Have you accosted an officer wielding a gun and he'll tell you that he'll shoot you and nothing would happen? I guess you have. Do you think he's playing? Lol. Imagine!
A police officer who tells u that is ignorant, that's a fact.
I saw a police officer who threatened a truck driver with same line because he wanted #100 and the driver offered #50, he pulled his trigger and driver died, u know what happened?
The family of the truck took the police force to court, he was jailed before the case could conclude, there's no form of begging and pleading that his family didn't engage in.
An ignorant police officer says that because they feel there's no consequences to anything and Nigerians don't enforce consequences, I am a strong believer in consequences and I can go at any length to enforce consequences on defaulters.
So that statement is lame and as a learned individual, u shouldn't be propagating such statement.
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ignorance like this is unbelievable!
I don't want to defending people cos I wasn't there but do you have an idea of the diagnosis? No. And I don't know but I have an idea what it is. In my experience, I found out patient narratives are always tinged with falsehood. And I take both sides of an argument
I guess u are referring to the last example I gave, there's no diagnosis, the lady had an ectopic pregnancy, it was giving her severe complications and doctor said foetus should be removed, operation was done wrongly and continued to suffer, same group of surgeons came back to use their mouth and say there was a mistake in the operation that needs to be corrected, that was after saying loosely that she's lucky to still be alive in a rude manner.
Tell me about ignorance again.
I keep saying it that medical personnels are highly irresponsible in this country claiming to be all knowing, I have witnessed people who died because I'm the course of removing appendix, they careless left a piece of metal (don't know what it is exactly) in the patient and had to reopen the stomach and patient died, this was a teenager sent to his early grave by carelessness on the part of a medical personnel, and these errors deserve a law suit but the family all folded their arms and walked away.
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by jaephoenix(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
JagabanB:

I guess u are referring to the last example I gave, there's no diagnosis, the lady had an ectopic pregnancy, it was giving her severe complications and doctor said foetus should be removed, operation was done wrongly and continued to suffer, same group of surgeons came back to use their mouth and say there was a mistake in the operation that needs to be corrected, that was after saying loosely that she's lucky to still be alive in a rude manner.
Tell me about ignorance again.
I keep saying it that medical personnels are highly irresponsible in this country claiming to be all knowing, I have witnessed people who died because I'm the course of removing appendix, they careless left a piece of metal (don't know what it is exactly) in the patient and had to reopen the stomach and patient died, this was a teenager sent to his early grave by carelessness on the part of a medical personnel, and these errors deserve a law suit but the family all folded their arms and walked away.
We are all humans. Yes, we make mistakes. You make mistakes when handling your clients/customer cases. Unfortunately our own mistakes have graver consequences, and we are ready to take the responsibility. So you have no right to say we are careless. Countless operations are done daily. The only ones you hear about an error are few, and that is the only ones you hear on Nairaland and social media. The countless successful operations are ignored
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by JagabanB: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
jaephoenix:

We are all humans. Yes, we make mistakes. You make mistakes when handling your clients/customer cases. Unfortunately our own mistakes have graver consequences, and we are ready to take the responsibility. So you have no right to say we are careless. Countless operations are done daily. The only ones you hear about an error are few, and that is the only ones you hear on Nairaland and social media. The countless successful operations are ignored
The mistake an engineer make can lead to loss of various lives at a spot.
That of a doctor can end one life at a particular spot.
I am not trying to completely downgrade doctors, because there are several doctors who put their nose to the grind stone to deliver good health to their patients, most of the instances I have are actually things I witnessed and things should get better.
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by lexylaw40: 10:08am On Nov 02, 2023
Re: Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers by Writerrr: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike / Senate Turns Down Budget Proposal For Information Ministry / Godwin Obaseki Meets European Union Election Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.