Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,631 members, 7,854,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans (8525 Views)

$51bn Foreign Debt: FG Rues Dwindling Revenue, Reps Condemn Needless Loans, / Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval Of $7.8bn, $100m 2022-2024 Borrowing Plan / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by CodeTemplar: 7:10am On Nov 02, 2023
What happened to our saving from subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Confirm4real(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2023
He's definitely continuing from where Buhari stopped grin

God how come allow wey den born me for dis Corntree
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2023
Go on go for more
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by nedekid: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2023
delugajackson:
Nigeria is finished. The future of our youths have been mortgaged. I thought this senseless borrowing ended with Buhari. Now Tinubu has taken us to another level with his borrowing spree. Shame on all who support this mad government.
Who expected any less from this fellow. A man with wealth without enterprise. No factories, office, industry. Someone that only knows how to raise money through taxing or rather extortion, in a Mafian style. Mc oluomo way but on a higher level.
When there is no longer anyone to tax, as the people are already impoverished, the next thing is to pile loans, instead of think outside the box.
Anyway, Nigerians deserve what we get, one day we will have sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by ohabiam: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2023
Hmm

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by sulaak(m): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2023
World Bank Country Director for Nigeria, Shubham Chaudhuri is the new president of Nigeria

Meanwhile, the World Bank Country Director for Nigeria, Shubham Chaudhuri, yesterday, said the bank has committed over $11 billion in the past three years to Nigeria’s governments at both the federal and the sub-national levels.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by correctguy101(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2023
Normal things.. Na their way.

And their mumu supporters no go see all these faults... Smh

Later, some oversabi analyst will start using words like: we borrowed, we did this and we did that....

Let it be known that I never borrowed and take part in the sharing of any borrowed money that has landed this country where it is today.

When you make comments, mention those who borrowed and squandered the borrowed money and those who were supposed to make policies to push the country forward but didn't.

Awon oni yéyé..
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Brushstrokes20: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! shocked
The shyyythole is being ruled by a bunch of unrepentant, insatiable THIEVES! undecided
# eBOLA on rampage
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2023
CodeTemplar:
What happened to our saving from subsidy removal?
I am with it
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Angelfrost(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2023
Deltafirstson:
What is new here? Tinubu is only trying to Lagoslize Nigeria very quickly with its debt burden. Tinubu made Lagos the most-indebted state in Nigeria, with Delta coming in second and Ogun third most-indebted. Tinubu is only trying to do to Nigeria what he did to Lagos. Anyone who was expecting anything different from Tinubu—that person—is a fool. Anything Tinubu touches, he bruises asunder!

How is Delta owing so much to begin with?!!

There is absolutely nothing to show for it in the entire state.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by cigaricon(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2023
Benki003:
Cc Yarimo and leodking where una dey

You will never see them in threads like this. But let the topic be "FG plans to disburse 15m to 200m households" then you see them crawling out from their holes like crickets, drooling with praise and worship to their god BAT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by matotoide(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2023
Just 51B? How much Elon Musk and him partners take buy Twitter last year?
There are levels to this thing.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by ojonugba2014(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2023
Please keep borrowing Mr president. I am always with you. your next borrow should be about 500 billion dollars.

Just is just the beginning. All I am praying for is a comfortable life for myself and my family.
Una never see anything.we are just getting started

1 Like

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Brushstrokes20: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2023
Why did eBOLA (the insatiable kleptomaniac) remove FUEL SUBSIDY in the first place undecided
as usual, the subsidies has been looted, hence the need for more loans.,.. grin
The shyyythole is a stupid joke grin grin
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by oyeb15: 7:42am On Nov 02, 2023
Nigeria would have been better than this if just a goat or rat become our president.

The man in.power is just creating problems everyday since his inaugural speech.

This country would have been better off without a president.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by HenryWilliams(m): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2023
ican2020:
What of money saved from subsidy removal

Which subsidy removal?
Anything pertaining to that is voice mail.
Looted with impunity.
Is there anything like accountability?
Does anyone know what's going on in this govt?
Obasanjo introduced road tax on every little of petrol bought to sustain the tolls on federal roads.. the tolls were dismantled but the tax is still being quietly generated and looted.. no one is talking.

Anyone expecting a change from APC is living in denial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Menclothing: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2023
Nigeria
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Benki003(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2023
cigaricon:

You will never see them in threads like this. But let the topic be "FG plans to disburse 15m to 200m households" then you see them crawling out from their holes like crickets, drooling with praise and worship to their god BAT.

I'll continue to call them, very demented set of human beings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by micxwell(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2023
epainos:
There is nothing bad in taking loans in times of crisis, but as long as the loans are embezzled like we have been seeing, Nigeria is going to go broke because creditors may take over our gas and oil. Maybe...I do not know.

The only way out is for all regions to form new nations the way I see it. Otherwise, my prayer will be answered. And my prayer is that Nigeria should go broke faster than expected so there won't be anything to loot again. All bad politicians will leave the government and move to their second nations. While good people will step in and start rebuilding. Bug such rebuilding should not be as Nigeria. Nigeria must crash before we start enjoying. And it seems we are holding tight to Nigeria. I know that as long as Nigeria exists, we will keep suffering, so I pray Nigeria stops existing in my lifetime and not after me. This is my prayer ooo.

So, if we refuse to let Nigeria stop existing now, I pray Tinubu crashes the economy in his first term so that Nigeria can go broke. This is my prayer.

Before you insult me, read my previous posts for details on this issue. I want a united Nigeria myself and I have prayed for it. I am not Igbo...so no one should start insulting Igbo cos of my post. I have thought these things through, and I have seen that Nigeria cannot prosper. It has to die and new nations from it will start prospering.
Hmmm, sounds stupid when you think about it superficially but meaningful when you think it through deeply. The looting isn't going to stop. And apparently no one is ready to sacrifice their lives and convenience for this cause. It's going to get hard before the country starts experiencing peace.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Free2Fly: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2023
ican2020:

@ Nairalanda1, come and answer this question
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by wink2015(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2023
omakay:
Is there no maximum limit set for any country to borrow up to?

Is it like a 'FOREVER-OPEN-CREDIT-WINDOW'?

This is a very good question.

I hope there is a professional answers to this question.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by benqo01(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2023
Who are those fools supporting Bat you all idiot should hide your face in deep shame
More suffering loading we are just getting started

1 Like

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Uchek(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2023
Why do u assert that Yoruba people are brilliant?

Port443:
Someone said that Tinubu didn't promise anyone good governance, that he only said it was his turn. That statement is true, and it pains me because he is currently representing the largely brilliant yoruba people and their slot.

He is ready to let everything that can go wrong to truly go wrong.

The leopard doesn't change its skin. We begged everyone to work together and ensure that this calamity doesn't come to power, but nope, jagaban must rule, even if he ruled over corpses.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Trumpdonald5: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2023
Racoon:
The so called phantom generated IGRs and fuel subsidy savings are no where to be seen. But so so loans, borrowings, and so much debt pillage but nothing benefits the common man yet bastards urchins are defending all these corruption, criminality and illegitimacy

FreeStuffsNG MANNABBQGRILLSs LeoDeKing LegendHero etc. They will all avoid this thread.
They should continue deceiving themselves. They think they are doing Peter Obi 😂

E go affect all of una personally.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by naturefellow(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2023
Lordsonn:
The government of borrowers by borrowers and for the borrowers.
Buhari's government is better than this one. Too bad NIGERIA fall to the hands of wrong people.
Don't praise the government of that vegetable for any reason for God's sake.

Mannabbqgrils nlpolicewoman freestuffsng templarlandry denreledave N3TRAL helinues seunmsg moh247 duro4change LeoDeKing
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Reference(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2023
In just 8 short years over 30 billion dollars vaporized from the Nigerian economy.
Must be the greatest heist of all time.
Where the heck is all that money.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Majesty7: 8:25am On Nov 02, 2023
Beautifulgirl:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/foreign-debt-to-top-51bn-as-tinubu-seeks-fresh-7-8bn-e100m-loans/

Mallam Garba said, “It is better late than never. This borrowing should be done before the unification into single exchange rate. This will stabilise the exchange market and reduce the devaluation of naira.

“We have no choice than to borrow in foreign exchange to meet up the huge demand of FX.”

Mallam, I am sorry to say that you are extremely wrong. All these will still amount to nothing and if we tell Nigerians to endure with the suffering, they won't. Nigerians are not ready to develop
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Chetas81(m): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2023
The Nigerian animals should congratulate their self by bring tinubu into power,even if they paid you to support this government, the money won't be enough to take care of your stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by marlow1962(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2023
ican2020:
That's what was used to buy the first bullet proof SUVs since tinubu enter.
Omo I have never seen set of cowards that claims they're smart. The kind of tax Nigeria will pay in the upcoming future eh. Apc keep using them name of Nigeria to borrow billions and we are here talking about messi and Ronaldo, issoryt.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by todugo(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2023
stano2:
Subsidy removal was a huge scam, for politicians and cronies to enrich themselves, while the masses suffer the consequences.

We keep taking loans upon loans, seeking grants upon grants with nothing to show for it.
What’s going on, is there an international community or countries holding us at ransom? Because i don’t know what the federal government does with this that the masses benefit from.

Cooking gas is expensive
Petrol is expensive
No jobs
Poor Roads
Poor healthcare

Country is just on autopilot, politicians recouping x100 the amount the spent on election campaigns and rigging/bribing.
The country is full of blind minded people. What even pained be was that even obidients were supporting subsidy removal; the only true palliative for the people.
Tinubu and his Government, only wanted to use that money to cover expenses for their frivolous lifestyles.
Re: Foreign Debt To Top $51bn As Tinubu Seeks Fresh $7.8bn, €100m Loans by Harrynight(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2023
ican2020:

Reason I never supports subsidy removal cos it will only add more pains and suffering to the common people.

The money realized from the subsidy removal will be loots, more loan will be taken and be looted....

Subsidy staying will even benefits the masses than removal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Ambode Attends German-african Business Summit In Kenya (photos) / Governor Adeleke Felicitates With Aregbesola On His 66th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.