Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,920 members, 7,844,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets (8646 Views)

Anambra Landlords Protest Killings, Destruction, Multiple Levies / Lagos Traders Protest ₦600 Million Loss To Ponzi Scheme Matthew Agbaje / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by wittywriter: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2023
EKO 4SHOW 4MULTIPLETaxation since 1999 if you know you know .

Wittyness
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Ceasaerius: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2023
This is rampant in onitsha
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Kaiser20: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

Taxes upon taxes
Dem Baba oja and Iyaloja must chop
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2023
Kaiser20:

Dem Baba oja and Iyaloja must chop

Hahahahahaha them must chop ooooo this time in double
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Antoeni(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2023
Lagos state Government Runs And Agbero Economy
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by lexy2014: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:
100k to sale in Balogun market per year is not expensive na

My only issue is this money doesn't get to government

300k per year is not even much for me but it's fair

Nigerians needs to be taxed, tax is the only way to kill tribalism akd vote buying in Nigeria

When you pay 3 million in tax per year, no body would tell you to vote the right candidate that would give you value for money

Tax is Nigerians onlu hope for unity

who are those that mostly dont buy made in Nigeria and can mostly afford foreign made?
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by happney65: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2023
jackmrandy:

lets see how things unfold for them. Everyone is hopeful about this government and its economic policies.

Who is hopeful about him? It is only Ronu people that are hopeful about him..

Nothing good can come out of his administration. Absolutely nothing good
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2023
They are taxing u people so that there will be nothing to show for it...

Abi una don see wetin dem dey use the money for?

Una go get sense...
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by ufotunang: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2023
Renewed shege continues 🙄
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by ufotunang: 11:46am On Nov 08, 2023
That is the renewed hope you voted for
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by ufotunang: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2023
We warned you vote for Peter obi for a better economy and country but you refused.....you can now see the renewed shege you voted for
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Oscarpro: 11:48am On Nov 08, 2023
Lagos is a terrible state. Now that their father is the president, they will do anything they like. Sanwolu subsidized transport some months ago, he has stopped it and guess what I learnt BRT service has gone back to normal price. Watch as Lagosian will start wailing again about high cost of transport in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by killsmith(f): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2023
The yoruba obas tax heavily, the old women selling ewedu leaves, only to use the taxes to marry more wives or do owambe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Roboto11: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Though nobody can be as bad as buhari, but what's the essence when the govt is generating revenue but it doesn't flow down to the people. Only those on top benefit.

The rail lines, fire service, workers salaries would not fall from the sky.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/lagos-traders-lament-multiple-levies-allege-extortion-in-markets/
Majority of the people Suffering from this is The Yoruba women. Their people in power doesn't consider the volume of their business. They only interested in collecting the money through tauts with full intimidating ways. I love the way the yoruba women hustle. You can hardly see any of them idle. God will certainly bless their hustle even though the government is not encouraging them through this double taxation.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Tochi360: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2023
OneCandleAway:

This is the reason lagos didn't vote Apc. Multiple taxation. Over taxation with nothing to show for it.

They don't have a choice or those agbero nurtw will be unleashed on them

That guy is an APC miscreant, to Him d reason APC did not win Lagos is because of Igbo grin

His life is not complete without Igbo hate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2023
lexy2014:

who are those that mostly dont buy made in Nigeria and can mostly afford foreign made?
This are not shop owners. They are petty traders that display their markets on tables inside the market. They occupy every available spot in the market.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by killsmith(f): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2023
Akaegwu:
Majority of the people Suffering from this is The Yoruba women. Their people in power doesn't consider the volume of their business. They only interested in collecting the money through tauts with full intimidating ways. I love the way the yoruba women hustle. You can hardly see any of them idle. God will certainly bless their hustle even though the government is not encouraging them through this double taxation.
Yoruba women are very hardworking but I often wonder how these hardworking women could birth these lazy men.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Yong4ever: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/lagos-traders-lament-multiple-levies-allege-extortion-in-markets/
Lagos State, very dubious a state, tomorrow they will start telling us how much of IGR they generated without meaningful impact on the masses, they keep milking common man with their multiple taxation even as a civil servant in Lagos you're not left out, your tax as a level 10 officer is far more than minimum wage, as a motorist camera is all over the place to keep monitoring you for any traffic offence without any slight consideration, sanwoolu is there cashing out big time with his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

Nigerians needs to be taxed, tax is the only way to kill tribalism akd vote buying in Nigeria

When you pay 3 million in tax per year, no body would tell you to vote the right candidate that would give you value for money

Petty traders the display their goods on tables in the market. Majority of which are Yoruba women. We call them attach. They keep their goods in shop owners care. Their people collect the money from them through intimidating ways. I love the hustling spirit of yoruba women. Their men is just the opposite.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
killsmith:

Yoruba women are very hardworking but I often wonder how these hardworking women could birth these lazy men.
The thing always baffles me.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by killsmith(f): 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
Akaegwu:
The thing always baffles me.
How many yoruba obas have given scholarships to Yoruba sons? They rather keep the yoruba sons on the streets working for them as thugs and tax collectors.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by uniquetechng: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
They should all stand their ground and stop paying till the government decide to look into the issue. I doubt they will work together sha
You don't live in Lagos you would have known that the collectors work for the government.
Agbero remit money to government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Calitoscassius(m): 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

Absolutely! Hit them in their pockets! Make them pay through their noses! That is the only thing that would unite them
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Ikpunnegi01: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
One ediot that is still under his parents batcher and that is giving feeding bottles every day said here "they never start to dey lament. 1." Let me tell you, those taxing them that way are criminals even the one claiming that he built the slum headquarters of Africa.
2. They will soon be use to it and this will make them stronger and they will come out like a refined gold and their wealth will multiply because of how hard work they are.
3. You can remain in your cave and encourage the evil system and thieves to be taxing them more than companies; one day e go reach your turn that's if you're gonna be productive talk more of govt taxing you.

The govt should go and find out those behind all these evil taxes and deal with the collectors that's if this country is not a Zoo.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by jackmrandy: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
happney65:

Who is hopeful about him? It is only Ronu people that are hopeful about him..

Nothing good can come out of his administration. Absolutely nothing good

There are some sets that are hopeful. As for me, we move.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by lexy2014: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Akaegwu:
This are not shop owners. They are petty traders that display their markets on tables inside the market. They occupy every available spot in the market.

so you are saying that it is petty traders are the ones that mostly dont buy made in Nigeria and can mostly afford foreign made?
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by slowice(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
They tax people in that with deep rooted Wickedness and greed.

So those roadside traders pay heavily to stay there... Later ronu miscreants will make it seem as though they are defacing Lagos and occupying the space illegally.

Insufferable basstards
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by smileyoo: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

lol. i can assure you that Nigerians just got the right man in the mold of tinubu, therefore as an experienced taskmaster Oga PBAT will never disappoint you, because he will task the hell out of Nigerians, but the basic questions are; where will the tax proceeds end up ? will Nigerians have better value for the tax proceeds ? lagosians have been enduring these tax burdens for ages, can Nigerians be able to do so without any attendant implosion ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africans Attack Nigerians In Durban And Other Cities. ..pics / "No Diaspora IDP Voting In 2019 General Elections." - INEC / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.