Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,112 members, 7,845,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets (8653 Views)

Anambra Landlords Protest Killings, Destruction, Multiple Levies / Lagos Traders Protest ₦600 Million Loss To Ponzi Scheme Matthew Agbaje / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
I remembered one evening somewhere in Ajah market, I saw touts with sticks in their armpits parading the market and collecting money.

I called one of the sellers and asked him if the payment is weekly or monthly, he said "No, that it is a daily payment."

Those people are a menace to the society.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
killsmith:

How many yoruba obas have given scholarships to Yoruba sons? They rather keep the yoruba sons on the streets working for them as thugs and tax collectors.
You are right. They believe you can only achieve great recognition if you are diabolic and can intimidate others to support them again their wishes
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Akaegwu(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
lexy2014:

so you are saying that it is petty traders are the ones that mostly dont buy made in Nigeria and can mostly afford foreign made?
Simple saying that the guy you quoted taught it was shop owners they are collecting the money from.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Justiceleague1: 12:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
duro4chang:

A random picture snap any where at oshogbo Iragbiji or Ogun state with a drone from above and you might just be lucky to see a mining industrialist at work grin
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by smileyoo: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
One ediot that is still under his parents batcher and that is giving feeding bottles every day said here "they never start to dey lament. 1." Let me tell you, those taxing them that way are criminals even the one claiming that he built the slum headquarters of Africa.
2. They will soon be use to it and this will make them stronger and they will come out like a refined gold and their wealth will multiply because of how hard work they are.
3. You can remain in your cave and encourage the evil system and thieves to be taxing them more than companies; one day e go reach your turn that's if you're gonna be productive talk more of govt taxing you.

The govt should go and find out those behind all these evil taxes and deal with the collectors that's if this country is not a Zoo.
those behind all these evil taxes ?
lol. they can only reply you; i and my father are one. whatever I see my father do, that i also do. am doing the work my father send me to do.
if you don't get these basic quotations, forget it.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Sleekfingers: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Why are they selling on the roadside? The government should chase them away. From what I know, some of those selling on the roadsides have shops.
And also need to arrest those criminals collecting money from them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by YouAreNobody: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
jackmrandy:

lets see how things unfold for them. Everyone is hopeful about this government and its economic policies.

This your second paragraph is amusing
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by mrvitalis(m): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:
lol. i can assure you that Nigerians just got the right man in the mold of tinubu, therefore as an experienced taskmaster Oga PBAT will never disappoint you, because he will task the hell out of Nigerians, but the basic questions are; where will the tax proceeds end up ? will Nigerians have better value for the tax proceeds ? lagosians have been enduring these tax burdens for ages, can Nigerians be able to do so without any attendant implosion ?
If tinubu us a tax master Lagos should be generating 3 trillion minimum yearly
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by MrColdsweat: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:
I remembered one evening somewhere in Ajah market, I saw touts with sticks in their armpits parading the market and collecting money.

I called one of the sellers and asked him if the payment is weekly or monthly, he said "No, that it is a daily payment."

Those people are a menace to the society.
Lazy yoruba men who don't want to work
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by jackmrandy: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
YouAreNobody:

This your second paragraph is amusing

The Agbadorians are.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Deepspirituals: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
I guess it's only for the Easterners ,The Westerners are all Exempted .. shocked
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Tayorshd87: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:
100k to sale in Balogun market per year is not expensive na

My only issue is this money doesn't get to government

300k per year is not even much for me but it's fair

Nigerians needs to be taxed, tax is the only way to kill tribalism akd vote buying in Nigeria

When you pay 3 million in tax per year, no body would tell you to vote the right candidate that would give you value for money

Tax is Nigerians onlu hope for unity

I don't understand u can u explain further ??
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by newoffer: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Immediately the Governor removed Subsidy every sector activated their extorting characters. Roads are so bad u will think this is a war thorn region. Newly built roads are not in good condition. They say register for Lashma yet u still get billed like you never applied for anything.
OneCandleAway:

This is the reason lagos didn't vote Apc. Multiple taxation. Over taxation with nothing to show for it.

They don't have a choice or those agbero nurtw will be unleashed on them
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by PHAYOL81: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
First of, should traders sell wares at roadsides, along rail lines, or at motorparks etc?

LASG should look into their complaints though but they should nevertheless correct-/remove/relocate inapprioprate market establishments.

GOD BLESS ALL HARDWORKING AND PATRIOTIC LAGOSIANS

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE

EKO O NI BAJE O
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by mrvitalis(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tayorshd87:

I don't understand u can u explain further ??

What exactly don't you understand
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by smileyoo: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

If tinubu us a tax master Lagos should be generating 3 trillion minimum yearly

how do you determine how much Lagos state is generating as igr yearly, when they have raised the army of lazy youths collecting taxes with zero accountability ?
just watch with time you get to know why he is called the taskmaster.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Origin(f): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
When it's time to hold your LGA chairman and governor accountable make everybody siddon look.

They will collect back all the funds they spent on you during elections .....

Where are the avenues for holding them accountable....... NON.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by FireUpNow(m): 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:
100k to sale in Balogun market per year is not expensive na

My only issue is this money doesn't get to government

300k per year is not even much for me but it's fair

Nigerians needs to be taxed, tax is the only way to kill tribalism akd vote buying in Nigeria

When you pay 3 million in tax per year, no body would tell you to vote the right candidate that would give you value for money

Tax is Nigerians onlu hope for unity
Do we have tax refund?
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Jack500: 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
AlhajiCSO:

Rule 2

Why don't you call FBI?

Jobless thing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Tayorshd87: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

What exactly don't you understand

That only tax can me tribalism stop and can develop d country BLA BLA
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by uuzba(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
They should all stand their ground and stop paying till the government decide to look into the issue. I doubt they will work together sha
They won't
Government doesn't care.
Just another way of saying, "you people are too plenty in Lagos. Just go away".
Afterall, in China, there's a city where Chinese people have to get visa to enter the city.
In London, they have congestion charge for cars.
... all different ways of reducing the number of people in the cities.
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by totit: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
killsmith:

Yoruba women are very hardworking but I often wonder how these hardworking women could birth these lazy men.

And according to your leaking Igbotic brain, they are hard-working because they trade, isn't that right? Well, I hope your father, your aunty, your uncle, your sister, and yourself are all traders.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Love800(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
Some business need to be on the road to be seen so as to get more customers. Business like frying puff puff.
Menclothing:
Stop selling on road take a shop

Most road seller can actually afford a shop but litter everywhere this can’t be done even in nearby African countries
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Menclothing: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Love800:
Some business need to be on the road to be seen so as to get more customers. Business like frying puff puff.

If you have travel on vacation outside Nigeria you will know no business is meant to be traded on main road

It’s a dirty business culture we practice
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Love800(m): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hmm.
Deep.
Tankz anyway.
Menclothing:

If you have travel on vacation outside Nigeria you will know no business is meant to be traded on main road

It’s a dirty business culture we practice
Re: Lagos Traders Lament Multiple Levies, Allege Extortion In Markets by Chicagograduate(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
Iyaloja of Lagos who claims they dont need Nigeria s money to survive are actually a parasite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Ransom Paid For Kuriga School Children Release - FG Clarifies / How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country / Stay Away From June 12 Protests If You're Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.