Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? (2306 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by bingbagbo(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
I am not here 2 condemn islam but to inquire why most muslims r bad tempered, mean n violent.as compared 2 xtians, why?
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Sweetnecta: 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
you live in Accra. tell us the violence of muslims in Ghana?

i remember rawling telling christians to imitate the muslims.

many say kofi annan an other knew about may death of innocent people. including those poisoned.

then the genocide of rwanda
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
many of them here are violent embarassed eg sweetnecta
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by say4gunit(m): 12:02am On Oct 27, 2011
bin gbagbo:

I am not here 2 condemn islam but to inquire why most muslims r bad tempered, mean n violent.as compared 2 xtians, why?
have u ever live with any muslim that u noticed their violent behaviour? Even if u have, that doesnt make most muslims violent.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Sweetnecta: 2:11am On Oct 27, 2011
toba n sere ni o.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by olawalebabs(m): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2011
bin gbagbo:

I know you are only joking and not to make any enquiries. @toba, sweetnectar - 'violent' talk another thing
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2011
smh.

i dont trust sweetnecta. The man hates me for being a christian and he may kill me if hes chanced embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by olawalebabs(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toba, that allegation is too much, don't let the anonymous the web convers be abuse. Calling somebody a potential killer is too much and we should not condone it.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by vedaxcool(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
^^^

Better you ignore the hypocrite fellow,as toba once invoke thunder to strike Muslims atheist etc here is his thunderous words WARNING these words are very graphic

toba

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.
« #79 on: August 10, 2010, 10:37 PM »

^^thats y Nigeria may never move forward.Nigerians are worse.Imagine its the islamic nuissance that look for trouble&yet cry foul. The xtians receives bashing from all sides(atheist,muslims,pagan deists etc) yet they live with it, unlike the muslims
ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. [size=18pt]May thunder strike them down[/size]
   Report to moderator   Logged
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487580.64.htmlhttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487580.64.html#msg6550685
Now Op maybe you may start by asking toba why he wants every non - Christian on nl dead
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by olawalebabs(m): 6:06am On Oct 28, 2011
Thanks bro for the reference. Is high time i start ignoring him.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by vedaxcool(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2011
Always a pleasure brother!
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2011
Ha ha ha ha,Vedaxcool dealing with Toba cool, Honestly, have never seen a post written by a muslim saying "may thunder strick them down",only Christian Toba
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
They cannot be better than Muhammad ( PBUH ) if you ask me ! cool
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Sweetnecta: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
Welcome Mr. Frosbel. There is a lot of frost on the grass. And its not winter yet. I say this is gonna be a brutal one. Brace yourself for the Noreaster.

No one is better than Muhammad [as], meek John and Jesus [as] included, or feisty Noah and Moses [as] included, or mild mannered Abraham and Ishmael [as] included.

@Frosbel: I wonder who Papa Bush and Baby Bush copied?
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
^

Same man who is rejoicing over the sentencing to death for an innocent woman accused of insulting Mo.

Your clowning on this form knows no bounds. I am used to your gibberish grin

Go to the circus, they will find your talents useful cheesy
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by deols(f): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
op is misguided. I used to think the guy is a Muslim. Hw can u conclude, just like dat dat Muslims are generally violent ?? How many Muslims do you know??
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by BetaThings: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2011
bin gbagbo:

^^^
you know, i wont insult you because of my my wife Agybabe and my new position in church(CARETAKER) angry angry

OBASANJO!!! angry angry

The OP is an active christian. Reason for the thread is clear
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Sweetnecta: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2011
@frosbel: « #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17 PM »
[Quote]^

Same man who is rejoicing over the sentencing to death for an innocent woman accused of insulting Mo.

Your clowning on this form knows no bounds. I am used to your gibberish Grin

Go to the circus, they will find your talents useful Cheesy[/Quote]Since I do not know any Mo, please show me how I rejoice over the sentencing to death of anyone, and if you will use the "innocent woman" as your pointing out this claim of yours against me. You seem to be angry and now showing it through frustrations, accusations, etc.

You need to take chilling pill, "mate/bloke" Don't let the wife and children receive any of these. You need a vacation, anger management and maybe a time away from NL. You need to pay this muslim for this beneficial session.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hitler is reported to have killed six million Jews, This is a world record by all standard, Last I check Hitler was a Christian, so was his ally Mussolini of Italy, If these occured a long time a go here is another one, Serbian orthodox christians massacred thousands of Muslims in one fell swoop at sebrenica in 1995, also these same serbian christians repeatedly gang raped muslim women who were then held captive until they delivered their babies . The only people in history who used rape as an official war starategy are christians,
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by bingbagbo(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2011
abeg, let no one twist my words, i have no prejudice behind this thread right? it wa s jus t an observation i made okay, so stop crucifying me here.
i love and respect any other religion okay?

shittz! angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by olawalebabs(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
Bin, outside the jokes section, i believe you are serious guy. Nobody is crucifying you but your signature is causing you problem.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by OmoOlomu(m): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2011
@op by askn ds ques are u nt d violent 1.abi how did u cm 2 ds ur conclussn
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by BetaThings: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
bin gbagbo:

abeg, let no one twist my words, i have no prejudice behind this thread right? it wa s jus t an observation i made okay, so stop crucifying me here.
i love and respect any other religion okay?

shittz! angry angry angry

Twist? See what you wrote, Sir
love and respect any other?
Ok. Heard of Berlin conference of 1884-1885. What were christians doing there?
WWI? WWII? Bay of Pigs? Vietnam? US in Grenada, Nicaragua, Iraq - cool actions all?

bin gbagbo:

Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by LagosShia: 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by LagosShia: 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
even though christns, deists, atheists etc are violent, muslims are more violent than all other religious sect followers.

its a fact. this can be traced to the literature they read sad
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
how
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2011
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by BetaThings: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^

Better you ignore the hypocrite fellow,as toba once invoke thunder to strike Muslims atheist etc here is his thunderous words WARNING these words are very graphic

toba

Re: My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.
« #79 on: August 10, 2010, 10:37 PM »

^^thats y Nigeria may never move forward.Nigerians are worse.Imagine its the islamic nuissance that look for trouble&yet cry foul. The xtians receives bashing from all sides(atheist,muslims,pagan deists etc) yet they live with it, unlike the muslims
ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. [size=18pt]May thunder strike them down[/size]
   Report to moderator   Logged
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487580.64.htmlhttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487580.64.html#msg6550685
Now Op maybe you may start by asking toba why he wants every non - Christian on nl dead

This is what you had in mind?

toba:

ajoguegbe opened a thread on mohammad.firstly mukina2 moved it to islamic section&subsequently the thread was locked. This pathetic islamic pigs didnt see anything wrong with that.Here they are having free time to incite&look for trouble. May thunder strike them down.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by BetaThings: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2011
sojjy:

@crackles,don't accuse men of God wrongly.Even if T.B is a fraud,you don't need to judge him as judgement only lies in God hands.I jst pity Yara'adua 4 wat Turai has turned him to.Power drunk turai.
Re: Why Are Muslims Generally Violent? by Fopening: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why is it that it's only chirstian that alway complaining about muslims not be good to others, volent, terrorist & so on whereas the real practical of thoes words are found in their sect. Whatever the chirstains complained about higher number of it was found with them than the muslims. When the south-south problem start, they bomb independent day parade ground, put all into panic by saying in newpaper to bomb surulere national stadium at the final match b/w Nigeria vs Spain junior world cup,kidnap foreigner, run around with guns- No Muslims lay the blame on Chirstain religion. Now, the northern problem had start too, the Nigeria Muslims were to blame. You got the key to let out what is already on yr heart toward them by calling them names, insult their religion e.t.c. Whereas among those caught with ammunitions are chirstain too. Chirstain should come out behind the sheet to say what they really want.

(1) (Reply)

Sunnahs And Etiquettes Of EID. / Why Are Muslims Still Raw Over The Crusades? / A Mother And Her Sick Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.