Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! (11181 Views)

Describe Nigeria In Few Sentences........... / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? / Describe Nigeria In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by tunene: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
Maladministration
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by dwalsh: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
From my view, I strongly agree with "SHORTSIGHTEDNESS".

Most of the supposed problems listed are mere offsprings of this.
Nigeria is corrupt and greedy because it lives for now alone, and doesn't think of its long term standing and its unborn generations.
Nigeria is directionless, because it has no leader that has a clear vision for its future (this is similar to vagueness).
I can categorize "Foolishness, Illiteracy, Ignorance, Dishonesty, Insincerity, Hunger, Selfcenteredness, Selfishness, etc" as elements of Shortsightedness.

A good leader will give the nation a clear vision and direction. A good leader will give its followers hope for the future. A good leader is not myopic (shortsighted). A good leader is a strategist,

This is but my view, Shortsightedness best describes Nigeria in one word.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by jamace(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
g-r-e-e-d-i-n-e-s-s
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by emiye(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
selfishness
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by yelanst(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2011
oil
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by yelanst(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
oil
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by 1025: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
cultists

obasanjo = wickedness

pdp
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by marveouz: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2011
COWARDNESS
phrase, Nigerians are COWARDS
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by marveouz: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
COWARDLINESS
phrase, Nigerians are COWARDS
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by teewhye(m): 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
sorry poster, i cant help but describe it in more than one word,  [b][size=20pt]LACK OF LOVE.[/size][/b].,
the remaining problems we see or or think we have are all brought about by the absence of love. an average nigerian thinks of him/herself ONLY and never considers the consequences of his/her actions until it harms someone else,  cry
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by ov: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2011
one word to describe 9ja biggest problem
"NIGERIANS"- (citizens r too wek, relaxed to kno n fight for their rights)

one word to describe 9ja situation
"bleeped" - beyond redemption
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by rikamann: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2011
Indiscipline
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by DonChimax(m): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Obasanjo.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by cchampme(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
no-ideology
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by igahdavid(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
TRIBALISM
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Olaone1: 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2011
BABE's answer is the BEST!
It's NIGERIANS!

Yes, we are corrupt because we are ignorant. Thus, Nigerians are ignorant. Which means that Nigerians need to examine themselves.
The whole country is corrupt - even pastors!

What I don't understand is since we are all corrupt and we know it, where are those people who cry while praying in churches and mosques?
Or, if I may ask, which is more important: crying while praying or living above board? We are highly hypocritical!

My answer to the question: Nigerians
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Relax101(m): 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
Shakabula
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Kc3000: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2011
The people.
- why have we not revolted, given all that we have been through.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Ignorance!
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by obailala(m): 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2011
[size=24pt]IMPUNITY[/size]

Most people have voted for corruption but what we fail to realise is that corruption exists in every nation and every mind in the world. A critical look at the Nigerian situation reveals that something greater is responsible for the prevalence of corruption; IMPUNITY creates a perfect habitat for corruption to thrive.

Nigerian leaders know that no matter how corrupt they get, they can NEVER be punished. They know the worst that can happen is to be stripped from power and prevented from being even more corrupt. If only a few of our leaders can be punished with jail terms, we would be surprised at the effect that would have on our nation.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Yewe2011(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2011
ETHNOCENTRISM
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Yewe2011(m): 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
ethnocentrism/tribalism is what caused your war and is the reason why distrust continues amongst you Nigerians.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by mulumele(m): 12:13am On Oct 28, 2011
SELFISHNESS
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by PointB: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2011
Core North!
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by aljharem3: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

Core North!

Stop displaying your ignorance here. Olodo
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by PointB: 1:00am On Oct 28, 2011
^^^
State your and get out if the way. North is the one dragging Nigeria back. How come u are the only one who doesn't know this? Are u an abok?
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by dradoyi(m): 1:40am On Oct 28, 2011
corruption.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Palin: 2:30am On Oct 28, 2011
curruption!!!!!
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Nymphnode(m): 2:41am On Oct 28, 2011
CRUDE OIL Without it we will still have the groundnut pyramids and others.
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Jidefido(m): 2:49am On Oct 28, 2011
[b][/b] grin
BOKO HARAM!!!!!
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by micheall36: 3:25am On Oct 28, 2011
corruption!!!
Re: Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! by Katsumoto: 3:46am On Oct 28, 2011
WICKEDNESS

Let me break it down

Nigeria's biggest problem is corruption but that corruption is just an effect. Wickedness of the Nigerian heart leads to corruption. Nigerians don't generally want money because of the comfort it brings but because they want to oppress others. This leads to politicians stealing state funds, policemen shooting citizens, they are meant to protect, for 10 Naira, and normal citizens being convicted of slavery in countries where having and treating others as slaves is a crime. Let me give some examples.

A few months back, there was a story of a young man who borrowed 1.5 million naira to buy a bus so as to work as a transporter. Well, his bus got burnt by policemen who wanted a bribe with the policemen claiming the stationary vehicle 'overheated'. How is this young man supposed to pay back that loan let alone find another means of earning a living. Nigerians employ maids, tailors, mechanics, etc and will physically assualt anyone who works for them as long as they feel they are richer than that person. Thats one of the reasons you hear of Nigerians being convicted in the UK and US for enslaving others. Politicians embezzle state funds that should go to building solid infrastructure, hospitals, schools, etc. The net effect of that is that many die on the roads or in the air, pupils are poorly educated, life is generally hard, etc.

I believe that Karma exists and it is a bi.tch. What goes around comes around. A is wicked to B and B is wicked to C's dad who is wicked to A's daughter. It becomes a vicious never ending circle. In the story about the young man with the bus, there is no way that those policemen will not be cursed. What makes the pay-back triple fold is that Nigerians are the most religious people in the world and the biggest hypocrites. Go to every crusade every day of the week but still have a wicked heart. Same thing with Muslims; just look at Boko Haram. No doubt BH is political but the foot soldiers believe they are doing it for their 'God'.  

So I guess, you can also say Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria; if you replace Nigerians with people who are equally gifted, resilient, and not so wicked, you will witness progress in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: EFCC Arraigns Senator Peter Nwaboshi / We Will Eliminate Corruption & Drive Away Madness Called Kidnappers - Tinubu / Tinubu Prioritizes Inclusive, Swift Economic Recovery - Ajuri Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.