Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,891 members, 7,852,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC (45438 Views)

Minimum Wage: Strike Begins As National Assembly's Intervention Fails / Apapa Port Shut, Commuters Stranded As Warning Strike Begins In Lagos / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by lwisee: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please let the strike begin jare
Tired of this government
Seems they don't know what they are doing
I voted Tinubu and I'm disappointed in him
6 months gone already, no concrete plan on how to move Nigeria forward
The paliatives meant for the poor were shared by APC memebers
It's true that a corrupt man can never fight corruption.
As at today, I can't locate any Petrol engine to CNG conversion station in Lagos. They keep promising and promising.
Petrol is N595 as at today, Dollar is N1,100.
If this government couldn't bring down the cost of food items by December, a massive protest will errupt in January which might likely lead to a change of government.
I fear for the future of this Nation.

8 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Sangoamadioha1: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

We all see you on every topic, bro. It's not hard to deduce that you're jobless. No offence.

Like helinues said, how would you know if you too are not always on nairaland.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot 😂😂😂

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by asanausana91: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
When we expected them to shut down the government they chicken out. Now that beating enter their faces they want us to go on strike.
Me I just dey my day.

14 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by elpochas: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

I was going to ask you if you will flout the NLC order when the strike eventually begins, then it dawned on me that you don't even have a job to begin with.
Lolz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by dododawa1: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Imo

Or

WHERE?

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Greenfaces: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nlc please keep your promise even once my leave don finish for workplace and I need go hustle. Strike better strike make we self know say una dey game

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by oyeb15: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
Better
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by favor2016: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Over the assault?? Not over the crumbled economy. These NLC leaders are crazy

12 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by blamingthedevil: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Another beating coming for the idiots

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by omoiyalayi(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

I was going to ask you if you will flout the NLC order when the strike eventually begins, then it dawned on me that you don't even have a job to begin with.

Mumu wey get work 🤣😄😆😀

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Popesuccess(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bomble:
Too bad
Especially when they will off light like the last time.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Ibman: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
I beg let this people shut up and get out.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by chiboycue: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/breaking-nationwide-strike-begins-monday-midnight/

NLC and TUC do not have the balls to embark on a strike. They are on their own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by samdaisi: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
When his party failed woefully on last Saturday election, useless NLC labour Union

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by omoiyalayi(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
NLC the other arm of labour party

I know it is the losses they suffered in the just concluded elections that is gingering this strike

Na dem go tire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
You want to ground Nigeria because one person was assaulted...

He was assaulted in IMO State but went to Abuja to ground economic activities to a halt.

He now wants to go further by grounding the whole country after Abuja episode??

Not enough reason and not at this time.

This is not the time to down tools as a form of protest.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Lovenorth: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
God bless NLC
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Angelfrost(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
How is it that Mr. President hasn't addressed this since?!!

This was how Buhari kept silent till EndSars escalated.

Is it that you guys don't know something called "A stitch in time saves nine"?!!

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by MrBONE2(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

As a man, he is supposed to love breast just like our principal below:

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Dexy4yah(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
UnfairLife7:
God will make your life and that of your entire family retrogress like that of Nigeria

Amen
And you think God will answer such useless prayer.

The reverse will rather be the case..

Very senseless comment from you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by GDare: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
cheesy wink

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by jimcaddy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Honestly after the days of Adams Oshiomhole, the Nigeria Labour Congress has become a toothless bulldog. Only bark, they cannot bite. This strike should have been held aa long time ago immediately after the removal of fuel subsidy without a corresponding increase in the minimum wage. It's so annoying that the FG thinks that 30k can still feed a family of one in this Nigeria. Everything is so bloody expensive, including basic amenities like food. You carry 10k to supermarket, you will only buy four items and the money has finished. Like wtf is going on in this country. Aren't there supposed to be government price regulatory agencies that should go around and tell retailers or wholesalers to stop charging abnormal profit on the price of basic commodities? Now you collect salary of 100k, in two weeks it has finished. Yet to even get that 100k job is a fcukiiing struggle. Companies will be dangling 40 to 70k in front of a whole Graduate and will use and over use you, then also at the end of the month, they will still owe you salary. Like Nigeria is just a write off, honestly. Like we Nigerians are just the ones doing this to ourselves. We don't like one another. We don't mind if Nigeria becomes spoilt, as long as some few greedy people can benefit. Meanwhile you travel abroad, you go and behave yourselves over there. Like we are bunch of bloody hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by seborrhic: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Clowns.
This Ajaero has just reduced NLC to a laughing stock.
Always threatening strike,but yet would later do a volte face.
Imagine going on nationwide strike over an assault by a state governor.
Why not just in Imo state if at all it necessitates a strike?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by gfon(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Cmanforall:

I got from a reliable source, Imo State governor is not owing any legitimate worker salary. All those saying he's owing them are those employed through the back door and workers who should have retired but keep falsifying their age. How can you pay salary to someone who got his FSLC at the age of 2? Is that not obvious he should have retired and make space of younger ones to be employed?
And some youths are supporting this illegality
You and your reliable source don't know what y'all are saying, go to imo and make your findings, not "Dem Say"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

James Ibori Looking Dapper As He Receives Delta State Delegates In London. PICS / LASTMA Officials Beg Lagosians For Forgiveness Ahead Of Governorship / What Ganduje, Masari Discussed In Leaked Audio (Full Transcript)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.