Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,494 members, 7,847,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC (45399 Views)

Apapa Port Shut, Commuters Stranded As Warning Strike Begins In Lagos / Judiciary Workers Shut Down Supreme Court As Indefinite Strike Begins / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Useless union angry

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Useless union angry
ewu union
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by torqque7(m): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
Cmanforall:

I got from a reliable source, Imo State governor is not owing any legitimate worker salary. All those saying he's owing them are those employed through the back door and workers who should have retired but keep falsifying their age. How can you pay salary to someone who got his FSLC at the age of 2? Is that not obvious he should have retired and make space of younger ones to be employed?
And some youths are supporting this illegality

Are you joking?is the illegality in Aso rock any different.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by lordphenom: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Una dey crqze
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Chetas81(m): 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Shut up
Losers
ONLY GOD THE MISERABLE THINGS HAPPEN TO THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN WHO KEEP ON SUPPORTING APC GOVERNMENT
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by alenwup(m): 12:10am On Nov 14, 2023
Another cash(out loading... These ones scam pass politicians
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by emmyN(m): 12:32am On Nov 14, 2023
lwisee:
Please let the strike begin jare
Tired of this government
Seems they don't know what they are doing
I voted Tinubu and I'm disappointed in him
6 months gone already, no concrete plan on how to move Nigeria forward
The paliatives meant for the poor were shared by APC memebers
It's true that a corrupt man can never fight corruption.
As at today, I can't locate any Petrol engine to CNG conversion station in Lagos. They keep promising and promising.
Petrol is N595 as at today, Dollar is N1,100.
If this government couldn't bring down the cost of food items by December, a massive protest will errupt in January which might likely lead to a change of government.
I fear for the future of this Nation.

On what premise did you vote him dude? Buhari was bad enough; Tinubu's numerous public gaffes preceding the election wasn't enough cue, but you took your thumb and signed this country away to another eight years of hopelessness! You guys are so annoying! angry
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Holaomoakin(m): 12:34am On Nov 14, 2023
NLC under this Igbo man is a complete trash! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Mosba: 12:34am On Nov 14, 2023
Nairalandhero:
I will be sending men to Lagos to burn down everywhere any moment from now. Obidients own Nigeria. Peter Obi controls Nigeria.

Lagos government was too lenient during your last attempt to destroy Lagos, few years later hundreds of dead bodies were announced even none of their relatives fit go claim the body. Las las na to feed them to sharks in Athletics ocean.
Do any how this time around when Lagos has much more to protect and you will be wasted by soldiers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by emmyN(m): 12:41am On Nov 14, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
You want to ground Nigeria because one person was assaulted...

He was assaulted in IMO State but went to Abuja to ground economic activities to a halt.

He now wants to go further by grounding the whole country after Abuja episode??

Not enough reason and not at this time.

This is not the time to down tools as a form of protest.

You don't get it, an assault on the NLC President is an assault on all Nigerian workers because he is the face of the union.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Please is it true that igos are going on strike?
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Funflipper: 1:45am On Nov 14, 2023
Splashme:

Oga, what partisan politics did he take part in?

The man organised a protest for non-payment of salaries, pensions and gratuities for many year. Was that a political event?

Hope is lying that he's not owing salaries, pensions and gratuities ... lies!

But what has the beaten got to do with people living in faraway places like sokoto?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by fabolouz1(m): 3:09am On Nov 14, 2023
This NLC is fast becoming a nuisance.
Instead of seeking redress in court , they are downing tools. For what exactly?
This is the worst ever president to lead the union and I don't pity him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Donedeal1(m): 4:50am On Nov 14, 2023
This is the right time for the federal government to silence all this unpatriotic elements.
The beaten of the labor leader take place in the location primed up for a gubernatorial election within a week.
You calling out workers to get on the street,aiming at derailment of the process
Now the reactions of the culprit and you want to bring this to the national scene.
This is highly irresponsible of the labor leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by sucobaba(m): 5:31am On Nov 14, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

tongue
I was going to ask you if you will flout the NLC order when the strike eventually begins, then it dawned on me that you don't even have a job to begin with.

To think I just liked this to hit 419 likes is indeed tongue tongue grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Iamzik: 5:52am On Nov 14, 2023
olatade:
And the reason for this is because he was beaten? How does it benefit the common man on the street? A serious NLC president can not and should not involve himself in partisan politics.

As an APC member, you don't have to support every action of APC government.

You don't seem to understand how much this APC government has undermined national institutions.
APC government balkanizee Kano emirate stool, factionalized NUC and is now sponsoring assault of NLC. Look let me tell you Nigeria has no opposition party because PDP is more useless than APC.

NLC seeem to be the last organized body that at least have courage to challenge the government. Yet you support state actors who burnt this man's house and physically assault him? How low can we go?

I hope you are very rich and protected because when they succeed in destroying NLC there will be NO organized body to speak for ordinary Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by johnjose68: 6:00am On Nov 14, 2023
helinues:
For more jokes, sms NLC to 419

grin

I just SMS NLC to 419.

I just received a response:

NLC is labouring in vain just like their LP and I.pob partners and the headless mob - the fascist wink
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Splashme: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2023
Omenlon:
please who beat Ajaero, Is it the federation or imolite? Why transferring domestic affairs to the entire nation. Ajaero is an imolite and his fellow imolites beat him, so what is the correlation between his beating in Imo and shutting down Nigeria.. those advising should advise him well otherwise, he will not end well.

Ajaero is the NLC national chairman. The Police men that manhandled him belong to FG
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Splashme: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2023
Funflipper:

But what has the beaten got to do with people living in faraway places like sokoto?

He is the NLC national chairman. The Police men that manhandled him belong to FG.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by leksbore(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Nlc just go and sit down and shut up,stop causing suffering and hardship for us in this country,,,we can't afford to go on strike this period of the month
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2023
emmyN:

You don't get it, an assault on the NLC President is an assault on all Nigerian workers because he is the face of the union.

So grinding an Ailing Economy is the sure way to go about it?

Please explain why it was Abuja they went to last week to block those flying?

They need to find more creative but less harmful ways of expressing their grouse.

This is not fair, right or ethical!
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by emmyN(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

So grinding an Ailing Economy is the sure way to go about it?

Please explain why it was Abuja they went to last week to block those flying?

They need to find more creative but less harmful ways of expressing their grouse.

This is not fair, right or ethical!

A nation will go to war if a single attack is made on its President on foreign soil! This strike is by all means justified. Left with no response, it gives the executive arm the impunity to mistreat workers and the union. That's exactly how dictatorship starts.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2023
emmyN:

A nation will go to war if a single attack is made on its President on foreign soil! This strike is by all means justified. Left with no response, it gives the executive arm the impunity to mistreat workers and the union. That's exactly how dictatorship starts.

Mmmh,ok o.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by breezeng: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Some people are just crazy idiots. If NLC is dead, then democracy and human right is dead in Nigeria. Ajaero has nothing to do with imo politics. The politicians are just looking for a way to crucify him. If Labour union fail, who will fight for workers and the common man. I just pity Nigerians. Don't encourage one party system, it will bring hardship to everyone. Labour is the voice of the people. Don't join hand to dig your own grave, Nigeria politicians are wicked and unreliable.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Quebec91(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2023
cheesy
RingRoadCartel:
Keep calm, Tinubu is coming, make e look breast fininsh.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by ajepako(f): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
Keep calm, Tinubu is coming, make e look breast fininsh.

You no well oo grin grin grin

But sha na true. grin

Tinubu no fit do anything again even if he sees bress and yansh of Toke Makinwa and Destiny Etiko

Baba don retaya for that side grin grin
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by Evolutionism: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2023
Useless People with their non ending Whinings.
Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by MomohMrMoore: 11:07am On Nov 14, 2023
NLC has become laughing stock. Nationwide strike for someone that was beaten during his Labour Party campaigns in Imo state? NLC is now Labour Party. Its doomed to fail. I am a worker, am not for Labour Party. Obi supporters want to strike.. dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC by EtinosaDLaw(m): 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
sucobaba:

To think I just liked this to hit 419 likes is indeed tongue tongue grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Kidnapping, Banditry Not Federal Offences In Nigeria / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.