Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) (6353 Views)

Man Marries Two Beautiful Women In Delta State (pics, Video) / Why Do Ladies Like Marrying Older Men / See Dick Size Of Nigerian Men According To Their State Of Origin (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by marvelck: 6:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Akwa Ibom girls and guys have limited options when it comes to marriage, because they don't like marrying outside their State/tribe

Don't know if it has to do with language barrier or due to other reasons.

Like other tribes, who don't see anything wrong with inter tribal marriage, they are usually reluctant to date or marry outside their State.

They need to allow the beauty they possess spread around the country, haba. Why keep all your fine girls in one place (akwa Ibom). They need to go out there, mix and get married to outsiders.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2023
Undue assumption and long drawn conclusion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by SafetyFirst(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2023
To avoid speaking English.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by SafetyFirst(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Cassandraloius: 6:57am On Nov 14, 2023
My Aunt married an AkwaIbom man, I don't think it's everyone that is limited.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:02am On Nov 14, 2023
If you've been around them before,be it AkwaIbom or Cross-River, you will notice they likes to speak their language alot, hence most will prefer settling down with their tribesmen and tribeswomen 😂 😂 😂

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Edizzy(m): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2023
I don't know where you get this from but it's not true, because I know a lot of our women are married to Igbos and men from other tribe including our men

My elder sister got married to an Ijaw man from Bayelsa, while my elder brother married a lady from Abia

Me I'm open to Marriage from any tribe and that's how we behave in Akwa Ibom

Don't say what you don't know

I Come in peace

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Ebubu: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2023
Edizzy:
I don't know where you get this from but it's not true, because I know a lot of our women are married to Igbos and men from other tribe including our men

My elder sister got married to an Ijaw man from Bayelsa, while my elder brother married a lady from Abia

Me I'm open to Marriage from any tribe and that's how we behave in Akwa Ibom

Don't say what you don't know

I Come in peace

Yet I went to uniuyo and all the girls I discussed about marriage were reluctant about marrying Igbo.

They said we are too loud and use our wives married from outside Igbo land for ritual, then marry our own tribes woman with money and enjoy.

They are also very reluctant to move into Igbo land to dwell and base.

The few Akwa Ibom women who married Igbo men, married Igbo men who dwell and base in Akwa Ibom full time, if you dare mention that you’ll be taking her back to the East, that marriage will not hold.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Blazebond(m): 8:17am On Nov 14, 2023
Where is Peter obi wife from? In my small circle there are 5 akwa ibom ladies married to urhobo,isoko and Igbo friends of mine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by SenecaTheYonger: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2023
I think Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Calabar, are the only Southerners that marry outside of their tribe very well.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by edogu(m): 8:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Peter Obi's wife is from Akwa Ibom
My former neighbour, Kingsley, his wife is from Akwa Ibom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Couldntfigurean: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2023
Ebubu:

Yet I went to uniuyo and all the girls I discussed about marriage were reluctant about marrying Igbo.

They said we are too loud and use our wives married from outside Igbo land for ritual, then marry our own tribes woman with money and enjoy.

The few Akwa Ibom women who married Igbo men, married Igbo men who dwell and base in Akwa Ibom full time, if you dare mention that you’ll be taking her back to the East, that marriage will not hold.
You went to Uniuyo just to go discuss with their girls if they would marry Igbo guys
Are you that jobless?
I guess you are doing the Job you are paid to do,i.e insulting and demarketing Igbo people at any slight opportunity you get

I guess my uncle (who married an annang woman) and Peter Obi lives in Akwaibom because they married Akwa ibom ladies?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Ebubu: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
You went to Uniuyo just to go discuss with their girls if they would marry Igbo guys
Are you that jobless?
I guess you are doing the Job you are paid to do,i.e insulting and demarketing Igbo people at any slight opportunity you get

I guess my uncle (who married an annang woman) and Peter Obi lives in Akwaibom because they married Akwa ibom ladies?

Those two do not make the majority.

And yes I schooled in Uniuyo for 5 years the fûcking kidding me. I had all the time to do that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by spencekat(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2023
They marry outside their states.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by spencekat(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2023
Ebubu:

They said we are too loud and use our wives [/b]married from outside Igbo land for ritual,[b] then marry our own tribes woman with money and enjoy.

Old story

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Blitzking: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2023
marvelck:
Akwa Ibom girls and guys have limited options when it comes to marriage, because they don't like marrying outside their State/tribe

Like other tribes, who don't see anything wrong with inter tribal marriage, they are usually reluctant to date or marry outside their State.

They need to allow the beauty they possess spread around the country, haba. Why keep all your fine girls in one place (akwa Ibom). They need to go out there, mix and get married to outsiders.
Akwaibom...the best lady I ever had was from akwaibom..love their names and how their mother tongue affect how they speak English language..they are always ready to satisfy their men Nd if u are lucky to get one wey neva tear eye she will be for u for life she won't cheat Nd u see that sex ehn...she will always be ready any day any time if her work is 8am and touch her by 6 30 am be ready to finish wat u started.y ak babe has the physique of the first lady the op posted.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by spencekat(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Ebubu:

And yes I schooled in Uniuyo for 5 years the fûcking kidding me. I had all the time to do that.
A lot of Igbos got married to women from the Annag tribe.Remember that section of Akwa Ibom share boundary with Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by spencekat(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2023
SenecaTheYonger:
I think Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Calabar, are the only Southerners that marry outside of their tribe very well.
Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Edo. Cross River no send at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by TinubuDeDrugLor: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Ebubu:

It's obvious you're a Yoruba clown doing your dirty job as usual.

Go get a life ok.

Shameless tribal swine masquerading as a Nigerian.

Igbos and Akwaibomites inter marry beyond your useless tribal instigated hatred.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2023
I'm frm Akwa Ibom and my mom is frm Edo state, one of my uncles married an Imo state woman. I have a cousin that marries an American nd i have uncles that married yoruba women. In my LG we have hundreds-thousands of pple who are married to pple frm different tribes in Nigeria but some of u will just wake up nd start posting assumptions. Keep wallowing in ur ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Countersam(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2023
marvelck:

Only their men can match up to their sex appetite. Besides their language is important to them so same tribe marriage sweet pass

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Countersam(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2023
marvelck:

My most loyal girlfriend for life was from Akwa Ibom, and she was willing to give her life to marry me although am not from her place neither do I speak or understand her local language. I fault your assumption by the way. They are people that travel out of state a lot for permanent residency and they marry from anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2023
Also, Benin mostly marry within their tribe.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by victory36(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2023
This is a big fat lie

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Shelter100(f): 10:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Could be cultural. Same with Ghanaians
Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by virginchaser(m): 11:00am On Nov 14, 2023
It's obvious no tribe can compete with Akwa Ibom girls. They are quite submissive, caring and understanding. Above all they will go to any level you desire with baddest ringing tones in ozza room. Omo, no be juju o. They understood man mechanism but presently women liberation is gradually eroding all these.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2023
Assumptions upon assumptions

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Latter: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Maybe fear of stranger - Xenophobia
Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by awumen: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
U see dat 8a.m resumption at work?
Hmmmm,mak I kno talk.
In all,its a wrong assumption up there and they are good, I mean submissive good.
Blitzking:

Akwaibom...the best lady I ever had was from akwaibom..love their names and how their mother tongue affect how they speak English language..they are always ready to satisfy their men Nd if u are lucky to get one wey neva tear eye she will be for u for life she won't cheat Nd u see that sex ehn...she will always be ready any day any time if her work is 8am and touch her by 6 30 am be ready to finish wat u started.y ak babe has the physique of the first lady the op posted.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by DyingFetus: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
Take your meds op

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Allisgud: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2023
Akwa ibom girl go dey date u,him go bring him village boyfriend come Lagos,tell u say na him broda,na so Dem go dey wipe each other

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Akwa Ibom Girls Don't Like Marrying Outside Their State (pics) by Justkatty(f): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Wrong assumption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes You Follow Who You Follow Here On Nairaland? / I Don't Believe In Love Anymore / Her Right Boob Is Bigger Than The Left One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.