Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout (9747 Views)

Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / NASS Workers Strike Threatens 2019 Budget Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by nlfpmod: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
The Transmission Company of Nigeria has debunked the report by Daily Post which stated that electricity workers have shut down the national power grid.

According to Daily Post, Ndidi Mbah, the spokesperson for Transmission Company of Nigeria, confirmed the shut down.

The news platform reported that the shut down was in compliance with the declaration of an indefinite strike by organized labour unions.

However, the TCN has described the report of national blackout as false.

The electricity agency noted that Ndidi Mbah never made comment about national grid being shut down.

The statement from the company reads: The Transmission Company of Nigeria hereby states that the publication by Daily Post alleging that the Head of Public Affairs of TCN said that there will be a national blackout is false and totally misleading.

The statement is mischievous and baseless as TCN, through the Public Affairs Head, did not make such statement.

We hereby note that the nation’s grid is intact and supplying bulk electricity to distribution load centers nationwide.

“As at when issuing this statement, the TCN National Control Centre Osogbo which controls bulk power transmission nationwide, is actively operational.

We would appreciate that reports are made with a sense of responsibility not just to cause panic.”

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) the Trade Union Congress (TUC) and its affiliates including the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), on Tuesday, began a nationwide strike, in defiance to a restraining court order barring them from embarking on the industrial action.

The two major labour unions, NLC and TUC, had declared the strike, following the brutalization of the NLC president, Joe Ajaero, in Imo State on 1 November.

Mr Ajaero was attacked in Owerri, the state capital, during an NLC protest against the Imo State government over alleged maltreatment of workers in the state.

The unions on Monday directed their members to down tools across the country as from Tuesday.

This is despite the restraining order issued by the National Industrial Court, in Abuja, on Friday, stopping the labour unions from embarking on the strike.

The interim order issued by the court followed an ex-parte request by the Nigerian government through the office of Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, due to the Labour unions’ threat to embark on strike.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/11/14/nigerias-grid-intact-supplying-bulk-electricity-to-distribution-centers-nationwide-tcn/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

7 Likes

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by ShugaSneh: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nigeria at all level should be grounded

Ebola Thimbulu should be dragged by his black balls back to iragbiji.

If not done, the country will continue to nose dive unless all head slammers and Ebola Thimbulu leaves the affairs of Nigeria for sensible people

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Lovenorth: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2023
They would certainly join as at when due

4 Likes

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Connected1: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Okay
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by 3ice9ce: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
TCN can shut down in Imo, na there Ajaero chop mending.

Here where I dey, nothing concerns me and NLC.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Tboymessiah(m): 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by LeoDeKing: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Confirmed.

Power supply was stable before I left home this morning and still very stable where I'm right now.

I know some miscreants will soon start screaming they don't have power since Tinubu was sworn in.

Electric power is not free anywhere in the world, go and recharge your pre paid, you will see power.

Meanwhile, are we expecting power supply in that village where some barbarians beat up NLC president?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by inoki247: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Lol all of na dey mad no be Imo dem beat NLC chairman so why even bring the madness to all states suffer the people that deal with NLC chairman....

Why must we the innocent chop inside the sufferness...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by alizma: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
We have light, I no go talk the area.
Person wey beat you dey your village, go back there and address your political problem with him. Purportedly, Kogi governor is owing workers the same way Imo is owing but my brother run to his home state to declare protest.

10 Likes

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Flier: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Anyone who shut down electricity should be sentence to life imprisonment,it make no sense
it can never happen anywhere in the world

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Hollyharjii: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Isokay
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Risingblue008(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
I just dey pray make
Police go strike for just a-day,
Hmmm,
Just a day
But police and civil defence
Ater the strike believe me,
Naija go better by force,
That's just we need self
Make police and civil defence go strike

I'll call it

THE PURGE

2 Likes

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by FreeStuffsNG: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Shhhhh . OP please don't loud it. You will give heart attack too soon to the sore losers, naysayers and those Prof Soyinka described as insolent, barbaric illiterates.

The TCN should petition the NBC and DSS to go after the journalist who published the fake news.

I have not even bothered to read any news on the illegal strike called by Labour Party. I will blame the AG if his office doesn't prosecute everyone of the members of the labour party behind the illegality and contempt of lawful court order.

We can't have 2 different justice system, one which allows lp mob break the law and walk free while ordinary Nigerians are languishing in jail for breaking same laws the lp mob are trampling on. Check my signature for free stuffs!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Postinor: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Bleep israel,death to terrorist christains

1 Like

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by MissIndependent(f): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ok
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Bmaster(m): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Make dem try dat nonsense for this moment of heat and see massive protest.
even if every other union of labour goes on strike,nepa and it's sister branches should not go.they want to frustrate our night rest ?

1 Like

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by 3ice9ce: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Postinor:
Bleep israel,death to terrorist christains

Wrong thread. Carry your madness enter bush

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by nkemoma(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Foolish unions.. foolish masses..

Una get wetin una deserve
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:
grin
Spill it bro! grin
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by 3ice9ce: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
alizma:
We have light, I no go talk the area

Ikeja here, light dey. In fact, Nepa dey climb some poles dey work as we dey here.

We can't suffer here because someone somewhere got himself beaten for engaging in partisan politics.

6 Likes

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by slivertongue: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
even without strike, light na everyday wahala

1 Like

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Darkandhandsom(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
There is light

1 Like

Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Franchise21(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
OK
Re: Workers Strike: TCN Denies Report On National Blackout by Stephench: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Flier:
Anyone who shut down electricity should be sentence to life imprisonment,it make no sense
it can never happen anywhere in the world

Nigeria government for don dey serve life since. Switching off power is an act of terrorism, but that's for countries that have power. People will not even notice when it happens in Nigeria because Nigeria government has been terrorising us since eternity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC Releases Names Of Merger Committee Members / Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas / Saudi Arabia Has To Be The Most dumbest Nation On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.