Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval (34541 Views)

What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by edgecution(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kalakulu:

https://www.thecable.ng/investigation-china-floods-northern-nigerian-markets-with-unregulated-monosodium-glutamate-products-msg/amp

Lollllll. I have it in my kitchen in America and I bought it in the groceries store. If Aji no moto is banned why is it everywhere in Yankee?

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Dubetex96(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
RENEWED

HOPE

INDEED
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by 3seriez(m): 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ajino Moto & White Maggi are the same thing. It has been a best seller In rural and low income areas in the North for years.

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by thatigboman: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2023
White Maggi has been in existence inthe North for more 30 years. How many people has it killed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Sleekfingers: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2023
id4sho:
Indomie generation don't know this. Well, it's Aji no moto

Aji no moto is a Japanese brand of msg.

There is also another popular brand called Vedan.

4 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Trottle: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
ahnie:
Dem don abandon ajinomoto?this is the most go to culinary used by almost every household in the north.

That shit almost cleanse my entire system back in my arewa days.
grin grin grin

Ajinomoto is the branded version of MSG o. It is one of the things that scares me from eating from Hausa-themed restaurants till today. The taste is easily noticed.

Na who belleful dey send NAFDAC. People are starving all over the country. The day staple becomes easily affordable, people will naturally become more health-conscious.

3 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by pacespot(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2023
Only God knows what this thing is made of? If Chinese could make rice out of rubber, tell me what is it that they cannot produce out of anything?

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Truvelisback(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Dem go soon dey use sand cook. Let them keep voting like buffoons.

Poor voters are the most useless.
Sawdust to cook Loading...
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by malware: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Poor little laborer grin

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by frozen70(f): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Sleekfingers: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
edgecution:

Lollllll. I have it in my kitchen in America and I bought it in the groceries store. If Aji no moto is banned why is it everywhere in Yankee?

Aji no moto is not banned . It is a popular brand in the world. I still use it to cook once in a while.
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by zolajpower: 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:

E b like sey u no know sey Hausa dey cook with sand cheesy
All their food if sand no dey den no b Hausa woman cook for north . cheesy
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by dominique(f): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
It's raw monosodium glutamate which is packaged into ajinomoto, Vedan etc. They've been using it for years if not decades. Thars how they package all sorts of unbranded foods for sale in their markets. They have Indomie, macaroni and spaghetti measured with congo like rice, they have milk and cocoa measured in cups. It's the wealthy and health conscious ones amongst them that buy branded foods. Majority of the lower class and those who no send buy these unbranded stuffs and most of them go on to live into their 80s and 90s.

7 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Antoeni(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
They Will Soon Be Using Gaza Maggie
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by epainos: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
adamusuleiman3:
Sensational reporting. MSG (bulk) is the same stuff people that own big restaurant use for several years. It has been in Nigeria for years.

Even the article mentions that. It's always good to read beyond the headline.

This is why people who eat out always don't live long. Keep eating msg either white, aino moto maggi royco, etc. Keep eating it. I don't engage in such debate...those who love themselves have stopped adding maggi to their food.

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Sleekfingers: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
3seriez:
Ajino Moto & White Maggi are the same thing. It has been a best seller In rural and low income areas in the North for years.

It is also use in the southwest to cook. Especially commercial foods. But sometimes, use at home. So it is not new.

Back in the 80's in Lagos. They sell it in a mini-packed nylon.

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by epainos: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
Trottle:

grin grin grin

Ajinomoto is the branded version of MSG o. It is one of the things that scares me from eating from Hausa-themed restaurants till today. The taste is easily noticed.

Na who belleful dey send NAFDAC. People are starving all over the country. The day staple becomes easily affordable, people will naturally become more health-conscious.
Why are you scared of Ajono moto when you consume maggi or royco steadily. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kukutente23: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
How northerners are complaining about the economy now amazes me.
These same people were so quiet and enduring when it was Bubu.
Now that it's a southerner they remember everything about economy even saying Buhari is better than Tinubu.
This country is just cruise. No unity. Just nepotism

3 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by epainos: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sleekfingers:

It is also use in the southwest to cook. Especially commercial foods. But sometimes, use at home. So it is not new.

Back in the 80's in Lagos. They sell it in a mini-packed nylon.
One of the reasons those who consumed it heavily in the 80's didn't pass 65 years. Keep eating it in maggi or royco. Lol

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Flier: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
So the editor wrote all these because of MAGGI

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by LAW2577: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
Ajinomoto
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Whatisurproblem(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:

very useless. Infact I don't know how to describe them
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by NoToPile: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
I thought this stuff was banned years back.

Vedan and ajinomoto
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Sleekfingers: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2023
epainos:

One of the reasons those who consumed it heavily in the 80's didn't pass 65 years. Keep eating it in maggi or royco. Lol

But the Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Singaporean, Taiwanese consumed it more. Why dem dey pass 80 years?

Why dem no ban big brand like Aji no moto in the United States or other countries in Europe.

In super markets in the UK, various brands of MSG brands are sold there. They are approved by their food agency.

I have Aji no moto and knorr in my pantry.

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Burgermotors: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
MSG the name sounds like what can kill

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Spicycat(f): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
id4sho:
Indomie generation don't know this. Well, it's Aji no moto

LAW2577:
Ajinomoto

Aji no moto is from Japan and it's approved by NAFDAC, this other MSGs are from China without any approval which makes them very generous for consumption.

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
adamusuleiman3:
Sensational reporting. MSG (bulk) is the same stuff people that own big restaurant use for several years. It has been in Nigeria for years.

Even the article mentions that. It's always good to read beyond the headline.

But it's cheaper and more dangerous
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by olamike02: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:

You still dey nurse that pain. Eeeyaaa. Sorry o.Pele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by izubext007: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
How did it even com into the country at the first place.
Let's it be an Igbo to import such, the Nigeria 🇳🇬 custom will do their job by ceasing the container
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Bobloco: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
Tinubulation
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by epainos: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sleekfingers:

But the Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Singaporean, Taiwanese consumed it more. Why dem dey pass 80 years?

Why dem no ban big brand like Aji no moto in the United States or other countries in Europe.

In super markets in the UK, various brands of MSG brands are sold there. They are approved by their food agency.

I have Aji no moto and knorr in my pantry.

I dont argue with anyone. Keep eating it....and keep using general facts that are not proven to be true. Na so one boy told me that time that Koreans have been using it for long. Again, koreans eat noodles a lot so noodles dey ok. Lol. Meanwhile, he doesnt eat kimchi and other kinds in its category ooo. Lol. Naija man wey dey chop sugar dey use local herbs to still support his sexual performance. Lol. You wey no use anything...you eat sugar and you go flat before you reach 40.

Dont worry...keep eating it. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / Picture Of A Man Eating Frog / Eat Or Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.