Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval (34542 Views)

What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Rice Becoming Unaffordable In Kano - Residents Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by ufuosman(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
shocked shocked
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by delzbaba(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
If I eat anything prepared with this thing ehn, sorry is my name for the next 48hrs.
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Geonigga(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
No matter how worst the economy is, the south south and south east will still be faring well
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Sirianese: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kalakulu:

https://www.thecable.ng/investigation-china-floods-northern-nigerian-markets-with-unregulated-monosodium-glutamate-products-msg/amp

Maggi oniyo cheesy

NAFDAC and every other govt agency is out there to generate money, they don't have time for trifles like product safety or product approval
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by CedarHoldings: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2023
Aboki and maggi 5 /6

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by unite4real: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
They have been eating this for decades. It has nothing to do with the state of the economy

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by sematec(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
From China and why did the Nigeria Customs allow it?
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Hydroxide(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
If they can't afford ordinary maggi with nafdac number, what can they afford? All this Northerners dey suffer Sha.

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Mrpojj(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Yankee101: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hunger is real
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Mvnster: 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
I got it in abundance here, even our Chinese in the company are no longer consuming it so I wonder how some locals considered it as hygienic even without the NAFDAC approval.
Does nafdac still exists at all?
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by ShangTsung000: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
descarado:

Are you and your family exempted?

Enough of this genesis and revelation. As if to say people's will were not trampled on in the last election.

Just like those accusing yoruba people when in actual sense, majority don't like tinubu nor gave him half of their votes.
Even doctored, they still didn't vote that much for him.
You guys should rest. This is becoming very boring

We all know Tinubu bought that seat he's sitting on. Nobody voted for APC.
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
I got it in abundance here, even our Chinese in the company are no longer consuming it so I wonder how some locals considered it as hygienic even without the NAFDAC approval.
Stop spreading misinformation! undecided

https://www.britannica.com/science/monosodium-glutamate
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop spreading misinformation! undecided

https://www.britannica.com/science/monosodium-glutamate
How? I speak so because I worked with the white now and presently, so I spread what I know/see and observed
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
■How? I speak so because I worked with the white now and presently, so I spread what I know/see and observed
Monosodium Glutamate is a naturally occurring substance in many of the foods we eat such as Tomatoes mushrooms, and fish, Anchovies (630mg/100g) , Cured ham (337mg/100g), Mackerel (215mg/100g), Clams (210mg/100g), Scallops (159mg/100g), Oysters (137), Egg yolks (46mg/100g), Shrimp (40mg/100g), Chicken (22mg/100g). If you consume soy sauce or even cheese, you consume the same substance.

The Myth that it is bad for your health has been disproven long ago. The problem is most folks continue to hold on to the myth for some odd reason. undecided

Stop spoiling the market for yourself by spreading misinformation. Educate your customers and you will see that sales will follow. undecided

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Monosodium Glutamate is a naturally occurring substance in many of the foods we eat such as Tomatoes mushrooms, and fish, Anchovies (630mg/100g) , Cured ham (337mg/100g), Mackerel (215mg/100g), Clams (210mg/100g), Scallops (159mg/100g), Oysters (137), Egg yolks (46mg/100g), Shrimp (40mg/100g), Chicken (22mg/100g). If you consume soy sauce or even cheese, you consume the same substance.

The Myth that it is bad for your health has been disproven long ago. The problem is most folks continue to hold on to the myth for some odd reason. undecided

Stop spoiling the market for yourself by spreading misinformation. Educate your customers and you will see that sales will follow. undecided
Thanks for the highlight but unfortunately I'm working with it and not selling
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
■ Thanks for the highlight but unfortunately I'm working with it and not selling
If you are "working" with it, then you know how it is made, right? So why did you say it was bad? undecided
SIXTEENTH:

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you are "working" with it, then you know how it is made, right? So why did you say it was bad? undecided
Reasons are the white I'm with don't consumed it and base on the facts about this news which stated that "without the NAFDAC approval"
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
■ Reasons are the white I'm with don't consumed it and base on the facts about this news which stated that "without the NAFDAC approval"
The whites you are with? What is that? undecided

Let me try to understand this better. Were you insinuating that the MSG products available in Nigeria are considered unfit for consumption until after approval by NAFDAC, or were you insinuating that generally, MSG itself isn't fit for consumption? undecided
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by gebest: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Bleach
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Squirrel1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Dem go soon dey use sand cook. Let them keep voting like buffoons.

Poor voters are the most useless.
if only igbo states are any better. Clown
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Squirrel1(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2023
ahnie:
Dem don abandon ajinomoto?this is the most go to culinary used by almost every household in the north.

That shit almost cleanse my entire system back in my arewa days.
abeg shut up. Liar
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Let me try to understand this better. Were you insinuating that the MSG products available in Nigeria are considered unfit for consumption until after approval by NAFDAC, or were you insinuating that generally, MSG itself isn't fit for consumption? undecided
I mean "Chinese" please check well I'm not the original postal I'm only contributing base on the write up and my observations.

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Squirrel1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
descarado:

Are you and your family exempted?

Enough of this genesis and revelation. As if to say people's will were not trampled on in the last election.

Just like those accusing yoruba people when in actual sense, majority don't like tinubu nor gave him half of their votes.
Even doctored, they still didn't vote that much for him.
You guys should rest. This is becoming very boring
they are annoying af. You can't help but wonder how their mind works.
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by themanderon: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2023
This thing we used in soaking our white garments bàck in the day. Are they still using it?
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
■ I mean "Chinese" please check well I'm not the original postal I'm only contributing base on the write up and my observations.
MSG was invented by the Japanese though so why do you use the Chinese folks around you to gauge its use? undecided
Japanese chemist Kikunae Ikeda invented MSG. Here's a quick recap of MSG's history: In 1907, Japanese chemist Kikunae Ikeda boiled down a huge amount of kombu seaweed to extract a substance – glutamate.
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
MSG was invented by the Japanese though so why do you use the Chinese folks around you to gauge its use? undecided
Leave google search aside and research base on your little knowledge and observant that's what I'm trying to enumerate here and I'm very sure even you don't use the MSG
Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
■ Leave google search aside and research base on your little knowledge and observant that's what I'm trying to enumerate here and I'm very sure even you don't use the MSG
Ignorance is not bliss! At all at all!

What you said does not make any sense. Google compiles information from all sources and accessing that information is how we come about knowledge, is it not? undecided

I eat Tomatoes, mushrooms, Anchovies (630mg/100g), Cured ham (337mg/100g), Mackerel (215mg/100g), Clams (210mg/100g), Scallops (159mg/100g), Oysters (137), Egg yolks (46mg/100g), Shrimp (40mg/100g), Chicken (22mg/100g), all of which contain MSG. I use MSG and soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, etc. for my cooking. So you really should quit wrapping ignorance around you like a blanket. undecided

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 12:11am On Nov 17, 2023
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=127010525] Ignorance is not bliss! At all at all!
Leave ignorance aside, are you consuming the ones tied in those transparent waterproof on display? And not the already mixed in the sealed and preserved products you google

1 Like

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Nov 17, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Leave ignorance aside, are you consuming the ones tied in those transparent waterproof on display? And not the already mixed in the sealed and preserved products you google
I recall asking you the following earlier...
Kobojunkie:

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by deavicky(m): 12:26am On Nov 17, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
what does Nafdac know?. Even the so call Maggi, knor and the rest are still unknown chemicals. forget all those things they advertise that it is made with chicken. Meanwhile there no amount of chicken u grind and cook that will taste like Maggi.
This bring to asking how many tones of chicken they compressed into one cube to sale for 50 Naira.

2 Likes

Re: MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval by SIXTEENTH(m): 12:29am On Nov 17, 2023
Ignorance is not bliss! At all at all!

I think you're the ignorant one here, check and read almost every bodies comments here, some are totally against it and moreover you're using google images to backup your claims while me I'm defending base on first hand experience and observant I believe most of the products you present on display here I'm such some of them you didn't taste or see them physically but me I have access to almost all the Chinese sea foods and their ingredients direct from Chinese stores.
Like I said challenge the OP and not me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / Picture Of A Man Eating Frog / Eat Or Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.