Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. (1491 Views)

I Want A Nigerian Man Living In Canada / Don't Marry Guys Who Have This 10 Habits... / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by LoveUdie: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
My Sister, don't marry a Man Living in a Family House, you will never enjoy that Marriage.

I may sound Stoopid and senseless but believe me the day you're married into a family house you'll remember this post. Even flies in the house will abuse you including your in-laws.

Untill you find yourself in this situation you may not understand this post.

Sister, if a man does not have money to rent atleast one room apartment, then you guys have no business getting married.
How will you guys now cope with family expenses?

Don't be deceived, marriage needs money.

The day your husband marry you into family house, both of you have lost RESPECT and dignity in that family.

Even if it’s one room apartment it will be much more better than living in a family house, for peace to reign.

If a man still lives in his parents house, tell him to get an apartment before paying your BRIDE PRICE. Statistics shows that, the wives end up unhappy, caged and frustrated.

No matter how good your in-laws are, pray you don't have any reason to live with them. They will show you shege. It's a matter of TIME. Just give them TIME.
Visit them, let them visit you.

Your parents in-law maybe good but believe me your Co-Wives, brothers and sisters in-law will fight you. Some may even go diabolical to make sure you're 7feet down.

Dear Men, leaving a family house does not mean neglecting your parents and your responsibility, it means starting your own life, living a private life and having a peaceful home.

I repeat, Please don't marry a man living in a family house, you will never enjoy that marriage to its fullest.
Source...... https://www.gistreal.ng/?m=1

6 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by mbaise1000: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
So the poster is telling any girl that have met her soul mate to leave him because of where he is living?
This post say more about the poster than the one he or she is advicing because if he believes that people are going to offend her in that family house, it will mean that if she is there before the others, she will do same to them,
Wasn't it last week that a woman said she want to recommend a girl for me but I should tell her if I am living in a family house or I am in my own house, I asked her why and she said she know her friend that she will not stay in a family house, I looked at her and the type of person she is and I told her that I will drive away my siblings who haven't got their own houses yet because I want to marry your friend? Fortunately she is someone I know and will not marry someone like her because I saw how she is living with her own husband.
What I am saying is that any woman who will not want to stay in a family house because of what the people who are there before her will do to her is not BETTER than those she is trying to avoid and any woman who refuses to marry because of this reason is not ready for marriage yet

7 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by correctyourself(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
Do people still do this?

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin She is right and very for that matter.Living with a husband still in his family home,exposes you to see finish from the in-laws.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by jmoore(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
Myopic!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Bluezy13(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
Advice is sweet with options.
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Bluezy13:
Advice is sweet with options.
They can rent a room grin
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
mbaise1000:
So the poster is telling any girl that have met her soul mate to leave him because of where he is living?
This post say more about the poster than the one he or she is advicing because if he believes that people are going to offend her in that family house, it will mean that if she is there before the others, she will do same to them,
Wasn't it last week that a woman said she want to recommend a girl for me but I should tell her if I am living in a family house or I am in my own house, I asked her why and she said she know her friend that she will not stay in a family house, I looked at her and the type of person she is and I told her that I will drive away my siblings who haven't got their own houses yet because I want to marry your friend? Fortunately she is someone I know and will not marry someone like her because I saw how she is living with her own husband.
What I am saying is that any woman who will not want to stay in a family house because of what the people who are there before her will do to her is not BETTER than those she is trying to avoid and any woman who refuses to marry because of this reason is not ready for marriage yet
Uncle find apartment to live in alone if you want to get married. Leave all these talks. You will even be saving yourself a lot of stress grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2023
In my tribe, the male last born inherits his parents house upon marriage, it doesn't matter whether the parents are still alive and his older siblings are still living in the house... After marriage, he's expected to bring his new wife to come and live with them.

Unless if maybe he has an apartment somewhere and he'll live with his wife there until everyone leaves the family house for him and his wife.

Sometimes I pity those ladies who'd agree to get married to last borns who still have parents and older siblings at home.

I guess that's why some SA tribes call Sepedi guys Mama's boys...😂😂😂
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Kobicove(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
Why would a guy even be considering marriage if does not have the financial muscle to rent an apartment for himself? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by jmoore(m): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Uncle find apartment to live alone in if you want to get married. Leave all these talks. You will even be saving yourself a lot of stress grin grin
He will be saving money by not paying rent. Saving money is saving yourself a lot of stress. He can stay in his family house, till he is over comfortable to have a house or apartment of his own.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by okoroemeka(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
LoveUdie:

My Sister, don't marry a Man Living in a Family House, you will never enjoy that Marriage.

I may sound Stoopid and senseless but believe me the day you're married into a family house you'll remember this post. Even flies in the house will abuse you including your in-laws.

Sister, if a man does not have money to rent atleast one room apartment, then you guys have no business getting married.

The day your husband marry you into family house, both of you have lost RESPECT and dignity in that family.

Even if it’s one room apartment it will be much more better than living in a family house, for peace to reign.

If a man still lives in his parents house, tell him to get an apartment before paying your BRIDE PRICE. Statistics shows that, the wives end up unhappy, caged and frustrated.

No matter how good your in-laws are, pray you don't have any reason to live with them. They will show you shege. It's a matter of TIME. Just give them TIME.

Your parents in-law maybe good but believe me your Co-Wives, brothers and sisters in-law will fight you. Some may even go diabolical to make sure you're 7feet down.

Dear Men, leaving a family house does not mean neglecting your parents and your responsibility, it means starting your own life, living a private life and having a peaceful home.

I repeat, Please don't marry a man living in a family house, you will never enjoy that marriage to its fullest.
you are totally and absolutely wrong,making such assumptions without stating the type of house and type of family,even these days for girls to marry a man that has family house is a big achievement nowadays

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Bigseven(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
Not all families are like the family you got yourself into. In as much as I agree with you 100 percent that a man is more respected when he rent his apartment or build his house aside from family house, don’t discourage the young lads who are still staying in their family house. It might be for a short time before things fall in place. For some, their parents are aging and you want to separate the man from his parent because you got married to him. Do you know what the parents went through to train him to this point that you got married to him and even enjoying him? Pls don’t share this myopic opinion. Probably your bad character exposes you or some village people are after you that’s why you were seen finish proMax if not, allow every man to grow into different phases of life. May be from family house to his own or to a rented apartment, better still some parents will even advise him to move out. So don’t generalize such issues because you know of a failed home or had bitter see finish experience. A jobless lady staying in family house will be seen finish ofcourse. Therefore encourage your gender to get a job or be doing something to earn instead of this your yeye advice madam adviser. Husbands scarce oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by 1Sharon(f): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Are there women that do this?!
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by mbaise1000: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
Uncle find apartment to live alone in if you want to get married. Leave all these talks. You will even be saving yourself a lot of stress grin grin

So if I have a house and my siblings are in my house, and my parents are in my house, I will drive them out because I want to marry a wife who doesn't want tobbr in a family house or leave my house to go and rent a house because of someone who doesn't want to tolerate others or for a person who 8s afraid that others will do to her what she would do to others? Because anyone who have this type of mindset will do exactly thale same thing she is afraid of
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Boondocxs(f): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
I will never try such
A private one bedroom
Is better than a duplex filled with family

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
LoveUdie:

Just tell us u don't have a good family background and mind you, not all family are all what you described. Let people live their life the way they want it. I remember my distant cousin that he and his wife lived in their family house for years. This woman was so pampered that when my cousin wants to move out, the wife refused to follow her husband. It took great effort to persuade this woman to go join her husband in his new home. The day she was to leave, she cried like a baby. You see, as u have bitter experience of couple living in their family house so there are good ones too.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Evolutionism: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
LoveUdie:

A scorned, wounded and frustrated ENP speaking from her experiencegrin

I currently stays in my PMAN's Big House in Lagos and yet i have my own personal house i built in Ogun state and I'm not married yet. If i'm getting married, i will marry into the house in Lagos where i currently live like a KING.

Nobody say make you go marry into POOR MISERABLE Familygrin

Carry your cross like Jesu Mushin in peace and stop spitting up and downgrin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Evolutionism: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
okoroemeka:
you are totally and absolutely wrong,making such assumptions without stating the type of house and type of family,even these days for girls to marry a man that has family house is a big achievement nowadays.

You should know this👇

Most Nigerians doesn't reason properly because they are gullible and they have extreme Mental Problems.

I Just laugh at the Eediots these days.

There is no need Engaging Foolish and Useless beings.

C.H.E.E.R.S
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Blitzking: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
Family house is different from family house ..if ur parents av many houses and you decide to stay In one of them will she say she won't stay...if ur parents are late and the other children are girls who av gone to their husband house will u say she shouldn't stay.. I see nothing wrong here except at least one parent is alive or your siblings are still staying in the house..if both parents are dead and your siblings(females) are married no problem..if any of them av issues with their husband prepare to leave with your wife ASAP. IF NO PRIVACY AND THINGS DONT FEEL RIGHT ABORT MISSION. ITS TERRIBLE BRINGING A WOMAN TO THE HOUSE YOUR PARENTS/SIBLINGS ARE STILL LIVING IN. That's a no no.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Vinnie2000(m): 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
OP,

Is it Advice Also for 36, 37 year old Single Ladies seriously in need of Husband? sad sad

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
correctyourself:
Do people still do this?

How many Nigerians have 500k and above as their account balance according to NBS? If you know that answer you wouldn't ask this question.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2023
Bigseven:
Not all families are like the family you got yourself into. In as much as I agree with you 100 percent that a man is more respected when he rent his apartment or build his house aside from family house, don’t discourage the young lads who are still staying in their family house. It might be for a short time before things fall in place. For some, their parents are aging and you want to separate the man from his parent because you got married to him. Do you know what the parents went through to train him to this point that you got married to him and even enjoying him? Pls don’t share this myopic opinion. Probably your bad character exposes you or some village people are after you that’s why you were seen finish proMax if not, allow every man to grow into different phases of life. May be from family house to his own or to a rented apartment, better still some parents will even advise him to move out. So don’t generalize such issues because you know of a failed home or had bitter see finish experience. A jobless lady staying in family house will be seen finish ofcourse. Therefore encourage your gender to get a job or be doing something to earn instead of this your yeye advice madam adviser. Husbands scarce oo grin

Love the last paragraph. A jobless lady will b see finish. Lot of them have nothing to do, no job Nd no craft. They were only oppoturned to be rescued out of their miserable life yet they want to b calling the shot. A hardworking lady that leave home in morning and comes back in the evening will be highly regarded by her in-laws...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by SUPERPACK: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2023
After running from your family house because of your sibling, when you encounter financial difficulty it is still there you will end up as. While we pray to remain rich, we should also not detach ourselves from our root.

Always strive to get an understanding wife not the one that has conditions attached, for marriage is a marathon and not a bed of roses.
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Tallesty1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Persephone1:

There's this guy I know who's tying the knot in December, yet he's still living with his mom. When I spoke to him earlier this year, I suggested he get his own place before marriage, but he shrugged it off, thinking he could sort it out after tying the knot. I warned him that this might cause issues, especially if his mom thinks it's the wife's idea. Unfortunately, he didn't heed the advice.

I'm a proud Mama's Boy, Suleja branch chairman in case you don't know, but as a man, you've got to be sensible about these things. His close relationship with his mom could pose problems post-marriage if he fails to maintain the same lifestyle. This, in turn, might lead to blame being unfairly placed on his wife.

I've observed that some of the conflicts between daughters-in-law and mothers-in-law stem from the actions and inactions of men, although I won't go into details on that front.

This guy has this annoying habit; say we chill out like this, he will reserve a portion of whatever he eats and take it home to his Mom. Alcohol exempted. It's not just embarrassing; it's downright irritating.

Interestingly, the woman he's about to marry is already working, but his mom has already decided she should switch careers after marriage. She wants her to either become a teacher or delve into the fashion industry. What's surprising is that the guy seems perfectly fine with this arrangement.

Putting family drama aside, my advice for anyone in this day and age is not to tie the knot with someone who hasn't experienced independent living. Times are tough, and unless you're blessed with an abundance of resources, it's crucial to have a partner who understands how to plan, manage finances, and make the most of what's available. Many guys still living in their family homes may think they've achieved something by dropping 20k from their salary, but in reality, what can 20k really accomplish these days?
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Antwan99: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2023
Persephone1:
Apt & quipped.
Re: Don't Marry A Man Living In A Family House. by Bigseven(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

Love the last paragraph. A jobless lady will b see finish. Lot of them have nothing to do, no job Nd no craft. They were only oppoturned to be rescued out of their miserable life yet they want to b calling the shot. A hardworking lady that leave home in morning and comes back in the evening will be highly regarded by her in-laws...
exactly my point. 🤝

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do N How Do I Know When It's Love? / Who Was Your First Love? / Brokenheared And Betrayed By My Beloved Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.