Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu (12940 Views)

President Tinubu Vows To Remove All Obstacles Across The Entire Electric Sector / Nicholas Tofowomo: We Should Have Removed Buhari Two Years Ago / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by COMPAQ(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/11/21/weve-removed-all-obstacles-hindering-business-in-nigeria-tinubu/

You have removed just a minute few obstacles Sir. Amongst the obstacles that remain:

1. High level corruption in all spheres of government (Lagos and Abia are case in point)
2. Serious government bureaucracy at all levels
3. Transportation nightmare into Nigeria (inefficient ports, airports, clearing procedures etc)
4. Transportation nightmare within Nigeria (terrible roads, terrible aviation, no trains, no proper inland waterways)
5. Insecurity (though that seems to have improved in all honesty)
6. Insufficient electricity
7. Poor internet connectivity across the length and breadth of this country.

1 Like

Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Awaja(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
You removed all the obstacles and brought your own Hiccups.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by COMPAQ(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
Rossikk:

School dropout, the Nigerian economy is ranked 36th in the world.

But to your illiterate head allergic to basic research, it’s “not among the top 100”.

The only mistake Tinubu made in that speech was saying we have many highly educated people in Nigeria.

Majority of you are dumb, loud, and ignorant, and you don’t know anything.

Nigeria's economy is 36th largest on account of its population. And by the way with ~220mln people, Nigeria should be in top 20 if we were really a productive nation.

However, in all other indices, we are nowhere near the top 150 in the world:

access to quality health
access to quality education
number of out of school children
maternal mortality
Index of best places to live
open defecation
employment rate
purchasing power parity
poverty rate
and many many more

1 Like

Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by NLPoliceWoman: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
RTR
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Alexiiydon: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Curious345:
Hnmm.
.that's not true .

Another bluuuu
it’s not true because it remains those guys from red soil area I mean those Igbos I mean those rags from the east
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Alexiiydon: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
CEOKmotors:
undecided

Monkey, what about electricity, abi that one too no be obstacle?
obi na Ape 🦍
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Dshocker(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
Look at what this man is say, wahala.

Tinubu have you tackle insecurity?

Tinubu what level of assistance is the government giving to old & new businesses?

Tinubu have you tackled electricity problem?

Tinubu have you fixed the FX issues?

So, stop deceiving yourself, no right thinking foreign investor will come invest in Nigeria, everywhere is messed up, and yet our leaders criticize those criticising the country.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Fujiyama: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:
You said it yourself, "the previous government". You cannot let go on the previous government but instead use it to attack Tinubu's new administration.

^^^
I said it once and I'll say it again: It is the same party that birthed the administrations of Buhari and Tinubu. Bola Tinubu was with Buhari from "top to bottom", as they often said at APC campaign rallies. For eight long years, BAT pretended all was well with his country - all because he wanted to succeed Buhari - no matter the cost to ordinary Nigerians. It is very revealing that Bola Tinubu fell out with Buhari only when Buhari laid assorted booby traps and mines in the path of his (BAT's) presidential ambitions early this year. It just didn't matter to Tinubu when his interests were unharmed and ordinary Nigerians were the only ones feeling the heat of Buhari's misrule. undecided

ElSudani:
But I should forget what Obi, Atiku and their supporters said and did because they are not in government? Such hypocrisy.

^^^
If I were an Obi or Atiku strategist or adviser I would be elated at the free publicity from you and your team. BAT is struggling and struggling hard and his team it seems, does not have solutions to this country's very serious problems. Anyone who looks carefully can see that. This urgent need by BAT supporters to bring Obi and Atiku into the discussion all the time...says it all.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by emorse(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
SmartyPants:

The reality on the ground is not the exact opposite. Its strange how you can say something like this even as the presidents most recent trip to Saudi has already yeilded promises of significant investment. You may choose to see it as a waste of time but clearly its yeilding dividends so obviously the international investors see things different and are open to being wooed.

I can't see how any rational mind can suggest that one should not attempt to woo ready investors. Woo them and let them be the one to say no!

They announced a $14b investment from some Indian investors not so long ago. I don't know how long these things take to manifest but there are no signs of any manifestation at the moment. I really hope they do manifest though.

Pardon my pessimism but Obasanjo didn't have to go out to woo foreign telcos before they came. They got the hint that we were ready and trooped in. They're in for the money bro and if they don't see themselves making profits, believe me their shadows will not cross our paths.

I mean how do you convince a person that you've removed obstacles to doing business in your country when there's news everywhere about how other investors are winding down and finding their ways out? Mr President really has to deal with the problems on the home front otherwise these trips will just be a waste of our time.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by 9icetoo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
Are the agberos (IGR) gone?
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
emorse:

They announced a $14b investment from some Indian investors not so long ago. I don't know how long these things take to manifest but there are no signs of any manifestation at the moment. I really hope they do manifest though.

Pardon my pessimism but Obasanjo didn't have to go out to woo foreign telcos before they came. They got the hint that we were ready and trooped in. They're in for the money bro and if they don't see themselves making profits, believe me their shadows will not cross our paths.

I mean how do you convince a person that you've removed obstacles to doing business in your country when there's news everywhere about how other investors are winding down and finding their ways out? Mr President really has to deal with the problems on the home front otherwise these trips will just be a waste of our time.

Na propaganda government wey dey.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by NtitledNaija: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Here's another bad news to naysayers who are mostly lazy and idle online
https://businessday.ng/agriculture/article/okomu-oil-presco-see-profit-surge-despite-rising-costs/#google_vignette

It’s only a numbskull like you that can try to paint an obviously black story, white.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Youngsage: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2023
Rossikk:

SHUT UP.

How many countries on earth do you think have 24/7 power?

India doesn’t.

Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and many other countries in Asia and even South America are still struggling with power issues.

Are investors not trooping there as we speak?

Perennially disgruntled idiots.

If they achieve 24/7 power tomorrow you will still find another excuse to be useless and complain.

Self haters drowned in complex.

You see why you lots are irredeemable airheads?

"India doesn't have 24/7 power supply after all... And many others"

So what

Always quick to identify countries when it comes to negative comparativeness, but will turn a blind eye when it comes to positive developments.

Give me one good reason why Nigeria SHOULDN'T have 24/7 power supply. In 2023.

Go ahead, what's the big excuse Nigeria has?

Or let's just agree that's it's impossible with a country like Nigeria, right? Or the same old population is what you have to say??

If investors are trooping into India without stable power supply, why is Nigeria's case the opposite?? After all, your comrade in numbskullery said that ALL OBSTACLES TO BUSINESS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. Isn't that correct?? undecided

Why not emulate Europe and other African countries that have stable power supply, instead?

It's Asia you see to cite as excuses for your country's leadership failure.

It is your father's entire family that is useless to the society.

Do you know how many businesses are being crippled by having to run generators on a daily business?

IF 24/7 power is achieved tomorrow, do you understand what it means for the economics of Nigeria? It's me that will enjoy it?

Won't your poverty stricken household champion it as an achievement of the government?

And if power supply from the government ceases totally, you think it will affect me or my household?

In all my years on NL I have read a lot of stupidity, from a lot of stupid folks, but defending stupidity with more stupidity? Yours definitely is a unique case. Worse, as you don't even know the extent to which your stupidity reaches.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by ennyelias: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2023
See plenty grammar. Nah hunger go finish u last last
FreeStuffsNG:
Awesome!! Thank you President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR.

The genuine and patriotic feedbacks from your brilliant policies will be reviewed afterwards by your able, brilliant, hardworking and patriotic team to further improve the lots of legitimate businesses.

Only the naysayers, criminal defamers, cowardly insecured narcissists, cyberbullies and unpatriotic elements will neither see nor benefit from these major positive results of your policies in our nation.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Lumarstone: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2023
Irony, diesel price is #1,200.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by CEOKmotors: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
Alexiiydon:
obi na Ape 🦍

Nothing concern with that one, abi you think say I be part of those obidients mobs?

My own na say, this old fool dey lie without fear.
Re: We Have Removed All Obstacles Hindering Business In Nigeria – Tinubu by Fizalis(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
Well I must say that you are just out to throw vile words around. Nigerian economy is shit for all I care. 36th now 39th doesn't mean the economy is improving or good. Howfar, I heard that you are immune to the current.

Rossikk:

School dropout, the Nigerian economy is ranked 36th in the world.

But to your illiterate head allergic to basic research, it’s “not among the top 100”.

The only mistake Tinubu made in that speech was saying we have many highly educated people in Nigeria.

Majority of you are dumb, loud, and ignorant, and you don’t know anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[breaking News]onnoghen: PDP To Protest At US Embassy / Gunmen Exchange Fire In Osun All Progressives Congress Election, Two Injured / Igboho Is A Businessman Not A Terrorist, Lawyer Replies FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.