Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court (36704 Views)

APC’s Worst Mistake Was Challenging Osun Election Outcome - Group (vi) / NIN - A Mistake Was Made In My Gender / Ba Lawan Abubakar Kills 5 Rebel Leaders, Silences Clerical Tones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by fergie001: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
The Appeal Court has responded to the crisis which emanated from the Certified True Copy (CTC) of the judgment on Kano Governorship election.

The appellate court had upheld the verdict of the tribunal which sacked Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP).

However, the CTC of the judgment was contradictory.

In the lead judgment delivered by Justice Moore Aseimo Abraham Adumein, the judge held in one of the concluding paragraphs on Page 68 that “I will conclude by stating that the live issues in this appeal are hereby resolved in favour of the 1st respondent and against the appellant.”

The appellant in the appeal is Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf while the 1st respondent is the All Progressives Congress (APC) with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the NNPP as 2nd and 3rd respondents.

The judge went further to hold that “In the circumstances, I resolve all the issues in favour of the appellant and against the 1st respondent.

In a bid to clear the air on the controversy, Chief Registrar of the Appeal Court, Umar Mohammed Bangari, maintained that the said clerical error, did not in any way, invalidate or change the unanimous conclusion of the three-member panel of justices that decided the appeal.

The Chief Registrar said the clerical error would be rectified, once parties in the matter file a formal application to that effect.

Besides, he stressed that Order 23 Rule 4 of the Court of Appeal HandBook, empowered the court to correct any clerical error, once detected by the court or any of the parties in the matter.

He added that contrary to insinuations in social media, the judgment of the court remained valid.

“What happened in the part of the judgment is just a mere clerical error that ought not to draw any issue.

“The Court is empowered to correct such clerical error and that will be done as appropriate,”
Bangari added.

Meanwhile, Governor Yusuf’s lawyers filed a fresh notice of appeal before the Supreme Court, seeking to uphold only the aspect of the judgment which is in their favour and overturn parts that are not.

But staff of the Court refused service of the processes, forcing the legal team to proceed to the Kano Division of the court where same was accepted with revenue collector’s receipt number: 13164334.

Officials of the Court of Appeal later sent letters to counsels to all the parties in the matter to return the CTCs for correction, which Governor Yusuf’s lawyers also refused service.

SOURCE

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Kyase(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2023
We know na

Remain Sule to get his own sack

10 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Chinjo2: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
This is the greatest scandal of the century. Coming from the judicial bandits

212 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by vanbonattel: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2023
Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by CoronaVirusPro: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
The Nigerian judiciary has once again proven to be competent and unbiased.

More grease to their elbows!

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by bennybuhari: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2023
Which error? The judgment affirmed his victory

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by FreeStuffsNG: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE
I know all along and that's why it must be investigated to stop this criminal enterprise.

The judgement was read in the open court , the whole world heard the judgement and how the Appeal Court upheld the judgement of the lower court that SACKED the Kano Governor. It was after the judgement that the 'error' was inserted in the CTC. Similar thing happened with the PEPT CTC judgement too.

I suspect the sore losers politicians are behind these crimes. How on earth will the CTC Judgement with watermark of the APC's candidate lawyers be the one that bloggers pushed to the media and why? It's a deliberate crime by sore losers to misinform and attack the judgement and the credibility of the Judges that gave the judgement because they didn't receive favourable judgement. The Appeal Court must report them to the DSS.
The clerical staff, politicians and bloggers that broke the news must be investigated and prosecuted.

The corrupt politicians recruit and induce corrupt clerical staff to insert 'typo errors ' then release it to corrupt bloggers who will push out the fake content intended to disinform and embarrass the Judges or taint their credibility. Check my signature for free stuffs!

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by DaTruths: 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
If Kano people allows that, good for them.

Nigeria has gone to the dogs forever.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by tesppidd: 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
I hate APC, I dislike Tinubu, I dislike Ganduje, I dislike Wike.

But truth be told, there's nothing too serious to see here apart from the fact that it is an embarrassment to the judiciary especially at a time when it's image is so battered.

Since technical legal terms like "respondent", "appellant" were used,
But not specific party or candidates names like NNPP and Abba Kabir Yusuf.

It is understandable that it was a clerical error, a mix up.

Appellant,
Respondent,
Defendant,
Accused;
With a rush of blood to the head one might mix up these terms in moments of loss of concentration.

And since the judgements were pronounced live and directly from the lips of all the judges during judgement, there is no ambiguity.

The judges actually ruled in favour of APC..
This is also not ruling out the fact they might have been compromised.

37 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
If the smelly criminally minded corrupt Supreme Court have any iota of shame left in them, they would upturn this injustice done to Yusuf of the NNPP or else they should be ready for the revolution that we all crave for which will set our dear Nation on the right track while saving it from the current political bandits at the helms of our affairs.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by athaboi(f): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria judiciary is gone. More pathetic is the fact that everyone is acting like all is well, I pity this country

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Ttipsy(f): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Shameless lawyers

4 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Hezzyluv: 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
Where Abba shoot himself on the foot was assuming his office and kick started demolition work (politics of bitterness) .undecided

Channel this strength to better his subjects lives so that when a time like this comes, the whole people (PDP, APC NPP, YCM even WWE) would be behind you. But the stupid man's brain was full of hatred to Gandoje he was even ready to demolish the government house sad

Should there be rerun election now, OYO Abba.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by magoo10(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
a clear court judgement cannot be said to be ambiguous,the Nigeria judiciary is a shame.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by seandurse(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
Awon werey

1 Like

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by utenwuson: 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
These rogue judges will burn down this country one day... Phuls

4 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Omezif(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
The judicially system of this country is worse especially in this year 2023.
What money can't do more money can do better, that's what I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by EEIA: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
grin
Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by tommykiwi(m): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
This guys don't have shame at all.

They should keep on disgracing themselves, and not the country.

Nonsense Apchit external body.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by asobo1: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Clerical koo.. Criminals calling themselves judges.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by LivingSage: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
This is good for our democracy.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Padipadi(m): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Confirmed.
Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by ATEAMS: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Chai
Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Christistruth03: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
grin

Gov Yusuf's case is bad

Judgement that was read out aloud in Court

His 165,000 unsigned Unstamped Undated ballots sealed his Case

Which Court on earth would ever accept that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEtKbqhubzU?si=x0NC2ZMOgrv-41lp

10 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by BrickDevo: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
I just finished eating beans and yam with soaked garri, groundnut mixed with Nescafé 3 in one coffee,

i am working this night no sleep, because i must deliver to my clients, they put food on my table before this useless government and judiciary cock and bull story.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Padipadi(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
DaTruths:
If Kano people allows that, good for them.

Nigeria has gone to the dogs forever.
Go n help them to protest.
I ll be glad to see how abokis chop beatings from army. Aboki cries are sweet to hear

4 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Falex114(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
The Nigerian judiciary has once again proven to be competent and unbiased.

More grease to their elbows!
Olori buruku

11 Likes

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Padipadi(m): 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I know all along and that's why it must be investigated to stop this criminal enterprise.

The judgement was read in the open court and it upheld the judgement of the lower court which sacked the Kano Governor. It was after the judgement that the error was inserted in the CTC. Similar thing happened with the PEPT CTC judgement too and I suspect the sore losers politicians.

The corrupt politicians recruit and induce corrupt clerical staff to insert 'typo errors ' then release it to corrupt bloggers who will push out the fake content intended to disinform and embarrass the Judges or taint their credibility.
You mad o.
You fit stand in as lier spokesperson for the devil.
Your life must be filled with how do I compose this lie, that lie on behalf of APC.
And in reality, you must be one coward boy that when you see stick, you go japa thinking it's a gun.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court by Nackzy: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2023
Mad people God is seeing you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gafaru Street In Lagos Flooded After A 12 Hour Rainfall / Don’t Despair, We’ll Retrieve Our Stolen Mandate, Atiku Tells Supporters / Ebele Obiano Dances & Celebrates The Start Of Her Journey To The Senate (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.